Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Why We Waited Till Now To Make The Big Decision…. Amb. Charles Nzechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Waited Till Now To Make The Big Decision…. Amb. Charles Nzechi (323 Views)

The Presidential Cars That Waited For President Buhari At The Airport / Breaking! Ibeku Youths Assembly Re-affirm Support For Amb. Charles Nzechi / We Waited Too Long. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why We Waited Till Now To Make The Big Decision…. Amb. Charles Nzechi by chuksahamefule: 11:53pm On Feb 27, 2018
My brothers, sisters and friends, in our journey to create and recreate a political atmosphere that will engender inclusive development of all sectors of our constituency, for the interest of the people as its pivotal objective, we need a vehicle that will take us to that desired destination.

Needless to re-echo the failures we have been faced with, at every stage of our political lives. Needless to remind us of the injustice that has characterized our everyday existence as a people because of the quality of representation that we have been faced with over the years. There is no point prompting us of our pains of having to send representatives who end up representing themselves and their personal interest.

Most of our political parties rather than being the conveyance of development has become vehicles of shortchange and subversion of the political will of the people, often throwing up masters rather than servants to the people that elected them into service at different levels.

One will then appreciate how difficult it will be for anybody with genuine intentions and passion for the development of his people and his environment to cue behind a political party that cannot be best described as having the utmost interest of the masses as cardinal.

If a decision involves just me, I can make it without absolute consideration of all these factors, bearing in mind that I must bear the risk involved and enjoy the spoils where applicable all alone. But where a decision involves the collective destiny of a people, their future, their lives and their trust. Where it involves their beliefs and possible switch of allegiance in pursuit of the actualization of this belief.

One cannot therefore take a chance of not taking his/her time to come up with a decision that will best suit the interest of not only his/her people but must ensure that the allegiance to whatever political machinery that is to be joined must be that which goes to the people.

At this time in our lives, given our shocking experiences as a constituency it will be politically suicidal on the part of all of us if a bad political decision is made and that goes for the electorate, the politician and the political parties.

Having considered all these factors, I decided to take a little while to ensure that the right decision is made having all shades of opinion and perspectives into consideration, we all can attest that I have taken every one along in this process of decision making by seeking for advice and having everyone's input before arriving at the decision that we are about to make.

As members of a civil society one expects that every right thinking politician with a passion for development of his/her society devoid of selfish motives must align with a political party that has the super structure and credible enough identity to take on the responsibilities and Duties of the Government to the People which includes (1) MAINTENANCE OF LAW AND ORDER. (2) PROTECTION OF LIVES AND PROPERTIES. (3) PROMOTE DEMOCRACY AND SOCIAL JUSTICE (4) PROVISION OF SOCIAL WELFARE SERVICES (5) PROMOTION OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT (6) PROTECTION OF HUMAN RIGHTS (7) TO PROVIDE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES.

If this is what democracy, leadership and representation should be, there is no gain over emphasizing the fact that the political party best positioned as our own party with our political ideology that is focused and promotes our brand of democracy should be the best decision.

My dear honourable constituents, whatever decision unveiled on the 1st of March. It has been made with the intent, and in the interest, of the development of our people and society.

#PASS
AMB. CHIEF CHARLES NZECHI (AHA EJI GA MBA 1 OF OHUHU)

(1) (Reply)

PDP Denies Squandering $500bn Oil Proceeds / Cameroon Bans Nighttime Driving In Six Districts / Senate Summons Aviation Minister, Set To Declare State Of Emergency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.