Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

Translation Is Needed - Thanks :) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Translation Is Needed - Thanks :) (1112 Views)

What's The Literal Translation Of (north, South, East, West) In Your Language? / Edo State Proverbs In All Dialects With Translation(s) / Yoruba - Translation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Translation Is Needed - Thanks :) by German1234(f): 12:50pm On Apr 30, 2010
I will never learn igbo, BUT, what does this mean?

It is something my BF wrote to another girl - should I be scared?:

"Ina'a ederem igbo ina'amagi. Ebe giwa si Germany emechaa giwa agbawmu onye na akuzirigiya ohh"

Last translation I need in this life - I promise smiley smiley

Thaaanks
Re: Translation Is Needed - Thanks :) by justwise(m): 12:56pm On Apr 30, 2010
@op.

"Ina'a ederem igbo ina'amagi. Ebe giwa si Germany emechaa giwa agbawmu onye na akuzirigiya ohh"

He is basically saying that you are writing him in Igbo language that you do not understand, that who is teaching you Igbo language, that u got some explanations to do later.
Re: Translation Is Needed - Thanks :) by SAGoddess: 12:57pm On Apr 30, 2010
Hey Wiseman wink
Re: Translation Is Needed - Thanks :) by justwise(m): 12:58pm On Apr 30, 2010
SA Goddess:

Hey Wiseman wink

How far? smiley smiley smiley
Re: Translation Is Needed - Thanks :) by SAGoddess: 1:01pm On Apr 30, 2010
I am there, no complaints, I don't want to start with my terribly BROKEN pegion English-O grin grin
Re: Translation Is Needed - Thanks :) by justwise(m): 1:02pm On Apr 30, 2010
SA Goddess:

I am there, no complaints, I don't want to start with my terribly BROKEN pegion English-O grin grin

hahahaha. . . i was tempting you wink wink wink
Re: Translation Is Needed - Thanks :) by SAGoddess: 1:04pm On Apr 30, 2010
justwise:

hahahaha. . . i was tempting you wink wink wink

grin grin grin Don't tempt me "during" the people, I will make a fool of myself, don't get me started I beg-O my maan! grin grin grin
Re: Translation Is Needed - Thanks :) by justwise(m): 1:08pm On Apr 30, 2010
SA Goddess:

grin grin grin Don't tempt me "during" the people, I will make a fool of myself, don't get me started I beg-O my maan! grin grin grin

Hahaha. . there we go grin grin
Re: Translation Is Needed - Thanks :) by SAGoddess: 1:09pm On Apr 30, 2010
You know you are my person na wink I don't always let the Pegion out like that-OOOOOOOOO grin grin grin grin
Re: Translation Is Needed - Thanks :) by SAGoddess: 1:12pm On Apr 30, 2010
Answer poster na, wink We no go make this about us-O Heheheheheheheheh, you see Pegion is easy, just add OOOO at the end of everything! grin grin grin
Re: Translation Is Needed - Thanks :) by justwise(m): 1:14pm On Apr 30, 2010
SA Goddess:

Answer poster na, wink We no go make this about us-O Heheheheheheheheh, you see Pegion is easy, just add OOOO at the end of everything! grin grin grin

Your pigen is too english. . not raw enough hahaha
Re: Translation Is Needed - Thanks :) by SAGoddess: 1:24pm On Apr 30, 2010
I must find more brodas to hang out with for more lessons grin grin, give me a "mont" and see, I no go be good-O, you no go see-O cheesy cheesy cheesy
shoooo, I must stop now, I am getting carried away cheesy killing myself with laughter in the process!
Re: Translation Is Needed - Thanks :) by German1234(f): 1:33pm On Apr 30, 2010
justwise:

He is basically saying that you are writing him in Igbo language that you do not understand, that who is teaching you Igbo language, that u got some explanations to do later.

But why is there a "germany" in this sentence? Is it possible to get a more precise translation?

Thank anyway smiley smiley
Re: Translation Is Needed - Thanks :) by tkb417(m): 1:36pm On Apr 30, 2010
haha

German, its best if you put all your enquiries in one thread so you wont have to open many threads as the igbo lesson continues
Re: Translation Is Needed - Thanks :) by German1234(f): 1:38pm On Apr 30, 2010
I know smiley

I will do this from now smiley

- Just a german girl eager to learn smiley
Re: Translation Is Needed - Thanks :) by tkb417(m): 1:41pm On Apr 30, 2010
okidoki

over to you the igbo teachers
Re: Translation Is Needed - Thanks :) by justwise(m): 1:46pm On Apr 30, 2010
German1234:

But why is there a "germany" in this sentence? Is it possible to get a more precise translation?

Thank anyway smiley smiley

Yes he said as a german woman who does not understand Igbo language, that how did you managed to write him in Igbo language, that u have to tell him who is teaching you Igbo language.
Re: Translation Is Needed - Thanks :) by Odunnu: 1:51pm On Apr 30, 2010
German1234:

Its exactly what justwise translated.You see 'Germany' cz he's like,u r a German who is teachn u Ibo?You'v got xplanations 2make 2hm.
Dnt hesitate 2ask even whn u get a yoruba or hausa bf.If i'm online i'l help u out.
Hop u r enjoying Nl?
Re: Translation Is Needed - Thanks :) by German1234(f): 9:12am On May 03, 2010
Thanks for all your help shocked) I managed to give him the explanation that I heard HIM say it once, And that I catch on easily, Dont know if he bought it, I think its so interesting to learn new languages. And I have searched a little bit online about the igbo language and something is very strange to me, and that is that there are sooo many different ways of saying the same thing - it is even spelled differently. Is there, like in german, one official way of spelling or do you just spell it the way it is pronounced?

German1234 smiley
Re: Translation Is Needed - Thanks :) by Cyana(f): 1:55pm On May 03, 2010
Hey German,
This is quite funny,my man who is also Igbo asked me the same thing when i started learning to speak and write Igbo and sent him little sms'es,
His words were ''Who is this nigerian man that is teaching you Igbo?'', why cant it be a woman or the internet?
But i wouldnt dare say that to him,i introduced him to nairaland instead, now he is teaching me a bit.
But i feel you. though girl,
Re: Translation Is Needed - Thanks :) by ifyalways(f): 7:22pm On May 03, 2010
Justwise is igbo? shocked shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Priests, Traditional Chiefs, Desert Palace, Fail To Perform Rituals / Igbo Iri Ji(2009) Cultural Festival By Igbo Community Of South Australia- Video / A Black Guy Tries To Become Somali- Must Watch Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.