Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,909 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

I Want To Be Nigeria's President - Donald Duke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Want To Be Nigeria's President - Donald Duke (21910 Views)

Court Orders Takeover Of Donald Duke’s Ikoyi Property Over N537.3m Debt / Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS / Why Saraki Cannot Be Nigeria’s President – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Be Nigeria's President - Donald Duke by eyesoflagos: 4:37am On Feb 28, 2018
I WANT TO BE NIGERIA'S PRESIDENT - DONALD DUKE
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2018/02/senator-melaye-apc-has-failed-nigerians.html

A former Governor of Cross River State, Mr Donald Duke, said on Tuesday he has not dropped his presidential ambition.

Duke stated this in a chat with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).

He said the speculations that he has dropped the presidential aspiration were untrue.

The ex-governor said he has not officially declared for the presidency for strategic reasons.

“Sometime ago, I said I will run for the presidency of the country if the opportunity presented itself.

“Yes, my presidential ambition is still intact. I am only waiting for the opportunity to present itself to make the right move,’’ he said.

Asked on what platform he would run, since he was a member of former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s inspired “Coalition for Nigeria Movement (CNM),” he said it was too early to decide on the matter.

He, however, said he was still a member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

“I am still a member of the PDP, at the same time a member of the coalition which is not a political party.

“The coalition will definitely align with a political party to achieve its goals, otherwise it will make no sense.

“I can’t say yet the platform on which I will run if the opportunity presents itself. We are still watching and will take the right step at the right time,’’ he added.

On the abductions and killings in some parts of the country, Duke described the situation as disturbing.

He urged the relevant authorities to confront the problem head on for the peace and stability of the nation.

source: Eyes Of Lagos

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Be Nigeria's President - Donald Duke by orisa37: 5:06am On Feb 28, 2018
Fine Brain & face DD, your type will fit in once Nigeria is prestructured. Now is Thurgery and Caliphate Presidency.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Be Nigeria's President - Donald Duke by okosodo: 5:59am On Feb 28, 2018
This man no doubt will do better than anybody from the north because of the element and factor of brilliance in him. But he cannot be there because he is not from the north and he is not a member of those that have allied to destroy the country. INEC on the other hand is amassing spurious votes for any future northern consensus candidate so that they will need less of yorubas support in the future elections.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Want To Be Nigeria's President - Donald Duke by Nobody: 6:00am On Feb 28, 2018
Mr Duke, please tell us the full story of Tinapa.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be Nigeria's President - Donald Duke by loveth360(f): 6:01am On Feb 28, 2018
Story
Re: I Want To Be Nigeria's President - Donald Duke by Desyner: 6:11am On Feb 28, 2018
I suspect this man is waiting for Buhari to do his double term allowed then run as a southern candidate. Makes more sense.

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Nigeria's President - Donald Duke by Nobody: 6:17am On Feb 28, 2018
Desyner:
I suspect this man is waiting for Buhari to do his two term allowed then run as a southern candidate. Makes more sense.

After Buhari's tenure comes Igbo Presidency.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be Nigeria's President - Donald Duke by DavSagacity(m): 6:19am On Feb 28, 2018
I served in Idanre town in Ondo state. Mehnnn!!!!! Their rocks there and the natural landscape is beautiful. iF them get a Governor like this man, he will turn that place to Obodo oyinbo for Nigeria. he'll fix cable cars to link those gargantuan rocks to each other on top of the Oke Idanre Hills

Oga Donald i wish you well for your Presido Ambition.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Be Nigeria's President - Donald Duke by emmykey0128(m): 6:21am On Feb 28, 2018
There are just two Nigerian politicians I still respect till today, Donald. Duke and buba marwa the former Lagos State military administrator, until anyone of them are given the chance to contest, I ain't voting any shit no more

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Be Nigeria's President - Donald Duke by GeeOh(f): 6:21am On Feb 28, 2018
WHO IS STOPIN U
Re: I Want To Be Nigeria's President - Donald Duke by Desyner: 6:24am On Feb 28, 2018
igbodefender:

