Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,489 members, 7,812,523 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Religion Is An Opium To Those Who Fall Into It! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Is An Opium To Those Who Fall Into It! (4568 Views)

Why Christians Fall Into Sexual Temptations / Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are / Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Is An Opium To Those Who Fall Into It! by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 16, 2018
live4dgospel:

Finally you have fulfilled the mandate of your master the Devil! I wish you would know the Scriptures well. Do you know why God destroyed the tower of Babel? It's because the people tried to unite against the will of God. God commanded man to multiply and fill the earth but people tried to build the Babel to live together in harmony. When mankind unite they will certainly stand against the Almighty God. Christ told us that the world will hate us for His name's sake, do you then want the world to love us for Christ's sake? Impossible! Apostles and the early church suffered the same rejection and were martyred for Christ's sake.

a lot of Christians are very funny people,someone was said that the problem with Christianity is that Christians don't regard the bible to mean what it(the bible) says but to say what he(the Christian) means.
what the bible said about the tower of babel is that Yahweh thought that if he allowed them continue they would be able to build a to were that would reach heaven,hence he disorganized them,of course this doesn't seem fair so Christians concoct another reason to satisfy themselves,and that is that the Babel people were going against Yahweh's command to multiply the earth
This is ludicrous
Re: Religion Is An Opium To Those Who Fall Into It! by budaatum: 8:27pm On Mar 16, 2018
live4dgospel:
To believe in a religion called Christianity, one has to believe even more, strive more, serve more, live more virtuously, and sin no more. It entails an endless series of more and more requirements, suffocating its followers till they are dead. If one is virtuous, he has to be even more virtuous, and when he becomes more virtuous, he still has to be more virtuous than this; and so mankind strives ceaselessly to reach perfection, only to die without reaching it. The same phenomenon is found in the religion called Christianity.
One day, while having a shower, the shower head said, "buda, you are a perfectionist".
"Me?", said buda, "No I'm not a perfectionist!"
And the shower head adopted a look of pity as it continued to shower warm cleansing water upon buda.
After a while, buda relented and asked, "Okay, tell me when I've ever done anything perfectly".
"Exactly", said the shower head, "Perfectionists never do anything. They are too busy striving for perfection".
And that was the day buda began to love buda for what buda is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion Is An Opium To Those Who Fall Into It! by budaatum: 8:48pm On Mar 16, 2018
live4dgospel:

Christ told us that the world will hate us for His name's sake, do you then want the world to love us for Christ's sake? Impossible!
Really? So, the world can't love you for Christ's sake? Says much about what sort of Christ follower one is, won't you think? Perhaps the sort who gives out serpents when asked for bread perhaps. No one in their right minds would like that sort, even if they claimed to be Christ himself, not to talk of for his sake. Perhaps that's why some will gnash their teeth in Christ's name!

Not many hate the Christ follower who loves their neighbours, as opposed to the pompous types who think they are saved already whom most of us can't stand! Perhaps some need to reconsider what Christ meant up there.
Re: Religion Is An Opium To Those Who Fall Into It! by live4dgospel(m): 9:00pm On Mar 16, 2018
darkchild64:

a lot of Christians are very funny people,someone was said that the problem with Christianity is that Christians don't regard the bible to mean what it(the bible) says but to say what he(the Christian) means.
what the bible said about the tower of babel is that Yahweh thought that if he allowed them continue they would be able to build a to were that would reach heaven,hence he disorganized them,of course this doesn't seem fair so Christians concoct another reason to satisfy themselves,and that is that the Babel people were going against Yahweh's command to multiply the earth
This is ludicrous
You are simply ignorant! Are you then implying that God is jealous of mankind ability to build a tower that will reach heaven? Do you even know how far heaven is? Could men ever do that? No! Maybe try to inquire from astronomers! Even today despite the mankind technological advancement, they cannot build a rocket that will reach the millions of stars in outer space, let alone heaven! If God had allowed them to continue they would only end up being destroyed in the process of building the tower. I mean the tower itself will eventually collapse and destroy them. Is God not merciful and wise? I repeat, the purpose behind the building of tower of Babel to reach heaven was for them to unite and stand against the will of God to multiply and fill the earth. And I will remind you once more, when mankind unite they will certainly stand against God. In the future, the world will unite only to martyr the saints of God.
Re: Religion Is An Opium To Those Who Fall Into It! by live4dgospel(m): 4:12pm On Jun 19, 2018
efizy08:
How i wish i could read this.....Buh this trash post is already making eye to pain me
Read this if you can http://www.bjnewlife.org/english/bstudy/sermons_173_matthew.php
Re: Religion Is An Opium To Those Who Fall Into It! by budaatum: 4:56pm On Jun 19, 2018
live4dgospel:

For instance after the Second Vatican Council (1962-1965) Catholic Church declared "Salvation can be found outside the church".
I don't think you quite understand what was said up there, and its rather comical, and unfortunate.

