Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,545 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Tenure Extension: APC To Hold Fresh NEC Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tenure Extension: APC To Hold Fresh NEC Meeting (12607 Views)

How NSCDC, Immigration, Prison Service Heads ‘secured’ Fresh Tenure Extension / Why Buhari Dumped Oyegun, Rejected NWC Tenure Extension - Daily Independent / BREAKING: Buhari Declares Tenure Extension Of APC Nat. Chairman, Others As Illeg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tenure Extension: APC To Hold Fresh NEC Meeting by anjowaka510(m): 7:26am On Mar 03, 2018
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has fixed another National Executive Council (NEC) meeting for this month to fix the controversies arising from the one-year tenure extension granted the John Oyegun-led National Working Committee (NWC).

Mr Bolaji Abdullahi, national spokesperson of the party and a beneficiary of the extension, confirmed the coming meeting to Saturday Tribune.

The date for the meeting is for President Muhammadu Buhari to fix. As of press time, he had not communicated a definite date to the party leadership.

A party source said the exact date would be dependent on the president’s convenience.

The controversial extension granted Oyegun and his NWC team at Tuesday’s NEC meeting, is generating ripples among party stakeholders who wanted a new national leadership, particularly the South-West wing of the party.

Lagos, Osun and Oyo governors, allies of the national leader of the party, Senator Bola Tinubu were not present at the last NEC meeting.

Senate President, Bukola Saraki was also absent.

He claimed a tight schedule for his absence.

Abdullahi, also confirmed that the coming NEC meeting would be used to fill the lacuna in the extension granted the embattled NWC.

The amendment is expected to read what the NWC members would enjoy from May when their tenure officially ends, and that it is not an extension but acting appointments.

Whoever doesn’t fancy staying longer than May, among them, would be at personal liberty to leave, a party source told Saturday Tribune.

A couple of NWC members had complained of poor funding of the party.

The report of the Nasir el-Rufai panel on restructuring is also on the card for consideration during the meeting.

Governors elected on the platform of the party had joined colleagues in opposition, to agree to state police.

Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, a statutory NEC member of the party, had also spoken on the state police push.

His public stance is taken to be President Buhari’s private endorsement.

The National Assembly and state Houses of Assembly are in the process of rounding off on the proposed amendment to the 1999 constitution (as amended) to reflect constitutional restructuring of the polity.

Amendments made to the party’s constitution which Oyegun NWC had approved, will also be considered at the coming NEC meeting, Abdullahi confirmed.

Nearly all members of the party’s NEC had received electronic copies of the revised constitution for study, ahead of the meeting, Saturday Tribune was told.

Highlights of the revised constitution include; compulsory membership due’s payment with attendant sanctions for defaulters, whittling of governors influence in picking candidates for local government elections, granting of waiver to new members to seek elective positions, strengthening of the office of the chairman of the party, general party discipline, internal democracy, among others.

The party’s spokesperson also confirmed the fixing of dates for governorship primary elections in Ekiti and Osun States.

While the party’s candidate will emerge for Ekiti governorship election on May 5, Osun will have a go at it on July 7.

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) fixed July 14 for Ekiti governorship election and September 22 for the Osun poll.

With the rocky relations between Tinubu and Oyegun, the peace and reconciliation agenda of the party, may have run into a hitch, with Oyegun staying beyond May 2018, a party source has disclosed.

Tinubu signed on leadership change at the top echelon of the party and had publicly engaged the national chairman in war-of-words.

Saturday Tribune gathered that while the party leadership has encouraged those on its trouble-shooting expedition to troubled state chapters, to make their reports available to Tinubu’s peace committee, the move is believed to be pacifist, because the party national leadership, according to senior sources, would end up implementing the peace recommendations.

Despite being a presidential assignment, Saturday Tribune’s checks showed that Buhari would still require the party leadership in Abuja to relate with the state chapters, to implement the peace deal.

A source close to Tinubu disclosed that “the whole thing (peace assignment) now appears like a mockery.

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/tenure-extension-apc-hold-fresh-nec-meeting/

Re: Tenure Extension: APC To Hold Fresh NEC Meeting by Newbiee: 7:44am On Mar 03, 2018
The extension has come to stay.
Buhari till 2023
Re: Tenure Extension: APC To Hold Fresh NEC Meeting by anjowaka510(m): 7:52am On Mar 03, 2018
Newbiee:
The extension has come to stay.
Buhari till 2023
Let wait and see as things unfold

6 Likes

Re: Tenure Extension: APC To Hold Fresh NEC Meeting by ambayomide11: 7:57am On Mar 03, 2018
they can extend the tenure in their party but they can not extend the tenure of Buhari till 2023

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tenure Extension: APC To Hold Fresh NEC Meeting by chuksjuve(m): 8:00am On Mar 03, 2018
Foolishness is when you expect a party that has been / is crises ridden, always fighting amongst themselves and have not held one single national convention for its party since inception to fix a crises prone country like Nigeria ..I don't get it

Much more foolishness is to support this same party come 2019 to fix Nigeria ..This one pass me .

I'm sorry to say Nigerians have been hypnotized and the jazz is real..

