Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

"Worst South-East Governor", Okorocha's Chief Press Secretary Reacts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Worst South-East Governor", Okorocha's Chief Press Secretary Reacts (23669 Views)

Regional Security: Outcome Of South-East Governor's Meeting Held Today In Enugu / Wife Tears South-East Governor Shirt In Public For Inviting Mistress - TheYesng / If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Worst South-East Governor", Okorocha's Chief Press Secretary Reacts by OrientDailyNews: 12:54pm On Feb 28, 2018
By Praise Necherem

Governor Owelle Rochas Okorocha of Imo State yesterday came down heavily on a Coalition of Human Rights and Good Governance organisations in the South East geopolitical zone for tagging him the worst governor ever produced in the entire region.

The group, comprising 17 civil society organisations, passed the verdict in a paper presented in Onitsha, Anambra State, titled, “The best and the worst in south east Nigeria: A comprehensive review of good governance in the geopolitical zone dating to the Second Republic among other burning national issue.”

The governor, through his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Sam Onwuemeodo, described the CSOs as faceless persons.

Okorocha said he had no time to join issues with persons with no identity, adding that any attempt to reply them would lead to their shame.

“We won’t reply faceless persons. When you publish what they said about us, we shall reply them as appropriately and I want to assure you they would bury their faces in shame in the end,” he said.

The leader of the coalition and chairman, board of trustees of International Society for Civil Liberties and the Rule of Law, Mr. Emeka Umeagbalasi, in a 22-page paper, described Okoracha’s administration as an unmitigated disaster and a disgrace to the south east.

He said from all indices of good governance, using the MO Ibrahim model in leadership, Okorocha was a failure.

Umeagbalasi, who generally scored the governors of the South East low in good governance, maintained that charismatic leadership had eluded the zone since after the Second Republic.

According to him, Abia State was next to Imo in producing serially bad governors. “Within the zone, Chief RochasOkorocha of Imo State stood out as the worst serving governor, while Dr. ChinwokeMbadinuju of Anambra State (1999-2003) Chief Orji Uzor Kalu and his successor Chief Theodore Orji of Abia State belonged to worst past governors,” he added.

The CSOs, who called on the governors of the geopolitical zone to wake up to their responsibilities,decried what they called “the near total, if not total collapse of good governance and visionary leadership in the South East zone”.

They observed that part of what aided bad leadership in the zone was “the legislatures which abdicated their roles of checkmating the executives for good governance and concentrating on cornering public funds to buy movable and immovable investments”.

The paper partly read,” South East governors should be proactive and efficient in strengthening the internal and external security of the zone against well-oiled and coordinated widespread violent attacks against Christian population and their churches by the terror Fulani herdsmen.

“The governors must stop supporting measures that are against Igbo interest such as cattle colonies and insisting in making inputs into security arrangement in the region.

“The governors should ensure that the zone gets its share of federal resources, appointments and infrastructural developments and that South East is factored into the new national railways policy as well as comprehensive reconstruction of all federal roads in the zone.

“The zone needs a standard international sea port and bridge linking Ogwu-ikpele in Ogbaru local council of Anambra and Ndoni in Rivers State.”

https://orientdailynews.com.ng/news/okorocha-attacks-csos-rating-worst/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Worst South-East Governor", Okorocha's Chief Press Secretary Reacts by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 12:58pm On Feb 28, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: "Worst South-East Governor", Okorocha's Chief Press Secretary Reacts by chinjo(m): 1:01pm On Feb 28, 2018
I disagree with them on this. He is the worst in the entire country and not the region.

292 Likes 20 Shares

Re: "Worst South-East Governor", Okorocha's Chief Press Secretary Reacts by gidgiddy: 1:05pm On Feb 28, 2018
Akpuo la gi?

