Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,257 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? (2513 Views)

Vikramjeet Singh: Tb Joshua Made Me Convert To Christianity - Indian Sikh / Mohamad Amin Faridi: From Jihad To Jesus #10yearchallenge Of A Christian Convert / Ebonyi State Pastor Converts To Islam, Listen To His Testimony(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by tevinsolt: 6:33am On Mar 08, 2018
Christians believe the bible to be the infallible word of God
Muslims believe the Quran to be the greatest book ever written, and that it is also the infallible word of God.

I would like to open this thread for the intellectuals from these two beliefs system to provide evidence to back the belief about their book being the infallible word of God . For all we know Someone with questions might come across this and decide to look further based on what they get from here.
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by Nutase: 6:52am On Mar 08, 2018
Na world war 3 you wan start ba. Get behind us devil.

2 Likes

Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by whitebeard(m): 6:57am On Mar 08, 2018
It all about the money..(if u know, u know)
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by bewla(m): 7:26am On Mar 08, 2018
warship God tru Islam phrase God try Christianity
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by Thewesterner(m): 7:32am On Mar 08, 2018
Just here to read comments cos it's about to go down

1 Like

Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by tevinsolt: 7:43am On Mar 08, 2018
Like I stated initially, this post is posed to intellectuals who understand what it means to put together a coherent response and post it up without insults but still hitting the nail on its head when needed.
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by enilove(m): 9:04am On Mar 08, 2018
The main reason is lack of knowledge of their christian faith.

There are more baby Christians than we can imagined. A baby Christian knows nothing than to eat and be carried about by the mother . Many Christians are like this , they don't know what Christianity is all about and they hate reading their Bibles. Some view Christianity as a form of Sunday social gathering and some see it as another form of religion to get solutions to their problems.

These kinds of Christians can easily join witchcraft including Islam. That is why the Bible says in :

Hosea 4:6 KJV
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, ........

1 Like

Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by smoy: 9:25am On Mar 08, 2018
tevinsolt:
Christians believe the bible to be the infallible word of God
Muslims, you believe the Quran to be the greatest book ever written, and that it is also the infallible word of God.

I would like to open this thread for the intellectuals from these two beliefs system to provide evidence to back the belief about their book being the infallible word of God . For all we know Someone with questions might come across this and decide to look further based on what they get from here.
Quran 2:21. O people! Worship your Lord who created you and those before you, that you may attain piety.

22. He who made the earth a habitat for you, and the sky a structure, and sends water down from the sky, and brings out fruits thereby, as a sustenance for you. Therefore, do not assign rivals to Allah while you know.

23. And if you are in doubt about what We have revealed to Our servant, then produce a chapter like these, and call your witnesses apart from Allah, if you are truthful.

24. But if you do not—and you will not—then beware the Fire whose fuel is people and stones, prepared for the disbelievers.

6 Likes

Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by tevinsolt: 10:19am On Mar 08, 2018
Christianity predates Islam by a big stretch, If the witnesses when Jesus was on earth wrote their accounts approximately 600 years prior to even the Birth of Muhammad......why should a Christian convert to Islam?

Logically speaking isn't it wise to trust a person's immediate brother or friend's account about that person's life over some distant future relative or non relative?
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by smoy: 12:27pm On Mar 08, 2018
tevinsolt:
Christianity predates Islam by a big stretch, If the witnesses when Jesus was on earth wrote their accounts approximately 600 years prior to even the Birth of Muhammad......why should a Christian convert to Islam?

Logically speaking would you trust your immediate brother's or friends account of your life or some future distance relative or non relative in the distant future?
Adam, Abraham, Noah, Moses, Jesus, Mohammed etc were all Muslim i.e people that submitted to the will of God. Christianity was never a religion of Christ.
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by alBHAGDADI: 5:25pm On Mar 08, 2018
smoy:
Adam, Abraham, Noah, Moses, Jesus, Mohammed etc were all Muslim i.e people that submitted to the will of God. Christianity was never a religion of Christ.

How can those Biblical prophets be Muslims when Allah called Muhammad the first Muslim?

Say (O Muhammad): Lo! I am commanded to worship Allah, making religion pure for Him (only). And I am commanded to be the first of those who are muslims (surrender unto Him). S. 39:11-12 Pickthall

The problem with you Muslims is that you do not read your Quran, you just regurgitate the lies told to you by your shady Imams.

