Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,187 members, 7,849,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:05 AM

Ekiti Gov's Wife Vows To Arrest Students Roaming The Streets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Gov's Wife Vows To Arrest Students Roaming The Streets (586 Views)

What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi / Mu’azu Met Tinubu Before Ekiti Gov Poll —fayose / Ekiti Gov Ayo Fayose Replies PDP Chairman Muazu On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Gov's Wife Vows To Arrest Students Roaming The Streets by AloyEmeka5: 12:23am On Apr 29, 2010

Ekiti gov's wife vows to arrest students roaming the streets

Written by Stephen Gbadamosi
Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wife of the Ekiti State governor, Mrs Kemi Oni, has said that she will, henceforth, order the arrest of any girl child of school age found roaming the streets or hawking during school hours.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/apr/28/613.html

Mrs Oni, who promised to be moving around the state with security men during school hours to arrest and prosecute parents of such children, made the vow in a statement signed and made available to journalists by her Special Adviser on Media, Mrs Rolake Adewumi, on Monday.

"The governor's wife, who was on the entourage of the wife of the Acting President, Mrs Patience Jonathan, to the extra-ordinary meeting of first ladies on global advocacy for literacy of women and girls, held in Brussels, Belgium, described girl child education as a veritable tool for freedom from poverty, underachievement and exploitation," the statement read.

Mrs Oni also said girls that were educated would not engage in "risk-taking behaviours" that she said could expose them to HIV/AIDS, adding that they would also be less exposed to human trafficking, domestic violence and other forms of exploitation.

She noted that a high percentage of literate women and girls would show relative increase in productivity, decrease in child mortality and improvement in the lives of citizens, while also lauding the Ekiti State government for its efforts at making education for all achievable.
Re: Ekiti Gov's Wife Vows To Arrest Students Roaming The Streets by AloyEmeka5: 1:11am On Apr 29, 2010
Does a governor's wife have the right to arrest someone?
Re: Ekiti Gov's Wife Vows To Arrest Students Roaming The Streets by Nobody: 1:22am On Apr 29, 2010
This might be a good thing. . . . but I hope she takes action against the parents too.

But this is so unfair to families who cant afford education. . . . I think that's where she [if she has the power] to start before making useless arrests. Find a way to make education affordable.
Re: Ekiti Gov's Wife Vows To Arrest Students Roaming The Streets by mamagee3(f): 1:24am On Apr 29, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Does a governor's wife have the right to arrest someone?
Nowhere but Nigeria, the Giant Of Africa. grin grin
Re: Ekiti Gov's Wife Vows To Arrest Students Roaming The Streets by chic2pimp(m): 1:28am On Apr 29, 2010
EKITI KWENU!!! cool

Only God can save that state sha undecided

(1) (Reply)

El- Rufai Arrives Nigeria / Candidates For Vice President Emerge: Jonathan To Send Nominee To Senate Soon / Lagos Was Bankrupt When I Took Over In 1999, Says Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.