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Worst South-East Governor", Okorocha's Chief Press Secretary Reacts by ERockson: 1:09pm On Feb 28, 2018
Okorocha is a psycho and nothing more

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Worst South-East Governor", Okorocha's Chief Press Secretary Reacts by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 28, 2018
Okorocha knows nothing about governance. He is only insatiably greedy, seeking nothing more but to enrich his family with the wealth and lands of imo state.
To make matters worse, he wants to install that dunce called Uche Nwosu because he married his daughter. A young man who at the age of 36 in 2011 has no job nor business, a young man so dull that he failed so woefully the employment test for recruitment into imo state civil service in 2010. Fool begets fools.

100 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "Worst South-East Governor", Okorocha's Chief Press Secretary Reacts by Joephat(m): 1:16pm On Feb 28, 2018
The worst in this Cow-Try

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Worst South-East Governor", Okorocha's Chief Press Secretary Reacts by dunkem21(m): 1:19pm On Feb 28, 2018
chinjo:
I disagree with them on this. He is the worst in the entire country and not the region.

I concur wholeheartedly cheesy

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Worst South-East Governor", Okorocha's Chief Press Secretary Reacts by kcmichael: 2:07pm On Feb 28, 2018
Okorocha don't mind them,they even did more than this to pmb in 2015 yet pmb won .okorocha win surely win IMO west senatorial election and become our senate president and finally president in 2023.hatets will die of hpb.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Worst South-East Governor", Okorocha's Chief Press Secretary Reacts by Ballmer: 2:22pm On Feb 28, 2018
If Okorocha the only governor in the entire federation to initiate free education in primary school, secondary school up to the university is the worse governor, I wonder what those that can not fund n pay common primary n secondary school teachers salaries should be called.

To the deluded PDP / Ipob memeber that will claim Okorocha policies lacks one thing or the other with Imo state tertiary institutions please come tell me a single police instituted by your PDP that does not have it’s one flaws.

I might not be from Imo state and Okorocha’s visions might be running him mad with building status here and there but I can confidently tell you from every basis of empirical facts or logic that after Obiano no other governor in the entire SE of Nigeria come close to Okorocha chikena.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Worst South-East Governor", Okorocha's Chief Press Secretary Reacts by Nobody: 3:20pm On Feb 28, 2018
The group didn't do their research very well.Okorocha is the worstest governor in Nigeria.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Worst South-East Governor", Okorocha's Chief Press Secretary Reacts by davibid: 3:20pm On Feb 28, 2018
What do you expect from a statulogist

grin

Keep reacting someday mixtures might go wrong and some Nigerians might get burnt for overreacting

grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Worst South-East Governor", Okorocha's Chief Press Secretary Reacts by NwaNimo1(m): 3:20pm On Feb 28, 2018
Not sure what people expected from the Hausa hybrid.....

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Worst South-East Governor", Okorocha's Chief Press Secretary Reacts by Buhari2019: 3:20pm On Feb 28, 2018
Rochas remain the best governor in south East, development wise. Quote me anywhere.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Worst South-East Governor", Okorocha's Chief Press Secretary Reacts by ZombieBuster: 3:20pm On Feb 28, 2018
There is no defense to mediocrity

Roaches has failed woefully

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Worst South-East Governor", Okorocha's Chief Press Secretary Reacts by phayvoursky(m): 3:21pm On Feb 28, 2018
NOT ALL THAT GLITTER IS GOLD.

I REMEMBER HOW THE WHOLE OF IMO STATE VOTED OUT IKEDI OHAKIM AND VOTED IN OKOROCHA.

WELL OKOROCHA HAS MADE OWERRI BEAUTIFUL BUT WHAT'S BEAUTY WITHOUT BRAIN?

BEAUTIFUL TOWNS WITHOUT GOOD POLICIES IS JUST WASTE OF RESOURCES.

IMO STATE IS BECOMING A FAMILY BUSINESS ALL THANKS TO THOSE WHO THOUGHT OKOROCHA WAS GOLDEN.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Worst South-East Governor", Okorocha's Chief Press Secretary Reacts by ZombieBuster: 3:22pm On Feb 28, 2018
Buhari2019:
Rochas remain the best governor in south East, development wise. Quote me anywhere.

