Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,239 members, 7,815,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Man Contemplates Suicide As Wife Treats Him With So Much Contempt - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man Contemplates Suicide As Wife Treats Him With So Much Contempt (1549 Views)

Husband Helps Girlfriend Escape As Wife Unexpectedly Came Back Home / God Punish Poverty!…my Wife Treats Me Like A Slave / Lady Contemplates Suicide After Boyfriend Cheated On Her With Best Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Contemplates Suicide As Wife Treats Him With So Much Contempt by z11111: 6:57am On Mar 11, 2018
Hello Lively Stones,

I have a question for your platform readers. I know persons here would say fabricated stories but wait until it happens to you or someone close to you.

The question is: why is that once a man has got no money,their women dont love them anymore? ( not all women but MOST women)

This is the reason I ask the question:

Azubuike and I went to school together. He is a very intelligent,smart and hard working guy. It was no surprise that after school,he got a job at one of our country’s top manufacturing company. Azu grew in less than two years to management level in the company. He married his school sweetheart,Uche. Uche,a pretty lady was the apple of my friend’s eyes. Uche could do no wrong in Azu’s eyes. He would do anything for her. He would go any length,but her anything could buy. That was Azu. He was kind to everyone,very generous in giving to anyone who came to him for help. He rented a twin duplex in magodo and filled the house with such warmth and generosity.

About five years later,Azu was fired from his job. Someone actually framed him for fraud. Yes,he trusted too much as well. Being fired from work made Azu resort to an import and export business with the last N21million naira he had saved up from his job. Unfortunately,his imported good got seized by pirates on the high sea.

Azu became devastated. He didnt have any more money and thing became difficult for him and his family. They had to move into a smaller apartment in Ikorodu. Azu got about N40k and gave it to his wife,Uche to begin a business of selling second hand clothes. Azu also took up a job as a taxi driver with his car. Life was pretty difficult.

Azu was determined to work hard and get back on his feet no matter what it took.no matter the pain or disappointment. What he didn’t bargain for however was that his beloved wife whom he did everything for would turn against him.

It started with the wife whom he did everything for .......... http://livelystones.com.ng/man-contemplates-suicide-as-wife-treats-him-with-so-much-contempt/
Re: Man Contemplates Suicide As Wife Treats Him With So Much Contempt by DivinelyBlessed: 7:08am On Mar 11, 2018
Women Women Women

Why do women stop loving their man if he stops having money?

I need an answer from a real woman
Re: Man Contemplates Suicide As Wife Treats Him With So Much Contempt by Angelparadise: 7:13am On Mar 11, 2018
if a man finds a good wife he is complete, if a man finds a bad wife he is finished . if the good wife finds her husband with a bad concubine ,the man is completely finished but if a bad wife finds her husband with a good concubine he is finished completely.
It second nature of us women to be addicted to nice things that money can buy, just as is natural for man to be the head of the family.

2 Likes

Re: Man Contemplates Suicide As Wife Treats Him With So Much Contempt by Blakjewelry(m): 7:14am On Mar 11, 2018
The guy is just suffering from relationship dependency, why not quit instead
Re: Man Contemplates Suicide As Wife Treats Him With So Much Contempt by BossLaifay(f): 7:18am On Mar 11, 2018
DivinelyBlessed:
Women Women Women

I didn't complete the story above ('cause I didn't click the link) but in reality the man in the story right here is never the way the man turns out when he doesn't have money. This one sounds like an angel.

The self esteem of any man without money (or that had previously had and lost it) is crushed; is on the floor! As a result he begins to act up. His wife asking a simple question translates to an attack on his mind and he begins to interpret most of her actions as mockery!

His mentality becomes impaired and he takes it out on the nearest person he can find; his wife! You think any woman would be happy in that situation? Not only are u guys struggling but her husband takes many things she says out of context and lashes out at her? She is a human being as well who is also being affected also being affected....

Although I know some women are just mean! Majority of women in this situation (who truly loved their husband at one time or the other) are just misunderstood

2 Likes

Re: Man Contemplates Suicide As Wife Treats Him With So Much Contempt by DivinelyBlessed: 7:23am On Mar 11, 2018
BossLaifay:

I didn't complete the story above ('cause I didn't click the link) but in reality the man in the story right here is never the way the man turns out when he doesn't have money. This one sounds like an angel.

