Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,960 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

IPPIS Reduces Police February Salary By Over 15% Nationwide - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / IPPIS Reduces Police February Salary By Over 15% Nationwide (38579 Views)

Imo Government Increases Workers' Salary By ₦10,000 / Ebonyi Government Increases Workers' Salary By ₦10,000 / Nigerian Army Reduces Academic Requirement To Woo More Citizens Into Joining (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPPIS Reduces Police February Salary By Over 15% Nationwide by ibitzbarlow(m): 9:05am On Mar 10, 2018
seunmsg:
There is no new tax policy of the government as regards personal income tax. The PAYE rate is still the same. So, there can't be additional deduction from police officers salaries. IPPIS need to explain the reason for the over deduction in police officers salaries. In addition, OP need to tell us if this is the first time that IPPIS is paying police officers salaries. Full information will allow us to know where the problem is coming from.

Truth is that there is no new tax policy but there is an enforcement of complete PAYE taxation. Most FG parastatals and agencies have not been taxing all components of employee's taxable income and where they do, it has not been full rate taxation. In the last four years or thereabout, the books of these agencies have been looked into by the FIRS and the State IRS for full and complete compliance. Implementation of total compliance started a few years ago in most agencies and is being done on yearly incremental basis until 100% is achieved.

I know this because I have friends in some of the big FG parastatals who experienced these yearly increases in taxation such that their total take-home today is less than their take-home of say last year and the year before.

1 Like

Re: IPPIS Reduces Police February Salary By Over 15% Nationwide by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 10, 2018
It is a mark of responsibility and respect, I handle salaries of over 20something thousand people and I am in my 20s, fraud is boring so I would rather not indulge in illegalities, theres a lot of legit money to be made grin
ceaser:

We know the various financial crimes and illegal deductions IPPIS guys commit in connivance with the account officers of the respective parastatals.

Do you join the bad IPPIS officers to milk innocent Nigerian civil servants too?
Re: IPPIS Reduces Police February Salary By Over 15% Nationwide by carammel(f): 9:41am On Mar 10, 2018
That was how we saw it yesterday o, I didn't even know it has gotten to nairaland. Our salary was delayed and upon receiving alert, we were all short paid, 8000naira was deducted from mine, my oga got 30000naira deduction, mama wan faint.
Re: IPPIS Reduces Police February Salary By Over 15% Nationwide by lebete3000: 9:57am On Mar 10, 2018
schoolmaster:
There have been a serious uproar among the ranks and file, officers and civilian staff working with d Nigeria police force as February salary has been grossly debited with huge deduction by IPPIS in d name of Fed govt new tax policy.

Yes huge disaster because of d fact dat people are already complaining dat salaries are no longer enough in dis (Buhari) regime and require upward review, but all they could get is huge deduction is dis fare APC. imagine deductions as high as 10k, 20k & even >30k, how can we survive dis? please affected personal share ur experience, mine was 23k. what do we do? Also is dis new tax policy also affecting other civil and public servants?

How can a doctor work in the Nigerian police force?
Re: IPPIS Reduces Police February Salary By Over 15% Nationwide by seunmsg(m): 10:04am On Mar 10, 2018
ibitzbarlow:

Truth is that there is no new tax policy but there is an enforcement of complete PAYE taxation. Most FG parastatals and agencies have not been taxing all components of employee's taxable income and where they do, it has not been full rate taxation. In the last four years or thereabout, the books of these agencies have been looked into by the FIRS and the State IRS for full and complete compliance. Implementation of total compliance started a few years ago in most agencies and is being done on yearly incremental basis until 100% is achieved.

I know this because I have friends in some of the big FG parastatals who experienced these yearly increases in taxation such that their total take-home today is less than their take-home of say last year and the year before.

We are saying the same thing. IPPIS is designed to calculate the exact tax liability of a tax payer based on the existing tax law. There is no hiding place under the platform. Police just joined the IPPIS platform and that is why they are complaining. Most civil servants who have been on the platform for years have since adjusted to the system. Police officers should adjust and get used to it.

1 Like

Re: IPPIS Reduces Police February Salary By Over 15% Nationwide by ceaser: 10:07am On Mar 10, 2018
DonPiiko:
It is a mark of responsibility and respect, I handle salaries of over 20something thousand people and I am in my 20s, fraud is boring so I would rather not indulge in illegalities, theres a lot of legit money to be made grin

Good that you choose to be different.

As you said, there is a lot of legit money to be made. Such that will give you rest of mind and a clear conscience. And that's the most important.

1 Like

Re: IPPIS Reduces Police February Salary By Over 15% Nationwide by LZAA: 10:27am On Mar 10, 2018
schoolmaster:
There have been a serious uproar among the ranks and file, officers and civilian staff working with d Nigeria police force as February salary has been grossly debited with huge deduction by IPPIS in d name of Fed govt new tax policy.

