Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,337 members, 7,829,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

How The Nigerian Army Deliberately Let Shekau Escape. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How The Nigerian Army Deliberately Let Shekau Escape. (2833 Views)

Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire / Salary: My Deputy Deliberately Embarrassing Me – Yahaya Bello / Boko Haram: Nigerian Army Speaks On Shekau’s ‘escape’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How The Nigerian Army Deliberately Let Shekau Escape. by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 05, 2018
The ellusive Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau was a hairs breath away from capture. Soldiers were very close to finally capturing him dead or alive, but then he got a helping hand and escaped. By who?

By the Nigerian Army !

In late February 2018, the Nigerian army was carrying out an operation in the Sambisa forest. Surveillance planes spotted Abubakar Shekau and a handful of fighters in a remote camp and vectored ground forces to the location. In less than an hour tanks and armoured vehicles with hundreds of troops from Nigeria and Cameroon were on the move. This was not going to be a cheesy ” catch him alive” operation. The Nigerian army was ready to pummel him and the entire camp to smithering if that was what it will come down to, either way, there was no escape this time for Abubakar Shekau.

They were about 5 kilometres from his base, when they ordered to STOP for FOUR DAYS !!

………….. and then this happened !

See photo of explosion

They were attacked by several cars filled with explosives. Seven soldiers from Nigeria and Cameroon were killed instantly, with dozens more injured. According to a BBC report soldiers, livid with rage could be heard complaining about the order to STOP. Several vehicles were badly damaged and the operation was forced to retreat.

A week later they went to Shekau’s camp, but he was gone.

A member of the vigilante force, whose knowledge of the terrain was valuable to the troops spoke to BBC about the operation. He was with the army when they entered Shekau’s camp

In his word :

Shekau ran away. He left his car, his jacket, his chewing stick and a pistol. I saw them with my own eyes.[/i]

A few days later the Barbarian, Abubakar Shekau released a video. He ridiculed claims by the Nigerian government that the group has been defeated.

Adam, a former Boko Haram fighter who defected from Boko Haram in January, and is now in army custody. He rose to the rank of Commander after seven years with the group, and he was there as the army advanced towards their main camp.

In his words :

There was a serious exchange of gunfire between Boko Haram and the Nigerian army. Many of the insurgents are killed.

How well armed are Boko Haram?
[i]

They are still armed, although most of what they say is propaganda. They put people who are physically fit in their videos, but most of them are suffering.

Though many have defected, he thinks there are between two to three thousand Boko Haram fighters left.

Now anybody who have been following the Nigerian army operations in the Sambisa knows that this is not the first time the Nigerian army blotches fails to make good use of critical intelligence gathered by the air force on the ground. Against this backdrop i think its time the Nigerian Air Force is given the primary role and authority to take out high value targets like Abubakar Shekau. The CH-3 should be armed at all times and rather than relay the information to the army, should have taken out that camp.

Alternatively saturating the camp with artillery fire while soldiers lie in wait for a mop up operation would have been a better tactical approach, giving Boko Haram little warning and no time to escape. It is beyond me why army troops kilometres away were given the task to clear the camp when stand-off weapons could have made minced meat of that camp.

And so again the man with NINE lives escapes again, no thanks to the army’s poor tactical decision and whoever gave he order to Stop the advance and wait for Boko Haram to rig trucks with high explosives to kill seven soldiers before escaping.

There is no iota of doubt in my mind that the end of Boko Haram may not be in the interest of some forces, hence the need to prolong the war for as long as possible. World War II lasted just seven years. The war between the Soviet Union and A-STAN lasted just eight years. The civil war lasted three years. Nigeria meanwhile is entering its 10th year of its war with Boko Haram. This is far from normal and is already the longest war in Nigeria’s history.

https://defensenigeria.com/2018/03/05/how-the-nigerian-army-deliberately-let-shekau-escape/

Re: How The Nigerian Army Deliberately Let Shekau Escape. by chuksjuve(m): 9:06pm On Mar 05, 2018
There was a country indeed !!!

