Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,981 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) (52584 Views)

See The Food I Bought At N600 in Lagos Today / Oyinbo People Queue To Buy Nigerian Jollof Rice From "Mama Put" In London. / Hungry Abuja Residents Steal Rice From A Moving Truck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by oladeebo: 11:32pm On Mar 09, 2018
ruggedised:
APC is full of propaganda, they lie too much and is so disgusting.

I also attached the date before BMC accuses me of lying
save digection of your made from leather rice.

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by Nobody: 1:24am On Mar 10, 2018
FarahAideed:
99 percent of the rice in Nigerian market including the so called Kebbi lake rice is imported

no nah 100% ... Shegu yan gaba da west.
Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by deomelllo: 3:50am On Mar 10, 2018
ruggedised:

What if it was smuggled into Nigeria.? These Igbos sabi reason like babies sha.?

4 Likes

Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by googi: 4:06am On Mar 10, 2018
Is it only rice?

Lace, cotton, shoes etc are all Ijebu and Okrika made but before they can sell, you have to repack them as made in Europe and America.

The irony is even America do not make them anymore. They are all made in third world countries where labor is cheap.

I laugh when people think they buy Hennessy. Na pure ogogoro Dem dey drink.

Lace are taken to the border from Nigeria, repackaged as made in Belgium.

Foolish kid wey say ime mama nor go sleep, na ime eye go dry pass. You think say na Nijeria you dey do.

Mumu buy Taiwan rice cheap cheap abi?

9 Likes

Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by Nobody: 5:24am On Mar 10, 2018
Abeg this is Nigerian rice.

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by agabusta: 5:43am On Mar 10, 2018
How come people are not even noticing the drastic fall in the price?

It seems it's only negative news our people like.

Btw
The federal government never said there is no importation of Thailand rice, they only said it has massively reduced. There are still legal avenues to import rice. You guys should not stop talking like people with comprehension defects.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by Nobody: 5:59am On Mar 10, 2018
IFearGod:
The price has gone down drastically. The recent approach by the government yielded something good.

I bought a 25 kg bag for 7500 2days back. Dat would be 15k abi? Let's assume an extra cost of 1k was incurred in dividing the bag, the price of 50 kg will still be 14k.

4 Likes

Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by benzion72(m): 7:49am On Mar 10, 2018
APC and lies are 5 and 6 you never see their Rice Pyramid for Ogun State

2 Likes

Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by nairaman66(m): 8:10am On Mar 10, 2018
The height of confusion!! Some say it is packaged rice in foreign bags, while the others say it is foreign rice in local bags!! Nigeria is so bleeped up!

Who is fooling who?

2 Likes

Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by lereinter(m): 12:42pm On Mar 10, 2018
Okoroawusa:
I know it is hard for u to believe but there is a big repackaging of local rice as foreign rice on going now

you are very correct it's mostly found in small size like 10kg, 25kg

3 Likes

Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by KingGBsky(m): 2:16pm On Mar 10, 2018
ALCOHOLKILLS:
There is beauty in truth, even if is painful. Those who lie, twist life so that it looks tasty to the lazy, brilliant to the ignorant, and powerful to the weak. But lies only strengthen our defects. They don't teach anything, help anything, fix anything. Nor do they develop one's mind, one's heart or one's soul

Bravo round of applause!!!

Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by RealGucci: 2:16pm On Mar 10, 2018
a whole mike tyson punch
ruggedised:
50kg
Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by free2ryhme: 2:17pm On Mar 10, 2018
ruggedised:

APC na propaganda
Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 10, 2018
ruggedised:

Exact market place
Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by Chukazu: 2:20pm On Mar 10, 2018
KenOne:
Mister man that thing you just bought is a local rice bagged in a bag with foreign inscription. Come to Aba here and see people manufacturing bags of mama gold and stallion and other foreign bags rice to bag local rice and to be sold as foreign rice. I am a victim of these Aba boys, they sell it to mostly customers that comes from Port Harcourt, Akwa Ibom and other surrounding states or cities so that you will find it difficult to return it when you have bought them and left Aba town.

