Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Mother In Law From Hell: My Mother In-law Calls Me A Bastard - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Mother In Law From Hell: My Mother In-law Calls Me A Bastard (709 Views)

He Gives Me Anything I Want, Calls Me Frequently But Has Never Asked Me Out / I Wasted 6 Years On This Bastard Only For Me To See His Wedding IV On IG - Lady / 'You Are A Selfish Bastard One Minute Man'- Unsatisfied Lady Curses Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother In Law From Hell: My Mother In-law Calls Me A Bastard by Beke2020: 7:29pm On Mar 13, 2018
Good Morning ma,

I have only been married for seven months and I think I realize now that I have made a mistake in getting married to Chidi. I am thinking of a temporary separation in order for us to decide if this marriage will work out or not.

To be fair to my husband,he is trying but it seems our marriage is not meant to be. In Africa,men choose their mother first before their wife,maybe because they feel they have known the mother longer than the wife.

Chidi’s mother hates me and is doing everything to ensure I do not enjoy my marriage to her son. Right from when we were dating,she always made very unfriendly comments and that worried me but Chidi kept telling me not to worry as all I needed to do was get closer to the mom so she will get to like me. I did everything I could in my power. I visited her,bought her gifts,cleaned for her but she still didnt like me. Our marriage almost didnt hold,we broke up one time because of her but I guess the love was too strong,we got back again.

Since I got married,the same thing has been going on,even worse. Chidi’s mother’s problem with me is the fact that I was raised by a single mother and my grand mother too was a single mother. She said I was not raised properly and as such,not fit for her son. Her son,to the best of my knowledge has never complained about me. If anything,he loves me so much. But his mother keeps taunting me and that gets us into various arguments and I end up crying.

At first,I decided to ignore this woman. But she came to visit us and practically made life difficult for me. She refused to eat my food. She would go to the market and buy her own food stuff and cook her own food in my own house. When I complained to my husband,he begged me to just ignore her. That she is only visiting and will soon leave. But she makes food for my husband from her cooking and that really annoys me. I quarreled with my husband as to why he would eat his mother’s food and ignore mine. He will then try and be forcing himself to eat mine too. This was really frustrating.

Another thing I found very annoying was the fact that once my husband gets back from work,she engages him in conversation until past mid night. That truly pisses me off. She has taken over the time I have to bond with my husband. Its even affecting our sex life. I have been trying to conceive and not having regular sex is not helping. My husband says his mother will soon leave but she has been with us for almost two months. He says he cannot chase his mother away as it is against tradition. The sons’s mother is allowed......

https://livelystones.com.ng/mother-in-law-from-hell-my-mother-in-law-calls-me-a-bastard/
Re: Mother In Law From Hell: My Mother In-law Calls Me A Bastard by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 13, 2018
And then it happens your husband is nt man enough. Ur must have noticed it b4 now, bt u still went ahead with d marriage.
Re: Mother In Law From Hell: My Mother In-law Calls Me A Bastard by noruwasman(m): 8:29pm On Mar 13, 2018
That you already say a sign of your so called husband( mummy's boy) who is not yet matured enough and went ahead with the marriage. Sister pray and enjoyed your marriage and leave nairalanders in peace biko
Re: Mother In Law From Hell: My Mother In-law Calls Me A Bastard by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 13, 2018
Nne manage him like that.
Re: Mother In Law From Hell: My Mother In-law Calls Me A Bastard by shaybebaby(f): 8:35pm On Mar 13, 2018
I had a somewhat similar experience only this time it was my man's sister. Same sort of ish.

I ignored her till she left, made sure I wasn't about to say bye and once she'd gone, told OH I didn't want her darkening my doorstep ever again. Followed by blocking all lines of communication (Facebook, WhatsApp etc) we had previously. No time. angry
Re: Mother In Law From Hell: My Mother In-law Calls Me A Bastard by Beke2020: 8:57pm On Mar 13, 2018
Nice point, we learn every day
shaybebaby:
I had a somewhat similar experience only this time it was my man's sister. Same sort of ish.

I ignored her till she left, made sure I wasn't about to say bye and once she'd gone, told OH I didn't want her darkening my doorstep ever again. Followed by blocking all lines of communication (Facebook, WhatsApp etc) we had previously. No time. angry

Re: Mother In Law From Hell: My Mother In-law Calls Me A Bastard by shaybebaby(f): 9:02pm On Mar 13, 2018
Beke2020:
Nice point, we learn every day
Well I figured she'd have to see me to be able to give me attitude. So I changed that.

She can still have a relationship with her sibling everywhere but in the home we share. I am not going to let another human being make me uncomfortable in my own yard.
Re: Mother In Law From Hell: My Mother In-law Calls Me A Bastard by Beke2020: 9:08pm On Mar 13, 2018
this is insightful. i have to share the comment the blog
shaybebaby:

Well I figured she'd have to see me to be able to give me attitude. So I changed that.

She can still have a relationship with her sibling everywhere but in the home we share. I am not going to let another human being make me uncomfortable in my own yard.

(1) (Reply)

When A Woman Doesn't Know Who Impregnated Her / Game:type "I Drink Because..." / Sex Is Food For Married People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.