Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

APC Lawmakers Sabotaging Buhari’s Govt - Sen Adamu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Lawmakers Sabotaging Buhari’s Govt - Sen Adamu (7770 Views)

17 Edo APC Lawmakers Holding Parallel Session In An Undisclosed location / APC Accuses Ohanaeze Of Sabotaging Buhari’s Campaign / Saraki Using Senate For Personal Interest — Sen Adamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Lawmakers Sabotaging Buhari’s Govt - Sen Adamu by JosEast(m): 6:48am On Mar 13, 2018
Chairman of the Senate Committee on Agriculture, Senator Abdullahi Adamu (APC, Nasarawa) yesterday said no amount of intimidation would stop him from supporting President Muhammadu Buhari.

He said it was unfortunate that lawmakers of the All Progressives Congress were sabotaging the President.

Adamu was on Thursday accused by Senator Obinna Ogba (PDP, Ebonyi) of plotting to destabilize the Senate and remove Senate President Bukola Saraki from office.

Adamu in a statement he issued last night faulted Ogba’s claim. He said his crimes were the call against show of disrespect to the person and office of the President and his position on the change of election sequence.

“I believe we need to retrace our steps and reconsider our stand as legislators on matters of public interest.

“Our party, APC, has the majority in both chambers of the National Assembly, yet we hold the Executive prisoner of politics that are unhealthy for the polity. It is such a terrible irony that we sabotage our own government by refusing to do our part in support of the Executive.

“Appointments requiring Senate approval are held up. The consequence is that the public has nicknamed the President and his administration go-slow. The people gave us the mandate as a party to deliver,” he said.

“On the allegation that he was plotting Saraki’s removal, Adamu said, “ If I was interested in contesting the Senate presidency in 2015, nothing would have stopped me from doing so. I was qualified for the office. This is another naked lie to tarnish my name. Let me caution that this smear campaign against me is neither in the interest of the Senate nor of the senators.”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/apc-lawmakers-sabotaging-buhari-s-govt-sen-adamu.html

2 Likes

Re: APC Lawmakers Sabotaging Buhari’s Govt - Sen Adamu by Paperwhite(m): 7:02am On Mar 13, 2018
APC still on self-destruct mode.Nice & welcomed development.

8 Likes

Re: APC Lawmakers Sabotaging Buhari’s Govt - Sen Adamu by chuksjuve(m): 7:07am On Mar 13, 2018
Apc house of commotion..

The fall of Apc is a benefit to Nigeria

15 Likes

Re: APC Lawmakers Sabotaging Buhari’s Govt - Sen Adamu by Omeokachie: 7:35am On Mar 13, 2018
"N70m swallowing monkey" - Shehu Sani

5 Likes

Re: APC Lawmakers Sabotaging Buhari’s Govt - Sen Adamu by Caustics: 9:30am On Mar 13, 2018
nigerian politics is the best
Re: APC Lawmakers Sabotaging Buhari’s Govt - Sen Adamu by Benjom(m): 9:31am On Mar 13, 2018
Let them turn against themselves until their members join other parties cool

2 Likes

Re: APC Lawmakers Sabotaging Buhari’s Govt - Sen Adamu by NwaAmaikpe: 9:31am On Mar 13, 2018
shocked

Three words.
#Back to Daura

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Lawmakers Sabotaging Buhari’s Govt - Sen Adamu by ODVanguard: 9:32am On Mar 13, 2018
Buhari is the architect of his own predicament with the NA.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Lawmakers Sabotaging Buhari’s Govt - Sen Adamu by AdaIhiala(f): 9:32am On Mar 13, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: APC Lawmakers Sabotaging Buhari’s Govt - Sen Adamu by Lilimax(f): 9:33am On Mar 13, 2018
Confusion don dey get accident small small shocked

1 Like

Re: APC Lawmakers Sabotaging Buhari’s Govt - Sen Adamu by highchief1: 9:34am On Mar 13, 2018
JosEast:
Chairman of the Senate Committee on Agriculture, Senator Abdullahi Adamu (APC, Nasarawa) yesterday said no amount of intimidation would stop him from supporting President Muhammadu Buhari.

He said it was unfortunate that lawmakers of the All Progressives Congress were sabotaging the President.

Adamu was on Thursday accused by Senator Obinna Ogba (PDP, Ebonyi) of plotting to destabilize the Senate and remove Senate President Bukola Saraki from office.

Adamu in a statement he issued last night faulted Ogba’s claim. He said his crimes were the call against show of disrespect to the person and office of the President and his position on the change of election sequence.