The self esteem of any man without money (or that had previously had and lost it) is crushed; is on the floor! As a result he begins to act up. His wife asking a simple question translates to an attack on his mind and he begins to interpret most of her actions as mockery!

His mentality becomes impaired and he takes it out on the nearest person he can find; his wife! You think any woman would be happy in that situation? Not only are u guys struggling but her husband takes many things she says out of context and lashes out at her? She is a human being as well who is also being affected also being affected....

Although I know some women are just mean! Majority of women in this situation (who truly loved their husband at one time or the other) are just misunderstood
Fair enough. But please click the link and finish the sory. Btw, I'm not the OP
Re: Man Contemplates Suicide As Wife Treats Him With So Much Contempt by liquidlove2018: 11:23am On Mar 11, 2018
Its really a very big issue ohhh.

Its very rare to see such lady who will stand with the hubby in hard times.

DivinelyBlessed:
Women Women Women

Re: Man Contemplates Suicide As Wife Treats Him With So Much Contempt by liquidlove2018: 11:24am On Mar 11, 2018
True talk .

Thats why Bible says he that findeth a (good) wife finds good thing.

Angelparadise:
if a man finds a good wife he is complete, if a man finds a bad wife he is finished . if the good wife finds her husband with a bad concubine ,the man is completely finished but if a bad wife finds her husband with a good concubine he is finished completely.
It second nature of us women to be addicted to nice things that money can buy, just as is natural for man to be the head of the family.
Re: Man Contemplates Suicide As Wife Treats Him With So Much Contempt by liquidlove2018: 11:26am On Mar 11, 2018
Suicide is never the best thought ohhh.

Does it mean,there was no sign during courtship ?

z11111:
Hello Lively Stones,

I have a question for your platform readers. I know persons here would say fabricated stories but wait until it happens to you or someone close to you.

The question is: why is that once a man has got no money,their women dont love them anymore? ( not all women but MOST women)

This is the reason I ask the question:

Azubuike and I went to school together. He is a very intelligent,smart and hard working guy. It was no surprise that after school,he got a job at one of our country’s top manufacturing company. Azu grew in less than two years to management level in the company. He married his school sweetheart,Uche. Uche,a pretty lady was the apple of my friend’s eyes. Uche could do no wrong in Azu’s eyes. He would do anything for her. He would go any length,but her anything could buy. That was Azu. He was kind to everyone,very generous in giving to anyone who came to him for help. He rented a twin duplex in magodo and filled the house with such warmth and generosity.

About five years later,Azu was fired from his job. Someone actually framed him for fraud. Yes,he trusted too much as well. Being fired from work made Azu resort to an import and export business with the last N21million naira he had saved up from his job. Unfortunately,his imported good got seized by pirates on the high sea.

Azu became devastated. He didnt have any more money and thing became difficult for him and his family. They had to move into a smaller apartment in Ikorodu. Azu got about N40k and gave it to his wife,Uche to begin a business of selling second hand clothes. Azu also took up a job as a taxi driver with his car. Life was pretty difficult.

Azu was determined to work hard and get back on his feet no matter what it took.no matter the pain or disappointment. What he didn’t bargain for however was that his beloved wife whom he did everything for would turn against him.

It started with the wife whom he did everything for .......... http://livelystones.com.ng/man-contemplates-suicide-as-wife-treats-him-with-so-much-contempt/

Re: Man Contemplates Suicide As Wife Treats Him With So Much Contempt by MissWrite(f): 12:18pm On Mar 11, 2018
The women who stop loving their husbands when they get broke, are the ones who loved them for their money in the first place. undecided

Let's not pretend that we don't know that a lot of men present their money as their only selling point (in their interaction with women). Even on this forum, guys talk about how unnecessary it is for a guy to build his character, his body, or skills, if he's got money. (Because they think that's the only thing women care about). And you know what they say: if you don't use it, you lose it. If they don't hone their other qualities that could make them attractive and useful to women, they reduce themselves to cash-cows of their own volition. And naturally, there will be women who need cash-cows, but those cows are only useful for cash.