3 Likes

Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by butterflylion: 5:34pm On Mar 08, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

How can those Biblical prophets be Muslims when Allah called Muhammad the first Muslim?

Say (O Muhammad): Lo! I am commanded to worship Allah, making religion pure for Him (only). And I am commanded to be the first of those who are muslims (surrender unto Him). S. 39:11-12 Pickthall

The problem with you Muslims is that you do not read your Quran, you just regurgitate the lies told to you by your shady Imams.

grin grin
This is what i call a K. O (knock out)

1 Like

Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by tevinsolt: 8:34pm On Mar 08, 2018
smoy:

You are dancing around the question by applying a vague term that doesn't apply here.

A Muslim is one who submits to God by definition, but how does that provide evidence for the validity of Islam?

People submit to all various sorts of higher power, by definition they would be Muslims too.

"Submission" isn't evidence for the validity of Islam.

The question is what makes the Quran the infallible word of God, thereby making Islam the right path?
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by shadeyinka(m): 2:42am On Mar 09, 2018
smoy:
You don't know the implication of what you say. It simply means the the Jews you hate and despise so much are the Original Muslims!

History knowledge is suffering you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by smoy: 9:09am On Mar 09, 2018
tevinsolt:

You are dancing around the question by applying a vague term that doesn't apply here.

A Muslim is one who submits to God by definition, but how does that provide evidence for the validity of Islam?

People submit to all various sorts of higher power, by definition they would be Muslims too.

"Submission" isn't evidence for the validity of Islam.

The question is what makes the Quran the infallible word of God, thereby making Islam the right path?
logic, for a person that know nothing before now telling us the stages of human formation in the mothers belly in the desert of the Arabian peninsula of then where no meas of scientific advertisement to study, science has just yesteryear discover this phenomenal.

that is of embryology, and for geography the science just discovered the big bang of the creation of heath and galaxy few years ago but Qur'an has mention this over 1400 years ago.

how could he have know all this if he is the maker of the Qur'an? this can only be know by the creator who know the beginning and end i.e Allah(GOD) and then transmitted to Muhammad as revelations. these are among the miracles of the living witness called the Qur'an.
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by haconjy(m): 9:38am On Mar 09, 2018
enilove:
The main reason is lack of knowledge of their christian faith.

There are more baby Christians than we can imagined. A baby Christian knows nothing than to eat and be carried about by the mother . Many Christians are like this , they don't know what Christianity is all about and they hate reading their Bibles. Some view Christianity as a form of Sunday social gathering and some see it as another form of religion to get solutions to their problems.

These kinds of Christians can easily join witchcraft including Islam. That is why the Bible says in :

Hosea 4:6 KJV
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, ........

Then u also prove to be baby Christian ✝ cause u lack knowledge...
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by enilove(m): 10:31am On Mar 09, 2018
haconjy:

Then u also prove to be baby Christian ✝ cause u lack knowledge...

What knowledge do I lack ? Can you prove it?

I am not only an adult Christian but , by the grace of God , a teacher of the words of God.
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by spongeisback: 10:39am On Mar 09, 2018
Slaves comparing chains.

Slave C: my chain is shiner than yours
Slave M: your's maybe shiner but mine is heavier.

grin grin grin
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by enilove(m): 1:50pm On Mar 09, 2018
spongeisback:
Slaves comparing chains.

grin grin grin

At least some are aware of their chains , what about someone in chains and caged , at the same time unaware of his situations? There is no remedy for such person. The day a mad man realises he is mad , that is the time his madness is over . But a mad man calling sane people "mad people " would remain in his madness till eternity.

If you are not for God , you are for the devil, you cannot be in between.

For sure , a born again Christian is never in chains .
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by chemystery: 4:07pm On Mar 09, 2018
tevinsolt:

Logically speaking isn't it wise to trust a person's immediate brother or friend's account about that person's life over some distant future relative or non relative?
I thought god inspired both? Or you mean the validity of god's revelation is dependent on how earlier the revelation was released by god?
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by tartar9(m): 6:17pm On Mar 09, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Wasnt Muhammad(SAW) the first to be Muslim during his time undecided
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by tartar9(m): 6:21pm On Mar 09, 2018
tevinsolt:

Judaism also predates xtianity,why shud a jew convert to xtianity?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by dalaman: 6:34pm On Mar 09, 2018
Christianity and Islam basically boils down to:

