Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,103 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

CBN: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $46 Billion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $46 Billion (411 Views)

Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $44bn First Time In 2019 / At $43.507bn, External Reserves Hit Five-month High / Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Hit $47 Billion - Surpass That Of South Africa by $4b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

CBN: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $46 Billion by deji17: 7:49pm On Mar 11, 2018
CBN: Nigeria’s external reserves hit $46 billion

By Tonye Peterside -
March 11, 2018

Associated Press

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on Sunday disclosed that the nation’s external reserves currently stands at $46 billion, saying the figures are steadily heading towards the $50 billion mark.
Figures obtained from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) at the weekend indicate that the reserves grew by about $3.2 billion between February and March 2018. The reserves at the beginning of 2018 stood at $39.3 billion, then rose to $42.8 in February before hitting the new high of $46 billion as at the close of work on Friday, March 9.

Confirming the figures, the CBN Acting Director, Corporate Communications Department, Isaac Okorafor, attributed the continued accretion to the country’s reserves to the Bank’s effort at vigorously discouraging unnecessary importation and reducing the nation’s import bill; inflow from oil and non-oil exports, as well as the huge inflows through the investors and exporters window of the foreign exchange market, which he said had attracted over $33 billion since April 2017, when it was created.

https://www.today.ng/business/finance/95656/cbn-nigerias-external-reserves-hit-46-billion?

Re: CBN: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $46 Billion by DEXTROVERT: 7:54pm On Mar 11, 2018
I
Use
This
Medium
To
Apologize
To
My
Gf.. NKECHI
she
Thinks
I'm
YORUBADEMON
But
I
Want
You
To
Know
I
Love
You.

BUHARI
crude account no too concern me

ABEG
GIMME
ENCOURAGE
OUR
RELATIONSHIP
Re: CBN: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $46 Billion by Sarrakii: 7:54pm On Mar 11, 2018
deji17:
CBN: Nigeria’s external reserves hit $46 billion

By Tonye Peterside -
March 11, 2018

Associated Press

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on Sunday disclosed that the nation’s external reserves currently stands at $46 billion, saying the figures are steadily heading towards the $50 billion mark.
Figures obtained from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) at the weekend indicate that the reserves grew by about $3.2 billion between February and March 2018. The reserves at the beginning of 2018 stood at $39.3 billion, then rose to $42.8 in February before hitting the new high of $46 billion as at the close of work on Friday, March 9.

Confirming the figures, the CBN Acting Director, Corporate Communications Department, Isaac Okorafor, attributed the continued accretion to the country’s reserves to the Bank’s effort at vigorously discouraging unnecessary importation and reducing the nation’s import bill; inflow from oil and non-oil exports, as well as the huge inflows through the investors and exporters window of the foreign exchange market, which he said had attracted over $33 billion since April 2017, when it was created.

https://www.today.ng/business/finance/95656/cbn-nigerias-external-reserves-hit-46-billion?

BMC news please keep off
Re: CBN: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $46 Billion by deji17: 7:56pm On Mar 11, 2018
Sarrakii:

BMC news please keep off

Because this is a bad news that you don't wish to hear?
Re: CBN: Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $46 Billion by Mynd44: 8:47pm On Mar 11, 2018

(1)

Full Text Of Speech By Mama Taraba / From Being A Hotel Waiter To A Special Assistant To A Governor / Corruption No Longer Threat To Economy — Oyegun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.