Everyone cares about money; we all need it. Some people know how to get it, and some people don't. The next best thing (if you can't get it) is getting someone who knows how to get money. And for a long time, women have been relegated into the "next best" situation. Women married men for financial security. Love wasn't even a factor. But when love was expected, it was naturally equated with the desirability of a man. And his desirability was measured by his wealth. So that still equates love with money, in the eyes of a lot of women in Africa.

In those days, if a man's success was his wealth; a woman's success was a wealthy husband. And in this part of the world, we care a lot about what people think of us. Our motivation to be successful is greatly influenced by our neighbors and "enemies". We don't want our enemies to laugh at us. We don't want the devil to win in our lives. So we don't want the shame of poverty or a poor husband; it is not our portion. So even when a person isn't naturally mean, there is a lot of social pressure to reject the things that aren't prosperous, which tend to leave people wondering whether our "God" is alive. tongue

However, the guy should persevere. It's not the end of the world.

5 Likes

Re: Man Contemplates Suicide As Wife Treats Him With So Much Contempt by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 11, 2018
Angelparadise:
op this lady has answered ur question

1 Like

Re: Man Contemplates Suicide As Wife Treats Him With So Much Contempt by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 11, 2018
liquidlove2018:
Its really a very big issue ohhh.
Its very rare to see such lady who will stand with the hubby in hard times.
bro dem dey
Re: Man Contemplates Suicide As Wife Treats Him With So Much Contempt by Nobody: 12:34pm On Mar 11, 2018
I still wonder why men marry. We don't gain anything in marriages instead your lifespan and finances are cut short
Re: Man Contemplates Suicide As Wife Treats Him With So Much Contempt by liquidlove2018: 3:07pm On Mar 11, 2018
its true ,just that its a bit rare.

lefulefu:
bro dem dey
Re: Man Contemplates Suicide As Wife Treats Him With So Much Contempt by liquidlove2018: 3:09pm On Mar 11, 2018
Marriage is sweet if you marry the right lady.

its only when you marry from hell, the mans life becomes like hell too. loool

its same way with men too. some ladies marry bad husband.

its vice versa.

FVCKWOMEN:
I still wonder why men marry. We don't gain anything in marriages instead your lifespan and finances are cut short
Re: Man Contemplates Suicide As Wife Treats Him With So Much Contempt by liquidlove2018: 3:12pm On Mar 11, 2018
Nice writes up.

MissWrite:
The women who stop loving their husbands when they get broke, are the ones who loved them for their money in the first place. undecided

Let's not pretend that we don't know that a lot of men present their money as their only selling point (in their interaction with women). Even on this forum, guys talk about how unnecessary it is for a guy to build his character, his body, or skills, if he's got money. (Because they think that's the only thing women care about). And you know what they say: if you don't use it, you lose it. If they don't hone their other qualities that could make them attractive and useful to women, they reduce themselves to cash-cows of their own volition. And naturally, there will be women who need cash-cows, but those cows are only useful for cash.

Everyone cares about money; we all need it. Some people know how to get it, and some people don't. The next best thing (if you can't get it) is getting someone who knows how to get money. And for a long time, women have been relegated into the "next best" situation. Women married men for financial security. Love wasn't even a factor. But when love was expected, it was naturally equated with the desirability of a man. And his desirability was measured by his wealth. So that still equates love with money, in the eyes of a lot of women in Africa.

In those days, if a man's success was his wealth; a woman's success was a wealthy husband. And in this part of the world, we care a lot about what people think of us. Our motivation to be successful is greatly influenced by our neighbors and "enemies". We don't want our enemies to laugh at us. We don't want the devil to win in our lives. So we don't want the shame of poverty or a poor husband; it is not our portion. So even when a person isn't naturally mean, there is a lot of social pressure to reject the things that aren't prosperous, which tend to leave people wondering whether our "God" is alive. tongue

1 Like

Re: Man Contemplates Suicide As Wife Treats Him With So Much Contempt by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 11, 2018
liquidlove2018:

Marriage is sweet if you marry the right lady.

its only when you marry from hell, the mans life becomes like hell too. loool

its same way with men too. some ladies marry bad husband.

its vice versa.

Quite true but the likelihood of meeting the wrong woman nowadays is almost 98% not with all the rubbish ladies we have parading about
Re: Man Contemplates Suicide As Wife Treats Him With So Much Contempt by z11111: 6:20pm On Mar 11, 2018
Nah em be say ,no body go marry again ohhh.

