Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,997 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Oyegun’s Tenure Elongation Can’t Stand, Says Edo APC Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyegun’s Tenure Elongation Can’t Stand, Says Edo APC Chairman (11406 Views)

Buhari Says Edo Central, Forgets He's In Ondo / More Reactions From Nigerians As Buhari Says "Edo Central" While He's In Ondo / Oyegun's Tenure Elongation Stands - APC, Panel To Examine Buhari's Demand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyegun’s Tenure Elongation Can’t Stand, Says Edo APC Chairman by afroniger: 1:46pm On Mar 10, 2018
March 10, 2018

By Cajetan Mmuta

Obaseki urges peer appraisal for reforms in APC states

The leadership of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Edo State yesterday dismissed reports that the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the party had approved the extension of tenure of the National Working Committee (NWC) of the party. Also yesterday, Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, said as much as there were peculiarities in the APC controlled states across Nigeria, there was need for synergy for peer review to replicate success stories of the party across the country.

The state’s Chairman of the party, Anselm Ojezua, who stated this at a press conference in Benin City said no decision was reached by NEC of the party to extend the tenure of the Odigie- Oyegun. Ojezua said only a motion was moved to extend the tenure of the national chairman and others, adding that the NEC of the party was reminded about provisions of the party’s constitution.

He stated that no decision was reached at the NEC meeting for tenure elongation and explained that state chairmen of the party supported it because they were beneficiaries. Ojezua warned that the party needed to act fast because the tenure of the party executives would soon expire. He said: “There must be a misconception as to what decision the NEC of the APC made.

There was a motion put before NEC proposing the extension of tenure for a number of reasons but our attention was also drawn to the constitution of the party that it does not contain any provision for extension of tenure and that should it be that there was extension, something has to be done to satisfy the constitutional provision.

“There was no decision to extend tenure. A motion was passed indicating a preference that tenure be extended but there was the realisation that the constitution does not permit it and therefore there needed to be a further action taken on it. No decision was taken to extend tenure of the executives. “Time is still ticking. Very soon the tenure of the executive will soon expire.

The party will have to do something quickly to address the issue because as it is currently constituted, when the tenure expires then it is dead. NEC did not extend tenure. It only passed a motion in favour of tenure extension subject to the constitution which at the moment did not permit it. “The party chairmen supported it because they are also beneficiaries of the constitution. The party is subject to its own rules.

There was no argument at all at the meeting. There is need for us to work on the constitution prior to taking the decision of tenure extension.” On whether he would support amendment of the party’s constitution for tenure elongation, Ojezua said: “When we presented ourselves for office, we knew if it was for four years.

I also have an opportunity to present myself for another tenure should it be the wish of delegates at the congress and that is the position I will take.” Meanwhile, Obaseki, who spoke during the fifth Progressive Governors’ Forum Quarterly meeting holding, which ended in Benin City yesterday, said there was need for states under the control of the APC to harmonise policy implementation strategies to make the impact of social welfare programmes felt across the states. Obaseki, who was represented by his deputy, Philip Shaibu, said: “We have just concluded the local government elections where we recorded a 100 percent victory.

We are indeed pleased that our people accepted our policy reforms with their popular votes at the polls. “However, the need to carry out internal appraisal as a party cannot be overemphasised and that is why this meeting is important.” He added that though there may be peculiarities, the need to engender uniform policy reforms across states controlled by the APC is necessary to equally distribute the governance imprints of the state on everyone who voted for the party.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/03/oyeguns-tenure-elongation-cant-stand-says-edo-apc-chair/

5 Likes

Re: Oyegun’s Tenure Elongation Can’t Stand, Says Edo APC Chairman by afroniger: 1:47pm On Mar 10, 2018
Seems Oyegun's own state chairman doesn't support his tenure extension. undecided

39 Likes

Re: Oyegun’s Tenure Elongation Can’t Stand, Says Edo APC Chairman by OfficialAwol(m): 1:47pm On Mar 10, 2018
All I can see is a Tinubu reciting the book of lamentations.

APC has said that there's no document or communique containing the phrase "tenure elongation".

Tinubu's quadratic equation was solved with almighty Formula.

The only way for him now, is down.

I'm not celebrating the rise of the Fulani mafia though.

26 Likes

Re: Oyegun’s Tenure Elongation Can’t Stand, Says Edo APC Chairman by stephleena(f): 1:52pm On Mar 10, 2018
oyegun,the new jagaban of APC..Wailer's forms are off the market ask sarrki.
tinubu should,pls enjoy his "reconciliation" job
.NWA boy

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyegun’s Tenure Elongation Can’t Stand, Says Edo APC Chairman by AtikuNetwork: 1:55pm On Mar 10, 2018
grin grin Imagine a so-called ruling party that is scared to organize a simple convention that PDP did with flying colours? And somebody is telling me that APC is not a party of fraudsters and scammers. I know out of their fear they will extend their chairman's tenure and litigations with sink what is left of the scamming party. PDP is taking over next year guys. cheesy Anybody willing to bet?

#PatriotsForAtiku

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oyegun’s Tenure Elongation Can’t Stand, Says Edo APC Chairman by Hashimyussufamao(m): 2:03pm On Mar 10, 2018
.APC: AMALGAMATION OF PAST/PRESENT/POLITICAL CRIMINALS

16 Likes

Re: Oyegun’s Tenure Elongation Can’t Stand, Says Edo APC Chairman by Naijaguy12345(m): 3:22pm On Mar 10, 2018
How we allow all this pensioners to continue to rule and dominate us i don’t know, Nigeria youths need to wake up !

