Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Imo Government Reacts To The Attack On Archbishop Obinna During Church Event - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Government Reacts To The Attack On Archbishop Obinna During Church Event (32772 Views)

Rochas Okorocha Leaving Imo Government House In Style (Photos) / Governor Ganduje At Father Mbaka's Church Event In Enugu. Photos / Kano Government Reacts To Video Of Governor Ganduje 'Receiving Bribe' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo Government Reacts To The Attack On Archbishop Obinna During Church Event by wasyouy: 12:23am On Mar 05, 2018
Re: Imo Government Reacts To The Attack On Archbishop Obinna During Church Event by Patng: 12:27am On Mar 05, 2018
I really wonder why every thing is politics in the country.
It is wrong to fight the Bishop, a man of God.
whoever that did that should go and ask for forgiveness of sin from the Bishop.
That Bishop was the God that we human were seeing at that burial, so it is as good as fighting God himself.
Otherwise, he should be able to face the God at the end of the day.
Re: Imo Government Reacts To The Attack On Archbishop Obinna During Church Event by freecocoa(f): 12:35am On Mar 05, 2018
The way Nigerians yell God and rope religion into everything is beyond annoying, yet na them evil pass, mschew, nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Imo Government Reacts To The Attack On Archbishop Obinna During Church Event by Nobody: 2:14am On Mar 05, 2018
DonPiiko:
So governorship is now transmitted by marriage, I will be dissapointed if this Mr Young Man wins the elections. How can one turn his state to a family dynasty
only in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Imo Government Reacts To The Attack On Archbishop Obinna During Church Event by osusuallstars: 3:56am On Mar 05, 2018
imo people , am sorry for una. Okorocha needs a third and fourth term as Governor.Never allow such, Imo needs a governor from a different camp so as to hold okorocha to accountability. he cannot just loot the state treasure and put his son in law (gods child) who can never question any okorocha past to be governor.
Re: Imo Government Reacts To The Attack On Archbishop Obinna During Church Event by texazzpete(m): 5:52am On Mar 05, 2018
sanpipita:
The attack serves AJV Obinna right, if he wants to play politics let him remove his robe and enter the arena, enough of the blackmail he puts up everytime

Abogwara:
The video proves clearly that this is what happened

How long have the two of you worked for the Imo State Govt?

1 Like

Re: Imo Government Reacts To The Attack On Archbishop Obinna During Church Event by TheKingMurphy: 6:22am On Mar 05, 2018
hedonistic:
So this kind of beer parlour 'statement' emanated from the chief press secretary to the governor? In other words, this is the official government response to such a topical matter?

If you're an Imo person reading this, then I'm truly ashamed of you and ashamed for you. What is going on in that state?
. My thoughts exactly. The 7 year olds in my neighborhoood write much better English.�
Re: Imo Government Reacts To The Attack On Archbishop Obinna During Church Event by Nobody: 6:23am On Mar 05, 2018
Nooo this can't be the official Government reply ....Nooo shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Imo Government Reacts To The Attack On Archbishop Obinna During Church Event by WhoRUDeceiving: 6:26am On Mar 05, 2018
Revolution will come soon, and Okorocha and co will be put on trial for the destruction of their papaland.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cfZEY3R6Io
Re: Imo Government Reacts To The Attack On Archbishop Obinna During Church Event by Fortunehunter(m): 6:33am On Mar 05, 2018
The only way Okorocha became IMO Governor few years ago was that Former Governor: Ohakim beat a revend father,

Now the only way Okorocha will leave lmo state government together with his family members through beating and molesting of a Reverend father. All lmos understand this.

IMO government is not a Family Government.

1 Like

Re: Imo Government Reacts To The Attack On Archbishop Obinna During Church Event by jerryfisher(m): 6:51am On Mar 05, 2018
JasonScolari:
Trying to hide your indecent conduct and wrong doings by advertising that slowpoke will not stop us from sending the APC and that moving carcass called Major General Muhammad Buhari back to Daura.

