Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,887 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

Should Inter-tribal Marriages Be Encouraged? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Should Inter-tribal Marriages Be Encouraged? (12650 Views)

Poll: Should They?

Yes: 66% (77 votes)
No: 13% (16 votes)
Indifferent: 19% (23 votes)
This poll has ended

Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage / Why We Should Support Tribal Marriages / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Inter-tribal Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Inter-tribal Marriages Be Encouraged? by ezeagu(m): 1:26pm On Jul 02, 2010
onc4all:

My colleague married outside Igbo land and she has warned me never to marry outside my tribe, She is speaking out of experience.

Inter tribal marriage is not for me, NEVER.

Is it that serious? shocked

Anyway "inter-tribal" (I don't even agree with the name sef) marriages aren't going to be encouraged by anyone any time. You know this Nigerians so why do you like lying to yourself?
Re: Should Inter-tribal Marriages Be Encouraged? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 02, 2010
I dont see anything wrong with inter marrying. My church supports it. Guess its more a case of mutual understanding of both parties involved. There will always be challenges in every marriage, red or yellow, black or white.
Re: Should Inter-tribal Marriages Be Encouraged? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 02, 2010
onc4all:

My colleague married outside Igbo land and she has warned me never to marry outside my tribe, She is speaking out of experience.
Inter tribal marriage is not for me, NEVER.

So, the experience of just one person has literally turned you against inter-tribal relationships / marriages? Hasn't it occured to you that a bad choice in partners can result in a marriage break-up, regardless of tribe, even if they're from the same village?

Your vehement stance on the subject is a worry, but no more than I've come to expect from a lot of Nigerians. One of the reasons there's no unity in that country.
Re: Should Inter-tribal Marriages Be Encouraged? by Blazay(m): 11:01pm On Jul 02, 2010
Free world. Happiness is where you find it.
Personally, I cannot get married to anyone outside my mother's or father's ethnic group.
Thank God it worked out that way. cool
Goodluck to all.
Re: Should Inter-tribal Marriages Be Encouraged? by udezue(m): 4:23am On Jul 03, 2010
Ezeuche,
Evidently @ "Nsido mfinna mfo Udezue?   Oh I forgot u no hear nor speak Ibibio."

My Ibibio is rusty but I'm still learning. "Iden mfo?" Is "how are you?" I can't remember what Nsido means. Now translate am n Igbo for me or I'll just ask my friend.
Re: Should Inter-tribal Marriages Be Encouraged? by idifu(m): 7:16pm On Jul 03, 2010
there is nothing wrong in inter-tribal marriages, love does not have borders
Re: Should Inter-tribal Marriages Be Encouraged? by udezue(m): 5:39pm On Jul 04, 2010
EzeUchea,
Ibaha man. Now answer my question.
Re: Should Inter-tribal Marriages Be Encouraged? by johndavid1(m): 7:51pm On Jul 04, 2010
why do most girls cant get married to a calabar man? grin grin grin
Re: Should Inter-tribal Marriages Be Encouraged? by teric(m): 9:44pm On Jul 07, 2010
Inter-tribal Marriages should be Encouraged. cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Should Inter-tribal Marriages Be Encouraged? by ice234: 1:38am On Jul 09, 2010
i should be promote for peace purposes
Re: Should Inter-tribal Marriages Be Encouraged? by Ybutterfly: 2:09pm On Sep 20, 2011
^^^^^^well in Nigeria with the Yoruba's no, other tribes can do whatever they want
Re: Should Inter-tribal Marriages Be Encouraged? by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:47pm On Sep 20, 2011
being[b] modern [/b] doesn’t mean you marry outside your tribe. Enough of this stupidity. We are a proud people with a proud culture and heritage. Intertribal marriage will destroy all that and our identity and way of life. We wont be known for anything then. We wont be any different form the hybrid AA’s. we will be referred to as a mixed race people. We will have new diseases like AIDS (which is recent). what is with this slave mentality. why are we doing everything that the west does Next, when the west start encourage gay marriages, we will all start trying to copy them, because it make us more modern and[i] cool[/i].Also, No tourism. No worldwide recognition. if you want to be modern, then be modern in other ways like science and technology, creating jobs, infrastructure, good governance, etc. intermarriage does not make you modern. it only shows how little you believe in yourself and in your people and how you have no control over your temptations and desires. in other words. it shows how foolish you are. And not to forget, We will lose all our ancient values, morals and traditional religions. The Gods will abandon us.

[size=64pt]IF YOU THINK YOU ARE COOL BY MARRYING OUTSIDE YOUR TRIBE, THEN YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size] angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ibeyi Talk About Their Yoruba Heritage In A New Interview / The Origin And Etymology Of Assassination / Olori Wuraola Honoured As The Grand Patroness Of Market Women In Idanre LG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.