The notion prior to the Second Vatican Council was that the Catholic Church was "the Church", and any other church (Protestants, Greek Orthodox, etc) were not "Church", and those who went their seeking salvation would end up in hell.

Pope John XXIII said that it was time to "open the windows [of the Church] and let in some fresh air." He in effect admitted that salvation was not only through the Catholic Church and that Pentecostals and other Church goers may go to heaven too. It was also decided that mass may be said in the vernacular, thereby removing the veil of ignorance and superiority of the priests. And that, was amongst many other beneficial reforms that came out of that Council.

I think it is a pity that you would twist what was actually a good thing in order to promote your narrow view!
Re: Religion Is An Opium To Those Who Fall Into It! by budaatum: 5:06pm On Jun 19, 2018
live4dgospel:

And I will remind you once more, when mankind unite they will certainly stand against God. In the future, the world will unite only to martyr the saints of God.
You will remind us that when we all get on we will stand against God and martyr the saints? Guess that's that then. And it explains a lot about some people on here. Let's just all be enemies and tear each other apart so we don't kill God!

I do wonder what ungodly gospel you've been reading! Have you got chapter and verse for this hatred you're promoting? In the version I got is something about a new Jerusalem where the lion and the lamb are friends, and don't even eat each other, not to talk of eating God.
Re: Religion Is An Opium To Those Who Fall Into It! by Hakeem12(m): 5:11pm On Jun 19, 2018
[font=lucida][b][I]Adults with imaginary friends are stupid and should be flogged. Religion was crafted by some who couldn't face the ultimate reality of death. Who believe they are going to a place where the river flows with milk and wine. Adults who talk about hell as if they were born and raised there. Religion is like a penis. It's fine to have one and be proud of it. But please don't whip it out in public and try to shove it down people's throat.

1 Like

Re: Religion Is An Opium To Those Who Fall Into It! by Hakeem12(m): 5:12pm On Jun 19, 2018
Adults with imaginary friends are stupid and should be flogged. Religion was crafted by some who couldn't face the ultimate reality of death. Who believe they are going to a place where the river flows with milk and wine. Adults who talk about hell as if they were born and raised there. Religion is like a penis. It's fine to have one and be proud of it. But please don't whip it out in public and try to shove it down people's throat.

1 Like

Re: Religion Is An Opium To Those Who Fall Into It! by sKeetz(m): 5:22pm On Jun 19, 2018
Op is like every theist; they employ every logic twisting trick in the books in order to dignify their own Version of delusion but end up sounding stupid.

5 Likes

Re: Religion Is An Opium To Those Who Fall Into It! by sonmvayina(m): 5:51pm On Jun 19, 2018
The two demonic religions in the world is Christianity and Islam... All they have done is elevate the devil to a dual opposite of God.. Made the devil independent of God with a will outside of the will of God...
OP Please the devil or Satan is part of God.. He does only what God has approved for him to do. Whatever power the devil has, was given to him by God, and it must be used within and according to the will of God...
Any other thing is making mockery of God, as you are insinuating that God cannot control his creation.. The Romans created jesus for that purpose : to make mockery of God and fulfil Daniel 7:25..as an insult against God almighty..

The messiah the Jewish prophet wrote about is coming to rule in a peaceful world.. It has not happened and they are still waiting.. Stop worshipping a man as God, it is idolatry..

1 Like

Re: Religion Is An Opium To Those Who Fall Into It! by live4dgospel(m): 9:10am On Jun 20, 2018
budaatum:

I don't think you quite understand what was said up there, and its rather comical, and unfortunate.

The notion prior to the Second Vatican Council was that the Catholic Church was "the Church", and any other church (Protestants, Greek Orthodox, etc) were not "Church", and those who went their seeking salvation would end up in hell.