Straight to the convent to become priest.

Loooool.

FVCKWOMEN:

Quite true but the likelihood of meeting the wrong woman nowadays is almost 98% not with all the rubbish ladies we have parading about
Re: Man Contemplates Suicide As Wife Treats Him With So Much Contempt by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 11, 2018
z11111:

Nah em be say ,no body go marry again ohhh.

Straight to the convent to become priest.

Loooool.

Yes oooooo cheesy The good women are long dead and buried. What's left now are chuwawas
Re: Man Contemplates Suicide As Wife Treats Him With So Much Contempt by Beke2020: 5:57pm On Mar 12, 2018
Woman & money are 5 & 6, a man who cannot effort to take care of his wife, will have some else take of her. Its a woman's nature. If am permitted to use that language
Re: Man Contemplates Suicide As Wife Treats Him With So Much Contempt by JONNYSPUTE(m): 6:48pm On Mar 12, 2018
The more reason men should be careful.Nothing like love on the path of we human beings. If you want to live long as a married man,always ve it in mind that your wife can betray you anytime,don't give ur heart to women. Live life as if everyday is ur last. Live for ur kids not for ur wife. Don't ever believe that some are good while some are bad. They are all the same just that they give problems in different ways. Men,men,men,you will be the greatest fool to die because of a woman.

1 Like

Re: Man Contemplates Suicide As Wife Treats Him With So Much Contempt by LordKO(m): 8:16pm On Mar 12, 2018
MissWrite:

Quite articulate. Kudos! However, articulacy is literally useless without competence - competence is the salt of every message and absence of it means presence of low IQ. Brilliance isn't enough.

I don't see the rational behind the following parochial nay erroneous postulations: "on this forum, guys talk about how unnecessary it is for a guy to build his character, his body, or skills, if he's got money." and "Women married men for financial security. Love wasn't even a factor."

Citing the first assertion in quote, you needn't to be told that generalization is a vice because it's a sign of mental parochialism and of course like I stated above, parochialism is a sign of low IQ - articulacy without competence is a manifestation of brilliance, with competence you have intelligence (even competence without articulacy equals to intelligence). Also, it's a vice for one to use personal standard as a yardstick on conventional matters, I mean, I have seen a conscientious lady that turned down marriage proposal from a beast of a man that's a multi-billionaire, therefore, the latter assertion in quote holds no water, it reeks of parochialism too.

I hold nothing against your person. And, of course, I don't do this on a normal day. Peace out.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Contemplates Suicide As Wife Treats Him With So Much Contempt by preciousluv2018: 8:26pm On Mar 12, 2018
But it is difficult to live with someone whom you don't truly love or care.

Two can't work together except they agree.

It's never a man's fault to love his wife neither a lady's fault to love her husband .

JONNYSPUTE:
The more reason men should be careful.Nothing like love on the path of we human beings. If you want to live long as a married man,always ve it in mind that your wife can betray you anytime,don't give ur heart to women. Live life as if everyday is ur last. Live for ur kids not for ur wife. Don't ever believe that some are good while some are bad. They are all the same just that they give problems in different ways. Men,men,men,you will be the greatest fool to die because of a woman.

1 Like

Re: Man Contemplates Suicide As Wife Treats Him With So Much Contempt by JONNYSPUTE(m): 8:34pm On Mar 12, 2018
preciousluv2018:
But it is difficult to live with someone whom you don't truly love or care.

Two can't work together except they agree.

It's never a man's fault to love his wife neither a lady's fault to love her husband .

. My dear,what most of us call or see as love is not anything near love. How can a woman claim to love a man and immediately things get rough for him,fiam! She starts sleeping around with other men,is that how to show love? Forget, people should use their brains this time around.

1 Like

Re: Man Contemplates Suicide As Wife Treats Him With So Much Contempt by preciousluv2018: 8:36pm On Mar 12, 2018
It's true shaaaa.

There is sense in what you said.

It does not show genuine love

JONNYSPUTE:
. My dear,what most of us call or see as love is not anything near love. How can a woman claim to love a man and immediately things get rough for him,fiam! She starts sleeping around with other men,is that how to show love? Forget, people should use their brains this time around.
Re: Man Contemplates Suicide As Wife Treats Him With So Much Contempt by roarik(f): 8:40pm On Mar 12, 2018
women and money b like 5 and 6... lipsrsealed
Re: Man Contemplates Suicide As Wife Treats Him With So Much Contempt by JONNYSPUTE(m): 8:41pm On Mar 12, 2018
preciousluv2018:
It's true shaaaa.

