Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,897 members, 7,817,643 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story (34817 Views)

How To Use Your Phone As DSTV Remote Control Or Replacement / When Last Did You Use Your BBM (Blackberry Messenger)? / Why You Should Use Only The Left Ear To Answer Phone Calls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by czarina(f): 12:10pm On Mar 11, 2018
deewhydoski:

I live in jos
good to know...
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by mcdokwe(m): 12:14pm On Mar 11, 2018
InternetGenius:

Lemme ask you something... Are you people friends on Facebook already? Because you said she messaged you, without being friends on Facebook even if someone message you hmm if u are not genius wise like me you can't see the message.
that has changed now, Facebook would notify you
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by Nobody: 12:17pm On Mar 11, 2018
Ok, Hope All D Holubumi's And Hayobami's Would See Dis grin
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by dstar01(m): 12:17pm On Mar 11, 2018
Rapsino:
On a fateful friday i entered a train from a metro station actually heading to Ajman from Dubai. I was in a hurry to get off the train and enter a bus going to my destination and unknown to me my wallet dropped off. It was when I want to get a bus ticket I noticed my wallet was nowhere to be found.
I was mad cos my money and IDs card are all in my wallet. I was helpless cos I am new here and know nobody, the slogan here in Dubai is always "nothing is free in Dubai ". Cut all story short I reached home from a divine helper but without my wallet.
The next morning not feeling happy I logged on to my Facebook account only to find a message asking if I lost my wallet. I replied and that was how I actually got my wallet.
What really happened was that the lady saw my wallet and going through my ID she searched for my name on Facebook and seeing that my pic is the same as my ID pic, she sent me a message to confirm.
I know if I didn't use my real names on Facebook my wallet would have been dead and buried, although the money was not there but my vital IDs and sims are intact.
Mods please share for people to learn. Thanks.

me wey spell my name (Victor) as VHIKTOUR lipsrsealed
Rapsino:
On a fateful friday i entered a train from a metro station actually heading to Ajman from Dubai. I was in a hurry to get off the train and enter a bus going to my destination and unknown to me my wallet dropped off. It was when I want to get a bus ticket I noticed my wallet was nowhere to be found.
I was mad cos my money and IDs card are all in my wallet. I was helpless cos I am new here and know nobody, the slogan here in Dubai is always "nothing is free in Dubai ". Cut all story short I reached home from a divine helper but without my wallet.
The next morning not feeling happy I logged on to my Facebook account only to find a message asking if I lost my wallet. I replied and that was how I actually got my wallet.
What really happened was that the lady saw my wallet and going through my ID she searched for my name on Facebook and seeing that my pic is the same as my ID pic, she sent me a message to confirm.
I know if I didn't use my real names on Facebook my wallet would have been dead and buried, although the money was not there but my vital IDs and sims are intact.
Mods please share for people to learn. Thanks.

me wey spell my name (Victor) as VHIKTOUR
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by tosyne2much(m): 12:23pm On Mar 11, 2018
I hope people will learn.

I opened an account on an international platform few weeks ago and I was asked to provide my Facebook ID for verification.

Sometimes, social media is not a playground as you think. It's sometimes the first letter of recommendation
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by aspirebig: 12:24pm On Mar 11, 2018
You said "real name" but i think your "real picture" i mean your phototgraph is also impor as well.

There may be other people bearing that your name but your face is your identity even if you are a twin.

Supposing there is no FB account, your ids must have a phone number there to contact you with.
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by Aladeintl: 12:32pm On Mar 11, 2018
InternetGenius:

Lemme ask you something... Are you people friends on Facebook already? Because you said she messaged you, without being friends on Facebook even if someone message you hmm if u are not genius wise like me you can't see the message.
village genius.
You don't have to be friends to be able to chat on facebook.
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by nazablossom(f): 12:35pm On Mar 11, 2018
Deelaw:

Same way u used "nazablossom" to replace ur real name. Not even a pic on ur profile and u're already ranting against others undecided. So typical of a Nigerian I must say....."Do as I say not what I do"

Same applies to all other commentators though!...SMH
nairaland is quite different from facebook sir. Here people use moniker, it's hard to see people using their real name on nairaland because it serves different purpose
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by nazablossom(f): 12:37pm On Mar 11, 2018
Shukusheka:
Nairaland is not Facebook, both serve different purposes. Nairaland is an anonymous forum where you can contribute your opinions with revealing your identity; Facebook on the other hand is about revealing your identity and sharing your life thoughts and experience with others.
thank you
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by nazablossom(f): 12:37pm On Mar 11, 2018
refreshrate:

Hormorlorlar
complete with phlegm
na that one dey weak me pass

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by Artzdanielsz(m): 12:46pm On Mar 11, 2018
the campaign have already started,this is the second time im seeing this Facebook name stuff here.
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by tellwisdom: 1:01pm On Mar 11, 2018
ayoman:
metro between Ajman and Dubai does not exist unless you mean road transport

