Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,316 members, 7,811,943 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Covering Of Hair For Christain Women, Is It Compulsory? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Covering Of Hair For Christain Women, Is It Compulsory? (8229 Views)

Keys For A Happy Marriage- A Christain Perspective / Is Going To Church Without Covering Your Hair A Sin? / Christain View Point On Long Hair, Tattoos, Body Piercing And The Way We Dress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covering Of Hair For Christain Women, Is It Compulsory? by YEMILOVE1(f): 4:54pm On May 15, 2008
[quote author=chiegemba
@ topic depends on individuals. coverin one's hair doesnt ensure one's belief in Christ wink
i agree with you. we christian we pretend too much why covering our head in the church when we go to office we leave our head open or we don't use to pray in the office?

I want us to do something pray with ur head cover and pray without covering ur head put ur faith in place and see if God we answer or not. come the bible that say no sinner we go unpurnished is the same bibe that say God don't want the dead of sinner except they repent. BIBLE IS A PERFECT BOOK.

let us use our common sense.
Re: Covering Of Hair For Christain Women, Is It Compulsory? by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 16, 2008
YEMI LOVE:

[quote author=chiegemba
I want us to do something pray with your head cover and pray without covering your head put your faith in place and see if God we answer or not. come the bible that say no sinner we go unpurnished is the same bibe that say God don't want the dead of sinner except they repent. BIBLE IS A PERFECT BOOK.

let us use our common sense.

Whats your point??
Re: Covering Of Hair For Christain Women, Is It Compulsory? by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 16, 2008
1 Cor 11:1-16
1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.
3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.
5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.
6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.
7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.
8 For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man.
9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
10 For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.
11 Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.
12 For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.
13 Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?
14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.
16 But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

===============
My questions -->

1. Is is the new trend in Christianity only to accept those parts of the bible that agree with our feelings?

2. Does this not mean that we have essentially replaced biblical injuctions with feelings?
Re: Covering Of Hair For Christain Women, Is It Compulsory? by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 16, 2008
Quote from: English1 on April 10, 2007, 05:03 PM
It clearly says that women's heads should be covered but it also says that 'for her hair is given her for a covering.'

~So unless you are a bald woman, you don't need to wear a hat or scarf. Your hair covers your head.

may u live long on earth,did i hear u say Amen?
Re: Covering Of Hair For Christain Women, Is It Compulsory? by Image123(m): 4:33pm On May 17, 2008
I think if we will not be the usual lazy christian who cant read,the explanations have been clearly made by backslider and co.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Benny Hinn Dating Paula White? ? / Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? / Dr Martin Luther King Jr The False Prophet God Spoke About Specifically

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.