And why would you want to return it cheesy

Don't you want to encourage local content cool?
Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by Nobody: 2:20pm On Mar 10, 2018
My guy na local packaged rice you go buy. tongue

3 Likes

Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by CaptainFM1: 2:21pm On Mar 10, 2018
ALCOHOLKILLS:
There is beauty in truth, even if is painful. Those who lie, twist life so that it looks tasty to the lazy, brilliant to the ignorant, and powerful to the weak. But lies only strengthen our defects. They don't teach anything, help anything, fix anything. Nor do they develop one's mind, one's heart or one's soul

Is this your comment related to this topic? I can't make a sense of it!
Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by Philinho(m): 2:22pm On Mar 10, 2018
Let me confirm from Audu Ogbe
Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by marvin906(m): 2:22pm On Mar 10, 2018
oga na local rice be that..

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by fleetfeet: 2:22pm On Mar 10, 2018
Go to okoko and see how they are bagging rice. The same rice will be bagged into over 8 different bags. What you bought may just be local rice in a locally produced 'foreign bag'.

The rice revolution is very real and farmers are making money. You won't know this because you can't be bothered to dig a little deeper.

KenOne:
Mister man that thing you just bought is a local rice bagged in a bag with foreign inscription. Come to Aba here and see people manufacturing bags of mama gold and stallion and other foreign bags rice to bag local rice and to be sold as foreign rice. I am a victim of these Aba boys, they sell it to mostly customers that comes from Port Harcourt, Akwa Ibom and other surrounding states or cities so that you will find it difficult to return it when you have bought them and left Aba town.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by Nobody: 2:23pm On Mar 10, 2018
I tot local rice is more better and tasty than foreign rice.

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 2:24pm On Mar 10, 2018
ruggedised:

I'm not in aba, abi you have compression issues
no mind the Ediot AFONJA can just say anything to discredit ingenious strides of Umu Igbo...
Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by Sunnah1(m): 2:24pm On Mar 10, 2018
ruggedised:

And some fools believed that the content of that thing is rice. #UnaMumuNevaDo

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by Orpe7(m): 2:24pm On Mar 10, 2018
No b today dem don dey pakage foreign for local na

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by Jibabs2(m): 2:25pm On Mar 10, 2018
Re-package
Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by fleetfeet: 2:26pm On Mar 10, 2018
Cuz our people detest local products-yet they want Nigeria to grow economically. The traders know their mumu botton so the keep pushing it. See this one gloating that he bought Thai Rice when he actually purchased local rice.

omololu2020:
very few people know about this grin

I wonder why they are doing it sha undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by luckyogor(m): 2:26pm On Mar 10, 2018
ruggedised:

And this same rice will sell in warri for 18,500.
Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by Stbobbylee: 2:28pm On Mar 10, 2018
Do u want to buy Nigerian rice before? Do Nigeria produce rice... Thailandian rice is the best.
Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by slimthugchimee2(m): 2:28pm On Mar 10, 2018
kolaaderin:
This anti government people never seems to amaze me , no one have ever said Nigeria has got all the imported rice off our market, we still have them very much around through smuggling by those unpatriotic Nigerians but not in that quantity of insanity we are used to.
And there is 80 % tendency you bought a rebagged abakaliki rice, but what do I know so far you are happy you bought Thailand rice at the detriment of your own country. The joke is on you.

Buy Nigeria and grow Nigeria. That is my own pinch of salt for your likes.

I am not a stench buhari supporter, but seriously this is embarrassing, for a Nigeria to rather buy foreign made rice and be happy about it when there are a lot of local rice waiting to be bought......just because he hates buhari.....ohhh, you guys should sometimes try not to see the world through political and tribal means cry

4 Likes

Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by Ellabae(f): 2:29pm On Mar 10, 2018
The price is so cheap

2 Likes

Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by Gangster1ms: 2:29pm On Mar 10, 2018
Plastic rice embarassed
Re: I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Mar 10, 2018
Sunnah1:

And some fools believed that the content of that thing is rice. #UnaMumuNevaDo

No, is Sand. Hope you are happy now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Lady Ordered For A Superhero Cake And Got This (Photos) / Nigerian Food One Can Eat To Add Weight / See The N100 Fresh Pepper And Onions I Bought This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.