Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

A Country I Want. A Country We All Want. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Country I Want. A Country We All Want. (326 Views)

The Kyari They All Want Us To Forget: Villain To An Angel / Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU / Niger Delta, Igbo And Hausa All Want To Leave Nigeria Except Yorubas, Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Country I Want. A Country We All Want. by Charlesokewole(m): 1:22pm On Mar 11, 2018
It almost nearly two years ago, The USA start their Presidential election the whole world knows about their election, their ideals, democracy, Even the whole world seems to be picking sides between the major candidates in the elections, Some people stand with Donald Trump while some even stand Hillary Clinton, but the whole world understand something or learn something from that Country, we the Citizens of the world learn the true power of Representative And Constitutional Democracy, freedom of press, No intimidation of candidates, No clampdown or harassment of candidates, including the journalist,mass media, and that election was historic by the nominations of a woman of a major political party in the USA but Today in this month, Do any of you knows that The Russia Federation is also about to Conduct their Presidential election. Do you all know the Incumbent President has been in power since 1999 as acting president, then as president from 2002-2004, from 2004-2008, then he serve has prime minister from 2008-2012, then he become president from 2012-2018 and he is about to go for fourth term for the next six years, do we all know that No viable opposition to challenge Vladimir Putin in the Russia Presidential election, and the ones who are potentially enough are been barn from contesting like Alexy Nalvany. Now the reason I bring out this write up, is to make us all, Nigerian People understand more about free Democracy and autocratic Democracy, and makes us to understand the type of Country we all want. Today in the world of Free world and Authoritarian regime/world, Nigeria according to world Democracy index, Nigeria is Designated as Hybrid regime going into Authoritarian regime. We the people Of Nigeria, do we want a country, whereby we can all be free, where the rule of law triumph of the rule of any individual, where our Journalist, or mass media are fair to right what they think and say what they want without being intimidated, harass and put in detention, or do we want a country where a spokesman or woman who deliver the constructive criticism of his principal is being intimidated and ridicule, if you all doubt me take alook at Afegbua, Ibrahim Babagida spokesman, or better still do we want a country where our leaders put fear in the heart of opposition or people who don't like the way the federal government or the government are piloting affairs in the name of hate speech, God forbid. I want a Country where Democracy is the order of the day, where you can write,say and criticized the government without them intimidating or harassing our right to free speech, or free press. A Country where the rule of law will be guiding factor of the affairs of the Country and in which the appointment of any officials of the national government will be in accordance of the federal character commission, that is the Country I want, that is the Country the we all want, that is the Country, my fellow Nigerians we all need to seek for,fight for and ready always to pay the ultimate price if occasions call for it. So I say to these Generation of Nigerians, what type of Country do you want, what type of Country do you want for your children, and your children children? Do you want a Country whereby some citizens will be treated has first class and small second class and some third class or do you all want a Country where we all irrespective of Faith,ethnic,status,wealth,region,creed,political party are all equal in the eyes of the law of our Fatherland. Let us be the generation that will make Nigeria a great and prosperous country. And then what can we do to achieve these, It about electing credible leaders into power, A leaders with real plans,leaders who are patriotic and who understand that to keep Nigeria one is definitely a task that must be done. And to make Nigeria great and prosperous and make Nigeria the envy of the world is a task that must be achieve and fulfill. look am not campaigning for any man or woman or any political party for President, or for Governor but what we the people, my fellow Nigerians need to understand is, we have the power to make Nigeria a great and prosperous Country. A better future for our selves, our friends, neighborh, families, and our fellow Countrymen, we all need to work together as one, so that why in these coming election we all irrespective of our differences need to start for a visionary leader who will be our President not some who has displace, embarrass, disappoint, our Country, Let us all vote in a President that will and can make us proud. So let make Nigeria Great. #MakeNigeriaGreat #StrongerCountry #Respectable Country #LetTakeBackCountryOfOurCountry. Carolous.
Re: A Country I Want. A Country We All Want. by anaton(m): 3:19pm On Mar 11, 2018
Lengthy epistle with no Paragraph.

Anyways My country and the land of my dreams is BIAFRA.

(1) (Reply)

*sas Foundation Donates Gift Items At Zonal Meeting* / I Was Unaware Police IG Didnt Stay In Benue - Buhari / Yagba West Local Government House Of Representative.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.