Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,976 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Discrimination Against Nigerians Online (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Discrimination Against Nigerians Online (Photos) (935 Views)

Petrol Price: FG Setting Us Against Nigerians, Marketers Say / 6 Most Hated Nigerians Online / South African Police Officers Stage Protest Against Nigerians (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discrimination Against Nigerians Online (Photos) by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 13, 2018
Something disappointing happened minutes ago. I was reading an article online about investing in car dealership, the writer suggested a website called Autotrader and provided a link. I clicked on the link and got this:

I suspected foul play, so I lauched my Epic browser, used a USA proxy and alas the website was working perfectly fine.

I refreshed the tab on my chrome browser and got the same bogus feedback. This is just how hard it is being a Nigerian online, thanks to yahoo yahoo and drug dealing factors.

1 Like

Re: Discrimination Against Nigerians Online (Photos) by Optional09: 3:46pm On Mar 13, 2018
You never chin chon chin
Re: Discrimination Against Nigerians Online (Photos) by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 13, 2018
Optional09:
You never chin chon chin
Mehn, no be so o. I'm not new to this, sites like gamestop and others also don't allow Nigerians access their sites. I'm always like WTF, I have my money and ready to pay, what kind of idiot drives customers away?

Also, I noticed some sites do allow Africans access their sites but mostly South Africans and/or Kenyans.
Re: Discrimination Against Nigerians Online (Photos) by Optional09: 4:06pm On Mar 13, 2018
iiooxx:
Mehn, no be so o. I'm not new to this, sites like gamestop and others also don't allow Nigerians access their sites. I'm always like WTF, I have my money and ready to pay, what kind of idiot drives customers away?

Also, I noticed some sites do allow Africans access their sites but mostly South Africans and/or Kenya.

It’s frustrating in Nigeria, no reasonable site can be easily accessed.
Re: Discrimination Against Nigerians Online (Photos) by ChimaAdeoye: 1:57am On Mar 14, 2018
Optional09:
You never chin chon chin

Website works just fine. They just had to warn customers against "Nigeria"

Re: Discrimination Against Nigerians Online (Photos) by Nobody: 12:23am On Mar 16, 2018
ChimaAdeoye:

Website works just fine. They just had to warn customers against "Nigeria"
Eff them. To be honest, the website has links to legit dealers. I think it'll make sense to ship the cars to Benin republic port and clear them through the border sha.
Re: Discrimination Against Nigerians Online (Photos) by ZombieTAMER: 1:37am On Mar 16, 2018
iiooxx:
Eff them. To be honest, the website has links to legit dealers. I think it'll make sense to ship the cars to Benin republic port and clear them through the border sha.

If you don't have links at the border... Just forget it

They are extorting Nigerians at our ports here and nobody is talking...go and See cheap affordable cars in Benin Republic because of the friendly import duties
Re: Discrimination Against Nigerians Online (Photos) by Nobody: 12:48pm On Mar 16, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram faction seizes Borno, Yobe towns, taxes residents – Report / What Is PMB Waiting For To Proscribe These Terror HERDSMEN Terrorists? / Ward Congress In Imo Not Cancelled, Says Imo Chapter Of Apc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.