Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,868 members, 7,828,093 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" (19014 Views)

The First Time He Took A Cigarette / Is SMOKING A SIN / Is Smoking A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by hazyfm1: 11:32am On Mar 05, 2018
marvin906:

yawwnnnnnn...
is that all you got... cheesy cheesy
another wasted excuse for a human being

@bold: Such a nice way to describe yourself, plus a total waste of 9 avoidable painful months. apologize to her
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by 12submarine(m): 11:33am On Mar 05, 2018
tosinjay:

This is the same position of the bible and why it's a sin. Other than that it's not direct. It's a sin
you are right.
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by DavSagacity(m): 11:35am On Mar 05, 2018
Now am convinced this Devil of a freeze is an Anti-Christ.
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by MKO4ever(m): 11:36am On Mar 05, 2018
medexico:
Smoking is a sin.

Allah condemns it, but not directly. He said "avoid that which is harmful to you"
Did he say smoking? No. But smoking is harmful and if you smoke, you are disobeying Allah and it is a sin.

Sugar causes diabetes
It is very harmful to the body
Can we now say it is a sin to take sugar?
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by Obas101(m): 11:40am On Mar 05, 2018
SIMPLYkush:
Fuckiing Your neighbours wife too is not a sin, The hiv is the sin..
licking lalasticlala ass is not a sin, its just the smell..
Keep smoking till your freezed liver turned heated fried plantain.
You haven't made any sense. What you've said is termed adultery/fornication which your bible tells you is a sin. Smoking is not a sin but a habit that can harm your health. Get the message right. People only criticize it here because it's not in our culture and we perceive it as someone without good upbringing
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by femo86(m): 11:41am On Mar 05, 2018
Smoking is not a sin.....

It is unhealthy to smoke....shikena
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by marvin906(m): 11:42am On Mar 05, 2018
hazyfm1:

@bold: Such a nice way to describe yourself, plus a total waste of 9 avoidable painful months. apologize to her

shocked shocked shocked shocked
your serious..
i have respect for your mom so i wont go that far..
buh she should know that her baby boy..
is no better than a carton of biscuit

Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by somehow: 11:42am On Mar 05, 2018
If you look at it in that context, then we are all killing ourselves as long as you live in Nigeria and inhale our air lol.
xynerise:

Exactly my point

Is smoking not killing oneself?
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by tetula123(m): 11:43am On Mar 05, 2018
medexico:
Smoking is a sin.

Allah condemns it, but not directly. He said "avoid that which is harmful to you"
Did he say smoking? No. But smoking is harmful and if you smoke, you are disobeying Allah and it is a sin.
in other words. fasting is a sin, since it's harmful
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by somehow: 11:46am On Mar 05, 2018
How is fasting harmful? Which organisation said so?
tetula123:
in other words. fasting is a sin, since it's harmful

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:50am On Mar 05, 2018
ellapius:
This man will talk His foolishness out one day. Smoking is a moral sin. It's against moral ethics. The guy is just stupid. Can he permit smoking in his office ?is it not prohibited? Any thing u forbid is a sin around that vicinity. Freeze is just stupid. Let me even ask many people even know this guy before tithe hate speeches of his. Mtcheeeeeew foolish adult.

You're just ranting without substance. What makes smoking a "moral sin". Tell us.

You consider it a sin because it's a cultural taboo, not because it is sinful. The same way many clowns in our culture think women wearing trousers is a sin, even though they don't bat an eyelid when oyinbo chick dey rock trousers.
Smoking is prohibited in many places due to its being a cultural taboo in our own culture (Europeans and Americans smoked a lot in offices until health campaigns saw increasing bans) and because it affects even those who do not wish to smoke and makes you a passive smoker.

And I knew Freeze for a long time as a Cool FM OAP since I was in secondary school and he was pretty good at his job.
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:51am On Mar 05, 2018
somehow:

Starving yourself is not harmful to the body? By which science?

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by RealGucci: 11:54am On Mar 05, 2018
in catholic church
its allowed

immediately after mass wen they are reading announcements ..d white reverend father lights his baazz and smokes at d back. u wee just be hearing d smell of white london.
na dia u go know say rev father dey corner

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by somehow: 11:59am On Mar 05, 2018
Starving and fasting are 2 different things. You should know this or consult your dictionary.
Obi1kenobi:

Starving yourself is not harmful to the body? By which science?
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by alexanderhez: 12:00pm On Mar 05, 2018
Download Android applications for mobile and tablets - apk grail

Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by omojeesu(m): 12:04pm On Mar 05, 2018
EmagNig:
A photo of a man smoking a stick of cigarette immediately after church service in Lekki, Lagos surfaced yesterday and the photo immediately went viral. One of the people that took note of the photo is popular OAP Daddy Freeze.

Immediately after the photo circulated across social media and blogs. It got a lot of reaction from social media users. The smoker was berated by man who rather considers his action as blasphemy and others came to hi defence saying there is no where in the Bible where Christians are advised not to engage in smoking.

One of the people that have come out to defend the unknown guy is Daddy Freeze and according to him, smoking is not to be considered a sin. It is the actions of the pastors that should considered sinful

Read his post on Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf59kd0HuO9/?hl=en&taken-by=daddyfreeze

https://lailasnews.com/smoking-cigarette-unhealthy-not-sinful-daddy-freeze/

Smoking is foolishness. It is self-destruction. It is slow suicide. Sin? I would say 'No'. But, may be it is sin against the body but not against God BUT really I don't know! Only God truly knows.

