Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,838 members, 7,838,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (513) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (796036 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sweetmb4real200: 10:56am On Oct 04, 2018
Good day house,

I asked a question about this new form that was uploaded in September. IMM5832e (Lagos visa intruction office) one part says do not do upfront medical or pay tuition, please do you have an idea if anyone still do upfront medical?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Stevester4620(m): 11:11am On Oct 04, 2018
Good morning house, am new and am planning my study visa to u s a . I made a first class degree here in Nigeria. Am 21years, please I needed some help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Damsyangel23(f): 11:34am On Oct 04, 2018
sweetmb4real200:
Good day house,

I asked a question about this new form that was uploaded in September. IMM5832e (Lagos visa intruction office) one part says do not do upfront medical or pay tuition, please do you have an idea if anyone still do upfront medical?
please gurus in the house respond to this question!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Fortissimo502: 11:43am On Oct 04, 2018
Jephehe:
Great Nigerians,

We should alway encourage each other as countries like India and China are doing in Canada. My class is 40students and 38 indians. Whats the secret? Its just team brainstorming.

Anyone coming to University of waterloo, Laurie University and Conestoga College in Winter?

If yes accommodation is available.

Na only me waka come oh
I'm coming to waterloo in January
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Fortissimo502: 11:45am On Oct 04, 2018
Jephehe:
Great Nigerians,

We should alway encourage each other as countries like India and China are doing in Canada. My class is 40students and 38 indians. Whats the secret? Its just team brainstorming.

Anyone coming to University of waterloo, Laurie University and Conestoga College in Winter?

If yes accommodation is available.

Na only me waka come oh

Abeg where be the accommodation and how much?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 11:50am On Oct 04, 2018
afroxyz:

Tell us more
Lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 1:16pm On Oct 04, 2018
Can you take the screenshot of the form where it was stated? Cos all along peeps have been doing Upfromt medicals and also paying tuition and getting their Visa. So please bring in proof here and show the house the screenshot of what you saying.. Peace
sweetmb4real200:
Good day house,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bertram87: 1:41pm On Oct 04, 2018
Y2Kbaba:

Kindly assist with SOP review

You can pm me to help review your SOP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dwebb55: 1:52pm On Oct 04, 2018
sweetmb4real200:
Good day house,

Truth is you're not required to do upfront medicals until when/if requested. However, due to delay issues many go ahead to do it in order to reduce waiting times. If upfront medicals has been done you would be expecting a passport request for online submission or approval in the case of paper submissions.

However, the embassy will not want to be held responsible for additional costs in the event that an application is refused which is why they ask for you to wait until medical requests before proceeding for your medicals.

The choice is yours as you deem fit!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by odagogo: 2:01pm On Oct 04, 2018
Stevester4620:
Good morning house, am new and am planning my study visa to u s a . I made a first class degree here in Nigeria. Am 21years, please I needed some help.

What program are you looking at for your masters and when do you want to start your study. Those are questions you first need to answer. After doing that start by researching for a school (google should take care of that) and probably applying for an admission. During these processes feel free to drop any issue on the forum and the gurus here will be happy to support you as much as possible.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Oskydaniellyyy: 2:04pm On Oct 04, 2018
Stevester4620:
Which course
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Oskydaniellyyy: 2:04pm On Oct 04, 2018
Stevester4620:

Which course
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Oskydaniellyyy: 2:06pm On Oct 04, 2018
Fortissimo502:

Abeg where be the accommodation and how much?
Indian is over 1.2 billion in population, they like to go to school especially the English speaking countries .infact they are everywhere
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by canadabyfire: 2:19pm On Oct 04, 2018
Where is galalala123 oooooooooooooooooh.................the house is so cold.........no approvals no denials.............backlog of application............no site maintenance by CIC...............no prayers by going forward and no humor from u to help calm our troubled clients knocking and blasting doors....................abeg come back na.............

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by thompson1510(m): 2:40pm On Oct 04, 2018
Hello gurus in the house, I have checked all the important links in the first page but still can't find "steps to visa paper route application". Or do you know any good agent you can recommend? I already have all my documents...except bank statements... Resuming January 2019.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by agborichard: 2:52pm On Oct 04, 2018
Sulaimonsb:
Hi, who has information abt centennial college Toronto coming over in January. i need information on part time jobs, accommodation and generally about toronto. Thank you

bro. can i send you a pm. i have just been offered an admission there. plss. thnks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by alftdbts: 2:57pm On Oct 04, 2018
Lagos2canna:

That's small to what Nigerians are doing, because people are pretending here.

Our own never bad reach that one ohh. I have seen a friend who is an American citizen and getting his female cousin to Yankee was the only favor possible to her fam. They married here on paper and he filed for her, at the court thing the guys gf was even there. She is now in the US and still single sef. Na every country incest dey happen but not to that extent or for residency!!! Habaa can't imagine it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 04, 2018
thompson1510:
Hello gurus in the house, I have checked all the important links in the first page but still can't find "steps to visa paper route application". Or do you know any good agent you can recommend? I already have all my documents...except bank statements... Resuming January 2019.