I'm out!!!

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tenure Extension: APC To Hold Fresh NEC Meeting by lordsharks(m): 8:02am On Mar 03, 2018
Their palava
Re: Tenure Extension: APC To Hold Fresh NEC Meeting by anjowaka510(m): 8:09am On Mar 03, 2018
ambayomide11:
they can extend the tenure in their party but they can not extend the tenure of Buhari till 2023
Probably
Re: Tenure Extension: APC To Hold Fresh NEC Meeting by IMASTEX: 9:54am On Mar 03, 2018
All that matters is politics. No to developmental talks

3 Likes

Re: Tenure Extension: APC To Hold Fresh NEC Meeting by knightsTempler: 9:57am On Mar 03, 2018
Who kidnapped the d APC hi school girls? The answer is in the question. undecided

8 Likes

Re: Tenure Extension: APC To Hold Fresh NEC Meeting by kokakola: 9:58am On Mar 03, 2018
A meeting that won't CHANGE anything, is that one a Meeting?

8 Likes

Re: Tenure Extension: APC To Hold Fresh NEC Meeting by Badboiz(m): 9:58am On Mar 03, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Tenure Extension: APC To Hold Fresh NEC Meeting by seenga(m): 9:58am On Mar 03, 2018
The text is long I swear.

Looking for where to sell ur itunes and gift cards?
Let's do business!
Re: Tenure Extension: APC To Hold Fresh NEC Meeting by Herdsmen: 10:05am On Mar 03, 2018
Tinubu is a time waster....

Na so dem Play after sariki became S.P.. Till today nothing..

Ship that have sail ten thousand miles can not reverse for a jonzin druggie..

He lost... he lost..

Or the thief wan make people loose for him to be jagaban..

Anything to bury this curse called Apc is most welcome by Nigerians..

9 Likes

Re: Tenure Extension: APC To Hold Fresh NEC Meeting by Peterosky(m): 10:13am On Mar 03, 2018
The only thing that gives me joy about APC is when they are in crisis. I just pray this crisis consume the evil party.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tenure Extension: APC To Hold Fresh NEC Meeting by AntiWailer: 10:40am On Mar 03, 2018
Buhari is not a leader.

U dnt approve extension when grievances were not yet addresssed.

A good politician knows that the Party Chairman must be sacrificed for non Biased person to lead the Party on.

It is just sad all alternatives are filled with armed robbers too.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tenure Extension: APC To Hold Fresh NEC Meeting by honestivo(m): 10:40am On Mar 03, 2018
Pls Sir so many things are falling apart under your leadership, you better do the needful

1 Like

Re: Tenure Extension: APC To Hold Fresh NEC Meeting by swagagolic01(m): 10:50am On Mar 03, 2018
AntiWailer:
Buhari is not a leader.

U dnt approve extension when grievances were not yet addresssed.

It is just sad all alternatives are filled with armed robbers too.

Buhari has never been a ĺeader, he would've sacrificed the chairman, tinubu is stronger than those stupid governors giving hm hope ...

It's a good thing for Nigerians tho, let them destroy themselves

6 Likes

Re: Tenure Extension: APC To Hold Fresh NEC Meeting by DIKEnaWAR: 10:52am On Mar 03, 2018
Why does Tinubu love power so much that it has blinded him to reason? The man is mad and can't think again.

They would only ratify the extension at the NEC, further humiliating Tinubu and his cronies.

To remove Oyegun will open a new chapter in the fight for the soul of APC. It would finally bring Tinubu I n collision with Buhari. Buhari doesn't want to fight Tinubu yet till when he gets a 2nd term. That's why he made sure Oyegun would be there till after elections before he would chase him and Tinubu away from the party. They gave Tinubu the role of reconciliation to keep him busy and make him feel important because it has been seen that the man has a large ego and wants everyone to kow tow to him. APC is not the defunct ACN.

This is the end for the Jagaban. Any party he moves to today will not be comfortable. The Osun and Lagos governors are following him grudgingly. Oyo is only following him because Buhari has refused to let him in because of Adebayo Shit(tu).

Bye to Jagajaga. .. bye bye to Jagaban...

8 Likes

Re: Tenure Extension: APC To Hold Fresh NEC Meeting by Lanre4uonly(m): 10:59am On Mar 03, 2018
Ok. Let's wait and see how it will unfold. Besides, this might be the beginning of the end of the APC if care is not taken.

1 Like

Re: Tenure Extension: APC To Hold Fresh NEC Meeting by anjowaka510(m): 11:04am On Mar 03, 2018
swagagolic01:

Buhari has never been a ĺeader, he would've sacrificed the chairman, tinubu is stronger than those stupid governors giving hm hope ...

U dey mind dem
Re: Tenure Extension: APC To Hold Fresh NEC Meeting by kimjongJezebel: 11:13am On Mar 03, 2018
One wonders why Tinubu, as smart as he is, would allow someone to humiliate him like this. Is it because of money? He already has so why allow these people toss him around like that? How can you appoint someone to reconcile aggrieved party members, hasn't finish his work but you went ahead to extend tenure of party leaders? This defiles logic
Re: Tenure Extension: APC To Hold Fresh NEC Meeting by fergie001: 11:14am On Mar 03, 2018
DIKEnaWAR:
Why does Tinubu love power so much that it has blinded him to reason? The man is mad and can't think again.