1 Like

Re: How The Nigerian Army Deliberately Let Shekau Escape. by EternalTruths: 9:09pm On Mar 05, 2018
Buhari is Boko Haram and Boko Haram is Buhari.

6 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Deliberately Let Shekau Escape. by ihitenansa: 9:20pm On Mar 05, 2018
,'an attack on bokoharam is an attack on the North'.. bokohhari

7 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Deliberately Let Shekau Escape. by bedspread: 10:27pm On Mar 05, 2018
We need a Jerry Rawlings Treatment in this Country

2 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Deliberately Let Shekau Escape. by Nobody: 10:35pm On Mar 05, 2018
bedspread:
We need a Jerry Rawlings Treatment in this Country

So true !!

4 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Deliberately Let Shekau Escape. by RZArecta2(m): 11:04pm On Mar 05, 2018
Orders from above, you don't expect someone to deliberately kill his family members cool

2 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Deliberately Let Shekau Escape. by FarahAideed: 11:11pm On Mar 05, 2018
its no secret that Boko Haram has many sympathizers n the ranks and file of the Nigerian military and the political class and that has been their core strength and nothing else... We all saw how just 55 mercenaries from executive outcome south Africa almost decimated Boko haram n just two weeks in yobe and borno before Northern elders began to cry foul of Jonathan hiring mercenaries to kill their children and yet over 10thousand Nigeran soldiers deployed in the north east are still not able to bring Boko haram to its knees till date.

Image of rare sighting of executive outcome MRAP column as they pass through a North east town after completely wiping out a popular Boko haram stronghold in minutes.

2 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Deliberately Let Shekau Escape. by ANOWEDGREAT: 11:15pm On Mar 05, 2018
SSGN:
The ellusive Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau was a hairs breath away from capture. Soldiers were very close to finally capturing him dead or alive, but then he got a helping hand and escaped. By who?

By the Nigerian Army !

In late February 2018, the Nigerian army was carrying out an operation in the Sambisa forest. Surveillance planes spotted Abubakar Shekau and a handful of fighters in a remote camp and vectored ground forces to the location. In less than an hour tanks and armoured vehicles with hundreds of troops from Nigeria and Cameroon were on the move. This was not going to be a cheesy ” catch him alive” operation. The Nigerian army was ready to pummel him and the entire camp to smithering if that was what it will come down to, either way, there was no escape this time for Abubakar Shekau.

They were about 5 kilometres from his base, when they ordered to STOP for FOUR DAYS !!

………….. and then this happened !

See photo of explosion

They were attacked by several cars filled with explosives. Seven soldiers from Nigeria and Cameroon were killed instantly, with dozens more injured. According to a BBC report soldiers, livid with rage could be heard complaining about the order to STOP. Several vehicles were badly damaged and the operation was forced to retreat.

A week later they went to Shekau’s camp, but he was gone.

A member of the vigilante force, whose knowledge of the terrain was valuable to the troops spoke to BBC about the operation. He was with the army when they entered Shekau’s camp

In his word :

Shekau ran away. He left his car, his jacket, his chewing stick and a pistol. I saw them with my own eyes.[/i]

A few days later the Barbarian, Abubakar Shekau released a video. He ridiculed claims by the Nigerian government that the group has been defeated.

Adam, a former Boko Haram fighter who defected from Boko Haram in January, and is now in army custody. He rose to the rank of Commander after seven years with the group, and he was there as the army advanced towards their main camp.

In his words :

There was a serious exchange of gunfire between Boko Haram and the Nigerian army. Many of the insurgents are killed.

How well armed are Boko Haram?
[i]

They are still armed, although most of what they say is propaganda. They put people who are physically fit in their videos, but most of them are suffering.

Though many have defected, he thinks there are between two to three thousand Boko Haram fighters left.

Now anybody who have been following the Nigerian army operations in the Sambisa knows that this is not the first time the Nigerian army blotches fails to make good use of critical intelligence gathered by the air force on the ground. Against this backdrop i think its time the Nigerian Air Force is given the primary role and authority to take out high value targets like Abubakar Shekau. The CH-3 should be armed at all times and rather than relay the information to the army, should have taken out that camp.