1st of all, nobody here uses agents cos if u got most of your visa requirements, den u don't need an agent at all...I won't even advise u to...secondly, wen u get your documents ready including the bank statements which should have reasonable/sufficient amount as the balance in it...den u can go to the vfs building in lagos ikate..u don't need an appointment, go there with your visa fee in cash and submit your documents..den start praying
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by alftdbts: 3:00pm On Oct 04, 2018
sweetmb4real200:
Good day house,

It's a new form or recent development, so people here might not have your expected answer. Call VFS or any of the approved hospitals for first hand info if you still confused about what you saw. They should have latest info or as last resort email CIC Lagos (their inquiry email specifically) and ask if you can.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 04, 2018
thompson1510:

Also ensure your SOP is convincing enough especially on the part of coming back to naija after studies..i would even advise including an affidavit stamped by the court stating u will come back to Nigeria after your studies...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hotcakept2: 3:14pm On Oct 04, 2018
Maygreaves bro check your dm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 04, 2018
The Canadian embassy should device a means to hasten this unbearable process. Honestly!

Compared to US and UK bound students, the emotional stress these TRV process put Canada bound students through is at best unfair.

Why on earth will an average of 50% of students wait for 3 months before application decision is made?

Charge more if you have to, reject more if you have to, but it's not worth it making students wait for 4 months!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chemali: 3:19pm On Oct 04, 2018
042viber12:

Also ensure your SOP is convincing enough especially on the part of coming back to naija after studies[b]..i would even advise including an affidavit stamped by the court stating u will come back to Nigeria after your studies[/b]...

very silly thing to do !

what if that legal document (affidavit) is used against you by the Canadian authorities in future as an excuse to refuse any future applications made within Canada? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by realanago: 3:38pm On Oct 04, 2018
realanago:
Hello NL, please I need a sample of sponsors letter. Just offered admission to Concordia University of Edmonton and resumption is 9th Jan 2019. Planning to submit by next week latest.

Got a total of 10m naira in fixed deposit plus treasury bill. Estimated fees is 35000CAD.
Will this be sufficient to apply or I get someone as co-sponsor ? Can my boss be sponsor?
Masters In Information System Assurance Management.

I have a BSc Accounting, MBA and ACA (chartered accountant). 4 yrs accounting and 6 yrs banking experience.
Paid 2500CAD registration deposit.

What's my chance of getting the visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by thompson1510(m): 3:41pm On Oct 04, 2018
042viber12:

1st of all, nobody here uses agents cos if u got most of your visa requirements, den u don't need an agent at all...I won't even advise u to...secondly, wen u get your documents ready including the bank statements which should have reasonable/sufficient amount as the balance in it...den u can go to the vfs building in lagos ikate..u don't need an appointment, go there with your visa fee in cash and submit your documents..den start praying
Thanks a lot bro. I appreciate the info...have a great day boss.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 3:52pm On Oct 04, 2018
not jst waiting 4 months, but waiting for that long and still get rejected. Someone here waited for 18 good weeks and still got rejected. Its really annoying to be candid...
123abcclown:
The Canadian embassy should device a means to hasten this unbearable process. Honestly!

Compared to US and UK bound students, the emotional stress these TRV process put Canada bound students through is at best unfair.

Why on earth will an average of 50% of students wait for 3 months before application decision is made?

Charge more if you have to, reject more if you have to, but it's not worth it making students wait for 4 months!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by yemupz(m): 3:54pm On Oct 04, 2018
[quote author=realanago post=71780957][/quote]

I think it is very unrealistic to expect anyone here to tell you what your chances of getting any visa are? Even a visa officer won't be able to answer that question until they have reviewed all your documents and seen reports of background checks...

Abeg, get all your documents together and submit your application, then join the nearest prayer group smiley. If you need help with any specific thing during the preparation/submission process, ask and people might be able to help.

My 2cents!
Peace!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by alftdbts: 3:54pm On Oct 04, 2018
chemali:

very silly thing to do !

what if that legal document (affidavit) is used against you by the Canadian authorities in future as an excuse to refuse any future applications made within Canada? undecided

Lol... once these countries take you atall, they know there is a high chance you wont return home but use their residency options. Thus the reason for this scrutiny. I agree with you, that affidavit isn't necessary. Yimu �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by yemupz(m): 4:06pm On Oct 04, 2018
makano:
not jst waiting 4 months, but waiting for that long and still get rejected. Someone here waited for 18 good weeks and still got rejected. Its really annoying to be candid...

Although am also very concerned about the long wait for this study visa thing, but I just wanted to say that, to be fair to these VOs, we must realise that a lot of background processes goes into processing and granting visas to foreign nationals. Especially for a country like Nigeria that the Western world always suspect anything we submit as forged or fraudulent.

No too visa applications are the same, so comparisons don't make sense. The background checks are out of the hands of the VOs as they are conducted by Security agencies. Sometimes, anything phony in a person's records could prolong the background checks. Also, sometimes they delay processing a visa just to make sure they get all information possible to be fair to the applicant, rather than refuse on the first sign of unfavourable information.

Lastly, because Canada and most countries now use the Global Management System, applications are not allocated to anyone specifically, VOs just pick the next available application from the pool once they are free, problem with this system is that if there's any issue with an application, it is returned to the pool and will remain dormant until another free VO picks it up...

Let's just try to stay positive, get on with our lives while we wait and remain prayerful..

It is well!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by realanago: 4:11pm On Oct 04, 2018
yemupz:

I think it is very unrealistic to expect anyone here to tell you what your chances of getting any visa are? Even a visa officer won't be able to answer that question until they have reviewed all your documents and seen reports of background checks...

Abeg, get all your documents together and submit your application, then join the nearest prayer group smiley. If you need help with any specific thing during the preparation/submission process, ask and people might be able to help.

My 2cents!
Peace!

Thanks for your advice.

As for my boss being a sponsor, any experience on this? Has any member here used it before? Still reading the threads from the beginning as advised here but yet to figure an answer to that yet.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.