Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief (19381 Views)

I Challenge Pastordavidawuj To Answer My Questions On His Claims / What's The Yoruba Traditional Belief Of Afterlife? / Anton Levay Tells The New Age To Give Satan His Religion Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by FeelDeMusic: 5:29pm On Mar 16, 2018
shadeyinka:

The movie transcript will be an invaluable asset to you if you can lay your hands on them.

You may create a thread on Nairaland, perhaps someone will know how to guide you.
Ok, well are you saying someone on here may be able to translate?
Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by shadeyinka(m): 7:05pm On Mar 16, 2018
FeelDeMusic:

Ok, well are you saying someone on here may be able to translate?
Its not difficult to find someone to translate into English once you can furnish the translator with the scripts. I wouldn't be surprised if the translated script exist somewhere.
Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by CuteMadridista: 7:46pm On Mar 16, 2018
FeelDeMusic:
@CuteMadridista:
Oh no no no, ask away dear! I'm just fine answering.

Although I won't try and tell too much as we're online and I want to be cautious, I'll tell you that I was born blind, and I was born very early which caused it. I've been able to deal with it just fine and I've had no problems at all. I live in a mainly sighted world and I have been with sighted people for most of my life, which is why I just am able to act and think like a sighted person a lot better than most blind people, admitedly (LOL)!

Unfortunately it's true that a lot of people around me have treated me like crap, no one really understands that blind people are just normal humans like you and I and they have feelings, desires, ambitions, dreams and hopes too! I try to convey this message every day in my daily life by acting as confidently and boldly and independently as I can to show the world this.

This is why Cobhams Asuquo is a big inspiration to me, not only because he has worked with Asa who's one of my favorite singers as evidenced by my signature (hahahaha), and not only because I know that she knows a blind person (begins hyperventilating), but because he carries this same aire of independence, confidence and motivation that I want all blind people to carry. Unfortunately a lot of nonsighted folks say that they're "living the life they want" and that they don't let shitt define them, and yet they never actually practice what they preach, it's quite sad I must say.

I'm so sorry if this post is too long, I guess I have a lot to say, especially to someone who really wants to know a lot about me!

Not too long at all, nice to see you're getting along fine
Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by FeelDeMusic: 8:27pm On Mar 16, 2018
CuteMadridista:

Not too long at all, nice to see you're getting along fine
I am, yes!
Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by macof(m): 9:27am On Mar 17, 2018
vaxx:
i am not shifting, i am only shifting in elements that differ both of them....i see you realize the definition suit capitalism as well, hence i need to shift in clarification...my definition is from a philosophical point of view and not from the morphology in grammar...

as i said , isese to me is unstructured religion because it do not fall into set of standard that an organized religions adhere, everyone is free to choose the method that suit him/her base on the orisha they subscribe to in their home..

A songo adherent will have a different concept from osun adherent and likewise obatala, but that does not mean he/she does not acknowledge the both...each devotion is demonstrated on the practises each orisha required, ogun devotee is clearly different from songo devotee...

i am awaiting your response on the question posed earlier?

Smh. I don't like going back and forth

Isese is religion to you because you have created religion out of it...it's not to me ...simple! I even ignore most of the mysticism and concentrate on the history

Simple logic...no need for back and forth

What question?
Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by vaxx: 9:39am On Mar 17, 2018
macof:

Smh. I don't like going back and forth

Isese is religion to you because you have created religion out of it...it's not to me ...simple! I even ignore most of the mysticism and concentrate on the history

Simple logic...no need for back and forth

What question?
check my earlier chart with you,you just said you just said no need for back and forth argument which i absolutely agree

which mysticism fall into my definition,am sure you have go through my contribution here, do i in anyway sound superstitious? per the bold, this is uncalled for, your inability not to see it as a religion from my position of argument does not mean you are more right than i do and likewise the same apply to me. we can only settle it through clarification, which we are doing now. if you found my line of reasoning strange , you can ignore bro....using the word smh is absolutely a foul statement. NO one is going forth and back with you.
Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by macof(m): 9:53am On Mar 17, 2018
vaxx:
which mysticism fall into my definition,am sure you have go through my contribution here, do i in anyway sound superstitious? per the bold, this is uncalled for, your inability not to see it as a religion from my position of argument does not mean you are more right than i do and likewise the same apply to me. we can only settle it through clarification, which we are doing now. if you found my line of reasoning strange , you can ignore bro....using the word smh is absolutely a foul statement. NO one is going forth and back with you.

I've already given you enough reasons why the background or should I say basics of isese is not a religion. What you might see people practicing religiously is their doing. Not everyone has to devote their lives and worship an Orisha

You came talking about one person worships sango and has a certain concept, another Osun and has a different concept...how does that correlate with what I'm saying??

Smh. I'm tired of spending time on the same topic. If you want isese as a religion, fine it can be if you make it. To me it is not...simple!
Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by vaxx: 9:57am On Mar 17, 2018
macof:

I've already given you enough reasons why the background or should I say basics of isese is not a religion. What you might see people practicing religiously is their doing. Not everyone has to devote their lives and worship an Orisha

You came talking about one person worships sango and has a certain concept, another Osun and has a different concept...how does that correlate with what I'm saying??

