Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,200 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

Urban Renewal: Enugu Govt. To Rehabilitate 233 Bus-stop Shelters, Road Hand Rail - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Urban Renewal: Enugu Govt. To Rehabilitate 233 Bus-stop Shelters, Road Hand Rail (7865 Views)

South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members / Pictures Of The Ongoing Urban Renewal Of Eket, Akwa Ibom State By State Govt. / Mohammed Abubakar Wins Best Governor Of The Year On Urban Renewal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urban Renewal: Enugu Govt. To Rehabilitate 233 Bus-stop Shelters, Road Hand Rail by agbotikuyo(f): 6:05pm On Mar 11, 2018
Urban Renewal: Enugu Govt. to rehabilitate 233 bus-stop shelters, road hand rails

*Calls for reputable health institutions to manage its new Medical Diagnostic Centre

*Approves recruitment of 50 House Officers and 15 radiography Interns for ESUT Parklane Hospital

In furtherance of its Urban Renewal drive and upgrade of infrastructure in Enugu State, the administration of Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi has approved the immediate rehabilitation of 233 bus-stop shelters and road hand rails in Enugu metropolis, starting from the dual carriageway along 82 Division, Nigerian Army, Enugu to Akwata Pedestrian Bridge by Ogbete Main Market.

Addressing newsmen after the meeting of the State Executive Council (EXCO), the Commissioner for Enugu Capital Territory Development Authority, Barr. Chidi Aroh stated that the state government also approved the construction of new bus-stop shelters in all the newly constructed roads in the state capital and the relocation of five “critical” bus-stops that usually cause obstruction of traffic, such as the one located at the popular Agric Bank junction, Independence Layout, Enugu.

Barr. Aroh said that the decisions were reached after the Council considered the recommendations of the team of technical experts constituted to review the state of the infrastructure and how they can be enhanced and beautified to improve the status of Enugu as the historical capital of the South East geo-political zone.

The Commissioner disclosed that the Council directed that the relocation exercise be carried out within five days, while the rehabilitation should be completed in six weeks “in line with government determination to always deliver on its promises to the people as quickly as it should be”.

He said: “On this, the Capital Territory Development Authority has been given the go ahead to execute the projects and I can assure you that as usual, we will progress on these projects. We count on you as vital partners to report the progress as we go on”.

Also speaking, the Commissioner for Health, Dr. Fintan Ekochin told newsmen that the Council approved the establishment of a Management Team for the new Enugu State Medical Diagnostic Centre, which is on the verge of commencement of services that would comprise reputable national and international health institutions or organizations for the day-to-day running of the outfit.

Dr. Ekochin explained that the decision was taken in consideration of the sophistication of the equipment at the centre and the critical challenges of its management, adding that the Ministries of Information and Health were directed to call for expression of interest from national and international institutions, organizations and companies for a period of one month.

The Health Commissioner stressed that the process would enable the government to select the best hands to run the centre and “give the citizens of the state and beyond the best of healthcare delivery with best imaging, laboratory services and diagnostics in general”.

He announced that the Council also approved the recruitment of 50 doctors (House Officers) for ESUT Parklane Hospital, Enugu to meet up with the medical demands of the hospital, adding that 15 radiography Interns, who will assist in the imaging department of the establishment, are equally to be recruited.

The Commissioner for Information, Mr. Ogbuagu Anikwe stated that Gov. Ugwuanyi charged members of the EXCO and other Stakeholders in the state to intensify efforts towards the on-going voters’ registration to ensure that all eligible voters were registered within the available window for the exercise.

The Information Commissioner also disclosed that the governor at the meeting commended and encouraged the leadership of the state’s Fire Service for their response to challenges and directed the Commissioner for Rural Development, Hon. Gab Onuzulike, who supervises the agency to meet with the body to agree on bonus to be given to them for their good work.

http://globalpatriotnews.com/urban-renewal-enugu-govt-to-rehabilitate-233-bus-stop-shelters-road-hand-rails/

CC: Dominique
Mynd44

2 Likes

Re: Urban Renewal: Enugu Govt. To Rehabilitate 233 Bus-stop Shelters, Road Hand Rail by KEZDON(m): 6:17pm On Mar 11, 2018
Nice one !!!

someone should kindly advise Mr. Kenneth Okonkwo that there is no vacancy in lions building(government house) come 2019 Coz Ndigbo don't celebrate or tolerate failures...

042 is not just a dial code, it's a way of life .

