Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

The Hole In The Wall - Literature (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Hole In The Wall (435658 Views)

The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea / A Short Story - The Wall Between- Haruna Shukurat / lovely new series to read: The Wall Betweeen by Shukura Haruna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hole In The Wall by gabi98(m): 2:41am On Jul 27, 2018
souloho19 should be given an Oscar award

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by paqman: 2:51am On Jul 27, 2018
Deserve some accolades nigga keep it coming keep putting smiles on people's face your suspense alone is even more than Chao Kan chi

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by donteanz(m): 6:14am On Jul 27, 2018
Ogbono Feli Feli Like The Popular Yoruba Movies Advert.
You're Definitely Hot, It So Obvious. Bring The Next Update In Hot, Like Man's Hot. #bigshaq

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Kaycee9242(m): 9:18am On Jul 27, 2018
Souloho u are too much, pls u guys shud go and vote him I just did mine

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Oroolorun(m): 10:01am On Jul 27, 2018
God save Buzz from Alli no joy! the guy might still be useful in future.
when are we hearing from the mysterious journalist?
Shadow is coming and he won't want to make a mistake twice. WHO IS NEXT TO DIE? hope it's Emenike? that means WAR!
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Oroolorun(m): 10:09am On Jul 27, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
paqman:
Ali no joy Martha no joy Rex no joy Oliva no joy Bami no joy Tonye no joy Andy no joy Bigelow no joy
Souloho19 the terror writer paqman the terror reader nairaland the .....
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Oroolorun(m): 10:19am On Jul 27, 2018
[color=#006600][/color][color=#006600]
EkopSparoAyara:
Hope she's got the oranges, I love huge ones
Do you want to buy orange?
Mama Jelili for Oyingbo dey sell big big one o. Big ones sef dey 4 Sabo Yaba roundabout.
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Oroolorun(m): 10:30am On Jul 27, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
souloho19:

The type "larger than the sun" shey? Lemme sharperly hook you up with Fome
Oga Souloho19 abeg don't spoil the small boy o. Na orange fruit he is talking about o. Abi no bi so Eko?

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by wizsolzy(m): 1:01pm On Jul 27, 2018
Oroolorun:
[color=#006600][/color]
Souloho19 the terror writer
paqman the terror reader
nairaland the .....
Nairaland d terror platform and we r d terror commenters grin angry grin

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by explosive04(m): 2:24pm On Jul 27, 2018
I never knw I held my breath till I finshd dat episode...chai!!!

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by paqman: 2:34pm On Jul 27, 2018
Oroolorun:
God save Buzz from Alli no joy! the guy might still be useful in future.
when are we hearing from the mysterious journalist?
Shadow is coming and he won't want to make a mistake twice. WHO IS NEXT TO DIE? hope it's Emenike? that means WAR!
awon terror observer
Re: The Hole In The Wall by ChizzyMaris(f): 4:55pm On Jul 27, 2018
Thanks for the mention souloho19. Death in the air, hope it isn't Emenike, cos Ada would be devastated. Meanwhile, The widows initiative, Shadows, and now The hole? Next update please!
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Oroolorun(m): 5:08pm On Jul 27, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
wizsolzy:
Nairaland d terror platform and we r d terror commenters grin angry grin
Na you talk am no be me o.
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Oroolorun(m): 5:13pm On Jul 27, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
paqman:
awon terror observer
Na you I dey copy o.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by paafin(m): 9:38pm On Jul 27, 2018
Preciousbouy:
where is the op.... Pls don't leave us this hungry for your post..... #feed us more
See this one left his story to shout "feed us more" on another writer's thread.. Quantinu, bros...
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Preciousbouy(m): 9:54pm On Jul 27, 2018
paafin:

See this one left his story to shout "feed us more" on another writer's thread.. Quantinu, bros...
Habaa bros sheybi i don beg una nah
Re: The Hole In The Wall by okeyben10: 1:21am On Jul 28, 2018
Bleeze2:
Is this esiwo
nah pls
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Evold: 12:51pm On Jul 28, 2018
Death is coming to that ka baby
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Preciousbouy(m): 4:20pm On Jul 28, 2018
paafin:

I don upload o go and read
Re: The Hole In The Wall by jalo1(m): 8:33pm On Jul 28, 2018
Am very sure d devil in devil in okirika have been 4 1 stopping me frm reading dis story b4 Tank God I saved d number of d young pastor,just want to commend this story sir u are second to none

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 9:10pm On Jul 28, 2018
Happy weekend fam! Gonna drop something short soon..stay tuned, thanks for reading and Jah bless!