Alternatively saturating the camp with artillery fire while soldiers lie in wait for a mop up operation would have been a better tactical approach, giving Boko Haram little warning and no time to escape. It is beyond me why army troops kilometres away were given the task to clear the camp when stand-off weapons could have made minced meat of that camp.

And so again the man with NINE lives escapes again, no thanks to the army’s poor tactical decision and whoever gave he order to Stop the advance and wait for Boko Haram to rig trucks with high explosives to kill seven soldiers before escaping.

There is no iota of doubt in my mind that the end of Boko Haram may not be in the interest of some forces, hence the need to prolong the war for as long as possible. World War II lasted just seven years. The war between the Soviet Union and A-STAN lasted just eight years. The civil war lasted three years. Nigeria meanwhile is entering its 10th year of its war with Boko Haram. This is far from normal and is already the longest war in Nigeria’s history.

https://defensenigeria.com/2018/03/05/how-the-nigerian-army-deliberately-let-shekau-escape/

Every sensible human being knows quite well that this bokoharam war is political how can a a whole Nigerian army not be able to defeat a ragtag group for 10yrs now? I only pity the innocent southern soldiers that they keep sending there daily to die for nothing.

2 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Deliberately Let Shekau Escape. by chivic(m): 4:55am On Mar 06, 2018
Who gave the stand down order?He must be very corrupt
Re: How The Nigerian Army Deliberately Let Shekau Escape. by Nobody: 6:27am On Mar 06, 2018
That is why the world is giving up on the so called bokoharam..

Imagine 2 kidnaps same period, same pattern, same scenario, same gender..

1 Like

Re: How The Nigerian Army Deliberately Let Shekau Escape. by aariwa(m): 6:44am On Mar 06, 2018
Boko haram has become a business that the top echelon of the Nigerian army do not want to end because if it ends the billions government is pumping into the war would also end

2 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Deliberately Let Shekau Escape. by aariwa(m): 6:47am On Mar 06, 2018
Buhari has zero control over the Nigerian army

1 Like

Re: How The Nigerian Army Deliberately Let Shekau Escape. by onatisi(m): 7:13am On Mar 06, 2018
This story was aired on BBC and watched worldwide.
This war against Boko Haram is deliberately been prolonged by buhari and his boys by funding bomo Haram under the guise of ransom payments

3 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Deliberately Let Shekau Escape. by progress69: 7:16am On Mar 06, 2018

Ladies and Gentle men,Shekau's name was written on a pistol, jacket, and chewing stick.

This NL don tire me I swear!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The Nigerian Army Deliberately Let Shekau Escape. by Jabioro: 7:32am On Mar 06, 2018
The big mole in our security sytem...is obvious!

2 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Deliberately Let Shekau Escape. by cool318(m): 7:37am On Mar 06, 2018
Heard of this Dirty and saddening news last night. How did Nigeria as a nation become so insensitive to the plights of the young soldiers executiing this war. Are we in a WAR WITHOUT END
Re: How The Nigerian Army Deliberately Let Shekau Escape. by orion7: 7:48am On Mar 06, 2018
w hat a pity

zombies re stupid for supporting maj . gen buhari
Re: How The Nigerian Army Deliberately Let Shekau Escape. by tunjiajayi: 7:59am On Mar 06, 2018
Op
Be careful what you post in the name of journalism.
There's still that man with DSS being made to name his source/ sources.

You are implying that the past and present government are condoning and abetting terror.
Very strong allegation.

The world over, even obj's third force or leg have acknowledged the present government's effort in ridding BH.

I hope you can stand the heat when you are in the kitchen.
You are not so anonymous!

Your source is also suspect.

1 Like

Re: How The Nigerian Army Deliberately Let Shekau Escape. by nkwuocha: 8:24am On Mar 06, 2018
[s]
tunjiajayi:
Op
Be careful what you post in the name of journalism.
There's still that man with DSS being made to name his source/ sources.

You are implying that the past and present government are condoning and abetting terror.
Very strong allegation.

The world over, even obj's third force or leg have acknowledged the present government's effort in ridding BH.

I hope you can stand the heat when you are in the kitchen.
You are not so anonymous!

