Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,240 members, 7,829,439 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Igbo Language Going Into Extinction - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Language Going Into Extinction (2682 Views)

Toyin Ajinde Dies In Car Accident After Going Into Coma / Fulani Herdsmen Speaking Igbo Language. / Titi Abubakar Speaks Igbo Language As She Campaigns For Her Husband. See Re (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Language Going Into Extinction by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 11, 2018
The number of Igbo people dumping their language for others is increasingly becoming alarming. The new Yoruba law enacted by Lagos State Government will only further destroy the relevance of the Igbo language.
Already a lot of Igbo speak Yoruba and Hausa fluently while other tribes have never bothered to learn the Igbo language. If care is not taken Igbo language may be completely wiped out in the next twenty years.
Re: Igbo Language Going Into Extinction by izzou(m): 10:13am On Mar 11, 2018
Cry Cry baby

You had to create a thread because of this?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I'm very sure that even with the law, Yoruba, Igbos, Itsekiris, Hausas, Fulanis, et al will still appear on the admission list

Stop crying. Jamb is tomorrow.

I wish you success in your exam

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Language Going Into Extinction by MonPro: 10:15am On Mar 11, 2018
If Igbo is going into extinction why does Afonja brothers here in the East lament that Igbos keep speaking Igbo in offices, radio call-ins, universities etc.

Have you seen any child in Nnewi, Onitsha, Aba, Enugu who doesn't speak Igbo?

Your yoruba lamentations just dey start.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Language Going Into Extinction by Nobody: 10:15am On Mar 11, 2018
izzou:
Cry Cry baby

You had to create a thread because of this?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I'm very sure that even with the law, Yoruba, Igbos, Itsekiris, Hausas, Fulanis, et al will still appear on the admission list

Stop crying. Jamb is tomorrow.

I wish you success in your exam
Devise a means of helping Igbo language rather than offending your ancestors by abandoning the language.
Re: Igbo Language Going Into Extinction by Nobody: 10:22am On Mar 11, 2018
Instead of the fruitless ipob help your language from going into extinction
Re: Igbo Language Going Into Extinction by izzou(m): 10:24am On Mar 11, 2018
angels09:

Devise a means of helping Igbo language rather than offending your ancestors by abandoning the language.

I'm Igbos and I don't see what help they need

My kids are gonna learn Igbo,yoruba,efik Hausa coupled with other foreign languages like French, Spanish and German. I, their dad promises them that

So you can keep campaigning for people burn candles andlearn Yoruba just to get admission inLASU, while your mates are reading the relevant subjects and are getting admission into UNILAG

My neighbour's son is outside studying for tomorrow's exam. Pm me so I can hook both of you up and you both can study hard

grin

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Language Going Into Extinction by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 11, 2018
izzou:

I'm Igbos and I don't see what help they need

My kids are gonna learn Igbo,yoruba,efik Hausa coupled with other foreign languages like French, Spanish and German. I, their dad promises them that

So you can keep campaigning for people burn candles andlearn Yoruba just to get admission inLASU, while your mates are reading the relevant subjects and are getting admission into UNILAG

My neighbour's son is outside studying for tomorrow's exam. Pm me so I can hook both of you up and you both can study hard

grin
Hebrew language abi you're no longer the lost yoots of Israel? Ipobarecriminals
Re: Igbo Language Going Into Extinction by MonPro: 10:32am On Mar 11, 2018
angels09:

Why did you refuse to quote me. You dey fear? grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Language Going Into Extinction by highqueen(f): 10:33am On Mar 11, 2018
pained mofo

this should be directed to your afonja brothers little wonder your governor's are crying for your already lost language.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Language Going Into Extinction by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 11, 2018
MonPro:

Why did you refuse to quote me. You dey fear? grin
Who are you? Since you have invited yourself... answer the question about how to save the Igbo language
Re: Igbo Language Going Into Extinction by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 11, 2018
highqueen:
pained mofo

this should be directed to your afonja brothers little wonder your governor's are crying for your already lost language.
So you wanna dig dirty gutters this morning? It's high time you're married off to Oshogbo.
Re: Igbo Language Going Into Extinction by highqueen(f): 10:36am On Mar 11, 2018
angels09:
So you wanna dig dirty gutters this morning?
shut it..undecided
bend down and eat ewedu..jobless things in here undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Language Going Into Extinction by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 11, 2018
highqueen:

shut it..undecided

bend down and eat ewedu..jobless things in here undecided
Be careful I don't take prisoners. Now go and marshal a plan to save Igbo language before you're married off to Oshogbo.

Re: Igbo Language Going Into Extinction by MonPro: 10:41am On Mar 11, 2018
angels09:

Who are you? Since you have invited yourself... answer the question about how to save the Igbo language

Even your ewedu-filled skull knows it is not threatened. Every kid in the East can speak the language fluently. Igbo is even been taught in some US universitues.

In Unizik, UNN, FUTO and other state university speaking Igbo is officially acceptable no Professor will scold you for speaking Igbo.

Listen to popular radio stations like Odenigbo FM, Blaze FM, Sapentia FM heartland FM etc. 99% of the time they are speaking Igbo.
Imo, Anambra, Enugu Abia have made Igbo compulsory with 'Sukwaba Igbo' initiative even in government offices.

Even your Agbo-selling brothers and sisters residing in the East are fluent in the language, they have no choice. grin

How the language wan take die if not only in your ewedu skull? grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Language Going Into Extinction by Nobody: 10:43am On Mar 11, 2018
MonPro:

Even your ewedu-filled skull knows it is not threatened. Every kid in the East can speak the language fluently. Igbo is even been taught in some US universitues.