“I believe we need to retrace our steps and reconsider our stand as legislators on matters of public interest.

“Our party, APC, has the majority in both chambers of the National Assembly, yet we hold the Executive prisoner of politics that are unhealthy for the polity. It is such a terrible irony that we sabotage our own government by refusing to do our part in support of the Executive.

“Appointments requiring Senate approval are held up. The consequence is that the public has nicknamed the President and his administration go-slow. The people gave us the mandate as a party to deliver,” he said.

“On the allegation that he was plotting Saraki’s removal, Adamu said, “ If I was interested in contesting the Senate presidency in 2015, nothing would have stopped me from doing so. I was qualified for the office. This is another naked lie to tarnish my name. Let me caution that this smear campaign against me is neither in the interest of the Senate nor of the senators.”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/apc-lawmakers-sabotaging-buhari-s-govt-sen-adamu.html
oh this old man that will die before 2019?
Re: APC Lawmakers Sabotaging Buhari’s Govt - Sen Adamu by kingsaif(m): 9:35am On Mar 13, 2018
ok den
Re: APC Lawmakers Sabotaging Buhari’s Govt - Sen Adamu by tetralogyfallot(m): 9:37am On Mar 13, 2018
Its quite unfortunate for we the supporters of President muhammadu Buhari that he is not a good leader. Its true, pmb is honest and incorruptible but been honest and corrupt free alone does not guarantee good leadership. I was baffled when senator shehu sani revealed what senators earn monthly and the man we voted for thinking he will bring sanity in the system is there enjoying free presidential luxury in Aso rock. It is coming to reality that we Nigerians are the enemy of our dear country. Criticise baba's government today and u are qualified to be called a wailer. APC has barely fulfilled any of its campaign promises. I was filled with furry when a slowpoke, dumb, ignorant follower called me buhari's hater just for saying our economy is looking gloomy and not what we expected.

3 Likes

Re: APC Lawmakers Sabotaging Buhari’s Govt - Sen Adamu by myproperty(m): 9:38am On Mar 13, 2018
Desperation for re-election. The national assembly is not a political party assembly. Even if all are APC members, they must be independent. As a lawmaker you should know. Majority decision carries the vote

2 Likes

Re: APC Lawmakers Sabotaging Buhari’s Govt - Sen Adamu by maestroferddi: 9:38am On Mar 13, 2018
Senseless man...

So you want them to sell their conscience and support impunity and evil...

2 Likes

Re: APC Lawmakers Sabotaging Buhari’s Govt - Sen Adamu by tobtap: 9:41am On Mar 13, 2018
cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: APC Lawmakers Sabotaging Buhari’s Govt - Sen Adamu by 4kDdullard: 9:46am On Mar 13, 2018
They are no more blaming Jonathan's men.Issorait!

1 Like

Re: APC Lawmakers Sabotaging Buhari’s Govt - Sen Adamu by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 13, 2018
the way APC will implode can't be imagined. disastrous!!!

3 Likes

Re: APC Lawmakers Sabotaging Buhari’s Govt - Sen Adamu by DIKEnaWAR: 9:49am On Mar 13, 2018
Old, stupid and useless. With his face like a 70 year old goat.

3 Likes

Re: APC Lawmakers Sabotaging Buhari’s Govt - Sen Adamu by jordyspices: 9:58am On Mar 13, 2018
No be dis man wey monkey for him farm swallow nothern senators 70million he must support bubu his master embarassed

2 Likes

Re: APC Lawmakers Sabotaging Buhari’s Govt - Sen Adamu by melvinjames: 9:59am On Mar 13, 2018
APC is crumbling right before our eyes.

2 Likes

Re: APC Lawmakers Sabotaging Buhari’s Govt - Sen Adamu by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 13, 2018
tetralogyfallot:
Its quite unfortunate for we the supporters of President muhammadu Buhari that he is not a good leader. Its true, pmb is honest and incorruptible but been honest and corrupt free alone does not guarantee good leadership. I was baffled when senator shehu sani revealed what senators earn monthly and the man we voted for thinking he will bring sanity in the system is there enjoying free presidential luxury in Aso rock. It is coming to reality that we Nigerians are the enemy of our dear country. Criticise baba's government today and u are qualified to be called a wailer. APC has barely fulfilled any of its campaign promises. I was filled with furry when a slowpoke, dumb, ignorant follower called me buhari's hater just for saying our economy is looking gloomy and not what we expected.
De there make pant de wear you. When he was sick he went abroad for his treatment, same for his son and the 1st lady said there is no panadol in national hospital but you keep worshipping buhari who promised to end medical tourism. Same man who said subsidy was fraud but today he is president and minister for petroleum and how much do we pay for subsidy daily? What has happened to the refineries? Boko haram has captured another 110 girls, fulani herdsmen cont butchering people and go unpunished and you are here talking nonsense...do you even know the meaning of corruption?