4 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 9:55pm On Jul 28, 2018
Dedicated to
Seunfunmi18 Charminee Bleeze2 okeyben10 phayth Ann2012 Criis joshes Oluwaseunliz princessadeola eberechi24 pinkfeet phoenixchap pinkbae donteanz preciousbouy honourable356(Thanks boss!) IAmkingoludav queenitee cylovee gabi98 helenbee paqman kaycee9242 Oroolorun ekopsparoAyara wizsolzy explosive04 Chizzymaris jalo1 samwobi waacut .....

:::::::::::::::::::::::::

"So Rex, this lady that kidnapped your daughter, she was your ex?" Dagnet asked after a while.

We were heading to the safety deposit box. Emenike had stopped talking and sniffing and after a while he began snoring.

I let the question hang in the air for a while.
The lady.....Fome.....I had seen her in the moonlight at the restaurant and there wasn't any resemblance with my ex fiance but.....the hotel manager had told me and Andy that he had hooked a lady who suffered from extreme burns with a plastic surgeon didn't he? so...

"Hmmmm hmmmm...?" Dagnet made a sound in her throat equivalent to a question mark.

"Yeah.....right now there's no reason to believe otherwise....she was my ex"

"You dumped her?"

"No...she....di-.....I thought she died"

"well.....you moved on awefully fast you know" she said "what....less than a year and you were already engaged?"

"So is that enough reason to kidnap my daughter?" I asked weakly

Dagnet didn't have any answer to that.

I drove in silence, running a red light. There was no use waiting for a traffic light at 3:18am when there was hardly any car in sight. This is Nigeria after all.....

After a while my mind found its way back to Fome. Did I hurt her so bad that she wanted to hurt me like this? that she had shot my wife in both knees and stolen my daughter. Fome wasn't really vio..... I couldn't finish the thought because I remembered at a time I felt like I didn't even know her at all.

But.......
If my memory served me correct (and it had served me some nasty dishes lately) the unfaithful night I had seen the old crooner and Mona whispering in the eatery then followed the old woman then snatched the pringles case I believed held the precious papers. I then found out the papers in the case was the contract the Chief had placed on Fome's head.

So with good intentions and over brimming with chalvary I had set off to the mansion only to find the old crooner killer lady (whom I detested) was in league with Fome and Mona and my dear darling Fome was some kind of cat woman.

Although I bleeped up that night....you can't blame me, everything was happening so fast and I was just trying to stay alive......

The chief was a bad man, on one side.

I was a good.....welll I was a guy on the other side....

Then there was Fome, Mona and the old crooner on one side.

They all wanted something from the Chief but I had gotten in their way and they all died because of me and the Chief got away.

Could the old crooner really be Fome's mother like she had claimed? No impossible....Fome had told me stories about her mother when we were together....

Or.....maybe she was really the mother to that lady claiming to be Fome....
Then that means I was the cause of her mother's death....I mean, that was enough reason to hate me, more than enough...

But still....

I was already having a headache.

"Oh my God.....you've not been hearing a single word I've been saying since have you?" Dagnet barged in on my naked thoughts.

"Whah....what did you say...?" I shook my head

"I said we haven't rested in over 24 hours, I'm feeling quite sleepy....but never mind we are almost there...time to wake up this man"

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

For over an hour agent Sensei Sparrow Ayara thought he had made the wrong choice. He drove around getting more frantic with each passing second. He had definitely felt the pull from the Earth which had prompted him to make the turn but what if he had been wrong. His master Wong always said one had to be careful in making choices, lest what you wanted became what you saw....which was a good thing most times, but in this case.....

He braked hard suddenly then put the gear in R.

He began to reverse slowly.

There! parked in the shadows away from the glaring streetlight was the car. He looked at the bungalow it was parked in front of.
It was dark, the lights were out. He sat still for a long time watching the windows imagining if he was mistaken and if it was all a diversion.

Then he heard the baby cry and one of the lights came on.
He took a deep breath and got down from the car.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Buzz was tired, he had been beaten blue black and blue again. He was traumatized.
He needed medical attention, the pain he felt was just too much!
And yet this beast that had no joy was still dragging him up the stairs.
He hadn't meant to give out the address but what choice did he have?
He didn't want to die yet. His mother was still in the village bragging about her son doing so well in the city.

Now he was going to die. He just knew it. He knew the house was empty.
Oh God.....

"My friend hurry up!" Alli dragged him up the stairs like a sack of garri and Buzz wondered what kind of man he was.
He had to be in his 70s, late 60s at most yet he was still as fit as a brick wall.

They got to the front of the house finally and Alli no joy raised his hand prepared to knock. Then he stopped and left his hand in mid air.

"Do you have a special knock or something?" he whispered harshly

Buzz shook his head. He was secretly saying a prayer for his soul, he wasn't fond of fire and his deeper life mother had given him graphic details of hell when he was much younger.

