Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,777 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Nigerian Judge Elected The President Of International Criminal Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Judge Elected The President Of International Criminal Court (337 Views)

El-Rufai's Body Bag Threat And Response From International Criminal Court (Video / Buhari Hosted By Chile Eboe-Osuji, President Of International Criminal Court / Ike Ekweremadu Meets Chile Eboe-Osuji, President Of International Criminal Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Judge Elected The President Of International Criminal Court by lawnreigh(m): 1:37pm On Mar 12, 2018
A Nigerian judge, Mr. Chile Eboe-Osuji has been elected president of the International Criminal Court (ICC) for a three-year term.

This was announced in a statement on Sunday by the Head, Public Affairs Unit, Mr. Fadi El Abdallah, who said the three-year term is with immediate effect.

“Today, 11 March 2018, the judges of the sitting in a plenary session, elected Judge Chile Eboe-Osuji (Nigeria) as President of the Court for a three-year term with immediate effect,” a statement from the ICC read.

Judge Robert Fremr (Czech Republic) was elected First Vice-President and Judge Marc Perrin de Brichambaut (France) Second Vice-President were also elected to the Court.
Accepting the position, Judge Osuji said;

“I am deeply honoured to have been elected by my peers as President of the International Criminal Court.

As I take up my duties, I feel encouraged that I am able to rely on the wide experience of the two Vice-Presidents, Judge Robert Fremr and Judge Marc Perrin de Brichambaut, both of whom I have closely worked with previously.

I look forward to working together with them as well as with all the judges, all the Officials and the staff of the Court in a spirit of collegiality.

I also look forward to collaborating with the Assembly of States Parties, civil society and the international community at large, acting together to strengthen and reinforce the Rome Statute system, the 20th anniversary of the adoption of which we celebrate this year.”
The presidency, which consists of the president and vice presidents are crucial in providing strategic leadership to the ICC, coordinates with other organs and seeks the concurrence of the prosecutor on matters of mutual concern.
https://africa.cgtn.com/2018/03/12/nigerian-judge-elected-president-of-international-criminal-court/

Re: Nigerian Judge Elected The President Of International Criminal Court by anthney87: 1:38pm On Mar 12, 2018
good

(1) (Reply)

I Left My House Of Reps Ambition To Support Uche Nwosu – Chief Lasbery Okafor / The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians In Electing Our Leaders / Reno Omokri Reacts To $1BN Buhari Approved To Purchase Military Equipment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.