They would only ratify the extension at the NEC, further humiliating Tinubu and his cronies.

To remove Oyegun will open a new chapter in the fight for the soul of APC. It would finally bring Tinubu I n collision with Buhari. Buhari doesn't want to fight Tinubu yet till when he gets a 2nd term. That's why he made sure Oyegun would be there till after elections before he would chase him and Tinubu away from the party. They gave Tinubu the role of reconciliation to keep him busy and make him feel important because it has been seen that the man has a large ego and wants everyone to kow tow to him. APC is not the defunct ACN.

This is the end for the Jagaban. Any party he moves to today will not be comfortable. The Osun and Lagos governors are following him grudgingly. Oyo is only following him because Buhari has refused to let him in because of Adebayo Shit(tu).

U Sabi politics,honestly

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tenure Extension: APC To Hold Fresh NEC Meeting by anjowaka510(m): 11:17am On Mar 03, 2018
fergie001:

U Sabi politics,honestly
lolz
Re: Tenure Extension: APC To Hold Fresh NEC Meeting by Adebowale89(m): 11:26am On Mar 03, 2018
APC the only party that had numerous faction within themselves

tinubu disgrace part two is what I'm waiting to watch. a man that change Lagos constitution just for his personal political pursuits. he allow non Yoruba to dominate Lagos political space

he's just a greedy man
Re: Tenure Extension: APC To Hold Fresh NEC Meeting by Daplux4: 11:39am On Mar 03, 2018
Lanre4uonly:
Ok. Let's wait and see how it will unfold. Besides, this might be the beginning of the end of the APC if care is not taken.

I don't think so, APC is a party to beat I pray Northern leaders do the needful because of our unity.
we can't continue with one side appointments and hatred we have seen so far.
Re: Tenure Extension: APC To Hold Fresh NEC Meeting by duwdu: 11:55am On Mar 03, 2018
chuksjuve:
Foolishness is when you expect a party that has been / is crises ridden, always fighting amongst themselves and have not held one single national convention for its party since inception to fix a crises prone country like Nigeria ..I don't get it

Much more foolishness is to support this same party come 2019 to fix Nigeria ..This one pass me .

I'm sorry to say Nigerians have been hypnotized and the jazz is real..

I'm out!!!

Instead of all these lamentations on things that we already know about, I think we should be stating what the genuine alternatives are, or what a successful game plan should be, then mobilize for them. Those who can, should please also contribute.

For me, I think this APC party, for the sake of this country, should please just clean up house and separate the weed from the chaff among themselves. The side whose ideology gains the upper hand and has the recognition of INEC would now go for the election. If it loses, so what...it will just mean our society is not yet ripe for genuine partisan politics!

In which case, we just trod along, and wait for a God-given benevolent dictator - in the guise of a Jerry Rawlings of Ghana - to come clear up the mess. Hopefully, we'll then have an even better "Ghana."

P34c3
Re: Tenure Extension: APC To Hold Fresh NEC Meeting by Okponbibi2014: 12:09pm On Mar 03, 2018
Nigeria is in real trouble. How can a party that lacks capacity to manage its internal crises manage homoguous crises bedevilling Nigeria. APC is afraid of its own shadow yet promising to fixed Nigeria if reelected forgetting in a hurry that it has woefully failed to fulfill the 2015 electioneering promises that hoodwinked the entire nation like jazz to push out the PDP.

To reelect APC is to double our trouble. The era of propaganda has gone for good & the only option left is rigging through INEC.

3 Likes

Re: Tenure Extension: APC To Hold Fresh NEC Meeting by Runaway: 12:25pm On Mar 03, 2018
To decide how to divide the party after their godfather jagabam lost out.

1 Like

Re: Tenure Extension: APC To Hold Fresh NEC Meeting by AntiWailer: 12:39pm On Mar 03, 2018
swagagolic01:

You have insight to Politics compared to all these kids.

You are damnnn right but the bolded is good for me too. They should self destroy, implode and give chance for competent people and generation to take over.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tenure Extension: APC To Hold Fresh NEC Meeting by misgab: 12:42pm On Mar 03, 2018
of course is a mockery. didn't i warn Tinubu that they just want him to have collision course with governors and party leaders. they are just trying to prune his wings
Re: Tenure Extension: APC To Hold Fresh NEC Meeting by macaphan007(m): 1:20pm On Mar 03, 2018
DIKEnaWAR:

Buhari is playing Tinubu,its just simple,keep your friends close and your enemies closer, by making him the HNIC of the reconciliation,they've made him busy and also they would keep an eye on him and also checkmate his moves,I think Tinubu should focus more on Lagos else......

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING!!! Governor Sanwo-olu Signs 2019 Budget / Lai Mohammed: Nigerians Have Better Values Than US, Europeans; Crimes More There / I Approved DSS Raids & Arrest Of Judges - AGF, Malami Abubakar Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.