Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

I Am Genuinely Worried About Attacks In Benue – Buhari Claims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Genuinely Worried About Attacks In Benue – Buhari Claims (522 Views)

FACT-CHECK: Verifying President Muhammadu Buhari’s Claims In 2019 Budget Speech / Killings In Zamfara More Than The Numbers In Plateau And Benue - Buhari / "I Never Knew IGP Moved To Nasarawa After I Sent Him To Benue" - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Genuinely Worried About Attacks In Benue – Buhari Claims by Ezenwammadu(m): 7:59pm On Mar 12, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday said that government was deeply worried about the incessant attacks on Benue’s rural communities, and vowed to end the menace “very soon”.

Buhari, who met with farmers, herdsmen, government officials and other stakeholders in Makurdi, denied insinuations that he was not interested in what was happening to the north-central state.

“I cannot overlook the killings in Benue or any other part of Nigeria. I cannot do that. I am genuinely worried about the attacks in Benue and we are doing everything to end them,” he said.

He said that the insecurity in some states was a major concern to his government, adding that concerted efforts were being made to restore normalcy to every part of the country.

Buhari said that he was surprised at the revelation that the Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, did not spend 24 hours in Benue, when he directed him to relocate to the state and remain there till peace was restored.

“I am getting to know this in this meeting. I am quite surprised,” he said.

He, however, said that the meeting was not the best place to expose the inefficiency of his appointees, and appealed to Benue people to exercise restraint and live in peace with their neighbours.

Buhari appealed to the people to pay more attention to farming, especially rice cultivation, saying that rice importation had dropped by 90 per cent since some states embarked on the massive production of the commodity.

Speaking earlier, Gov Samuel Ortom appealed to the President to upgrade the ongoing military exercise in the state tagged “Ayem Akpatema”, to a wider operation to effectively curb herdsmen attacks.

“If the exercise is upgraded to a wider operation, it will assist greatly in ending the incessant attacks and senseless killings by herdsmen,” he said

He urged Benue people to learn to live in peace with other people.

Ortom said that many states were currently involved in the massive cultivation of rice, and urged his people to join the trend.

NAN.

http://punchng.com/i-am-genuinely-worried-about-the-attacks-in-benue-buhari/
Re: I Am Genuinely Worried About Attacks In Benue – Buhari Claims by Ngokafor(f): 8:08pm On Mar 12, 2018
Mschewww!..Buhari the black mamba,only your zombies listens to your
Nonsense.
As for Ortom,he is nothing but a weak clown.
Re: I Am Genuinely Worried About Attacks In Benue – Buhari Claims by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 12, 2018
Ezenwammadu:
President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday said that government was deeply worried about the incessant attacks on Benue’s rural communities, and vowed to end the menace “very soon”.

Buhari, who met with farmers, herdsmen, government officials and other stakeholders in Makurdi, denied insinuations that he was not interested in what was happening to the north-central state.

“I cannot overlook the killings in Benue or any other part of Nigeria. I cannot do that. I am genuinely worried about the attacks in Benue and we are doing everything to end them,” he said.

He said that the insecurity in some states was a major concern to his government, adding that concerted efforts were being made to restore normalcy to every part of the country.

Buhari said that he was surprised at the revelation that the Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, did not spend 24 hours in Benue, when he directed him to relocate to the state and remain there till peace was restored.

“I am getting to know this in this meeting. I am quite surprised,” he said.

He, however, said that the meeting was not the best place to expose the inefficiency of his appointees, and appealed to Benue people to exercise restraint and live in peace with their neighbours.

Buhari appealed to the people to pay more attention to farming, especially rice cultivation, saying that rice importation had dropped by 90 per cent since some states embarked on the massive production of the commodity.

Speaking earlier, Gov Samuel Ortom appealed to the President to upgrade the ongoing military exercise in the state tagged “Ayem Akpatema”, to a wider operation to effectively curb herdsmen attacks.

“If the exercise is upgraded to a wider operation, it will assist greatly in ending the incessant attacks and senseless killings by herdsmen,” he said

He urged Benue people to learn to live in peace with other people.

Ortom said that many states were currently involved in the massive cultivation of rice, and urged his people to join the trend.

NAN.

http://punchng.com/i-am-genuinely-worried-about-the-attacks-in-benue-buhari/

Re: I Am Genuinely Worried About Attacks In Benue – Buhari Claims by saarumann: 8:15pm On Mar 12, 2018
I'm genuinely worried by the attacks in Benue. - Buhari

For more jokes, text "Buhari" to 419.
Re: I Am Genuinely Worried About Attacks In Benue – Buhari Claims by sarrki(m): 8:16pm On Mar 12, 2018
saarumann:
I'm genuinely worried by the attacks in Benue. - Buhari

For more jokes, text "Buhari" to 419.

All this crisis will go Igbos way
Re: I Am Genuinely Worried About Attacks In Benue – Buhari Claims by saarumann: 8:19pm On Mar 12, 2018
Coming over 2 months after confessing he never knew his IG was in Nasarawa state.

He should tell us another story. Buhari's comments is nothing but insults to those who were massacred by his kinsmen.
Re: I Am Genuinely Worried About Attacks In Benue – Buhari Claims by elampiro(m): 8:20pm On Mar 12, 2018
Buhari is trying. The killings have been on for decades and even and worse between 2010 and 2014.
Re: I Am Genuinely Worried About Attacks In Benue – Buhari Claims by saarumann: 8:23pm On Mar 12, 2018
sarrki:

All this crisis will go Igbos way
I don't even know who has the worst brain infection between you and your master buhari. Is IPOB the caused of buhari's dullness?
Re: I Am Genuinely Worried About Attacks In Benue – Buhari Claims by mars123(m): 8:30pm On Mar 12, 2018
If Nigeria was Buhari's property, he for don sell am build cattle ranch since...
Re: I Am Genuinely Worried About Attacks In Benue – Buhari Claims by omowolewa: 8:36pm On Mar 12, 2018
As in genuineness from Salat mind
Re: I Am Genuinely Worried About Attacks In Benue – Buhari Claims by Paperwhite(m): 9:05pm On Mar 12, 2018
Mr.President you're simply heartless otherwise your killer brother have never been devilish daring yet you never decleared them terrorists. angry

(1) (Reply)

#OSUN2018: Achievements Of Hon. Bunmi Ibiloye / PHOTOS: Governor Fayose And Udom At Dominion Mandate Conference In Uyo / We Haven't Effectively Tackled Corruption - VP Osinbajo Admits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.