God bless the PDP.

God bless Nyesom Wike

God bless the better South.

God bless Delta State

God bless Chief James Onanefe Ibori.
PDP power to the people
Re: Imo Government Reacts To The Attack On Archbishop Obinna During Church Event by Amadaz(m): 7:13am On Mar 05, 2018
doctokwus:
Not a single address on the alleged attack itself,just an annoying,childish advert of the governor's inlaw.
I just wish Imo people would resist this planned imposition and send that Okorocha to political oblivion.
we would definitely do that God's grace
Re: Imo Government Reacts To The Attack On Archbishop Obinna During Church Event by Mbediogu(m): 7:33am On Mar 05, 2018
Uche Nwosu cannot rule Imo. If such should happen, the voice will be Uche s but the hands will be Rochas. Do Imolites want that? No! Moreover Uche is known only in Douglas house, Ogboko and Nkwerre.
What happens if Uche decides to choose another Okorocha inlaw after his tenure? Being Chief of Staff is an experience in seeing to needs of the governor, not in rulership. Okorocha shoukd go and look for Madumere who can now pick Uche as deputy and prepare him as successor. Uche is too green to fly in a small but very sophisticated state like Imo. Thuggery will be resisted with anti thuggery.

1 Like

Re: Imo Government Reacts To The Attack On Archbishop Obinna During Church Event by Nobody: 7:48am On Mar 05, 2018
jerryfisher:
PDP power to the people
Confirm!

2019 is ours.

1 Like

Re: Imo Government Reacts To The Attack On Archbishop Obinna During Church Event by dozieo(m): 7:50am On Mar 05, 2018
Hotzone:
Instead of support an unknown individual from the camp of adulterated old men for Imo governorship candidate, I rather support this young man Hon Uche Nwosu with a lot of reasons!!!!
My brother if you live in Imo state and understand what these guys have done to the state in the past 7 years, you will be in awe. it was in the house of this particular Uche Nwosu that it was alleged that his house boy made away with the state $5million and nothing happened. The guy has no pedigree only that he became comissioner and a billionaire over night. Please Imo state needs to break free from everything Rochas as his co-travellers believe me. I am from Imo state, I live and work there, nothing tangible is happening there, apart from monumental looting and land grabing by the current government in power.

1 Like

Re: Imo Government Reacts To The Attack On Archbishop Obinna During Church Event by NonsoWow: 8:07am On Mar 05, 2018
Is Imo cursed or is Roaches the cause?

1 Like

Re: Imo Government Reacts To The Attack On Archbishop Obinna During Church Event by oobinna: 8:38am On Mar 05, 2018
This statement is kwasiokored.

quote author=PrettyCrystal post=65561215]Following reports that popular Catholic Archbishop, AJV Obinna was attacked by men loyal to governor Rochas Okorocha's son-in-law, Ugwumba Uche Nwosu at St. Micheals Catholic Church, Ngwoma, Owerri North LGA of Imo State during the burial of Late Mrs Mbata, mother of the Pro-Chancellor of Imo State University, Owerri, Chief Alex Mbata, the Imo state government has released a press statement to that effect.

Read below;

"LINKING UCHE NWOSU WITH THE PURPORTED BEATING OR LYNCHING OR ATTACKING OR HARASSING OF ARCHBISHOP OBINNA"

We have as usual, read on the social media several versions of the purported beating or lynching or attacking or harassing of the Catholic Archbishop of Owerri Diocese, Bishop Anthony Obinna allegedly by hoodlums or thugs or Entraco officials on the fictitious order of Chief Uche Nwosu, Chief of Staff, Government House.

Those behind this latest blackmail said the incident happened at a burial Church Service in a Community at Ngor-Okpala LGA.

We do not intend to bug our audience with lengthy story to show the reason behind this latest blackmail or onslaught until Archibishop Obinna himself talks on this claim.