In Unizik, UNN, FUTO and other state university speaking Igbo is officially acceptable no Professor will scold you for speaking Igbo.

Listen to popular radio stations like Odenigbo FM, Blaze FM, Sapentia FM heartland FM etc. 99% of the time they are speaking Igbo.
Even your Agbo-selling brothers and sisters residing in the East are fluent in the language, they have no choice. grin

How the language wan take die if not only in your ewedu skull? grin
Desperation. Better go and organise your language very well instead of quoting some obscure points.
Re: Igbo Language Going Into Extinction by MonPro: 10:47am On Mar 11, 2018
angels09:

Desperation. Better go and organise your language very well instead of quoting some obscure points.

Weak comeback.. grin

You pray and wish it was really going into extinction but I bursted your bubble and spoilt your thread no be so?

e pele... grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Language Going Into Extinction by 99100(m): 10:57am On Mar 11, 2018
I had wanted to honour you with a concise response only to realise that you are a disgruntled,pathetic,confused and attention seeking amala-eating-afonjo . Anuofia!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Language Going Into Extinction by buhariguy(m): 11:06am On Mar 11, 2018
But op claimed to be from Yoruba land
Re: Igbo Language Going Into Extinction by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 11, 2018
99100:
I had wanted to honour you with a concise response only to realise that you are a disgruntled,pathetic,confused and attention seeking amala-eating-afonjo . Anuofia!!

Weak. Weak. Truth hurts
Re: Igbo Language Going Into Extinction by Nobody: 11:15am On Mar 11, 2018
MonPro:

Weak comeback.. grin

You pray and wish it was really going into extinction but I bursted your bubble and spoilt your thread no be so?

e pele... grin
Well you can keep consoling yourself. While your heritage goes to the dogs. Have you ever wondered why the roads to the east are in disastrous conditions? If not to limit the affinity with your roots... cheesy
Re: Igbo Language Going Into Extinction by MonPro: 11:21am On Mar 11, 2018
angels09:

Well you can keep consoling yourself. While your heritage goes to the dogs. Have you ever wondered why the roads to the east are in disastrous conditions? If not to limit the affinity with your roots... cheesy

So my big stick landing on your ewedu skull have scattered your brain in such a way that you are now disorganized and now shift from 'language preservation' to 'road maintainance'? grin

Bwahahahaha! you don really suffer for your thread. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Language Going Into Extinction by Nobody: 11:27am On Mar 11, 2018
MonPro:

So my big stick landing on your ewedu skull have scattered your brain in such a way that you are now disorganized and now shift from 'language preservation' to 'road maintainance'? grin

Bwahahahaha! you don really suffer for your thread. grin

You must be confused.
Re: Igbo Language Going Into Extinction by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 11, 2018
Real Igbos take preemptive steps to correct the anomalies
Re: Igbo Language Going Into Extinction by lastmessenger: 12:04pm On Mar 11, 2018
My dear op you are not correct in your assumption. Come down to the east and see us speak our language with pride. Igbo language has been from the beginning and will continue to be till eternity.
Igbo amaka.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Language Going Into Extinction by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 11, 2018
angels09:
The number of Igbo people dumping their language for others is increasingly becoming alarming. The new Yoruba law enacted by Lagos State Government will only further destroy the relevance of the Igbo language.
Already a lot of Igbo speak Yoruba and Hausa fluently while other tribes have never bothered to learn the Igbo language. If care is not taken Igbo language may be completely wiped out in the next twenty years.

Meanwhile in Afonja university grin

Cc lzaa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZaY_MSMFrk

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Language Going Into Extinction by LZAA: 12:08pm On Mar 11, 2018
imhotep:

Meanwhile in Afonja university grin
Cc lzaa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZaY_MSMFrk
angels09 strikes yet again with suffersticated logic soon he wee tell us dat oduduwa discovered alaigbo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Language Going Into Extinction by LZAA: 12:09pm On Mar 11, 2018
angels09:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Language Going Into Extinction by LZAA: 12:12pm On Mar 11, 2018
Even your Agbo-selling brothers and sisters residing in the East are fluent in the language, they have no choice.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Language Going Into Extinction by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 11, 2018
lastmessenger:
My dear op you are not correct in your assumption. Come down to the east and see us speak our language with pride. Igbo language has been from the beginning and will continue to be till eternity.
Igbo amaka.
What is the size of the ever shrinking Igbo land? Not up to Niger State alone. You guys are endangered species. grin
Re: Igbo Language Going Into Extinction by Nobody: 12:48pm On Mar 11, 2018
LZAA:
Even your Agbo-selling brothers and sisters residing in the East are fluent in the language, they have no choice.

So pained that you have to quote me twice... I see.

Re: Igbo Language Going Into Extinction by Nobody: 12:52pm On Mar 11, 2018
angels09:

What is the size of the ever shrinking Igbo land? Not up to Niger State alone. You guys are endangered species. grin
51% of Lagos grin grin

cc lzaa

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Language Going Into Extinction by kernel504(m): 12:55pm On Mar 11, 2018
angels09:

We aren't bothered about you, at least we're buying up your ancestral land, it will get to a point you will be like a stranger in your land.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

The NTA-nisation Of Channels TV / Obaseki: PDP Should Reclaim Their Mandate Via Court / Yemeni Child Bride Dies Of Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.