1 Corinthians 10:31

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or WHATSOEVER YE DO, do all to the glory of God.

Can someone smoke to the glory of God?
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:05pm On Mar 05, 2018
somehow:
Starving and fasting are 2 different things. You should know this or consult your dictionary.

You fast by starving yourself, you clown. The very purpose of fasting is self-deprivation to attain a higher spiritual consciousness. You do that by starving yourself of food, water or both.
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by crafteck(m): 12:06pm On Mar 05, 2018
medexico:
Smoking is a sin.

Five alive has high sugar content, it is harmful, is it a sin to drink 1litre per meal..... Mr i 2 no
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:06pm On Mar 05, 2018
omojeesu:

Smoking is foolishness. It is self-destruction. It is slow suicide. Sin? I would say 'No'. But, may be it is sin against the body but not against God BUT really I don't know! Only God truly knows.

1 Corinthians 10:31

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or WHATSOEVER YE DO, do all to the glory of God.

Can someone smoke to the glory of God?

So, in summary, it is not a sin?

Anything you said about smoking there could be said about bars of chocolate.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by JideAmuGiaka: 12:07pm On Mar 05, 2018
martineverest:
from ur logic,sugar is a sin too

From your logic drinking poison is good too.
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by Slim101(m): 12:08pm On Mar 05, 2018
medexico:
Smoking is a sin.

Do you eat suya or grilled/smoked fish or meat too? Then it's a sin as well cos it causes cancer as much as smoking cigarettes too. Going by your postulation here.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by bloodofthelamb(m): 12:11pm On Mar 05, 2018
To a believer all things are lawful but not all things are beneficial.

Smoking defiles your body and brings you closer to your grave. The desire to puff cigarrette is not from God but from the devil.

My point is: Rule your desire and bring it under the will of God for lustful desire shall not have dominion over a child of God.
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by Nobody: 12:12pm On Mar 05, 2018
If smoking Is a sin because its unhealthy, I wonder what is not a son in this our modern lifestyle. Almost everything we do and prefer are unhealthy.

We consciously eat drink and do unhealthy things day in day out but are judging smokers.
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by somehow: 12:13pm On Mar 05, 2018
Deciding not to eat for a certain period of hours in a day is different from starving yourself for days. I'm done with arguments that lead no where.
Obi1kenobi:

You fast by starving yourself, you clown. The very purpose of fasting is self-deprivation to attain a higher spiritual consciousness. You do that by starving yourself of food, water or both.
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:17pm On Mar 05, 2018
somehow:
Deciding not to eat for a certain period of hours in a day is different from starving yourself for days. I'm done with arguments that lead no where.

Everybody decides not to eat for certain periods of the day. grin Else, we'd be eating like 1000 meals everyday. If that is your interpretation of fasting, then we're all daily fasters and there's nothing like fasting. Keep up with the self-confusion and attempts to play smart with semantics.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by Nobody: 12:17pm On Mar 05, 2018
bloodofthelamb:
To a believer all things are lawful but not all things are beneficial.

Smoking defiles your body and brings you closer to your grave. The desire to puff cigarrette is not from God but from the devil.

My point is: Rule your desire and bring it under the will of God for lustful desire shall not have dominion for a child of God.
Do you drink soft drinks?
Do you eat fast food? Do you eat after 9 pm? Do you take less than 5 fruits a day? Do you take palm oil? Do you eat any food with conservatives?
Do you drive a car or would you want to?

Do you know how unhealthy these things and others are?
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by hazyfm1: 12:40pm On Mar 05, 2018
marvin906:

shocked shocked shocked shocked
your serious..
i have respect for your mom so i wont go that far..
buh she should know that her baby boy..
is no better than a carton of biscuit

Until you apologize to her, stay off my post.
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by tetula123(m): 12:45pm On Mar 05, 2018
somehow:
so not eating for a period of time is healthy to you?
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 05, 2018
Ellabae:
Am confuse on this issue. But I think smoking is a sin
it's awful that this man knows only one side of the truth, - he seems to have forgotten that "whatever is not of faith is sin"

Romans 14 and 15 clearly answers this
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by HolarQD(m): 12:52pm On Mar 05, 2018
medexico:
Smoking is a sin.

Lol sugar is also harmful, so taking sugar is also a sin
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by Lsofdk(m): 12:55pm On Mar 05, 2018
xynerise:
If smoking that can harm you is not a sin then suicide is not a sin as well
How are the both comparable in any way.
I know the angle you're coming from. That smoking which is harmful to one's body, which eventually leads to problem(s) that results in death with time is suicide mission in progress. But I tell you a lot of things people take will eventually lead to problem(s) that will result in death with time.
That being said, Suicide is intentional which makies it a sin, no one smokes with the intention of killing himself/herself.
Re: Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 05, 2018
I always tell people sin has categories, some are not sin but unhealthy behaviors when over done. Thesame mentality Nigerian possess when explaining the Bible is as a result of long dogma of traditional stuff our forefathers practiced.
Some saying taking Marijuana is a sin, u are indirectly saying your God is not perfect same way Deeper life members would accuse other churches of makeups cos they believe God made us perfect.
The thing is too much of everything is bad.
That doest mean all smokers will go to he'll fire.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

. / What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? / Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.