There is sense in what you said.

It does not show genuine love

. We are all trying to accommodate each other does not mean we love ourselves. Genuine love is hard to find this days.. Just get somebody you are comfortable with and move on.
Re: Man Contemplates Suicide As Wife Treats Him With So Much Contempt by preciousluv2018: 8:49pm On Mar 12, 2018
One we can tolerate his/,her character.

That's why marriage ehhhh, nah mature mind enter marriage

If couple had the advantage to reverse it , 98 % will reverse their marriage .

Seriously ,lots are having issues .

But what could have caused these things ?

JONNYSPUTE:
. We are all trying to accommodate each other does not mean we love ourselves. Genuine love is hard to find this days.. Just get somebody you are comfortable with and move on.
Re: Man Contemplates Suicide As Wife Treats Him With So Much Contempt by JONNYSPUTE(m): 9:04pm On Mar 12, 2018
preciousluv2018:
One we can tolerate his/,her character.

That's why marriage ehhhh, nah mature mind enter marriage

If couple had the advantage to reverse it , 98 % will reverse their marriage .

Seriously ,lots are having issues .

But what could have caused these things ?

. You so right. Lots of issues in marriage and that's why divorce is on the increase. The thing is that many people go into marriage without understanding the does and don'ts that are involved,coupled with this ideology of feminism that a lot of our ladies are clamouring for without understanding what it means. I will also make it clear that our father's,yes you heard me right,our father's failed in their duty,especially to the girl child. They left everything to their wife's to handle thereby not being able to teach or let their daughters and their sons know what and what to be expected in marriage. The women they left everything in charge, were too emotional and sentimental in their teachings which made people to believe that marriage is a bed of roses. So people go into marriage having that notion and when the reality of what they are into sets in,only the strong can survive it.
Re: Man Contemplates Suicide As Wife Treats Him With So Much Contempt by preciousluv2018: 9:12pm On Mar 12, 2018
Yes. It takes only the strong to survive the heat.

With high rate of infidelity on the rise.

It's now almost becoming a normal thing for people to cheat in their Union which is very bad.

Like you said ,most marry with out purpose , they just married for the sake of it.

God help us.

JONNYSPUTE:
. You so right. Lots of issues in marriage and that's why divorce is on the increase. The thing is that many people go into marriage without understanding the does and don'ts that are involved,coupled with this ideology of feminism that a lot of our ladies are clamouring for without understanding what it means. I will also make it clear that our father's,yes you heard me right,our father's failed in their duty,especially to the girl child. They left everything to their wife's to handle thereby not being able to teach or let their daughters and their sons know what and what to be expected in marriage. The women they left everything in charge, were too emotional and sentimental in their teachings which made people to believe that marriage is a bed of roses. So people go into marriage having that notion and when the reality of what they are into sets in,only the strong can survive it.
Re: Man Contemplates Suicide As Wife Treats Him With So Much Contempt by JONNYSPUTE(m): 9:14pm On Mar 12, 2018
preciousluv2018:

Yes. It takes only the strong to survive the heat.

With high rate of infidelity on the rise.

It's now almost becoming a normal thing for people to cheat in their Union which is very bad.

Like you said ,most marry with out purpose , they just married for the sake of it.

God help us.

. If you want to enjoy ur marriage,go closer to ur father,you will learn more
Re: Man Contemplates Suicide As Wife Treats Him With So Much Contempt by preciousluv2018: 9:31pm On Mar 12, 2018
What if ,it's a divorce father ?

It won't be all fathers nah coz some men too ,no d try as well.

There are cases where men beats their wives , alcoholic which also have a negative impart on the kids.

I read an article some months back ,that 90% of kids from divirced family will definitely get divorced.

JONNYSPUTE:
. If you want to enjoy ur marriage,go closer to ur father,you will learn more

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Ex Has Ever Said To You? / How Do You Turn On Your Gf/ Bf For Sex When They Give You Red Signal / Why I Want To Be A Sex Worker – Girl, 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.