Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

- - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / - (542 Views)

Buhari’s Government Is 50 Percent PDP Controlled, Says Ali Customs Boss / Muslim Woman Vents Anger On Buhari's Government In Abuja (Video) / "Wike Has Performed Better Than Federal Government In Just Two Years" - Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

- by Nobody: 4:23am On Mar 02, 2018
-
Re: - by topearos(m): 4:35am On Mar 02, 2018
It will be the best.
Re: - by Optional09: 4:46am On Mar 02, 2018
Religion should be ignored by Nigeria government. In some advance countries you can not engage in religious discousion at place of work.

It is not government duties to support travel to Jerusalem or Mecca.

However, religion can not be control or regulated, citizens have right to believe or worship whatever as long as no citizen is uncomfortable by the open practice and should any citizen feels uncomfortable by any religious practice let that individual go to court and receive justice. Based on jurisdiction , comunity ; safety, cleaninness or moral protection

1 Like

Re: - by Samusu(m): 4:47am On Mar 02, 2018
In Nigeria or where Op?
Re: - by Yahayaeze(m): 4:47am On Mar 02, 2018
christianity is nt a religion but FAITH
Re: - by topearos(m): 4:58am On Mar 02, 2018
Optional09:
Religion should be ignored by Nigeria government. In some advance countries you can not engage in religious discousion at place of work.

It is not government duties to support travel to Jerusalem or Mecca.

Well said bro.

The day your identity is know to belong to any religion in China then, you're out of that government job.
Re: - by RZArecta2(m): 5:15am On Mar 02, 2018
Other countries are separating religion from govt, this one is saying religion should be controlled by govt in Nigeria. It sounds eerily like that bill ElRufai wanted to introduce in Kaduna and something tells me op is an APC agent sent to test the waters with this opinion (fly a kite and see if Nigerians will accept it) Op, tell them we said no, they should face the basic task Nigerians elected them for and leave religion alone
Re: - by Blue3k(m): 5:33am On Mar 02, 2018
No leave that nonsense idea I'm China.
Re: - by Blue3k(m): 5:33am On Mar 02, 2018
No leave that nonsense idea in China.
Re: - by Nobody: 10:25am On Mar 02, 2018
-
Re: - by Ubenedictus(m): 10:54pm On Mar 03, 2018
SoulSearching:
Should Religion Be Banned or regulated by government In Nigeria?

Well I know Nigeria is both Muslim and christian. In terms of Nigerian Christianity , should there be only one state controlled denomination , for example , "Nigerian Church of God " and absolutely no other denomination allowed ?
Do you think it will curb religious corruption,denominational bigotry, and hypocritical fanaticism in Nigeria ?

other nationally founded and regulated denominations were : Anglican(Britain) , Catholic (Roman Empire:italy,portugal,spain,greece) , Baptist ,Methodist(American) ,Church of Ethiopia (Ethiopia) , Russian Orthodox (Russia) etc.

Catholic Church isn't Anglican, it is not nationally founded and regulated.
Re: - by Herdsmen: 11:05pm On Mar 03, 2018
This one na better mumu end time reasoning...

Government to control religion....

It's finished...

Re: - by Nobody: 11:45pm On Mar 03, 2018
Re: - by Nobody: 11:47pm On Mar 03, 2018
-
Re: - by Gggg102(m): 11:53pm On Mar 03, 2018
SoulSearching:
the government does not have to have direct control of the church .what I mean is a nationalistic approach to denomination . For example , the Anglican head Bishop may have control of the church ,not the Queen of England , but the Anglican is a nationalistic christian denomination. I think Nigeria should have only one nationalistic denomination and ban the rest . that will help curb corruption .

you know religion was separated from the state for a particular reason.
you should learn why.

this is why history is important

'those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it '.

you are trying to repeat a history that resulted in a lot of bloodshed.
Re: - by Herdsmen: 12:02am On Mar 04, 2018
SoulSearching:
the government does not have to have direct control of the church .what I mean is a nationalistic approach to denomination . For example , the Anglican head Bishop may have control of the church ,not the Queen or prime minister , but the Anglican church is a nationalistic christian denomination. I think Nigeria should have only one nationalistic denomination and ban the rest . that will help curb and regulate corruption in the church .

Bros this na confirm end time reasoning... No worry...
Government and church..

Bros no go dia...
Re: - by Herdsmen: 12:04am On Mar 04, 2018
Religion and government are different world.. and must remain completely detached like

Sky n ground... Never to come close
Re: - by Nobody: 12:08am On Mar 04, 2018
-
Re: - by Gggg102(m): 12:16am On Mar 04, 2018
SoulSearching:
In any case, I think there should be only one denomination in Nigeria. Only one church. if you want to be born again, just join the church instead of starting a new church.

what will happen when there are internal conflicts?
what about groups with irreconcilable doctrines?
will government decide what the church will teach?
how will you stop the government from politicizing such church to promote propaganda when the government is in control of the church?

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Lawmaker Run Away From Question About Insertion Alpha Beta In Land Use Act / Why Can't Buhari Charge Jonathan To Court? / Defend Your Country, Defend Your Territory,Defend Your State!"-TY Danjuma(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.