Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,144 members, 7,849,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:42 AM

Lagosians, See How Much Time You Spend In Traffic In A Single Year! - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagosians, See How Much Time You Spend In Traffic In A Single Year! (19067 Views)

Nigerian Lady Hit By Lebanese Man Driving Against Traffic In Lagos Dies / Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road / Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagosians, See How Much Time You Spend In Traffic In A Single Year! by dammy222(f): 1:04pm On Mar 01, 2018
frenzyduchess:
my sister, una dey try, Infact I am just hoping the job I am working here works out before the offer I have in Lagos, even if the pay is smaller I will stay back here, lagos life is too stressful
It is well my sister
Re: Lagosians, See How Much Time You Spend In Traffic In A Single Year! by Reference(m): 1:15pm On Mar 01, 2018
dammy222:

I know someone that does exactly this. He has to leave his house by 4am and always gets home around 11 pm, sometimes 11:30pm

Then what is the point of having a house. You may as well just adopt the methods of the chinese and ask management to provide a crash pad for workers since that job is your life. And here we are thinking slavery had ended. Lagos is what God had in mind when the cursed the ground because of Adam. '...in tears and sorrow will you eat of it until you return to the ground' (para). God forbid. If that is what it takes to live there, mbok I pass. I want to live well. I have only one life.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians, See How Much Time You Spend In Traffic In A Single Year! by Reference(m): 1:18pm On Mar 01, 2018
dammy222:

Don't be.. You will eventually get used to it if you work in Lagos. As I am typing, I am stuck in traffic. My fault anyways cos I left home pretty late.

You're really suffering oh. So what if nature calls....hmmm...una dey try.
Re: Lagosians, See How Much Time You Spend In Traffic In A Single Year! by Reference(m): 1:27pm On Mar 01, 2018
And when I am back to base I can afford to drive back home for lunch and take a power nap before heading back to the office within the hour. The same house someone in Lagos pays rent to spend only 4 hours a day in. Same four hours he spends in traffic. Mbok how much is the salary disparity in Lagos....abi na dollar dem dey pay. Ha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagosians, See How Much Time You Spend In Traffic In A Single Year! by stainless239(f): 1:53pm On Mar 01, 2018
Its not like I will see job if I go back to Enugu

Abeg let me remain here jare
Re: Lagosians, See How Much Time You Spend In Traffic In A Single Year! by dammy222(f): 2:38pm On Mar 01, 2018
Reference:

You're really suffering oh. So what if nature calls....hmmm...una dey try.
Lol ..you mean while stuck in traffic? You hold till you get to your office

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagosians, See How Much Time You Spend In Traffic In A Single Year! by dammy222(f): 2:40pm On Mar 01, 2018
Reference:

Then what is the point of having a house. You may as well just adopt the methods of the chinese and ask management to provide a crash pad for workers since that job is your life. And here we are thinking slavery had ended. Lagos is what God had in mind when the cursed the ground because of Adam. '...in tears and sorrow will you eat of it until you return to the ground' (para). God forbid. If that is what it takes to live there, mbok I pass. I want to live well. I have only one life.
lol
Re: Lagosians, See How Much Time You Spend In Traffic In A Single Year! by ariesbull: 5:36pm On Mar 01, 2018
I remember when I was working at lekki and living at satellite town...it's very horrible....couldn't see my daughter for a week ..thank Lord I didn't break down then

Well, that says are gone now . Running my own firm nicely and waking up around 7.30 am and going home around 4.30 ...having rest of mind and peace
Re: Lagosians, See How Much Time You Spend In Traffic In A Single Year! by Alfaab: 5:47pm On Mar 01, 2018
Jakumo:
But for the existence of the international airport in Lagos, I would never set foot in that place for the rest of my entire life, and be glad for that freedom of choice.

I cannot think of a dirtier, smellier, louder, more congested, more polluted, and more spontaneously dangerous city, than Lagos, Nigeria.

I would sooner occupy a grass hut located in a deep forest, for a whole year, with no phone, no electricity and only the food I can kill, than to spend one single day trapped inside a mansion built ANYWHERE in that place called Lagos.

I wouldn't stay a week in Lagos, even if someone offered me a million euros to take that challenge, unless of course the money was paid in advance, in which case I would take the cash and vanish into the cosmos, never to be seen again.

I could go on, but suffice to say, my loathing for Lagos Nigeria, runs very, very deep indeed.

Mmm
Re: Lagosians, See How Much Time You Spend In Traffic In A Single Year! by Copiousworld: 6:37pm On Mar 01, 2018
Jakumo:
But for the existence of the international airport in Lagos, I would never set foot in that place for the rest of my entire life, and be glad for that freedom of choice.

I cannot think of a dirtier, smellier, louder, more congested, more polluted, and more spontaneously dangerous city, than Lagos, Nigeria.

I would sooner occupy a grass hut located in a deep forest, for a whole year, with no phone, no electricity and only the food I can kill, than to spend one single day trapped inside a mansion built ANYWHERE in that place called Lagos.

I wouldn't stay a week in Lagos, even if someone offered me a million euros to take that challenge, unless of course the money was paid in advance, in which case I would take the cash and vanish into the cosmos, never to be seen again.

I could go on, but suffice to say, my loathing for Lagos Nigeria, runs very, very deep indeed.

Only primitive and less industrious people will feel and think this way. Several millions of people living in Lagos know why they are there and they can never live in other less cities. Weather you like it not Lagos remain the best city to live in Nigeria. There is none like it and none compared to it. Mega cities around the world like New York, Beijing, Tokyo ETC do experience same commute issues like Lagos. The hours you spend on the road doesn't matter it is your achievements that counts. Air crews who fly from Dubai or Qatar to U.S spend 16hrs of their day in a Cabin (Airplane) and they do these several times a week...So pls leave Lagos alone and keep your bush. Tell the Governor of your bush to build airport there so you can fly directly from there and don't have to come to Lagos
Re: Lagosians, See How Much Time You Spend In Traffic In A Single Year! by 77up(m): 7:13pm On Mar 01, 2018
stephen109:
I ask 4 God’s BRAIN 2 DRAIN away d
RAIN of PAIN in your life &
fall RAIN of GAIN on u so dt what u OBTAIN &
ORDAIN 2 be will not turn into VAIN.
Hv a wonderful March
nice one bro , forgive me I don steal am go my fb sapsap o grin
Re: Lagosians, See How Much Time You Spend In Traffic In A Single Year! by Ayoolu(m): 8:32pm On Mar 01, 2018
Bad bad memories of when I was living in Ijanikin and working at Costain. Usually leave home by 4.30am to avoid being late. One day, there was heavy rainfall and I got home by 1.30am. By the time, the alarm went off at 4.00am, yours truly just switched it off and went back to sleep. I finally woke up by 2.00pm too late to go to work.

It was that day I decided to rent another place close to the office. My productivity was low in the office. I was perpetually tired.

My advise is stay close to your office if you can afford it.
Re: Lagosians, See How Much Time You Spend In Traffic In A Single Year! by stephen109(m): 9:12pm On Mar 01, 2018
77up:
nice one bro , forgive me I don steal am go my fb sapsap o grin
no p...one love
Re: Lagosians, See How Much Time You Spend In Traffic In A Single Year! by Reference(m): 9:52pm On Mar 01, 2018
Wrong post.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Create Problems In Goa, India: India Minister Dilip Parulekar / Okada Rider Dies, Two Passengers Sustain Injuries In Ogun Road Crash / For Nigerian Illegals In The Netherlands, It Is A Tough And Risky Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.