After Buhari's tenure comes Igbo Presidency.
Yorubas who invested heavily in APC are backing Donald here.
On which platform will Igbo be launching their candidate(s) sir? Or are you guys planning to negotiate Igbo man into Aso Rock without any political resistance and opposition?
You sound so unrealistic and naive, i suspect you are a pro-Buhari person like sarrki trying to improve the 5% of 2015 in 2019.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Want To Be Nigeria's President - Donald Duke by FIDELITY24(m): 6:27am On Feb 28, 2018
it's so unfortunate that party politics might hinder someone like Donald duke from winning the pdp primary election, but I will gladly Vote for this man rather than Atiku.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be Nigeria's President - Donald Duke by femi4: 6:38am On Feb 28, 2018
That's FIT: Future Impossible Tense
Re: I Want To Be Nigeria's President - Donald Duke by Nobody: 6:49am On Feb 28, 2018
Desyner:
Yorubas who invested heavily in APC are backing Donald here.
On which platform will Igbo be launching their candidate(s) sir? Or are you guys planning to negotiate Igbo man into Aso Rock without any political resistance and opposition?
You sound so unrealistic and naive, i suspect you are a pro-Buhari person like sarrki trying to improve the 5% of 2015 in 2019.

Shuo, see JAMB kweshions na. Make I ask you my own: Did Tinubu tell you he is interested in running for president in 2023?
Re: I Want To Be Nigeria's President - Donald Duke by mrborntodoit: 6:54am On Feb 28, 2018
Oya lets quickly test it here

Click like for Buhari and share for Donald duke

5 Likes 71 Shares

Re: I Want To Be Nigeria's President - Donald Duke by Vikkie14: 7:04am On Feb 28, 2018
Desyner:
I suspect this man is waiting for Buhari to do his two term allowed then run as a southern candidate. Makes more sense.

8 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Nigeria's President - Donald Duke by Lipscomb(m): 7:05am On Feb 28, 2018
cheesy wishful thinking.
Re: I Want To Be Nigeria's President - Donald Duke by Desyner: 7:28am On Feb 28, 2018
igbodefender:

Shuo, see JAMB kweshions na. Make I ask you my own: Did Tinubu tell you he is interested in running for president in 2023?
Stop obssesing.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Nigeria's President - Donald Duke by Nobody: 8:58am On Feb 28, 2018
Desyner:
Stop obssesing.

Stop poking your nose into matters that don't concern you. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Nigeria's President - Donald Duke by nairavsdollars(f): 9:31am On Feb 28, 2018
Oya now, what's stopping you?
Re: I Want To Be Nigeria's President - Donald Duke by NwaAmaikpe: 9:31am On Feb 28, 2018
shocked

I don't know about you, but let it be unequivocally known that I stand with Donald Duke.

67 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Want To Be Nigeria's President - Donald Duke by Moreoffaith(m): 9:32am On Feb 28, 2018
Good one.
Re: I Want To Be Nigeria's President - Donald Duke by forayfleo(m): 9:32am On Feb 28, 2018
Why?
Re: I Want To Be Nigeria's President - Donald Duke by Nobody: 9:32am On Feb 28, 2018
I dey ur back.
Regardless ur party.

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Nigeria's President - Donald Duke by 400billionman: 9:33am On Feb 28, 2018
cool Carry go Papa. Me and my villagers dey your back.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Be Nigeria's President - Donald Duke by Millz404(m): 9:33am On Feb 28, 2018
Show seriousness.... Make we mass people for u

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be Nigeria's President - Donald Duke by Viking007(m): 9:34am On Feb 28, 2018
cool cool I am a huge fan.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Be Nigeria's President - Donald Duke by Pavore9: 9:34am On Feb 28, 2018
The youths on their own steam can get him to Aso rock, if they have the courage to be bold enough to ignore tribe and religion.

#Donald can,if we.....

If there was provision for independent candidancy in our electoral system , APC and PDP will be licking their wounds.

If the intent is to get him to Aso rock, he need not to be nominated by PDP and which is very unlikely, any registered party can be the platform. Emmanuel Macron led an improbable quest, we can push Donald.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Be Nigeria's President - Donald Duke by Rikidony(m): 9:34am On Feb 28, 2018
THEN COME 2019 YOU GAT MY VOTE SIR.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Be Nigeria's President - Donald Duke by lexy2014: 9:35am On Feb 28, 2018
FIDELITY24:
it's so unfortunate that party politics might hinder someone like Donald duke from winning the pdp primary election, but I will gladly Vote for this man rather than Atiku.
u sabi no b small. D same party politics edged him out in 2007. I love d guy. He is in a class above d rest

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Be Nigeria's President - Donald Duke by Ellabae(f): 9:35am On Feb 28, 2018
Ok sir. We have heard u

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Denying Tinubu’s Works In Lagos As Governor Is Plain Hatred — Comedian Seyilaw / Senate Set To Sanction Ndume Over “unparliamentary Comments " / PMB The Only President That Can Whip People With Koboko & They Will Smile- Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.