.Maybe he meant Union
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by vuc1(m): 1:01pm On Mar 11, 2018
Has both good and bad effects.
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by maasoap(m): 1:19pm On Mar 11, 2018
That3:
You don't used your real name on Facebook for security reason but you post everything you do from eating to pooping and even send request to anyone in skirts. You must be an Afonja.
SMH. If Oyinbo responds this now, you will be shouting racism.
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by maasoap(m): 1:21pm On Mar 11, 2018
Deelaw:

Same way u used "nazablossom" to replace ur real name. Not even a pic on ur profile and u're already ranting against others undecided. So typical of a Nigerian I must say....."Do as I say not what I do"

Same applies to all other commentators though!...SMH
Are you educated at all? After all these years on nairaland, you still need someone to tell you that nairaland is an anonymous forum. Wow!
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by UJIC(m): 1:28pm On Mar 11, 2018
tosyne2much:
I hope people will learn.

I opened an account on an international platform few weeks ago and I was asked to provide my Facebook ID for verification.

Sometimes, social media is not a playground as you think. It's sometimes the first letter of recommendation

What if you said you do not have any?
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by Lilcentt(f): 1:30pm On Mar 11, 2018
InternetGenius:

guy why? why must u disgrace your entire generation? why must u shoe the world that u r an illiterate?
don't you know that the message will come as a message request if u don't have each other as friends?
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by Slimfitgen(m): 1:31pm On Mar 11, 2018
InternetGenius:

You don't have to be friend with people on fb before you can message them!
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by UJIC(m): 1:32pm On Mar 11, 2018
olayinkajnr:

I know someone that lost a prospective job after scaling through all steps because he spelt his name as Horlaniyi instead of Olaniyi.

The onus is, no matter how much you preach to these set of people, they will never accept it's wrong.

On what grounds? Is the company that naive?
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by Acidosis(m): 1:34pm On Mar 11, 2018
Everybody must not be on Facebook/Social Media. Some people want a private life
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by tosyne2much(m): 1:35pm On Mar 11, 2018
UJIC:

What if you said you do not have any?
A social media account was requested for
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by tosyne2much(m): 1:38pm On Mar 11, 2018
Toks2008:

This is why i am 100% transparent in a faceless world because im too clean to start hiding pics or real names..though i have learned something from your experience cos my facebook name is slightly different from my main name not because of anything else but i have not officially changed from Kadiri to Olatokunbo.

Most people who hide identity online are sinister in their ways..quote me anywhere
It's true to some extent
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by Holywizard: 1:41pm On Mar 11, 2018
Nonsense!
The worst thing is that ur statement government is paying ur school fees via free education.
Chai Abokí.
How did u manage to create an account for yourself?
Oook! I get it. U went to a computer center and u paid a stipulated amount for them to create an account for u.

RIP English angry grin grin
BABANGBALI:
Did you tooked the girl out for lunch or dinner?
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by Delivar(m): 1:43pm On Mar 11, 2018
ad84ada:

A buddy of mine got kidnapped in port Harcourt(random kidnap) and the first thing the kidnappers did was to check their profile on Facebook to evaluate how much they will charge for their release.
Anyone related to any politician is to be killed because the kidnappers are angry at politicians who used and abandoned them.
It was hell for the ones who used their real names and also have pictures of expensive lifestyles.

So OP
It doesn't work in every situation.
But the benefits out-weighs whatever risks
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 11, 2018
NEVER, who knows how many enemies I got, in fact I use different names for all social media accounts, in which non of them can be traced backed to me,

if a good Samaritan picked up my wallet, their are numbers to call on my Id card, which they will contact me after receiving info from him. cheesy
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by fiftynaira(m): 2:08pm On Mar 11, 2018
goldbim:
I've been around ,my e baby!how are you?its been a while. cool cool

You shun me na
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by Nobody: 2:34pm On Mar 11, 2018
InternetGenius:

this shows that u are not an internet genius claim to be.

Someone had send me a message on facebook without us being friends
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by goldbim(f): 2:35pm On Mar 11, 2018
fiftynaira:

You shun me na
not at all,been a passive reader for a while now.nothing much to do here ..no vex..you know you are my number1 anytime na cheesy cheesy.take care of yourself,dear.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by oxiide22(m): 2:39pm On Mar 11, 2018
Hahaha! Lol
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by UJIC(m): 2:39pm On Mar 11, 2018
tosyne2much:
A social media account was requested for
For what?
Re: Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story by ad84ada(m): 2:40pm On Mar 11, 2018
Delivar:

But the benefits out-weighs whatever risks
Depends!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The power of Lumia 520 Lens / Pictures From BBNaija Housemates' Visit To TECNO Office In Lagos / Coronavirus: 4 Ways To Properly Sanitize And Clean Your Smartphones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.