Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Challenge:Can You Name A Nigerian Politician That Is Not Fantastically Corrupt? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Challenge:Can You Name A Nigerian Politician That Is Not Fantastically Corrupt? (1715 Views)

Politician That Destroyed 10 Boreholes He Constructed After Losing An Election / Has Nigeria Ever Produced A Politician That Was Not Fantastically Corrupt? / ‘SARS Doing Fantastically Well’ — Police Kick Against #endsars Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Challenge:Can You Name A Nigerian Politician That Is Not Fantastically Corrupt? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Mar 06, 2018
I have been looking at the archives since 1960 and can't find a single one.

Re: Challenge:Can You Name A Nigerian Politician That Is Not Fantastically Corrupt? by Thewesterner(m): 6:55pm On Mar 06, 2018
'' For all have sinned''... From this premise, NO ONE
Re: Challenge:Can You Name A Nigerian Politician That Is Not Fantastically Corrupt? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Mar 06, 2018
Thewesterner:
'' For all have sinned''... From this premise, NO ONE
Sad,been stealing from the day we got independence in 1960.
Re: Challenge:Can You Name A Nigerian Politician That Is Not Fantastically Corrupt? by SEMO007(m): 7:02pm On Mar 06, 2018
Buhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Challenge:Can You Name A Nigerian Politician That Is Not Fantastically Corrupt? by pyrex23(m): 7:07pm On Mar 06, 2018
I am coming
Re: Challenge:Can You Name A Nigerian Politician That Is Not Fantastically Corrupt? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 06, 2018
SEMO007:
Buhari

I disagree for the following reason:
1)He reinstated wanted pension thief Abdulrasheed Maina from Dubai
2)He refused to investigate Buratai Dubai mansions
3) Said Abacha never stole
4)Funding of his election came from corrupt politicians
5)His Minister of Interior Dambazau was exposed by Saharareporters for owning a $2 million dollar mansion in America and he did nothing about it
6) Awarded $25 billion dollar NNPC contracts to cronies without the input of the NNPC board.
7)Refused to investigate Rotimi Amaechi and Kayode Fayemi over serious allegations of corruption,despite being indicted by their various state governments for embezzlement and diversion of public funds.

9 Likes

Re: Challenge:Can You Name A Nigerian Politician That Is Not Fantastically Corrupt? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 06, 2018
pyrex23:
I am coming
Re: Challenge:Can You Name A Nigerian Politician That Is Not Fantastically Corrupt? by Built2last: 7:11pm On Mar 06, 2018
SEMO007:
Buhari

Have you heard of the phrase ''aiding and abating'' Buhari traveled to 36 states of the federation in 2015 flying private jets, with retinue of political pundits. Where did he get the money for his campaigns. If he go donations, how did the donors get money. Please pack well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Challenge:Can You Name A Nigerian Politician That Is Not Fantastically Corrupt? by omololu2020(m): 7:11pm On Mar 06, 2018
Chief obafemi awolowo
Re: Challenge:Can You Name A Nigerian Politician That Is Not Fantastically Corrupt? by SEMO007(m): 7:11pm On Mar 06, 2018
dutchking:

I disagree for the following reason:
1)He reinstated wanted pension thief Abdulrasheed Maina from Dubai
2)He refused to investigate Buratai Dubai mansions
3) Said Abacha never stole
4)Funding of elections came from corrupt politicians
5)His Minister of Interior Dambazau was exposed by Saharareporters for owning a $2 million dollar mansion in America and he did nothing about it
6) Awarded $25 billion dollar NNPC contracts to cronies without the input of the NNPC board.

Not Buhari the president oh
I meant buhari a serving councilor in my area

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Challenge:Can You Name A Nigerian Politician That Is Not Fantastically Corrupt? by omololu2020(m): 7:13pm On Mar 06, 2018
SEMO007:
Buhari

buhari borrowed money to buy form for APC,but his daughter was schooling in the UK,his child was flown to Germany for medical treatment

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Challenge:Can You Name A Nigerian Politician That Is Not Fantastically Corrupt? by SEMO007(m): 7:13pm On Mar 06, 2018
Built2last:

Have you heard of the phrase ''aiding and abating'' Buhari traveled to 36 states of the federation in 2015 flying private jets, with retinue of political pundits. Where did he get the money for his campaigns. If he go donations, how did the donors get money. Please pack well.

U don't even know the Buhari am talking about
The Buhari am talking about don't even have a car yet
Meetu abi your uncle Buhari don buy motor?
Re: Challenge:Can You Name A Nigerian Politician That Is Not Fantastically Corrupt? by Jokerman(m): 7:15pm On Mar 06, 2018
Yes... Akpabio, Tinubu, Saraki, Obasanjo and Atiku...
Re: Challenge:Can You Name A Nigerian Politician That Is Not Fantastically Corrupt? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Mar 06, 2018
SEMO007:

Not Buhari the president oh
I meant buhari a serving council in my area

3 Likes

Re: Challenge:Can You Name A Nigerian Politician That Is Not Fantastically Corrupt? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 06, 2018
omololu2020:
Chief obafemi awolowo
Obafemi Awolowo, the first premier of the Western Region, was found guilty of corruption by the Coker Commission in 1962. In 1954, the Western Region Marketing Board had L6.2 million. By May 1962, it had to exist on overdrafts amounting to over L2.5 million. A loan of L6.7 million was made to the National Investment and Properties Co., Ltd. for building projects out of which only L500, 000 was ever re-paid. The Western Region Finance Corporation and the West Nigeria Development Corporation also received loans of millions of pounds, which were never re-paid. The Coker Commission found Awolowo responsible for the all the ills of the Western Region Marketing Board, and Awolowo “without a doubt has failed to adhere to the standards of conduct which are required for persons holding such a post.”
http://stopcorruption-nigeria.com/chronology-of-corruption-in-nigeria.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Challenge:Can You Name A Nigerian Politician That Is Not Fantastically Corrupt? by SEMO007(m): 7:19pm On Mar 06, 2018
dutchking:

