Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,115 members, 7,811,135 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (517) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (783741 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Trapping(m): 9:07pm On Oct 05, 2018
alftdbts:

Lol... that one go be holy jolt ohh. You are not expected to write them until your processing time is up bro. They said do not write them till processing time is up. You should have gone for the faster route then plus fall resumption is gone, so why are you writing them? or so much in a hurry. Wait for your time and try to take your mind off it if you no want high BP.

Oh wow, I never knew I shouldnt write them. I just dont know why I need an urgent decision - though my session is for the winter semester. But Please what is the faster route that I should have followed?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Baggiopreshy: 10:04pm On Oct 05, 2018
Linzo:

Yes! Its true that degree applicant's are more favor in getting TRV due to the study duration, however, having obtained Bsc already in home country may raises some eyeball but that shouldn't deter you from applying. Try construct a good SOP emphasize the fact that accounting education wasn't your career part but rather pure Accounting, try explain how your former institution force you into education, that you have stood up to take your future in your hands now, and how your previous knowledge and study experience will help you excel in your chosen career. Just look for more good reason for second bachelor degree and have at least five bullet points to buttress your reasons.

Getting a master's degree offer in Canada if you're not a 2:1 holder may pose a bit difficulty for you, so degree will be best for you because you will be given 2yrs of study while HND holder are normally given 3yrs of study. Move on with your plans and pray for Gods favor
thank sir. I graduated with 2.2 sha. And you said it difficult, to get visa or admition in the university? Or is it both
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by powerblessing: 10:21pm On Oct 05, 2018
sleekysoft:
Bros not at all we still get may applicant pending ..
since when has your eligibility strayed? This GCMS method by Canada Na wa... it’s not a first come first serve basis

I think since July or August as long as I can remember.. I don tire to wait. I just need a decision to move on with my life or does it mean visa is guaranteed if you application exceed 4 months cos mine is going to 5 months now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Labims: 10:39pm On Oct 05, 2018
Hi all, Kindly advise! I graduated with B.Sc Computer Science some 15 years ago. Work experience has been in Business development/marketing/sale/financial planning, spanning about 13 years. I'm yet to have a 2nd degree and I just applied to a college in Canada to study a 2 year graduate certificate course in Global Business Management. I'm I likely to be granted study permit?
Linzo:

Yes! Its true that degree applicant's are more favor in getting TRV due to the study duration, however, having obtained Bsc already in home country may raises some eyeball but that shouldn't deter you from applying. Try construct a good SOP emphasize the fact that accounting education wasn't your career part but rather pure Accounting, try explain how your former institution force you into education, that you have stood up to take your future in your hands now, and how your previous knowledge and study experience will help you excel in your chosen career. Just look for more good reason for second bachelor degree and have at least five bullet points to buttress your reasons.

Getting a master's degree offer in Canada if you're not a 2:1 holder may pose a bit difficulty for you, so degree will be best for you because you will be given 2yrs of study while HND holder are normally given 3yrs of study. Move on with your plans and pray for Gods favor
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by alftdbts: 10:44pm On Oct 05, 2018
Trapping:

Oh wow, I never knew I shouldnt write them. I just dont know why I need an urgent decision - though my session is for the winter semester. But Please what is the faster route that I should have followed?

While I was trying to put in my application it appeared there wasn't any distinct difference. I guess it changes, since them VOs sef be like weather. But at the moment, paper route is faster. In 8wks you should have an idea where your application is going, for some online route like mine, im still clueless at almost 12weeks. Bt I'm patiently waiting and praying. Even with these plenty weeks to CIC people they have greatly improved compared to their average of 6months to 2years for the migration option.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Senatorkolade: 10:44pm On Oct 05, 2018
Trapping:

Paper route but refusal rate is high
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Hephzibah2018: 11:17pm On Oct 05, 2018
powerblessing:
I think my application is the oldest here in the forum. Online application June 1. I haven’t gotten any medical request yet. Still reviewing my eligibility and background check. Everyday I check my portal and can’t wait to know my fate

I applied online May 24th, biometrics may 29th and it was updated on the 30th. Still on background check till now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Fortissimo502: 11:22pm On Oct 05, 2018
Uwaterloo peeps I de hail o...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 11:30pm On Oct 05, 2018
Paper route may be faster than online route, but the refusal rate is higher, as the Nairobi guys dont waste time in refusing visa applications. While online route may be very slow but mostly it ends with approvals. This has been my observation right from the beginning of this part 14. Online applications gets more approvals than that of Paper. Like I said this is my observation based on the outcomes of decisions on this thread,so I no dey work for CIC ooo. For those of us still expecting, It shall end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bertram87: 11:30pm On Oct 05, 2018
Senatorkolade:

Hope the guy is not planning to falsify the statement of account.
Because u can't tell bank to write their letter

Well, I hope he’s not doing that...