Smh. I'm tired of spending time on the same topic. If you want isese as a religion, fine it can be if you make it. To me it is not...simple!
what are you saying?
Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by macof(m): 10:06am On Mar 17, 2018
vaxx:
what are you saying?
stop reading too much internet articles and learn isese first hand, directly from people you can interact with. I can get you in touch with a few

Nothing else to say at this point
Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by vaxx: 10:21am On Mar 17, 2018
macof:
stop reading too much internet articles and learn isese first hand, directly from people you can interact with. I can get you in touch with a few .

Nothing else to say at this point
i was brought up in isese,so i am not just a convertee, it is what i do at home are in here erding. Anyway stop assuming what you yourself cannot defend.
Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by CuteMadridista: 10:24am On Mar 17, 2018
I think were through with Isese wink let's move to other things
Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by macof(m): 10:28am On Mar 17, 2018
vaxx:
i was brought up in isese,so i am not just a convertee, it is what i do at home are in here erding. Anyway stop assuming what you yourself cannot defend.
if so that's good. But u talk as if you are a novice.

Lati Ilu wo l'e ti wa?
Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by macof(m): 10:29am On Mar 17, 2018
CuteMadridista:
I think were through with Isese wink let's move to other things
but the thread is about Isese cheesy
Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by vaxx: 10:32am On Mar 17, 2018
macof:
if so that's good. But u talk as if you are a novice.

Lati Ilu wo l'e ti wa?
i cannot see you much more than that. anyway i am from osogbo
Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by CuteMadridista: 10:36am On Mar 17, 2018
macof:

apologies, I wasn't clear enough I meant the discussion on if isese is a religion or not
Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by macof(m): 10:52am On Mar 17, 2018
vaxx:
i cannot see you much more than that. anyway i am from osogbo

Well good for u to see me as that. Thats not my Problem

Oh! Ok nice, Im primarily involved in Isese for historical research, when I need an Osun indegene's knowledge I might hit you up
Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by macof(m): 10:54am On Mar 17, 2018
CuteMadridista:

apologies, I wasn't clear enough I meant the discussion on if isese is a religion or not
oh. That's really not a big deal anyway. The guy seemed to want us to dwell on the issue which I'm not prepared for
Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by vaxx: 11:00am On Mar 17, 2018
macof:

Well good for u to see me as that. Thats not my Problem

Oh! Ok nice, Im primarily involved in Isese for historical research, when I need an Osun indegene's knowledge I might hit you up
ok
Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by FeelDeMusic: 3:45pm On Mar 17, 2018
macof:
Ok wtf is isese?
Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by macof(m): 8:44pm On Mar 17, 2018
FeelDeMusic:

Ok wtf is isese?
isese is the tradition of the Yoruba people of West Africa
It's the actual name for our tradition
While the word for tradition in general is "Ise"

By the way, is it true you are blind? shocked If so, how do you get all that is being posted here?
Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by FeelDeMusic: 9:53pm On Mar 17, 2018
macof:
isese is the tradition of the Yoruba people of West Africa
It's the actual name for our tradition
While the word for tradition in general is "Ise"

By the way, is it true you are blind? shocked If so, how do you get all that is being posted here?
Yes, I am indeed blind! I use a piece of software called a screen reader in order to navigate my computer, the Internet, as well as to write and read things. It’s pretty cool.

OK, so that’s the name of your traditional culture? Wow, I never knew that! I never even knew traditional cultures had names apart from * insert ethnicity here * traditional culture.

1 Like

Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by Geeman23(m): 8:13pm On Mar 18, 2018
Kudos to vaxx.Oudaa a gbewa oh.

please I would like you to comment on the practice of ogun".(black power).how do our fathers get the revelations of leaves and animals that could work supernatural wonders.

1 Like

Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by vaxx: 8:28pm On Mar 18, 2018
Geeman23:
Kudos to vaxx.Oudaa a gbewa oh.

please I would like you to comment on the practice of ogun".(black power).how do our fathers get the revelations of leaves and animals that could work supernatural wonders.

Ase. honestly, this is a very tough question and i do not want to give a half truth answer, i promise to get back to you as soon i can get a satisfactory answer. e ma je ka gbagbe orisun wa o
Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by Geeman23(m): 9:15pm On Mar 18, 2018
vaxx:
Ase. honestly, this is a very tough question and i do not want to give a half truth answer, i promise to get back to you as soon i can get a satisfactory answer. e ma je ka gbagbe orisun wa o
i will be waiting sir
Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by CuteMadridista: 7:14am On Mar 22, 2018
revontuli:
I'm curious about juju and native religions.
Do the juju priests summon spirits? Or travel to the astral themselves and negotiate with the spirits/gods there?
I know a bit about the pagan religion and witchcraft of Yoruba origin practiced in Latin America (Santeria) but next to nothing about the living African native religion and juju practices.
I see a lot of info about the money rituals involving gruesome murder, but that can't be the only kind of magic practice. The other example I saw was Oba of Benin lifting curses to help out the sex trafficking victims.
Are there witchcraft practices for good purpose like healing, helping marriage problems, not involving any blood?
Any distinct divination, fortune telling practices? Dream interpretations? What do they do for banishing the bad spirits/energies?

