Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,468 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story (34803 Views)

How To Use Your Phone As DSTV Remote Control Or Replacement / When Last Did You Use Your BBM (Blackberry Messenger)? / Why You Should Use Only The Left Ear To Answer Phone Calls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by hollywater: 11:04am On Mar 11, 2018
Rapsino:
On a fateful friday i entered a train from a metro station actually heading to Ajman from Dubai. I was in a hurry to get off the train and enter a bus going to my destination and unknown to me my wallet dropped off. It was when I want to get a bus ticket I noticed my wallet was nowhere to be found.
I was mad cos my money and IDs card are all in my wallet. I was helpless cos I am new here and know nobody, the slogan here in Dubai is always "nothing is free in Dubai ". Cut all story short I reached home from a divine helper but without my wallet.
The next morning not feeling happy I logged on to my Facebook account only to find a message asking if I lost my wallet. I replied and that was how I actually got my wallet.
What really happened was that the lady saw my wallet and going through my ID she searched for my name on Facebook and seeing that my pic is the same as my ID pic, she sent me a message to confirm.
I know if I didn't use my real names on Facebook my wallet would have been dead and buried, although the money was not there but my vital IDs and sims are intact.
Mods please share for people to learn. Thanks.
Is not about you using your real name. Your wallet was found by a good person. If not,as soon as the money was no longer there,your wallet next destination is Dustbin.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by yemi15(m): 11:05am On Mar 11, 2018
Rapsino:
On a fateful friday i entered a train from a metro station actually heading to Ajman from Dubai. I was in a hurry to get off the train and enter a bus going to my destination and unknown to me my wallet dropped off. It was when I want to get a bus ticket I noticed my wallet was nowhere to be found.
I was mad cos my money and IDs card are all in my wallet. I was helpless cos I am new here and know nobody, the slogan here in Dubai is always "nothing is free in Dubai ". Cut all story short I reached home from a divine helper but without my wallet.
The next morning not feeling happy I logged on to my Facebook account only to find a message asking if I lost my wallet. I replied and that was how I actually got my wallet.
What really happened was that the lady saw my wallet and going through my ID she searched for my name on Facebook and seeing that my pic is the same as my ID pic, she sent me a message to confirm.
I know if I didn't use my real names on Facebook my wallet would have been dead and buried, although the money was not there but my vital IDs and sims are intact.

Slayqueenz and frosh guys will not like this message lol cheesy

Op, thank your stars, you are in a country where people still have integrity unlike a shithole country you are from!
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by yemi15(m): 11:06am On Mar 11, 2018
maasoap:
Well, many people used their real name but the spelling is something else.
grin
maasoap:

The h crew abi?

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by DNA9(m): 11:10am On Mar 11, 2018
InternetGenius:

Lemme ask you something... Are you people friends on Facebook already? Because you said she messaged you, without being friends on Facebook even if someone message you hmm if u are not genius wise like me you can't see the message.

You sounding like u jst started using Fb. There is wat we call message request.. Mr. Professional genius

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by Valentinejr(m): 11:10am On Mar 11, 2018
6 Lucrative and Common Work from Home Jobs for Any Unemployed

Read here: http://www.weusenaira.com/6-lucrative-work-home-jobs-unemployed/

Feel free to share

Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by DNA9(m): 11:11am On Mar 11, 2018
Sugarcious:
A message request will appear first then when u accept the request you'll see the message. Hope u understand?

Leave the village boy...make e d feel him village self.
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by EmekaBlue(m): 11:15am On Mar 11, 2018
My friend u were just lucky...Still could have gone d other way
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by Adadioranma79(f): 11:15am On Mar 11, 2018
Not true, you ll definitely see the message but it ll come as a request and a notification saying the sender isn't in your contact
InternetGenius:

Lemme ask you something... Are you people friends on Facebook already? Because you said she messaged you, without being friends on Facebook even if someone message you hmm if u are not genius wise like me you can't see the message.
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by Toks2008(m): 11:15am On Mar 11, 2018
Rapsino:

This is why i am 100% transparent in a faceless world because im too clean to start hiding pics or real names..though i have learned something from your experience cos my facebook name is slightly different from my main name not because of anything else but i have not officially changed from Kadiri to Olatokunbo.

Most people who hide identity online are sinister in their ways..quote me anywhere

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by Adadioranma79(f): 11:18am On Mar 11, 2018
Only immature and low self esteemed peeps post expensive lifestyles on facebook, 50% of such pics are with borrowed items too
ad84ada:

A buddy of mine got kidnapped in port Harcourt(random kidnap) and the first thing the kidnappers did was to check their profile on Facebook to evaluate how much they will charge for their release.
Anyone related to any politician is to be killed because the kidnappers are angry at politicians who used and abandoned them.
It was hell for the ones who used their real names and also have pictures of expensive lifestyles.