Ndigbo Kwenu, Igbo nma nma nu

Igbo Amaka

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Urban Renewal: Enugu Govt. To Rehabilitate 233 Bus-stop Shelters, Road Hand Rail by Dottore: 6:19pm On Mar 11, 2018
The governors are clowns. Ugwuanyi did nothing in Enugu since he was elected now he wants people to forget their plight easily with these cheap efforts to endear himself to the masses. It's unfortunate that people forget so easily and there's no strong opposition structure in Enugu State.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Urban Renewal: Enugu Govt. To Rehabilitate 233 Bus-stop Shelters, Road Hand Rail by christejames(m): 7:20pm On Mar 11, 2018
Enugu State is slowly on the rise to the status of a 'City State'.
Government is continuum... It's nice the present govt is about to refurbish some of its critical infrastructures that makes up an urban area. Enugu indegines are civilized to the point that each successive govt have no choice than to prove itself to the people, and I think Gburugburu has done that and the people will say thanks to him by enormously voting for him come 2019.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urban Renewal: Enugu Govt. To Rehabilitate 233 Bus-stop Shelters, Road Hand Rail by christejames(m): 7:24pm On Mar 11, 2018
Dottore:
The governors are clowns. Ugwuanyi did nothing in Enugu since he was elected now he wants people to forget their plight easily with these cheap efforts to endear himself to the masses. It's unfortunate that people forget so easily and there's no strong opposition structure in Enugu State.

Can you beat your chest that the governor did nothing in the state? All the physical infrastructures he has been inaugurating and commissioning are for the neighboring state I guess. O! I forgot because he hasn't built any grandiose or white elephant project that would shoot him to the limelight of our polity that's why you are complaining?

Take a chill pill and relax Bro!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urban Renewal: Enugu Govt. To Rehabilitate 233 Bus-stop Shelters, Road Hand Rail by Sarrakii: 7:25pm On Mar 11, 2018
Dottore:
Sorry but I'm sure you are not from Enugu or live in Enugu

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urban Renewal: Enugu Govt. To Rehabilitate 233 Bus-stop Shelters, Road Hand Rail by Dottore: 8:04pm On Mar 11, 2018
christejames:

Can you beat your chest that the governor did nothing in the state? All the physical infrastructures he has been inaugurating and commissioning are for the neighboring state I guess. O! I forgot because he hasn't built any grandiose or white elephant project that would shoot him to the limelight of our polity that's why you are complaining?

Oga can u pls mention at least 3 of such projects. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Urban Renewal: Enugu Govt. To Rehabilitate 233 Bus-stop Shelters, Road Hand Rail by Dottore: 8:05pm On Mar 11, 2018
Sarrakii:

Sorry but I'm sure you are not from Enugu or live in Enugu
Can u prove me wrong sir.

1 Like

Re: Urban Renewal: Enugu Govt. To Rehabilitate 233 Bus-stop Shelters, Road Hand Rail by Nature129(m): 8:18pm On Mar 11, 2018
Enugu needs strong opposition. Ugwuanyi is an annoying person. Look how he allowed all the facilities provided by Sullli Nwa Mama grin to ruin embarassed. Was disappointed when I visited Enugu last December to notice that most traffic lights were faulty and not being replaced

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urban Renewal: Enugu Govt. To Rehabilitate 233 Bus-stop Shelters, Road Hand Rail by NwaAmaikpe: 8:37pm On Mar 11, 2018
shocked

State like no other.
The only unNigerian state.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Urban Renewal: Enugu Govt. To Rehabilitate 233 Bus-stop Shelters, Road Hand Rail by Nwaohafia1: 8:38pm On Mar 11, 2018
I bind every -ve thing the person above will say
Re: Urban Renewal: Enugu Govt. To Rehabilitate 233 Bus-stop Shelters, Road Hand Rail by onupeter(m): 8:40pm On Mar 11, 2018
Oga no be by bus stop oo, Enugu still need good road
Re: Urban Renewal: Enugu Govt. To Rehabilitate 233 Bus-stop Shelters, Road Hand Rail by OGAMINISTER: 8:40pm On Mar 11, 2018
Dottore:

Oga can u pls mention at least 3 of such projects. Thanks

Nowas-T juncion road, 82Div Nike road, newly finished medical diagonisic center

7 Likes

Re: Urban Renewal: Enugu Govt. To Rehabilitate 233 Bus-stop Shelters, Road Hand Rail by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 11, 2018
Well, I live in Enugu and I the only "Visible" work I can see are in terms of good roads and payment of salary....

1 Like

Re: Urban Renewal: Enugu Govt. To Rehabilitate 233 Bus-stop Shelters, Road Hand Rail by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 11, 2018
OGAMINISTER:

Nowas-T juncion road, 82Div Nike road, newly finished medical diagonisic center
is it that building behind All Saints Bus stop?
Re: Urban Renewal: Enugu Govt. To Rehabilitate 233 Bus-stop Shelters, Road Hand Rail by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 11, 2018
Nature129:
Enugu needs strong opposition. Ugwuanyi is an annoying person. Look how he allowed all the facilities provided by Sullli Nwa Mama grin to ruin embarassed. Was disappointed when I visited Enugu last December to notice that most traffic lights were faulty and not being replaced
facilities like
Re: Urban Renewal: Enugu Govt. To Rehabilitate 233 Bus-stop Shelters, Road Hand Rail by Soulsymbol99: 8:46pm On Mar 11, 2018
If u ask me, abakpa junction, old park, ogui junction etc all need fly over cool