2 Likes

Re: APC Lawmakers Sabotaging Buhari’s Govt - Sen Adamu by BabaO2: 10:14am On Mar 13, 2018
Buhari himself caused the major problem when he said he belong to nobody, he allowed saraki and the likes of melaye to hijack national assembly in apparent disloyal to Tinubu and APC's choice of leadership. I don't know how a president will be so cautious and afraid of what people say about him for brutally dealing with dissidents. OBJ had his own way, because he was decisive, Trump is having his ways because he's decisive and ready to crush anyone no matter how highly placed that there crosses his way.

3 Likes

Re: APC Lawmakers Sabotaging Buhari’s Govt - Sen Adamu by Jibabs2(m): 10:23am On Mar 13, 2018
Allah ya kara daukaka Audu. continue the good work, we the people of nasarawa are and always with you.
Sai Audu
Sai Baba
Sai Nigeria
Re: APC Lawmakers Sabotaging Buhari’s Govt - Sen Adamu by tetralogyfallot(m): 10:24am On Mar 13, 2018
kattytamer:

De there make pant de wear you. When he was sick he went abroad for his treatment, same for his son and the 1st lady said there is no panadol in national hospital but you keep worshipping buhari who promised to end medical tourism. Same man who said subsidy was fraud but today he is president and minister for petroleum and how much do we pay for subsidy daily? What has happened to the refineries? Boko haram has captured another 110 girls, fulani herdsmen cont butchering people and go unpunished and you are here talking nonsense...do you even know the meaning of corruption?
this is bad governance and not corruption they are 2 different things. Its u i should ask if u know the meaning of corruption.
Re: APC Lawmakers Sabotaging Buhari’s Govt - Sen Adamu by Tecno66: 10:34am On Mar 13, 2018
The house should ensure checks and balances. This guy seems to prefer the rubber stamp stuff. Where was he when Na'aba and the present gov of Sokoto state were speaker of the house of reps and were calling the bluff of the government? I think rubber stamp paliaments do not help the system irrespective of the party in power.
JosEast:

3 Likes

Re: APC Lawmakers Sabotaging Buhari’s Govt - Sen Adamu by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 13, 2018
tetralogyfallot:
this is bad governance and not corruption they are 2 different things. Its u i should ask if u know the meaning of corruption.
You are just narrow minded, by using his office to get the best for himself and family while other cont to suffer he has exemplified corruption clearly, which is different from "stealing" as the otuoke drunk puts it. On the other side of the coin is nepotism and favouritism which he is also very guilty of. He is no different or better than the others before him, the refineries are still grounded while "the cabal" collects subsidy to import pet prods, boko haram is still very active kidnapping and killing our young soldiers, herdsmen still go about killing, lassa fever and meningitis still killing people,ASUU/nasu is still on strike, our debts still keep rising, nothing has changed.

4 Likes

Re: APC Lawmakers Sabotaging Buhari’s Govt - Sen Adamu by excel101(m): 10:57am On Mar 13, 2018
Adamu why is it that your likes always blame others for PMB's failures. Even corruption is fighting against our No1 acclaimed corruption fighter. Imagine the latest noise about "external Reserve has increased" without any impart on Nigerians. Failures, you better send that old sick man back to DAURA.

3 Likes

Re: APC Lawmakers Sabotaging Buhari’s Govt - Sen Adamu by Bhol28: 10:58am On Mar 13, 2018
The fact is PMB and the NH will always be at loggerheads because unlike previous govts of OBJ and GEJ in which looted funds were always being shared with NH to get approvals PMB will never bribe them.The NH were mere rubber stamps to decisions of the former govts becos money was always exchanging hands.
Re: APC Lawmakers Sabotaging Buhari’s Govt - Sen Adamu by bejeria101(m): 1:21pm On Mar 13, 2018
Buhari aka saboteur! Aka recessionist!

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Expect Improvements In Economy, Job & Electricity Supply In 2020-poll / Benue Final Result As Announced / Bayelsa: Cancel Elections In Brass, Nembe & S/Ijaw, Group Tells INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.