Your source is also suspect.

[/s]

What is this guy blabbing about?

3 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Deliberately Let Shekau Escape. by usba: 8:27am On Mar 06, 2018
progress69:

Ladies and Gentle men,Shekau's name was written on a pistol, jacket, and chewing stick.

This NL don tire me I swear!

The op used to produce quality thread now he produces gossip tabloid sensation
Re: How The Nigerian Army Deliberately Let Shekau Escape. by tunjiajayi: 8:30am On Mar 06, 2018
nkwuocha:
[s][/s]

What is this guy blabbing about?

As it soothes you, gloat on false information.
Re: How The Nigerian Army Deliberately Let Shekau Escape. by onatisi(m): 8:31am On Mar 06, 2018
usba:

The op used to produce quality thread now he produces gossip tabloid sensation
What are u saying ?
This news was shown on BBC and televised worldwide,if you don't know then go to BBC website and check it out

4 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Deliberately Let Shekau Escape. by nkwuocha: 8:34am On Mar 06, 2018
tunjiajayi:

As it soothes you, gloat on false information.

Shekau is still alive despite billions spent and troops sent to capture him. That's some truth.The NA is culpable.
Re: How The Nigerian Army Deliberately Let Shekau Escape. by nkwuocha: 8:36am On Mar 06, 2018
onatisi:

What are u saying ?
This news was shown on BBC and televised worldwide,if you don't know then go to BBC website and check it out

Ignore that discombobulated idio@t!!!

2 Likes

Re: How The Nigerian Army Deliberately Let Shekau Escape. by tunjiajayi: 8:39am On Mar 06, 2018
nkwuocha:

Shekau is still alive despite billions spent and troops sent to capture him. That's some truth.The NA is culpable.

I didn't Shekau is dead.
I only gave my opinion on the information as posted.
Information and false information are real and hard weapons to forment, incite and program people to a particular objective.
Always validate what you consume objectively, without the taint of sentiments.
Re: How The Nigerian Army Deliberately Let Shekau Escape. by baralatie(m): 8:39am On Mar 06, 2018
onatisi:
This story was aired on BBC and watched worldwide.
This war against Boko Haram is deliberately been prolonged by buhari and his boys by funding bomo Haram under the guise of ransom payments
Re: How The Nigerian Army Deliberately Let Shekau Escape. by baralatie(m): 8:41am On Mar 06, 2018
cool318:
Heard of this Dirty and saddening news last night. How did Nigeria as a nation become so insensitive to the plights of the young soldiers executiing this war. Are we in a WAR WITHOUT END
to some people yes
Re: How The Nigerian Army Deliberately Let Shekau Escape. by onatisi(m): 8:52am On Mar 06, 2018
nkwuocha:

Ignore that discombobulated idio@t!!!
Don't mind them,I don't know how some ppl can just be hereditary stupid to verify news and they just keep supporting a government that is getting innocent ppl killed everyday due to their cluelessness.
I pray that all those supporting this government inepititude will lose loved one to this government stupid actions,then they will feel the pain ppl are facing.
I myself watched this news on BBC and it is even on channelstv and also on YouTube .
All they need to do is just use their brains to search and verify but unfortunately zombies are created with no brains

1 Like

Re: How The Nigerian Army Deliberately Let Shekau Escape. by Bede2u(m): 9:26am On Mar 06, 2018
so true...hausa just dey carry naija dey yeye upanda
Re: How The Nigerian Army Deliberately Let Shekau Escape. by oladeebo: 9:38am On Mar 06, 2018
aariwa:
Boko haram has become a business that the top echelon of the Nigerian army do not want to end because if it ends the billions government is pumping into the war would also end
or to say the world supper power never love it's finish.
Re: How The Nigerian Army Deliberately Let Shekau Escape. by Annie939(f): 9:46am On Mar 06, 2018
am not surprise buhari is boko haram and boko haram is buhari

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Commissioned Eko Atlantic Project In Feb. 2013. Photos / At Last, Governor Fayose Arrives Polling Unit and Votes - BBC / Atiku Is Set To Unleash The Greatest Presidential Campaign In History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.