3 Likes

Re: Urban Renewal: Enugu Govt. To Rehabilitate 233 Bus-stop Shelters, Road Hand Rail by lastmaster(m): 8:56pm On Mar 11, 2018
crying governor

1 Like

Re: Urban Renewal: Enugu Govt. To Rehabilitate 233 Bus-stop Shelters, Road Hand Rail by obaataaokpaewu: 8:57pm On Mar 11, 2018
Poor maintenance culture, the bus stops shelters if repaired, won't still last before he finishes his second term. We have big problems in this country eh

1 Like

Re: Urban Renewal: Enugu Govt. To Rehabilitate 233 Bus-stop Shelters, Road Hand Rail by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 11, 2018
Soulsymbol99:
If u ask me, abakpa junction, old park, ogui junction etc all need fly over cool
fly overs?
Re: Urban Renewal: Enugu Govt. To Rehabilitate 233 Bus-stop Shelters, Road Hand Rail by mabea: 8:59pm On Mar 11, 2018
In all honesty Enugu is not getting the kind of hype it deserves, forinstance Calabar an urban village enjoys more hype than Enugu. I was in Enugu last september and was impressed by the level of development in that city.

7 Likes

Re: Urban Renewal: Enugu Govt. To Rehabilitate 233 Bus-stop Shelters, Road Hand Rail by Ttipsy(f): 9:03pm On Mar 11, 2018
cool
Re: Urban Renewal: Enugu Govt. To Rehabilitate 233 Bus-stop Shelters, Road Hand Rail by Abogwara: 9:08pm On Mar 11, 2018
christejames:

They want him to focus on Enugu city like Sullivan Chime and therefore all his good works at Nsukka isn't good enough.

4 Likes

Re: Urban Renewal: Enugu Govt. To Rehabilitate 233 Bus-stop Shelters, Road Hand Rail by christejames(m): 9:08pm On Mar 11, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

State like no other. The only unNigerian state.

For once, I think I agree with you...

042 is not just a dail code but a way of life.

7 Likes

Re: Urban Renewal: Enugu Govt. To Rehabilitate 233 Bus-stop Shelters, Road Hand Rail by BigBashiru: 9:09pm On Mar 11, 2018
Nigeria arise! development is not that difficult. Kudos & Congrats.
Re: Urban Renewal: Enugu Govt. To Rehabilitate 233 Bus-stop Shelters, Road Hand Rail by Ttipsy(f): 9:11pm On Mar 11, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

State like no other. The only unNigerian state.
unNigeria state, lol
Re: Urban Renewal: Enugu Govt. To Rehabilitate 233 Bus-stop Shelters, Road Hand Rail by christejames(m): 9:12pm On Mar 11, 2018
Abogwara:

They want him to focus on Enugu city like Sullivan Chime and therefore all his good works at Nsukka isn't good enough.

Yes! and that would have been detrimental to the growth and development of other parts of the state.
I love the way the guvnor is carrying all the senatorial zones along in his developmental strides.

3 Likes

Re: Urban Renewal: Enugu Govt. To Rehabilitate 233 Bus-stop Shelters, Road Hand Rail by Chisomoney(m): 9:27pm On Mar 11, 2018
christejames:
Enugu State is slowly on the rise to the status of a 'City State'.
Government is continuum... It's nice the present govt is about to refurbish some of its critical infrastructures that makes up an urban area. Enugu indegines are civilized to the point that each successive govt have no choice than to prove itself to the people, and I think Gburugburu has done that and the people will say thanks to him by enormously voting for him come 2019.

Who is this one....did u ever hear about Giv. Sullivan Chime...maybe u were bot born then

1 Like

Re: Urban Renewal: Enugu Govt. To Rehabilitate 233 Bus-stop Shelters, Road Hand Rail by christejames(m): 9:30pm On Mar 11, 2018
Chisomoney:

Who is this one....did u ever hear about Giv. Sullivan Chime...maybe u were bot born then

And who is this with an incomprehensible write up about Sullivan Chime.

I should be the one lecturing you about governance in Enugu State.
Re: Urban Renewal: Enugu Govt. To Rehabilitate 233 Bus-stop Shelters, Road Hand Rail by OGAMINISTER: 9:33pm On Mar 11, 2018
Izuogu1:
is it that building behind All Saints Bus stop?

Yeah, the one opposite all saints bus stop by tunnel
Re: Urban Renewal: Enugu Govt. To Rehabilitate 233 Bus-stop Shelters, Road Hand Rail by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 11, 2018
Nature129:

a patriotic igbo on nairaland. but in reality just a once in a year travellers

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is Nigeria Number 7 To 10 Citizen? / The Incredible Letter Ojukwu Wrote To Victor Banjo At The Start Of The War(pic) / Wike Promises To Transform Abuja Into A Smart City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.