So OP
It doesn't work in every situation.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by 1realBobby(m): 11:19am On Mar 11, 2018
my cousin sent me a request the other day, I Didn't accept because I never knew it was her... imagine the name.. ' dhat cute bae called totoranking'
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by Sike(m): 11:19am On Mar 11, 2018
INSIGHTFUL
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by Adadioranma79(f): 11:20am On Mar 11, 2018
Huh
Shukusheka:
They choose to reveal their identity. Nairaland was created so can have an online character or personae without revealing your real identity.
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by mcgift(m): 11:20am On Mar 11, 2018
wow the girl try for going through such stress searching for you on Fb
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by Adadioranma79(f): 11:21am On Mar 11, 2018
Prevent am na, wen next you lose your wallet or something more important, you go go find am all by yourself
Rapsino:

We r not friends at all.. That's what surprised me cos she can access my pic. I think there is a way to prevent that right?
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by IAmAmbrose(m): 11:22am On Mar 11, 2018
Yuh mom's at home praying for God to bless Chiamankpa Chinanuekpere Godwin... And you are on Facebook answering Mhizz strawberry la diva pwincess... Yet You are complaining God don't want to bless you... My dear the angel wey carry yuh blessing don find you taya

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by GhanaMustGoo: 11:30am On Mar 11, 2018
It cuts both ways. But all in all I think it best that u be the one who manages your image, your brand. If u use your real name, be EXTREMELY careful what u post.
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 11, 2018
LordVoldermort:

na so them be o, always the first to point out other people's mistakes grin
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by blowedfish: 11:37am On Mar 11, 2018
I would advise against having a Facebook account unless you have a brand to promote via social media.
You're more likely to lose your job due to the things you post/like/share than get one.
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by ayoman: 11:43am On Mar 11, 2018
metro between Ajman and Dubai does not exist unless you mean road transport
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 11, 2018
Rapsino:

Well almost 95% of ladies use fake names because they use social media platforms like facebook etc for olosho activity (prostitution)
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by GMbuharii: 11:47am On Mar 11, 2018
Thank God.
And thank God there aint no coneheads pickpockets there otherwise no story grin
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 11, 2018
Daviestunech:
Especially dose slay queens dat use those useless names like
WF ANNA WEALTH
WF WISE BABY
WF AYA SKUSHI ND SO ON undecided

Abeg what is the meaning of WF?
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by Nobody: 11:50am On Mar 11, 2018
InternetGenius:

You people will not kill somebody on this nairaland. I nu kwa. What are you saying?
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by tabtabtab: 11:52am On Mar 11, 2018
I guessed the so called lady compensated herself with the cash..like you said "nothing is free in dubai"
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by olayinkajnr(m): 11:53am On Mar 11, 2018
maasoap:

I know someone that lost a prospective job after scaling through all steps because he spelt his name as Horlaniyi instead of Olaniyi.

The onus is, no matter how much you preach to these set of people, they will never accept it's wrong.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by josef1(m): 11:53am On Mar 11, 2018
TonyBankz:
Ah as in eh,d tin taya me..im get d 1 i get her name lah..WF BARBIE BAHD GAL
WF OLORI KASH cheesy grin
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by goldbim(f): 11:54am On Mar 11, 2018
fiftynaira:
Goldbim where are you?
I've been around ,my e baby!how are you?its been a while. cool cool

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by olayinkajnr(m): 11:55am On Mar 11, 2018
InternetGenius:

Genius indeed.

Yes, you can message someone on Facebook even if you are not friends with them.

Message Request!!!

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by olayinkajnr(m): 11:57am On Mar 11, 2018
TonyBankz:
Ah as in eh,d tin taya me..im get d 1 i get her name lah..WF BARBIE BAHD GAL

I made sure I remove people with such name from my friendlist.

Na so you go see Itz Harnah Jorhnsson
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by refreshrate: 12:01pm On Mar 11, 2018
nazablossom:
Very important,.some will use their real name with wrong spelling. I saw somebody that bears kehinde but spelt it as kehined, I was like.... Another person that his name started with I used L instead. Facebook is not all about posting pictures but for easy identification using your real name, where you are from e.t.c.

Hormorlorlar
complete with phlegm
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by deewhydoski(m): 12:03pm On Mar 11, 2018
czarina:
I wish they listen! shocked

Check my signature if you live in Jos and environs cool
I live in jos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The power of Lumia 520 Lens / Pictures From BBNaija Housemates' Visit To TECNO Office In Lagos / Airtel December Surprise Package.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.