Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,812 members, 7,827,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Saraki, Kwara's New Law And Its Implication For Our Democratic System - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki, Kwara's New Law And Its Implication For Our Democratic System (12403 Views)

I can’t work with Saraki – Kwara State PDP chairman / Murder Suspects Implicate Saraki, Kwara Governor, Others / Recall Senator Rafiu Ibrahim For Kneeling Before Saraki- Kwara South Unity Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki, Kwara's New Law And Its Implication For Our Democratic System by valentineuwakwe(m): 1:25pm On Mar 02, 2018
people like okorocha, Godswill, and other former state governors in the national assambly todoay will never allow such bills to be passed in their own states houses of assemblies....the law is good...atleast curb the excess of these state governors n help save funds for the state's to pay or involve in other developmental projects
Re: Saraki, Kwara's New Law And Its Implication For Our Democratic System by Robbin7(m): 1:28pm On Mar 02, 2018
It’s never too late to do right!!!
Bravo!!!!
In fact it should be that once they get re-elected or re appointed into any office, they will lose that status forever.
Re: Saraki, Kwara's New Law And Its Implication For Our Democratic System by BABANGBALI: 1:29pm On Mar 02, 2018
Halopy:

Is saraki the only one that has benefited such?
is the first to support it
Re: Saraki, Kwara's New Law And Its Implication For Our Democratic System by Firstpage: 1:31pm On Mar 02, 2018
Halopy:

He influenced it. Shikena

And you know this how?

Are you saying they a bunch of slowpokes that cannot reason for themselves?
Re: Saraki, Kwara's New Law And Its Implication For Our Democratic System by Abeyjide: 1:34pm On Mar 02, 2018
All these politicians taking us for granted must come to an end. after collecting his own pension for 8 good years, saraki funny sha
Re: Saraki, Kwara's New Law And Its Implication For Our Democratic System by dodelight(m): 1:40pm On Mar 02, 2018
abiodunalasa:
So after eating his fill of Pension as Former Governor since 2011
Now he realize the Pension is criminal ? Just before 2019 election ?

Wow... How convenient !
But at least he made the right move. It's better late than never.
Re: Saraki, Kwara's New Law And Its Implication For Our Democratic System by shallysgirl: 1:44pm On Mar 02, 2018
buffalowings4:
All is smokescreen
Just go to ilorin and marvel at the blatant corruption and hoarding of state's wealth for personal use
Signed a bill into law guaranteeing him getting a house after his tenure
Had the govt tear it down as it wasn't to his specification
The house was rebuilt
Then he sold it back to the govt.
Haha

And he just opened a hotel there
Go figure grin grin grin

Wife just opened a clinic too cheesy grin grin grin

We are fvck.ed grin grin
His kid is also being groomed to be the governor
Hear that sometime ago he organized a shopping spree for anyone who was at shoprite for free. grin
Lol
This is Nigeria.
For me, I am always grateful and thankful when Nigerian politicians do the right thing cos If they don't,what can we do but shout and complain. So when they do right I praise them cos they lose we gain.
In Nigeria vote don't really count and people also are still narrow-minded and short sighted that they sell their votes.
Re: Saraki, Kwara's New Law And Its Implication For Our Democratic System by BabbanBura(m): 2:04pm On Mar 02, 2018
Ellabae:
Too long for me to read

Ofcourse important topics as this are not only long but also boring to your irks who only craves for leaching (friendship)
Re: Saraki, Kwara's New Law And Its Implication For Our Democratic System by jackyraw09: 2:10pm On Mar 02, 2018
buffalowings4:
All is smokescreen
Just go to ilorin and marvel at the blatant corruption and hoarding of state's wealth for personal use
Signed a bill into law guaranteeing him getting a house after his tenure
Had the govt tear it down as it wasn't to his specification
The house was rebuilt
Then he sold it back to the govt.
Haha

And he just opened a hotel there
Go figure grin grin grin

Wife just opened a clinic too cheesy grin grin grin

We are fvck.ed grin grin
His kid is also being groomed to be the governor
Hear that sometime ago he organized a shopping spree for anyone who was at shoprite for free. grin
Lol

Hahahah brother you no lie faaa!

Anytime I'm driving around town I just shake my head in Annoyance cuz these people have zero pity for the ilorin emirate.

People are 40years backward over there in kwara. It's an eyesore I swear

1 Like

Re: Saraki, Kwara's New Law And Its Implication For Our Democratic System by Ellabae(f): 2:46pm On Mar 02, 2018
kay7:

If na two or three hours movie, you will watch.
!!!
yes like Korea movies
Re: Saraki, Kwara's New Law And Its Implication For Our Democratic System by Ellabae(f): 2:47pm On Mar 02, 2018
BabbanBura:

Ofcourse important topics as this are not only long but also boring to your irks who only craves for leaching (friendship)
Bros calm down Abeg
Re: Saraki, Kwara's New Law And Its Implication For Our Democratic System by musa7m(m): 2:54pm On Mar 02, 2018
lekahm:

Why is everyone aattributing it to Saraki!

