Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

I Need Help On Removing This Persistent Address From My Browser - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / I Need Help On Removing This Persistent Address From My Browser (676 Views)

All My Browser Refuse To Open Facebook / How Do I Know The Version Of My Browser? / Help! Jzip Hijacked My Browser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help On Removing This Persistent Address From My Browser by seun0622(m): 3:51pm On Apr 29, 2010
Good day NL.

Please, does anyone have an idea on how to permanently remove this persistent address " www.solutionscolony.com/advertweb/router.asp" from my browser.

Whenever I enter any address in the web browser, this site acts like a gateway for any site on my browser and it keeps requesting for an unknown username and password.
Kindly find attached the screen shot.
Re: I Need Help On Removing This Persistent Address From My Browser by moonraker(m): 5:23am On Apr 30, 2010
dont see no attachment, but his is wt u shd do,

click on the start button, right click on IE and select properties,

then select about blank (if yur using IE6), i can tell that u got spyware on yur system,

so google (CC Cleaner) and use it to clean up yur system. update yur antivirus, cheers
Re: I Need Help On Removing This Persistent Address From My Browser by seun0622(m): 2:26pm On Apr 30, 2010
Thank s so much, I will do just that and get back to you.

Regards
Re: I Need Help On Removing This Persistent Address From My Browser by seun0622(m): 9:11pm On May 07, 2010
@ moonraker

I have downloaded the CCleaner ,used it and also scaned the whole system with two different antivirus softwares. about 27 spyware infections were discovered and neutralised but my browser Url is always still been redirected to the same site.
Is there a way I can just delete this address through any of the directories or the registry editor??
Re: I Need Help On Removing This Persistent Address From My Browser by moonraker(m): 12:13am On May 08, 2010
Reset your browser,

tools-----internet options------advanced------- reset,

this will reset yur browser completely, so that u can start frm scratch
Re: I Need Help On Removing This Persistent Address From My Browser by seun0622(m): 5:43pm On May 08, 2010
I have done that several times and it s still redirecting my web browser whenever the prefix " www. comes before the address but it s no longer redirecting the site whenever I start with http://www.
I think there is still a problem here and there should be a directory where the name has been saved, if only the folder could be assessed and the name deleted.
Re: I Need Help On Removing This Persistent Address From My Browser by moonraker(m): 7:33am On May 09, 2010
i didnt want to say this but i think yur best bet is to reinstall yur os,

you hv too much viruses on yur system, specifically speaking, you hv a torjan horse,

by reinstalling yur os, u not only take care of yur browser issues but also yur spyware issues[[

cheers
Re: I Need Help On Removing This Persistent Address From My Browser by cool22: 8:21pm On May 13, 2010
I thought as much.

I have re-installed the OS and that seems to solve the problem.
I later discovered that, the infection was caused by the cafe timer software i installed on the system.

I would have to discard it and get a better one.

Thank so much.
Re: I Need Help On Removing This Persistent Address From My Browser by omega25red(m): 8:40pm On May 13, 2010
yikes you re-installed. Well if that works for you but the next time before you reformat you should first get malwarebytes (do a google search) install it and run it after you have updated it and it should take out all that stuff for you.

(1) (Reply)

Turn Your Mobile Phone To Computer Software / How Do I Copy Youtube Clip / Help With Internet Speed/downloading

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.