However, we say this for posterity sake. Imo people, including youths, students, men and women have thrown their unalloyed support behind the youthful Chief of Staff, Uche Nwosu for the 2019 governorship in the State. He has become the subject-matter as long as that issue is concerned, with APC officials and leaders from 24 out of the 27 Local Governments in the State having already endorsed him for the 2019 Imo guber.

Now seeing Uche Nwosu as the guy to beat in the 2019 election, they now think that there is no other way to stop him than through unwarranted blackmail. That is the reason, such a quintessential gentleman and an embodiment of decency should be associated with whatever that transpired at the event in question.

Also note that the issue of being an in-law to Governor Okorocha has refused to fly. So the change in their tactics.

For weeks now, they have flooded the social media with one ugly story or the other against the young man, but to Imo people, such elements are wasting their time. They do not know that when God has said yes to any project nobody can say No.

It should also be recalled that in 2015, in their effort to blackmail Governor Rochas Okorocha out of winning his Second term election they called him names including Alhaji in Government House and Okoro Hausa and when all that had failed, the thugs hired by the PDP and APGA then came and pulled down the Podium meant for guests for the Political debate for the governorship Candidates also organized by the Owerri Catholic Diocese. The same people went wild with the false story that Governor Okorocha told his supporters to pull down the Podium even when he had not arrived the venue of the event. Imo people knew the truth and still went ahead to cast their votes for him enmass.

This time, it is Uche Nwosu because they have seen that he is the man for 2019 with God on our side. And no amount of blackmail or tricks would change the plan of God on the young man to govern the State. It takes someone alive in the things of the Spirit to know that Uche Nwosu is a “Child” of destiny. He has the divine mark. And anyone fighting him is fighting his God. And no one can battle with God.

Finally, in whatever we all do, we should be mindful of the Judgement of God. One day, everybody whether Pastor, Journalist, Bishop and so on, will all appear before the Judgement throne of God. That time, blackmailers and social media won’t be there.

Sam Onwuemeodo

Chief Press Secretary to the Governor

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/03/imo-state-government-reacts-attack-archbishop-church-event.html

See previous thread; https://www.nairaland.com/4379466/archbishop-obinna-attacked-imo-catholic[/quote]
Re: Imo Government Reacts To The Attack On Archbishop Obinna During Church Event by sanpipita(m): 9:03am On Mar 05, 2018
texazzpete:

How long have the two of you worked for the Imo State Govt?

I'm Rochas biggest critic but on this one I stand by him, AJV Obinna should have some self respect if he wants respect, I can tell you what transpired there that lead to this fracas, AJV Obinna started it all, we can't because he is a bishop allow him throw insults at others in a ceremony that's supposed to be devoid of any political undertone
Re: Imo Government Reacts To The Attack On Archbishop Obinna During Church Event by texazzpete(m): 9:09am On Mar 05, 2018
sanpipita:

I'm Rochas biggest critic but on this one I stand by him, AJV Obinna should have some self respect if he wants respect, I can tell you what transpired there that lead to this fracas, AJV Obinna started it all, we can't because he is a bishop allow him throw insults at others in a ceremony that's supposed to be devoid of any political undertone

Since when did criticism or feedback on Government performance turn to 'insult'? Is this a joke? Since when did it become improper for taxpayers to demand for good governance?
Is Imo state properly run?

As a Taxpayer, he has the right to air his opinion on the state of governance without 'political undertone' as you opine.
Re: Imo Government Reacts To The Attack On Archbishop Obinna During Church Event by sanpipita(m): 9:21am On Mar 05, 2018
texazzpete:

Since when did criticism or feedback on Government performance turn to 'insult'? Is this a joke? Since when did it become improper for taxpayers to demand for good governance?
Is Imo state properly run?

As a Taxpayer, he has the right to air his opinion on the state of governance without 'political undertone' as you opine.

