Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,075 members, 7,825,397 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Corruption No Longer Threat To Economy — Oyegun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption No Longer Threat To Economy — Oyegun (411 Views)

‘Bury Your Head In Shame’ – Oyegun To APC / Throwback Photo Of Buhari, Oyegun, Others Protesting On The Streets On Nov 2014, / Corruption No Longer Threat To Nigeria’s Economy – Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corruption No Longer Threat To Economy — Oyegun by JosEast(m): 7:32am On Mar 21, 2018
The National Chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, says corruption no longer poses a threat to the national economy because of the war being waged against it by the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration.

Chief Odigie-Oyegun said this yesterday in Abuja at the party’s national secretariat, when he received the Rector of the Federal Polytechnic, Bida, Niger State, Dr Abubakar Dzukogi and the management team on a courtesy visit and official notification of his nomination for a fellowship award and invitation to the 15th combined convocation ceremony of the institution scheduled for Wednesday, March 28, 2018.

“On corruption, we all know that corruption is fighting back. But it is not a problem, you fight with a flick of a switch, because corruption is very rich, corruption is very wealthy, corruption is very elitist; they are bound to fight back and they are fighting back. But thank God we have a president who is single-minded about taming that scourge and tame it with will. We know now that corruption is not as brazen as it was.

“We don’t just now take money from the public till and distribute to politicians and the rest of it, that no longer happens... nobody is saying corruption has been wiped out, there is no country in the world where corruption has been wiped out; but it is being tackled in Nigeria to the point where it can no longer be a threat to the national economy, where it does not become an acceptable way of life, of doing business,” He said.

Odigie-Oyegun said the President Buhari APC-led administration was delivering on its election promises despite difficulties and challenges.

“I am particularly pleased by your recognition that in spite of difficulties, government of the APC is delivering on its promises to the Nigerian people. That is important for me and I really see this award as coming to me on behalf of the government and the party.

The Rector of the Federal Polytechnic, Bida, Dr Dzukogi, who spoke during the visit, said Odigie-Oyegun’s choice was informed by many successes recorded by the APC-led administration.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/corruption-no-longer-threat-to-economy-oyegun.html

1 Like

Re: Corruption No Longer Threat To Economy — Oyegun by LORDOFAFONJAS: 7:45am On Mar 21, 2018
Oyegun is officially mad

2 Likes

Re: Corruption No Longer Threat To Economy — Oyegun by mekaboy(m): 7:47am On Mar 21, 2018
Bokoharam no longer a threat, corruption not a threat, herdsmen not a threat.

This Government is a threat to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Corruption No Longer Threat To Economy — Oyegun by Nobody: 7:55am On Mar 21, 2018
i agree with oyegun. Politicians are not having access to money like in the past. That is part of wailing in the country.
Yes corruption still exist, but it has reduced.
Re: Corruption No Longer Threat To Economy — Oyegun by Wawaman: 8:04am On Mar 21, 2018
but incompetency from pmb is what is threatening our economy
Re: Corruption No Longer Threat To Economy — Oyegun by okosodo: 8:04am On Mar 21, 2018
Only real fools believe that buhari is fighting corruption. EFCC is stupidly unable to rovide any evidence to nail even a gateman in GEJ's adminstration, yet we hear the fools sayiny that magu is the best man for the job and buhari is fighting corruption. For wia?
Re: Corruption No Longer Threat To Economy — Oyegun by three: 8:06am On Mar 21, 2018
Spot on!

Buhari (and his accomplices) are the single most ruthless threat to the economy.

Look around you, in your pocket and your bank balance.

Look on at those who prosper in this deliberate environment because they are in government or are friends of government.

1 Like

Re: Corruption No Longer Threat To Economy — Oyegun by sdindan: 8:12am On Mar 21, 2018
Hey! Someone closer to this old wizard right now should give him a dirty slap to return him to factory settings.

Re: Corruption No Longer Threat To Economy — Oyegun by dexpee4life(m): 8:14am On Mar 21, 2018
He is being inflicted by the Buhari-syndrome
Re: Corruption No Longer Threat To Economy — Oyegun by omowolewa: 8:14am On Mar 21, 2018
Grandpa, I know you lying but continue, at least we need a comic relief
Re: Corruption No Longer Threat To Economy — Oyegun by EricBloodAxe: 8:33am On Mar 21, 2018
Oyegun should be thrown into a 10000ft well and given the key undecided
Re: Corruption No Longer Threat To Economy — Oyegun by krissconnect(m): 9:42am On Mar 21, 2018
Wow... Are you really serious Chief priest Oyegun? Well, we know you're a politician and it's your trademark to be devilish liars, but believe me, Nigerians ain't dumb. If we were dumb 3 years ago, not anymore. We gave you guys the most beautiful opportunity to prove PDP wrong but u chose to tow in the path of PDP. Well, we have no option than to kick you guys out come 2019, K.O, fatal brutality. Except ofcos you decide to rig which isn't going to go down well either. Greet ur fellow musician lai Muhammed for me, your days are numbered

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: No Money Was Found In My House – Boroh Read More At: Https://www.vang / This Is Our Lagos: The Badagry House / Dino Melaye’s Recall Process To Begin Next Week, INEC Release Time Table

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.