Yes huge disaster because of d fact dat people are already complaining dat salaries are no longer enough in dis (Buhari) regime and require upward review, but all they could get is huge deduction is dis fare APC. imagine deductions as high as 10k, 20k & even >30k, how can we survive dis? please affected personal share ur experience, mine was 23k. what do we do? Also is dis new tax policy also affecting other civil and public servants?
no be only police o
ppl are getting underpaid everywia
shocking

1 Like

Re: IPPIS Reduces Police February Salary By Over 15% Nationwide by amuijiji: 10:35am On Mar 10, 2018
ceaser:

Dem chop craze ni? As far as your papers are up to date, I don't think you need to fear those highway robbers.

As per your plead to Nigerians to help those officers of the Nigeria Police out there, I'm sorry, but majority of Nigerians detest 'em. I know I do.

Sincerely u do but u can't do without them.
Lastly, if the remaining morale of these officers to work re tampered, do u ve any clue on what crime would look like.
Re: IPPIS Reduces Police February Salary By Over 15% Nationwide by segzy87(m): 12:36pm On Mar 10, 2018
seunmsg:
There is no new tax policy of the government as regards personal income tax. The PAYE rate is still the same. So, there can't be additional deduction from police officers salaries. IPPIS need to explain the reason for the over deduction in police officers salaries. In addition, OP need to tell us if this is the first time that IPPIS is paying police officers salaries. Full information will allow us to know where the problem is coming from.
This is the first payment from IPPIS, that is why our February salary was delayed to 9th of march. 7k was deducted from my salary.
Re: IPPIS Reduces Police February Salary By Over 15% Nationwide by Olubidex: 8:19pm On Mar 10, 2018
Snake must have entered that IPPIS software
Re: IPPIS Reduces Police February Salary By Over 15% Nationwide by Nwaohafia1: 10:09pm On Mar 10, 2018
luvinhubby:

So sorry, please try calling again

Okay. After church 2rw
Re: IPPIS Reduces Police February Salary By Over 15% Nationwide by ceaser: 6:31am On Mar 13, 2018
amuijiji:

Sincerely u do but u can't do without them.
Lastly, if the remaining morale of these officers to work re tampered, do u ve any clue on what crime would look like.

You do have a point, alright. I've met only two averagely good, honest and reasonable Nigeria police officers in my entire life and I always commend the two and even go extra mile to show them that I adore their stand. But the rest, pffrrrrr!

By and large, I think the majority of them need serious re-orientation to be disciplined and to commit to their duty to protect and serve. Once they make that positive change, you should trust Nigerians to always have their back.
Re: IPPIS Reduces Police February Salary By Over 15% Nationwide by mbscholars: 6:45am On Mar 13, 2018
2018 NNPC INTERNSHIP/SIWES APPLICATION GUIDE AND HOW TO APPLY. DO WELL TO SEE IT.
https://mbscholars.com.ng/guides/2018-nnpc-internship-ultimate-guide-with-engr-uche/
Re: IPPIS Reduces Police February Salary By Over 15% Nationwide by Jackossky(m): 1:40pm On Jun 07, 2018
Not just underpayment, what about some that hasn't receive their salary since February? And that was when IPPIS took over.

Man has gone to Abuja to complain and was told to go back to work, that it will be rectified yet nothing has happened.

Hunger bad oo
Re: IPPIS Reduces Police February Salary By Over 15% Nationwide by Rawtruth1: 10:37am On Mar 03, 2020
schoolmaster:

This IPPIS is the biggest scam of the century
Re: IPPIS Reduces Police February Salary By Over 15% Nationwide by rotile247(m): 11:07am On Mar 03, 2020
Countdown:
The IPPIS platform charges tax on Allowances,including special allowances, unlike the GIFMIS platform since salaries are now consolidated. The end result is that the pension contribution of the tax payer is increased but charged against the govt's part of the contribution. This is the likely cause of the reduction in salary

Nigeria tax laws still exempt allowances and allowable deductions from tax. Has this law been amended? Except they no longer pay allowances aside basic salary as part of emoluments.

Get a breakdown of your payslip to better understand the structure of this deductions.
Re: IPPIS Reduces Police February Salary By Over 15% Nationwide by ThePansophist: 6:06pm On Mar 04, 2020
Rawtruth1:
This IPPIS is the biggest scam of the century

36k with power bank. I was banned in phone section because of my ad. Let me know if you're interested. I'm in Lagos
Re: IPPIS Reduces Police February Salary By Over 15% Nationwide by Rawtruth1: 6:42pm On Mar 04, 2020
ThePansophist:

36k with power bank. I was banned in phone section because of my ad. Let me know if you're interested. I'm in Lagos

unfortunately I am in Enugu
Re: IPPIS Reduces Police February Salary By Over 15% Nationwide by ThePansophist: 6:45pm On Mar 04, 2020
Rawtruth1:
unfortunately I am in Enugu

Too bad. If you have anyone in Lagos who can inspect, pickup and ship to you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos Of A Corporate Keke Rider In Lagos / Shoemaker Cries After Getting Gift From Old Customer Who Came From Abroad (video / Borehole Accident Kills 3 In Onitsha (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.