I am right and you are wrong. You'll burn in hell of you disagree.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by samuel19222(m): 6:54pm On Mar 09, 2018
Ok
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by tevinsolt: 9:57pm On Mar 09, 2018
smoy:
logic, for a person that know nothing before now telling us the stages of human formation in the mothers belly in the desert of the Arabian peninsula of then where no meas of scientific advertisement to study, science has just yesteryear discover this phenomenal.

that is of embryology, and for geography the science just discovered the big bang of the creation of heath and galaxy few years ago but Qur'an has mention this over 1400 years ago.

how could he have know all this if he is the maker of the Qur'an? this can only be know by the creator who know the beginning and end i.e Allah(GOD) and then transmitted to Muhammad as revelations. these are among the miracles of the living witness called the Qur'an.

ok, I might be able to give you this one, but this still doesn't provide Validity for Islam. As we all know great thinkers such Plato Socrates, Hippocrates predate even the birth of Christ. These men were profound in their knowledge of the physical world and life, and science has built upon the works of these men.
Also there were schools, and books when Muhammad lived. Even though the body of of work of knowledge then was not as immense as we have it in recent times, people were not less intelligent, words got around and people traveled up and about.
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by tevinsolt: 10:10pm On Mar 09, 2018
chemystery:

I thought god inspired both? Or you mean the validity of god's revelation is dependent on how earlier the revelation was released by god?

No, the question you need to ask is ..... If God (and I assume in this particular case is the same) inspired these two books that's clearly in contradiction, wouldn't that mean God's confused?

And Also right off the bat, how can anyone prove a book is inspired by God? what I am asking is not for proof but evidence to show validity.
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by Humanistme: 10:15pm On Mar 09, 2018
shadeyinka:

You don't know the implication of what you say. It simply means the the Jews you hate and despise so much are the Original Muslims!

History knowledge is suffering you!

tell them o, Muslim logic dey tire person
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by shadeyinka(m): 10:28pm On Mar 09, 2018
Humanistme:

tell them o, Muslim logic dey tire person
There knowledge of History is ridiculously appalling.
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by tevinsolt: 10:29pm On Mar 09, 2018
tartar9:

Judaism also predates xtianity,why shud a jew convert to xtianity?

Well thanks for stating the obvious. I would assume you know that the first Christians were Jews. Here's a fact, the disciples didn't call themselves Christians, it was rather society's perception that came up with the name.

the New testament is in continuation of the old, the fulfillment of the promise of the messiah (which some Jews are still waiting for and as a result not believing in who Jesus claimed himself to be, while some others, Messianic Jews believe he came already and was Jesus)

on the Contrast, The Quran is a book riddled with contradictions regarding how it relates to Christianity and Judaism. According to Islam, while Christians and Jews are people of the book, in the same token their books are corrupted. So those books are to be discarded and now everyone must subscribe to the new updated version by God via Muhammad (which is conveniently the last prophet).

may be it's just me, things don't add up
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by tevinsolt: 10:36pm On Mar 09, 2018
dalaman:
Christianity and Islam basically boils down to:

I am right and you are wrong. You'll burn in hell of you disagree.

Might be........... for only superficial thinkers.

are you saying both are right or neither is right?
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by tevinsolt: 10:42pm On Mar 09, 2018
spongeisback:
Slaves comparing chains.

grin grin grin

And what does [slave A] feel about his free range cage.
Re: Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? by creedencity(m): 12:41am On Mar 10, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Anybody can go to the internet and quote Quran, but before you quote Quran upside down, know that you don't understand arabic.
The .....the first of those who.....in the Surah 39 vs 12 you quoted is referring to be the leader.
As u can see, he was commanded by Allah subhana watahala that he should be the first(leader) of those who are muslims.
He didn't say 'i am the first muslim'.
You cant tell me a student that got first position in class is the first student that started in the class.
Or you will tell me Buhari is tge first Nigerian.

Come for extra study in English, i wont charge you. grin

butterflylion:

grin grin
This is what i call a K. O (knock out)

Make sure you come with hime for the liguistic lesson

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Victoria Orenze Biography, Birth, Early Life, Family, Education, Care / Why Did God Allow Some People To Still Suffer Despite Being Devoted / Lord Make My Living A Blessing Each Day Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.