Pope John XXIII said that it was time to "open the windows [of the Church] and let in some fresh air." He in effect admitted that salvation was not only through the Catholic Church and that Pentecostals and other Church goers may go to heaven too. It was also decided that mass may be said in the vernacular, thereby removing the veil of ignorance and superiority of the priests. And that, was amongst many other beneficial reforms that came out of that Council.

I think it is a pity that you would twist what was actually a good thing in order to promote your narrow view!
This is an excerpt from Wikipedia on Nostra Aetate

Nostra aetate

Introduction
Hindus, Buddhists, and other religions
Muslims
Jews
Conclusion
Interfaith Dialogue
The Declaration begins by describing the unity of the origin of all people, and the fact that they all return to God; hence their final goal is also one. It describes the eternal questions which have dogged men since the beginning, and how the various religious traditions have tried to answer them.

It mentions some of the answers that some Hindus, Buddhists, and members of other faiths have suggested for such philosophical questions. It notes the willingness of the Catholic Church to accept some truths present in other religions in so much as they reflect Catholic teaching and may lead souls to Christ.

Part three goes on to say that the Catholic Church regards the Muslims with esteem, and then continues by describing some of the things Islam has in common with Christianity and Catholicism: worship of One God, the Creator of Heaven and Earth, Merciful and Omnipotent, Who has spoken to men; the Muslims' respect for Abraham and Mary, and the great respect they have for Jesus, whom they consider to be a Prophet and not God. The synod urged all Catholics and Muslims to forget the hostilities and differences of the past and to work together for mutual understanding and benefit.

Part four speaks of the bond that ties the people of the 'New Covenant' (Christians) to Abraham's stock (Jews). It states that even though some Jewish authorities and those who followed them called for Jesus' death, the blame for this cannot be laid at the door of all those Jews present at that time, nor can the Jews in our time be held as guilty, thus repudiating an indiscriminate charge of Jewish deicide; 'the Jews should not be presented as rejected or accursed by God'. The Declaration also decries all displays of antisemitism made at any time by anyone.

The Church keeps ever in mind the words of the Apostle about his kinsmen: "theirs is the sonship and the glory and the covenants and the law and the worship and the promises; theirs are the fathers and from them is the Christ according to the flesh" (Rom. 9:4–5), the Son of the Virgin Mary. She also recalls that the Apostles, the Church's main-stay and pillars, as well as most of the early disciples who proclaimed Christ's Gospel to the world, sprang from the Jewish people.

True, the Jewish authorities and those who followed their lead pressed for the death of Christ; still, what happened in His passion cannot be charged against all the Jews, without distinction, then alive, nor against the Jews of today. The Jews should not be presented as rejected or accursed by God, as if this followed from the Holy Scriptures. All should see to it, then, that in catechetical work or in the preaching of the word of God they do not teach anything that does not conform to the truth of the Gospel and the spirit of Christ. Furthermore, in her rejection of every persecution against any man, the Church, mindful of the patrimony she shares with the Jews and moved not by political reasons but by the Gospel's spiritual love, decries hatred, persecutions, displays of anti-Semitism, directed against Jews at any time and by anyone.

The fifth part states that all men are created in God's image, and that it is contrary to the mind of Christ to discriminate against, show hatred towards or harass any person or people on the basis of colour, race, religion, and condition of life.
Re: Religion Is An Opium To Those Who Fall Into It! by live4dgospel(m): 9:20am On Jun 20, 2018
budaatum:

You will remind us that when we all get on we will stand against God and martyr the saints? Guess that's that then. And it explains a lot about some people on here. Let's just all be enemies and tear each other apart so we don't kill God!

I do wonder what ungodly gospel you've been reading! Have you got chapter and verse for this hatred you're promoting? In the version I got is something about a new Jerusalem where the lion and the lamb are friends, and don't even eat each other, not to talk of eating God.
Don't challenge me further rather challenge the word of God:

“If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you".(John 15:18-19)

"And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved."(Matthew 10:22)

Who is contradicting the Scriptures between you and I?
Re: Religion Is An Opium To Those Who Fall Into It! by budaatum: 9:48am On Jun 20, 2018
As I said, a good thing. It does reduce the animosity and hatred between the different religions.

live4dgospel:

This is an excerpt from Wikipedia on Nostra Aetate

Nostra aetate

Introduction
Hindus, Buddhists, and other religions
Muslims
Jews
Conclusion
Interfaith Dialogue
The Declaration begins by describing the unity of the origin of all people, and the fact that they all return to God; hence their final goal is also one. It describes the eternal questions which have dogged men since the beginning, and how the various religious traditions have tried to answer them.