There was a report about a runaway daura cow
Now I believe sad

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Worst South-East Governor", Okorocha's Chief Press Secretary Reacts by Skepticus: 3:23pm On Feb 28, 2018
Ballmer:
If Okorocha the only governor in the entire federation to initiate free education in primary school, secondary school up to the university is the worse governor, I wonder what those that can not fund n pay common primary n secondary school teachers salaries should be called.

To the deluded PDP / Ipob memeber that will claim Okorocha policies lacks one thing or the other with Imo state tertiary institutions please come tell me a single police instituted by your PDP that does not have it’s one flaws.

I might not be from Imo state and Okorocha’s visions might be running him mad with building status here and there but I can confidently tell you from every basis of empirical facts or logic that after Obiano no other governor in the entire SE of Nigeria come close to Okorocha chikena.

Akuko! undecided

10 Likes

Re: "Worst South-East Governor", Okorocha's Chief Press Secretary Reacts by BIGTinfotech: 3:23pm On Feb 28, 2018
Serves him right. tongue
Re: "Worst South-East Governor", Okorocha's Chief Press Secretary Reacts by biggy26: 3:24pm On Feb 28, 2018
What was Rochas thinking before? I trip for this man o. They should lie? No be everybody be praise singer o.
Re: "Worst South-East Governor", Okorocha's Chief Press Secretary Reacts by Nenejeje(f): 3:24pm On Feb 28, 2018
kcmichael:
Okorocha don't mind them,they even did more than this to pmb in 2015 yet pmb won .okorocha win surely win IMO west senatorial election and become our senate president and finally president in 2023.hatets will die of hpb.

I just shake head for some of you

2 Likes

Re: "Worst South-East Governor", Okorocha's Chief Press Secretary Reacts by ZombieBuster: 3:24pm On Feb 28, 2018
Ballmer:

After the rants
You still admitted that you aren't from Imo

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Worst South-East Governor", Okorocha's Chief Press Secretary Reacts by okokobioko7210(m): 3:24pm On Feb 28, 2018
OrientDailyNews:

https://orientdailynews.com.ng/news/okorocha-attacks-csos-rating-worst/

Someone that runs a family business as a government. Every cabinet member is a relative or distant relative.

But which is the best South East state Enugu still rocks in term of good governance and economic policies.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Worst South-East Governor", Okorocha's Chief Press Secretary Reacts by IMASTEX: 3:24pm On Feb 28, 2018
chinjo:
Re: "Worst South-East Governor", Okorocha's Chief Press Secretary Reacts by Nobody: 3:25pm On Feb 28, 2018
Uppercut tins.....
Re: "Worst South-East Governor", Okorocha's Chief Press Secretary Reacts by afbstrategies: 3:25pm On Feb 28, 2018
Dumb to call people who gathered openly 'faceless' cheesy

3 Likes

Re: "Worst South-East Governor", Okorocha's Chief Press Secretary Reacts by Atouke: 3:25pm On Feb 28, 2018
shocked
Re: "Worst South-East Governor", Okorocha's Chief Press Secretary Reacts by Atouke: 3:26pm On Feb 28, 2018
how market

1 Like

Re: "Worst South-East Governor", Okorocha's Chief Press Secretary Reacts by DWJOBScom(m): 3:26pm On Feb 28, 2018
chinjo:

You couldn't have said it any better!

He's too greedy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Worst South-East Governor", Okorocha's Chief Press Secretary Reacts by chuksjuve(m): 3:26pm On Feb 28, 2018
Ballmer:

You are not from Imo state and you are defending him like you know live in Imo state ..

Those who gave the verdict are from imo state..

How do you juxtapose that?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Worst South-East Governor", Okorocha's Chief Press Secretary Reacts by castrol180(m): 3:27pm On Feb 28, 2018
Okorocha king of the flat headies...
Re: "Worst South-East Governor", Okorocha's Chief Press Secretary Reacts by Ikegagwuha: 3:27pm On Feb 28, 2018
What do you expect from press secretary to Chief Statue moulder

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sowore Takes His Presidential Campaign To Femi Kuti's Birthday(pics) / Fayose, Please Repair My Bus - Driver Involved In Accident With Ex-govenor / Did Peter Obi Actually Break The Law?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.