Alli touched the gate gingerly and it swung open.

He held Buzz infront of him like a shield as he walked slowly to the front door. Alli wasn't armed and he wasn't scared of a gun but it didn't mean he was bullet proof.

There were pots of aloevera lined up the balcony. Alli observed the plants for some seconds then sighed.

He opened the door then pushed Buzz inside, hitting the wall on both sides of the door searching for the light switch.

He already knew no one was at home.

The light came on at last. Buzz was the one who found the switch.

The place was a mess. Someone must have left in a hurry.

Alli no joy began to get red in the face. "Where are they....where is she....you found a way to warn them abi?"

"I swear on my future children I didn't"

Alli observed the full grown man who was quivering like a baby and thought of his next step. He had a good mind to come good on his word and throw the man out the balcony. But something stopped him. He wasn't a cold blooded murderer. He had killed before of course, not once and not twice (shhhhh) but he couldn't just kill a man. Maybe in the heat of the moment but not like this.
Damn! maybe he should really get rid of the no joy in his name for good. Once upon a time he wouldn't think twice.

He was suddenly tired.

He watched Buzz whimpering for some minutes then he sat down and brought out his phone to call his son.

::::::::::::::

Regal Agents Safety Deposits was a two story glass building in a peaceful street. Well not really peaceful since there was a night club on the same street but there was something serene about the interlocked walkways, well trimmed hedges and palm trees.

The neighbourhood definitely belonged to the upper class.

There were Halogen security here and there and I drove slowly, returning the inquisitive stares, looking left and right at the numbering on each house.

"3..........4...........5........here it is....!" I exclaimed

Emenike hadn't given us the wrong address after all. He would be returning to his sister soon enough.

"hey....Emmy.....we're here..." I half turned to look at him in the back seat.

He remained sleeping.

"He refused to wake up since..." Dagnet trailled off and began shaking him roughly "Hey, wake up, wake up.....we're here! wake up..."

He didn't budge.

"I guess he's really stoned out....I wondered when he would reach his limit....sniffing and sniffing all along"

"No......wait... Rex....he's, he's not breathing"

To be continued

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hole In The Wall by mcjesuspikin(m): 10:07pm On Jul 28, 2018
gangaun!!! Emenike don die........ agent sparrow don discover the real hide out... souloho19,u too much joor

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by samwobi(m): 10:35pm On Jul 28, 2018
Ewo, So Emy Want To Die Jst Like That?
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Bleeze2: 10:35pm On Jul 28, 2018
More feathers to ur cap bro
But this is short o
Re: The Hole In The Wall by HelenBee(f): 10:44pm On Jul 28, 2018
It's not yet time for the black sheep to die yet, he should chill a bit.

Thanks souloho19...

4 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by okeyben10: 11:37pm On Jul 28, 2018
abeg no kill emenike

gosh...should chief amunike unleash d full force of his wrath.... there'd b an earthquake.

n his sis is there to report that he'd gone out wt Rex.

emy beta no die o instead kill shadowwalker.

thanks for d update man
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Oroolorun(m): 11:55pm On Jul 28, 2018
Thanks Alli for finally getting joy.
Buzz just got a second chance!
Emenike is gone (but not in action) as I thought he would.
Soon come the WAR!
Those who did not buy will pay as the death of Emenike will bring out the devil in his family. WAR!
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Ann2012(f): 12:49am On Jul 29, 2018
See what excess sniffing did to Emenike

Agent Sparrow pls, rescue Emma biko

Souloho19, thanks for d update and dedication, God bless you
Re: The Hole In The Wall by EkopSparoAyara(m): 1:19am On Jul 29, 2018
mcjesuspikin:
gangaun!!! Emenike don die........ agent sparrow don discover the real hide out... souloho19,u too much joor
Badass Agent Sparrow Ayara, too good..
Re: The Hole In The Wall by EkopSparoAyara(m): 1:20am On Jul 29, 2018
Ann2012:
See what excess sniffing did to Emenike
Agent Sparrow pls, rescue Emma biko
Souloho19, thanks for d update and dedication, God bless you
With the help of Souloho, he will...

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by EkopSparoAyara(m): 1:29am On Jul 29, 2018
Eminike, you cannot now now die na...For why??
You have a lot of confessions to make,abeg wake up joor...
Buzz just got lucky, he had better use his brains and be over helpful...
Shadow on the move, he is armed and dangerous... All mercenaries be on standby...
Get well soon Olivia...

Bia,where is the “CAB MAN” ni.... I still don't trust him...

Danger was hanging in the air... Lingering... Waiting for it's unsuspecting prey to devour..

BRAVO SOULOHO...

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (100) (Reply)

Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms / A Man To Call Her Own / SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.