He has always been a beneficiary, Or is it because he is nw enjoying Federal Cash.

Another arguments is that: They will loot more since, no more luxury pension for them!
why you can't read and understand?...This is what the new bill says; former governors and deputy governors, who after leaving office, went further to hold a political or public office, automatically lose all pension accrued to them as former governor and deputy from their state for an long as they remain in such public or political office. This is a big step towards building strong Democratic system we've been yearning for in Nigeria.
Re: Saraki, Kwara's New Law And Its Implication For Our Democratic System by Cadec007(m): 3:01pm On Mar 02, 2018
Ellabae:
yes like Korea movies
you watch korean movies?
Re: Saraki, Kwara's New Law And Its Implication For Our Democratic System by emsheddy(m): 3:02pm On Mar 02, 2018
Every state should embrace this. Next should be drastic reduction in salary of Senators and Reps. I know say that one go hard!!!
Re: Saraki, Kwara's New Law And Its Implication For Our Democratic System by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 02, 2018
what brings Saraki in this case, is he the governor of the state. the media needs to work on their information
Re: Saraki, Kwara's New Law And Its Implication For Our Democratic System by sabidey: 3:10pm On Mar 02, 2018
Firstpage:
It's a step in the right direction.

But I don't get why his name is being mentioned here. Is he a part of the state assembly that passed the law?
or is he the incumbent governor? ....Nigerian reporters are too local
Re: Saraki, Kwara's New Law And Its Implication For Our Democratic System by 1k001(m): 3:11pm On Mar 02, 2018
jadesoletee:
By Olusola Adeniyi

Some have also argued that it is not out of place for those who have served diligently to be rewarded while they rest,...

Yes it is out of place to give rich people huge pensions in a country where millions of people live on nothing.

Those that have served diligently in political positions should earn a standard pension at best. I favour no pension as we can't afford this continued unsustainable growth in dead recurrent expenditure while people starve daily. Public office is for service and we should treat it like that.
Re: Saraki, Kwara's New Law And Its Implication For Our Democratic System by Spidermon: 4:01pm On Mar 02, 2018
Suspended.

So once he is out of political office, the governor pension payments will be reactivated. That is if it is really paused in the first place
Re: Saraki, Kwara's New Law And Its Implication For Our Democratic System by Ellabae(f): 4:34pm On Mar 02, 2018
Cadec007:
you watch korean movies?
yes o
Re: Saraki, Kwara's New Law And Its Implication For Our Democratic System by Yankee101: 7:31pm On Mar 02, 2018
He was caught. Not because he is nice. Nigerians forget easily
Re: Saraki, Kwara's New Law And Its Implication For Our Democratic System by Obansy112(m): 8:13pm On Mar 02, 2018
Let him returned all the previous one collected from 2011-2018, before I will start to commend him.
Re: Saraki, Kwara's New Law And Its Implication For Our Democratic System by Cadec007(m): 10:06pm On Mar 02, 2018
Ellabae:
yes o
hmmm, we share the same birthday, we are both man utd fans, now we also love korean movies, what exactly are you?:-|:-|
Re: Saraki, Kwara's New Law And Its Implication For Our Democratic System by Ellabae(f): 11:36pm On Mar 02, 2018
Cadec007:
hmmm, we share the same birthday, we are both man utd fans, now we also love korean movies, what exactly are you?:-|:-|
A Cool friend

1 Like

Re: Saraki, Kwara's New Law And Its Implication For Our Democratic System by Cadec007(m): 11:38pm On Mar 02, 2018
Ellabae:
A Cool friend
ok got that*winks*
Re: Saraki, Kwara's New Law And Its Implication For Our Democratic System by Ellabae(f): 11:42pm On Mar 02, 2018
Cadec007:
ok got that*winks*
Go nd sleep
Re: Saraki, Kwara's New Law And Its Implication For Our Democratic System by Cadec007(m): 11:45pm On Mar 02, 2018
Ellabae:
Go nd sleep
i slept in the day so i am not sleepy right now.....you?
Re: Saraki, Kwara's New Law And Its Implication For Our Democratic System by omoelerin1: 12:10am On Mar 03, 2018
Firstpage:
It's a step in the right direction.

But I don't get why his name is being mentioned here. Is he a part of the state assembly that passed the law?
What are you saying?
The man is the one controlling the state. He was the one that asked the Mr. Gov. to send the said bill to the House of Assembly, while also instructed the lawmakers to pass it.

Do you think they dare pass such a bill, which is not favour him, without his approval? Even they no born Governor well to sponsor that kind thing, not to talk of lawmakers passing it.
Re: Saraki, Kwara's New Law And Its Implication For Our Democratic System by ezigr8(m): 6:12am On Mar 03, 2018
So if Saraki did not hold any political office after 2019 election, the payment then continue from were they stops. Who are they deceiving... LUBBISH!

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Clear About My Objectives For Nigeria- President Buhari / ACF Asks Buhari To Extend Flight Ban To Benue, Taraba, Borno / I Didn't Violate Any Law - Peter Obi On Pandora Paper (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.