I can authoritatively tell you he wasn't criticizing govt but Uche Nwosu guber ambition and personality, AJV Obinna has been criticizing Rochas before now but no attacks, don't you see the reported attack was done by Uche Nwosu supporters? AJV Obinna went personal, he should respect himself and realize there are limits, he was part of people who brought this present plague on Imo people afterall
Re: Imo Government Reacts To The Attack On Archbishop Obinna During Church Event by texazzpete(m): 9:40am On Mar 05, 2018
sanpipita:

I can authoritatively tell you he wasn't criticizing govt but Uche Nwosu guber ambition and personality, AJV Obinna has been criticizing Rochas before now but no attacks, don't you see the reported attack was done by Uche Nwosu supporters? AJV Obinna went personal, he should respect himself and realize there are limits, he was part of people who brought this present plague on Imo people afterall

No. You cannot categorically tell me that because you werent there.

Additionally, you are sadly misguided indeed, to blame voters or those who canvassed for votes for the poor performance of elected leaders.

Either way, the statement from the Imo State Govt speaks volumes indeed.
Re: Imo Government Reacts To The Attack On Archbishop Obinna During Church Event by keneck1: 9:51am On Mar 05, 2018
hedonistic:
So this kind of beer parlour 'statement' emanated from the chief press secretary to the governor? In other words, this is the official government response to such a topical matter?

If you're an Imo person reading this, then I'm truly ashamed of you and ashamed for you. What is going on in that state?
My friend i know your type cryiny more than the bereaved am sure you are from Abia state the worst governed state in nigeria,all you leave Okorocha alone.
Re: Imo Government Reacts To The Attack On Archbishop Obinna During Church Event by keneck1: 9:59am On Mar 05, 2018
Larben:
Tufiakwa, Tufiakwaa, Tufiakwaaa... Ewu!
tufiakwa back to you come out and contest for gomina,Uche Nwosu gomina in waiting go hang yourself.
Re: Imo Government Reacts To The Attack On Archbishop Obinna During Church Event by sanpipita(m): 9:59am On Mar 05, 2018
texazzpete:

No. You cannot categorically tell me that because you werent there.

Additionally, you are sadly misguided indeed, to blame voters or those who canvassed for votes for the poor performance of elected leaders.

Either way, the statement from the Imo State Govt speaks volumes indeed.

I'm not misguided, I have only refused to be emotional about this like you are, nobody has denied any attack happened, issue is what triggered it, the fracas won't have happened if AJV Obinna respected himself, AJV Obinna isnt infallible, let him drop his robe and enter the political arena since he wants to decide who becomes governor or not
Re: Imo Government Reacts To The Attack On Archbishop Obinna During Church Event by keneck1: 10:05am On Mar 05, 2018
JasonScolari:
Trying to hide your indecent conduct and wrong doings go hang yourself mister Buhari will rule naija for 8years and Uche Nwosu is taking over Douglas house i repeat go hang yourself now now

God bless the PDP.

God bless Nyesom Wike

God bless the better South.

God bless Delta State

God bless Chief James Onanefe Ibori.
Re: Imo Government Reacts To The Attack On Archbishop Obinna During Church Event by talk2percy(m): 10:41am On Mar 05, 2018
Rochas okoroawusa is doomed!
Re: Imo Government Reacts To The Attack On Archbishop Obinna During Church Event by keneharry: 6:18pm On Mar 05, 2018
jesse8048:
Advertising the young pretending you're addressing an issue. Everything now is politics.
Couldn't answer the question he was asked

1 Like

Re: Imo Government Reacts To The Attack On Archbishop Obinna During Church Event by Igbodicool(m): 6:56pm On Mar 05, 2018
lonelydora:
I have been waiting for this. So Imo government failed to address the issue instead they were advertising Uche Nwosu?

Okorocha should remember that Ohakim touched God's anointed servant and his political career ended. The earlier he asks for forgiveness, the better for him.
Just shataap where you there when Ohakim molested your so called anointed?
Catholic and propaganda like 5 & 6.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Sacks Usman Gur Mohamme As Managing Director Of TCN / Atiku Abubakar Votes In Adamawa (Photo) / Boko Haram Attacks Gombe Polling Stations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.