It mentions some of the answers that some Hindus, Buddhists, and members of other faiths have suggested for such philosophical questions. It notes the willingness of the Catholic Church to accept some truths present in other religions in so much as they reflect Catholic teaching and may lead souls to Christ.

Part three goes on to say that the Catholic Church regards the Muslims with esteem, and then continues by describing some of the things Islam has in common with Christianity and Catholicism: worship of One God, the Creator of Heaven and Earth, Merciful and Omnipotent, Who has spoken to men; the Muslims' respect for Abraham and Mary, and the great respect they have for Jesus, whom they consider to be a Prophet and not God. The synod urged all Catholics and Muslims to forget the hostilities and differences of the past and to work together for mutual understanding and benefit.

Part four speaks of the bond that ties the people of the 'New Covenant' (Christians) to Abraham's stock (Jews). It states that even though some Jewish authorities and those who followed them called for Jesus' death, the blame for this cannot be laid at the door of all those Jews present at that time, nor can the Jews in our time be held as guilty, thus repudiating an indiscriminate charge of Jewish deicide; 'the Jews should not be presented as rejected or accursed by God'. The Declaration also decries all displays of antisemitism made at any time by anyone.

The Church keeps ever in mind the words of the Apostle about his kinsmen: "theirs is the sonship and the glory and the covenants and the law and the worship and the promises; theirs are the fathers and from them is the Christ according to the flesh" (Rom. 9:4–5), the Son of the Virgin Mary. She also recalls that the Apostles, the Church's main-stay and pillars, as well as most of the early disciples who proclaimed Christ's Gospel to the world, sprang from the Jewish people.

True, the Jewish authorities and those who followed their lead pressed for the death of Christ; still, what happened in His passion cannot be charged against all the Jews, without distinction, then alive, nor against the Jews of today. The Jews should not be presented as rejected or accursed by God, as if this followed from the Holy Scriptures. All should see to it, then, that in catechetical work or in the preaching of the word of God they do not teach anything that does not conform to the truth of the Gospel and the spirit of Christ. Furthermore, in her rejection of every persecution against any man, the Church, mindful of the patrimony she shares with the Jews and moved not by political reasons but by the Gospel's spiritual love, decries hatred, persecutions, displays of anti-Semitism, directed against Jews at any time and by anyone.

The fifth part states that all men are created in God's image, and that it is contrary to the mind of Christ to discriminate against, show hatred towards or harass any person or people on the basis of colour, race, religion, and condition of life.
Re: Religion Is An Opium To Those Who Fall Into It! by budaatum: 10:22am On Jun 20, 2018
First, I challenge you, for I see no word of gods before me. We can make it the Word of God though, by breathing holiness into it. But it is mere words until that is done. So, let me go first.

I have heard it said that "Jesus is love" . It's a silly phrase if you asked me, but the sentiment is rather obvious, "if it is not love, it is not Christ". So I assume that a follower of Christ should exude love. Now, why would a person who exudes love be hated? Should the first question not be "Have I done something to make people hate me?"

Here's how Luke put it:

Blessed are you when people hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man.

“Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their ancestors treated the prophets.

Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

Yes, it sounds like the more hated one is, the greater is one's reward. But I am most certain that isn't what is meant, though that view is common amongst some.

The verses quoted were not asking the disciples to be hated, but that they should endure, and not to be afraid of the task at hand. And there is nothing in the entire book that claims if people get on with one another, they will kill God - least not as far as I can recall.

live4dgospel:

Don't challenge me further rather challenge the word of God:

“If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you".(John 15:18-19)

"And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved."(Matthew 10:22)

Who is contradicting the Scriptures between you and I?
Re: Religion Is An Opium To Those Who Fall Into It! by tartar9(m): 12:50pm On Jun 20, 2018
The OP seems to be on drugs....the physical and real one.