CC: Vaxx
Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by vaxx: 2:59pm On Mar 22, 2018
CuteMadridista:

CC: Vaxx
I will answer you base on NIGERIA constitution. NIGERIA government recognize juju...page 20, section 207, clause 2 of the Nigerian Constitution acknowledges and makes the use of harmful juju illegal. which means there can be good juju too... it is stated like this.....

'The State Commissioner may by order prohibit the worship or invocation of any juju which may appear to him to involve, or tend towards the commission of any crime or breach of peace, or to the spread of any infectious or contagious disease.'

you can see that clause but I know that Nigerian authorities will have a problem when it comes to arresting a fetish priest or a juju practitioner because nobody will want to deal with someone who can cast a spell on you. so in neutral sense. the position that juju is not effective may be promoted so that it can be accepted by many.

i will not want to tell you if charms are real, but i can adequately tell you our herbs are effective. revontuli

1 Like

Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by revontuli(f): 3:20pm On Mar 22, 2018
vaxx:
I will answer you base on NIGERIA constitution. NIGERIA government recognize juju...page 20, section 207, clause 2 of the Nigerian Constitution acknowledges and makes the use of harmful juju illegal. which means there can be good juju too... it is stated like this.....

'The State Commissioner may by order prohibit the worship or invocation of any juju which may appear to him to involve, or tend towards the commission of any crime or breach of peace, or to the spread of any infectious or contagious disease.'

you can see that clause but I know that Nigerian authorities will have a problem when it comes to arresting a fetish priest or a juju practitioner because nobody will want to deal with someone who can cast a spell on you. so in neutral sense. the position that juju is not effective may be promoted so that it can be accepted by many.

i will not want to tell you if charms are real, but i can adequately tell you our herbs are effective. revontuli

Many thanks for the informative reply.
I see news about village gangs destroying the shrines of juju priests suspected of casting evil spells, but it's rare and they might be attacking the wrong people. If the majority of the population & especially the law enforcement staff is scared of touching it, that can make cracking down on the human sacrificing cultists & evil priests very difficult.

If were the government, I'd outsource the task of cracking down on the harmful/violent juju cults to foreigners who don't believe in it and therefore not scared of it (Chinese, Egyptians, Russians?)
Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by FeelDeMusic: 7:04pm On Apr 14, 2018
Hi all,

Let's see if we can start this thread again.. though there has been fights I think we can try our best to make it civil again and just ask questions.
Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by hopefulLandlord: 7:29pm On Apr 14, 2018
FeelDeMusic:
Hi all,

Let's see if we can start this thread again.. though there has been fights I think we can try our best to make it civil again and just ask questions.

Wow! Thought you left Nairaland, searched for your monicker and saw your last thread was you leaving Nairaland and I thought "He's gone"
Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by FeelDeMusic: 7:53pm On Apr 14, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Wow! Thought you left Nairaland, searched for your monicker and saw your last thread was you leaving Nairaland and I thought "He's gone"
Actually I'm a "she" LOL!

Anyhow, yeah, at first I thought that I'd leave for good but then I realized that I just had to take a step back for a moment and rethink. It was foolish of me to have said all that I did and I really shouldn't have been so mean on here when I myself try to propagate peace as much as I'm able to on this forum. I'm sorry if I've upset you.

Also do you think that Seun could maybe delete that thread for me? I now feel bad having it here.
Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by hopefulLandlord: 8:11pm On Apr 14, 2018
FeelDeMusic:

Actually I'm a "she" LOL!

Anyhow, yeah, at first I thought that I'd leave for good but then I realized that I just had to take a step back for a moment and rethink. It was foolish of me to have said all that I did and I really shouldn't have been so mean on here when I myself try to propagate peace as much as I'm able to on this forum. I'm sorry if I've upset you.
Never knew you're a female

Nah, you didn't upset me. Good to have you back. This thread is one that would last for a long time and I'll keep posting my questions to Vaxx whenever I have them

I'm Cutemadridista too, this is my main monicker and I only use cutemadridista whenever I'm banned by the mods

Welcome back once more
Re: A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief by FeelDeMusic: 8:17pm On Apr 14, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
Never knew you're a female

Nah, you didn't upset me. Good to have you back. This thread is one that would last for a long time and I'll keep posting my questions to Vaxx whenever I have them

I'm Cutemadridista too, this is my main monicker and I only use cutemadridista whenever I'm banned by the mods

Welcome back once more
Holy crap....you're CuteMadridista? Whoa!!! Well that's a first coming in contact with the same person under a different identity! But that's cool that you've got an alter ego! I like that hahaha!

Thank you. I'm happy to be back.

May I ask why you've been banned or is that more private info that you don't want to discuss?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Photos From David Oyedepo's 62nd birthday Party / Where Is Pastor Patrick Anwuzia Of Zoe Ministries Worldwide? / The End Of A Fornicator's Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.