Xxxx
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Labims: 11:46pm On Oct 05, 2018
Hi all, Kindly advise! I graduated with B.Sc Computer Science some 15 years ago. Work experience has been in Business development/marketing/sale/financial planning, spanning about 13 years. I'm yet to have a 2nd degree and I just applied to a college in Canada to study a 2 year graduate certificate course in Global Business Management. I'm I likely to be granted study permit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dwebb55: 12:10am On Oct 06, 2018
powerblessing:
I think my application is the oldest here in the forum. Online application June 1. I haven’t gotten any medical request yet. Still reviewing my eligibility and background check. Everyday I check my portal and can’t wait to know my fate

Nah bro! We applied same day. My eligibility review hasn't even started yet. But I think Jnyuwa is the oldest application on the thread for now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dwebb55: 12:18am On Oct 06, 2018
Labims:

In my opinion, your best bet is to apply for a masters in finance or MBA. With your experience and all, you just might sail through. Another option is to try express entry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by alftdbts: 12:25am On Oct 06, 2018
Labims:

There is no guarantee of who could get or not get a study visa, but the feasibilities and relevance of the said course is the " - " grad certificate program is too weak for your expertise. They might presume you simply finding a way out of Naija. Plus if you have worked in that field that long (since 2005) an MBA should be what you considering.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ebiwalo101: 2:48am On Oct 06, 2018
It's over one week now I applied for biometric how do I know that my Visa is in process I don't have the tracking number but my agent does.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by amozag2018: 2:57am On Oct 06, 2018
Processing time for Study Permit for Nigerians now 14 weeks shocked

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by AyoBrightBoy: 6:46am On Oct 06, 2018
makano:
Paper route may be faster than online route, but the refusal rate is higher, as the Nairobi guys dont waste time in refusing visa applications. While online route may be very slow but mostly it ends with approvals. This has been my observation right from the beginning of this part 14. Online applications gets more approvals than that of Paper. Like I said this is my observation based on the outcomes of decisions on this thread,so I no dey work for CIC ooo. For those of us still expecting, It shall end in praise.
Thanks for sharing your observations bro. But who are Nairobi guys?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by reichwolf: 7:43am On Oct 06, 2018
AyoBrightBoy:

Nairobi guys = Visa Officers (VOs) in Nairobi that are in charge of taking care of applications
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by AyoBrightBoy: 7:54am On Oct 06, 2018
reichwolf:

Nairobi guys = Visa Officers (VOs) in Nairobi that are in charge of taking care of applications
Thanks.

So are they not ones taking care of online route too?

Also, does that mean Canadian HQ has moved from Ghana to Nairobi?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 06, 2018
AyoBrightBoy:

Thanks.

So are they not ones taking care of online route too?

Also, does that mean Canadian HQ has moved from Ghana to Nairobi?

Hmm.. I guess u met the house on a good mood today.

Canadian embassy is still in Ghana. But recently, most paper applications are being processed in Kenya (Nairobi).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 06, 2018
Ebiwalo101:
It's over one week now I applied for biometric how do I know that my Visa is in process I don't have the tracking number but my agent does.

Wht Route? Paper or online?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 06, 2018
Dwebb55:

Nah bro! We applied same day. My eligibility review hasn't even started yet. But I think Jnyuwa is the oldest application on the thread for now.

Huh? That's about 19 weeks ooo. Well, I think the online route is often times worth the wait tho.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 8:22am On Oct 06, 2018
You dont want your Visa application get to those people, dey don't smile at all.. To answer ur question, Nairobi guys are the not smiling Visa Officers that attends to paper applications.
AyoBrightBoy:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by urhobogirlie: 8:46am On Oct 06, 2018
my application is the oldest here,I have been a silent follower,I applied since April 9 up till now my application is still showing eligibility review.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 06, 2018
urhobogirlie:
my application is the oldest here,I have been a silent follower,I applied since April 9 up till now my application is still showing eligibility review.
You see if you didn't come out now, you wouldn't have taken this title. Na joke I dey oh.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bennycrown(m): 9:59am On Oct 06, 2018
Haaa.u want to kill somebody with this info..april .God help us ooo
urhobogirlie:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Linzo(m): 10:07am On Oct 06, 2018
Baggiopreshy:
thank sir. I graduated with 2.2 sha. And you said it difficult, to get visa or admition in the university? Or is it both

What I mean is getting a master's with 2:2 may pose difficulty not Visa, however, getting Visa for every applicant is equal, though bachelor's degree applicant's are sometimes perceived to have higher chances of Visa approval due to its longer study duration. But in your case, I advice you should go for bachelor's degree since you fall below 2:1.

Having said, try apply for a degree program in accounting since that's where your previous academics is dormant and you may likely get a 2yr degree program which also qualify you for 3 years PGWP.

Finally, don't panic and worry not about Visa approval because you have a better and positive academic background that will surely scale through without hindrance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Linzo(m): 10:26am On Oct 06, 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Linzo(m): 10:30am On Oct 06, 2018
Labims:
Great to see that people like you who have a long span experience want to further and improve their career prospect, I guess that's the kind of joy that will fill the mind of VO who will process your application. They like experience people hence the idea of EE.

Having over 12 years experience in Business development and applying for study permit with an offer in Global Business Management will definitely stand you out of the crowd and put your application into a position of a very higher positive outcome. But i may advice, do not apply along with your family to go with you in other to prove sufficient home tie and as well not to raise the VO suspicions. Goodluck

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 06, 2018
amozag2018:
Processing time for Study Permit for Nigerians now 14 weeks shocked

I just checked...it's true o...14weeks processing time is insane o...updated on the 2nd of Oct...but I hope this is the new timeline for new applicants not old applicants o...which kin international setup be this sef...Smh....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by justwise(m): 12:20pm On Oct 06, 2018

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.