1 Like

Re: Religion Is An Opium To Those Who Fall Into It! by Ubenedictus(m): 7:08pm On Jun 20, 2018
live4dgospel:

Since you believe that salvation cannot be found outside Christianity, it is just the conclusion of the matter. But to you it is a religion but for us it's faith in the Word of God. Satan introduced religions so as to give men this option "They are all religions so choose the one you will follow", this is a trick of the Devil you still remain ignorant of.

faith in the word of God is still defined as religion.

Christianity is not like others that is correct, but it is still a religion
Re: Religion Is An Opium To Those Who Fall Into It! by sonmvayina(m): 7:21pm On Jun 20, 2018
Yea... Not like the rest, it is rebounded roman paganism, still the same worship of mother and son... Got nothing to do with the worship if the creator of all. Who is not a man or human being.

1 Like

Re: Religion Is An Opium To Those Who Fall Into It! by sonmvayina(m): 7:25pm On Jun 20, 2018
Ubenedictus:

faith in the word of God is still defined as religion.

Christianity is not like others that is correct, but it is still a religion

Yea... Not like the rest, it is rebranded roman paganism, still the same worship of mother and son... Got nothing to do with the worship if the creator of all. Who is not a man or human being.
Re: Religion Is An Opium To Those Who Fall Into It! by live4dgospel(m): 3:12pm On Jun 24, 2018
efizy08:
How i wish i could read this.....Buh this trash post is already making eye to pain me
Because your expectations are those of atheists.
Re: Religion Is An Opium To Those Who Fall Into It! by orisa37: 3:19pm On Jun 24, 2018
Gibberish.
Re: Religion Is An Opium To Those Who Fall Into It! by live4dgospel(m): 8:19am On Sep 07, 2018
Re: Religion Is An Opium To Those Who Fall Into It! by live4dgospel(m): 6:27pm On Oct 05, 2018
Pseudos and Heretics within Christianity
http://www.bjnewlife.org/english/bstudy/sermons_51.php

1 Like

Re: Religion Is An Opium To Those Who Fall Into It! by live4dgospel(m): 6:12pm On Nov 04, 2018

1 Like

Re: Religion Is An Opium To Those Who Fall Into It! by live4dgospel(m): 8:41am On Nov 08, 2018
Believe so that the Holy Spirit dwells in you
http://www.bjnewlife.org/english/bstudy/sermons_107_holyspirit.php
Re: Religion Is An Opium To Those Who Fall Into It! by live4dgospel(m): 1:52pm On Nov 20, 2018
Whoever is thirsty can drink the living water today knowing and believing in the beautiful gospel of the water and the Spirit. Visit www.bjnewlife.org to order for printed books and eBook for free and as well go through some Bible studies dealing on key scriptural issues.
Re: Religion Is An Opium To Those Who Fall Into It! by live4dgospel(m): 8:42am On Nov 26, 2018
For free books and ebooks on the gospel of the water and the Spirit please go to www.bjnewlife.org
Re: Religion Is An Opium To Those Who Fall Into It! by live4dgospel(m): 10:16am On Dec 09, 2018
Re: Religion Is An Opium To Those Who Fall Into It! by live4dgospel(m): 8:34pm On Dec 15, 2018
Re: Religion Is An Opium To Those Who Fall Into It! by live4dgospel(m): 5:56pm On Jan 12, 2019
The gospel of the water and the Spirit is the only gospel that Christ has given us mankind. All human beings must know this beautiful gospel that has power to wash away sins. Visit www.bjnewlife.org or call 08135683431 for free books and ebooks.
Re: Religion Is An Opium To Those Who Fall Into It! by live4dgospel(m): 1:53pm On Feb 03, 2019
For free books and eBooks go to www.bjnewlife.org
Re: Religion Is An Opium To Those Who Fall Into It! by live4dgospel(m): 2:51pm On May 18, 2019
Here's a brief description of the gospel of the water and the Spirit as it is written in the Bible. I have written much on the gospel of the Spirit God, anyone who is willing to listen should visit my profile and read the topics.

It is written in (John 3:5)
"Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God."
Again in (1 John 5:6)
"This is He who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ; not only by water, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth."

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

It Started With Sex An Eating In D Dream. Now My Health Is In Chaos / Is Television Evangelism By Force? / A Strange Image That Was Inadvertently Caught On Camera In Benin Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.