Hahahahah
I see u Dutchking
Thumbs up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Challenge:Can You Name A Nigerian Politician That Is Not Fantastically Corrupt? by SEMO007(m): 7:20pm On Mar 06, 2018
dutchking:

Hahahahha
I see u DutchKing
Thumbs Up
Re: Challenge:Can You Name A Nigerian Politician That Is Not Fantastically Corrupt? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 06, 2018
Jokerman:
Yes... Akpabio, Tinubu, Saraki, Obasanjo and Atiku...
Not top ranking thieves,but those who went to public office to serve the public and not embezzle millions to billions of dollars.

2 Likes

Re: Challenge:Can You Name A Nigerian Politician That Is Not Fantastically Corrupt? by omololu2020(m): 7:21pm On Mar 06, 2018
dutchking:

Obafemi Awolowo, the first premier of the Western Region, was found guilty of corruption by the Coker Commission in 1962. In 1954, the Western Region Marketing Board had L6.2 million. By May 1962, it had to exist on overdrafts amounting to over L2.5 million. A loan of L6.7 million was made to the National Investment and Properties Co., Ltd. for building projects out of which only L500, 000 was ever re-paid. The Western Region Finance Corporation and the West Nigeria Development Corporation also received loans of millions of pounds, which were never re-paid. The Coker Commission found Awolowo responsible for the all the ills of the Western Region Marketing Board, and Awolowo “without a doubt has failed to adhere to the standards of conduct which are required for persons holding such a post.”
http://stopcorruption-nigeria.com/chronology-of-corruption-in-nigeria.html
Herbert Macaulay
Re: Challenge:Can You Name A Nigerian Politician That Is Not Fantastically Corrupt? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 06, 2018
SEMO007:

Hahahahha
I see u DutchKing
Thumbs Up
cool

1 Like

Re: Challenge:Can You Name A Nigerian Politician That Is Not Fantastically Corrupt? by orisa37: 7:27pm On Mar 06, 2018
SEMO007:

Not Buhari the president oh I meant buhari a serving councilor in my area

Even the Dog named Buhari is 666!!!

1 Like

Re: Challenge:Can You Name A Nigerian Politician That Is Not Fantastically Corrupt? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 06, 2018
omololu2020:
Herbert Macaulay
You are right,he actually exposed the corruption perpetuated by colonial officers in the railway. But he died before 1960,that was the time when we had strong institutions under the British.
I was referring to politicians that were still alive after we got independence in 1960.

1 Like

Re: Challenge:Can You Name A Nigerian Politician That Is Not Fantastically Corrupt? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 06, 2018
orisa37:

grin
Re: Challenge:Can You Name A Nigerian Politician That Is Not Fantastically Corrupt? by omololu2020(m): 7:33pm On Mar 06, 2018
dutchking:
You are right,he actually exposed the corruption perpetuated by colonial officers in the railway. But he died before 1960,that was the time when we had strong institutions under the British.
I was referring to politicians that were still alive after we got independence in 1960.
Lieutenant colonel adekunle fajuyi
Re: Challenge:Can You Name A Nigerian Politician That Is Not Fantastically Corrupt? by SEMO007(m): 7:35pm On Mar 06, 2018
orisa37:

grin
Re: Challenge:Can You Name A Nigerian Politician That Is Not Fantastically Corrupt? by ipobarecriminals: 7:45pm On Mar 06, 2018
cool Yah Adua.May his soul Rip.
Re: Challenge:Can You Name A Nigerian Politician That Is Not Fantastically Corrupt? by Pavore9: 7:49pm On Mar 06, 2018
Harder than Gulder Ultimate Search.
Re: Challenge:Can You Name A Nigerian Politician That Is Not Fantastically Corrupt? by BlackDBagba: 7:51pm On Mar 06, 2018
Errrr...still thinking undecided
Re: Challenge:Can You Name A Nigerian Politician That Is Not Fantastically Corrupt? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 06, 2018
omololu2020:
Lieutenant colonel adekunle fajuyi
He became a military Governor of the Western Region in January 1966 and was assassinated a few months later in July of the the same years. He wasn't in office long enough for us to know if he was going to be transparent and accountable with Nigerian finances.

1 Like

Re: Challenge:Can You Name A Nigerian Politician That Is Not Fantastically Corrupt? by baralatie(m): 8:08pm On Mar 06, 2018
errrm can I use a lifeline?
Re: Challenge:Can You Name A Nigerian Politician That Is Not Fantastically Corrupt? by gidgiddy: 8:11pm On Mar 06, 2018
dutchking:
I have been looking at the archives since 1960 and can't find a single one.

Former Vice- President Alex Ekwueme. When Alex Ekwueme and his boss, Shagari, were overthrown by Buhari in 1983, a commission was set up to investigate corrupt politicians

The Commission found out that Alex Ekwueme became even poorer while in office.

1 Like

Re: Challenge:Can You Name A Nigerian Politician That Is Not Fantastically Corrupt? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 06, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
cool Yah Adua.May his soul Rip.
Which of them?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fresh Crisis Hits Ekiti State Chapter Of The APC Ahead Of The Gov'ship Election / Nigerians Condemn Saraki’s Ally And Reps Member Razak Atunwa For Addressing PMB / PDP Convention:6:22am Voting Has Ended Now.next Is Sorting Then Counting-pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.