4 Likes

Re: Oyegun’s Tenure Elongation Can’t Stand, Says Edo APC Chairman by kings09(m): 3:23pm On Mar 10, 2018
Hw e take epp Nigerians
Re: Oyegun’s Tenure Elongation Can’t Stand, Says Edo APC Chairman by DeviIhimself: 3:25pm On Mar 10, 2018
OfficialAwol:

APC has said that there's no document or communique containing the phrase "tenure elongation".

I'm not celebrating the Rise of the Fulani mafia though.
Tinubu is a bastard drug dealing vagabond - sarrki

3 Likes

Re: Oyegun’s Tenure Elongation Can’t Stand, Says Edo APC Chairman by YINKS89(m): 3:28pm On Mar 10, 2018
Dis pple nids to get deir shit togeda

1 Like

Re: Oyegun’s Tenure Elongation Can’t Stand, Says Edo APC Chairman by spartan117(m): 3:30pm On Mar 10, 2018
Elongation or not buhari must go back to daura

6 Likes

Re: Oyegun’s Tenure Elongation Can’t Stand, Says Edo APC Chairman by wakeupafricanyo: 3:36pm On Mar 10, 2018
DANKWAMBO time ticking
Re: Oyegun’s Tenure Elongation Can’t Stand, Says Edo APC Chairman by Igba123: 3:40pm On Mar 10, 2018
Watching d snake named APC keep twisting itself daily.

7 Likes

Re: Oyegun’s Tenure Elongation Can’t Stand, Says Edo APC Chairman by WisdomFlakes: 3:57pm On Mar 10, 2018
I don't understand what Oyegun and his supporters are afraid of, even with the presumed 'federal might' backing. If he is as popular as the impression being created and has the support and backing of most of the party stakeholders, then he should organise a convention and test his popularity. It looks as if he is not sure of himself, or maybe he's not so popular after all. undecided

17 Likes

Re: Oyegun’s Tenure Elongation Can’t Stand, Says Edo APC Chairman by Iyajelili(f): 4:44pm On Mar 10, 2018
Hashimyussufamao:
.APC: AMALGAMATION OF PAST/PRESENT/POLITICAL CRIMINALS
Shuuuuuuuu this one strong o
Re: Oyegun’s Tenure Elongation Can’t Stand, Says Edo APC Chairman by olril17(m): 4:50pm On Mar 10, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Oyegun’s Tenure Elongation Can’t Stand, Says Edo APC Chairman by powerkey: 5:08pm On Mar 10, 2018
APC IS A FAILED PARTY..... SIMPLY,GROUP OF JIHADISTS..

1 Like

Re: Oyegun’s Tenure Elongation Can’t Stand, Says Edo APC Chairman by Firstpage: 5:16pm On Mar 10, 2018
OfficialAwol:

I didn't see a single mention of Tinubu in the write up but igbo losers must be happy to shout the name of their master Tinubu.
stephleena:
oyegun,the new jagaban of APC..Wailer's forms are off the market ask sarrki.
tinubu should,pls enjoy his "reconciliation" job
.NWA boy
DeviIhimself:

Tinubu is a bastard drug dealing vagabond - sarrki

8 Likes

Re: Oyegun’s Tenure Elongation Can’t Stand, Says Edo APC Chairman by honestivo(m): 5:47pm On Mar 10, 2018
This party is really suffering from leadership problems and this is also reflecting in the country

1 Like

Re: Oyegun’s Tenure Elongation Can’t Stand, Says Edo APC Chairman by SirBunky85(m): 8:50pm On Mar 10, 2018
afroniger:
Seems Oyegun's own state chairman doesn't support his tenure extension. undecided
oyegun has never been a heavyweight in politics dats why he's clinging on d chairmanship seat cuz,if he is removed and APC fails at d federal level,he's as good as a nobody both in Edo and nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Oyegun’s Tenure Elongation Can’t Stand, Says Edo APC Chairman by SirBunky85(m): 8:56pm On Mar 10, 2018
OfficialAwol:

u fuuny,I just wish pmb refuses to recontest.den,u will know dat oyegun is inconsequential in d scheme of things even in Edo state let alone Nigeria.oyegun knows dat once he's removed as d chairman,he becomes a nobody says why he's bn running from pillar to post begging d NEC and nwc to save his ass.love tinubu or hate him,he will continue to be relevant and will continue to enjoy large followership whether APC wins d presidential election or not.even PDP will do anything to have tinubu join dem

3 Likes

Re: Oyegun’s Tenure Elongation Can’t Stand, Says Edo APC Chairman by unitysheart(m): 10:24pm On Mar 10, 2018
Nonsense politicians.
Re: Oyegun’s Tenure Elongation Can’t Stand, Says Edo APC Chairman by Nasir123(m): 10:43pm On Mar 10, 2018
"He stated that no decision was reached at the NEC meeting for tenure elongation and explained that state chairmen of the party supported it because they were beneficiaries"

Ordinary party constitution, people want to submerge for personal benefits. Na wao!
This country is so full of greedy people.

Those of you shouting Tinubu/Oyegun better stop that nonsense angry

Wake up Nigerians.
Re: Oyegun’s Tenure Elongation Can’t Stand, Says Edo APC Chairman by Dsov2016: 11:52pm On Mar 10, 2018
Mr egiarwu see ur self. even at state level u no heat not to talk of ward level.no wonder he was in BC for ordinary lg rally

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Court Voids NASS Attempt To Alter Election Sequence / Wike Gets Tinubu's Approval To Purchase Device To Track Kidnappers / WTO Nominee, Okonjo-Iweala, Says She Has “Strong Support” From Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.