Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,497 members, 7,770,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:58 AM

"Yakubu Gowon And S.G Tokida Saved My Father’s Life" - Femi Fani-Kayode (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Yakubu Gowon And S.G Tokida Saved My Father’s Life" - Femi Fani-Kayode (Photos) (13772 Views)

Jide Sanwo-Olu At The Inauguration & Swearing-In Of Fayemi Kayode (Photos) / Police Set To Arrest Femi Fani-Kayode (PHOTOS/REASONS) / Ibrahim Shekarau Visits Fani Kayode(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Yakubu Gowon And S.G Tokida Saved My Father’s Life" - Femi Fani-Kayode (Photos) by Smily202(m): 7:01pm On Mar 14, 2018
LaudableXX:

And if you can say such things about Gowon, what about the Oxford-trained general who led your people into a war he knew they were ill-prepared for and could not win, and ended up losing 3 million of them in the process?
Was it Gowon who told that general to seize federal govt assets in the SE region ignore the police action, declare Biafra, and embark on a war?

That Oxford trained General didn't declare war . He wants to be alone . At the bolded ; are u kidding me. Where r the federal govt asset in SE today. ??
Re: "Yakubu Gowon And S.G Tokida Saved My Father’s Life" - Femi Fani-Kayode (Photos) by LaudableXX: 8:07pm On Mar 14, 2018
Smily202:
That Oxford trained General didn't declare war . He wants to be alone . At the bolded ; are u kidding me. Where r the federal govt asset in SE today. ??
You have obviously not done your research. Google is your friend. Go back and read up on what transpired before police action was taken, and the civil war started.
Re: "Yakubu Gowon And S.G Tokida Saved My Father’s Life" - Femi Fani-Kayode (Photos) by Bane2020: 8:17pm On Mar 14, 2018
[/quote][quote author=LaudableXX post=65840970]
You have obviously not done your research. Google is your friend. Go back and read up on what transpired before police action was taken, and the civil war started.
So you are telling me Ojukwu was at fault for taking the most rational measure to protect his people after the pogrom meted out on Igbos and other Easterners all over Nigeria? in his capacity as military governor of the Eastern region, and considering the circumstances that brought Gowon(a officer who was rather imposed on the nation by the North ahead of more senior officers), where you expecting Ojukwu as a soldier and human being to just ignore the fact that his people were no longer wanted in Nigeria after all the massacres... And just kiss Gowon's a.s.s,remember the same Gowon reneged on the Aburi accord that gave more power to the regional governments with confederacy as the solution to the nation's friction. dude before you mitigate the essence of history... try use your brain and conscience, and put yourself in the place of Ojukwu... stop twisting history to suit your idiotic ego... Ojukwu wasn't perfect and had a part to play in the unfortunate Civil War that should have been avoided , but it will be hypocritical to claim Ojukwu caused the war, cause you and I would have probably done the same thing... You can't kill my people and expect us to sing One Nigeria... That's just unrealistic and obscenely idiotic.

1 Like

Re: "Yakubu Gowon And S.G Tokida Saved My Father’s Life" - Femi Fani-Kayode (Photos) by mana123: 9:00pm On Mar 14, 2018
Bane2020:

So you are telling me Ojukwu was at fault for taking the most rational measure to protect his people after the pogrom meted out on Igbos and other Easterners all over Nigeria? in his capacity as military governor of the Eastern region, and considering the circumstances that brought Gowon(a officer who was rather imposed on the nation by the North ahead of more senior officers), where you expecting Ojukwu as a soldier and human being to just ignore the fact that his people were no longer wanted in Nigeria after all the massacres... And just kiss Gowon's a.s.s,remember the same Gowon reneged on the Aburi accord that gave more power to the regional governments with confederacy as the solution to the nation's friction. dude before you mitigate the essence of history... try use your brain and conscience, and put yourself in the place of Ojukwu... stop twisting history to suit your idiotic ego... Ojukwu wasn't perfect and had a part to play in the unfortunate Civil War that should have been avoided , but it will be hypocritical to claim Ojukwu caused the war, cause you and I would have probably done the same thing... You can't kill my people and expect us to sing One Nigeria... That's just unrealistic and obscenely idiotic.

God bless you Bro
Re: "Yakubu Gowon And S.G Tokida Saved My Father’s Life" - Femi Fani-Kayode (Photos) by LaudableXX: 10:16pm On Mar 14, 2018
Bane2020:

What rational decision did Ojukwu make? You call leading people into a war they could not win, and were not prepared for, a rational act? shocked Guy, look up the meaning of the word 'rational' in the dictionary before you start opening your mouth wide.

And like I told you before; go back and do your research! undecided Gowon was not imposed on anybody. The people who should have taken over power like Ogundipe had declined, and left the scene. You are ill-informed and too egotistic to seek knowledge, that is why your comments are so illogical. Your people were led into a war that claimed their lives by an Oxford-trained general who was too self-centred and myopic to see beyond his selfish interest to rule the SE.

As for Aburi, too many things have been said about it. Even if the Aburi accord was rejected, was that enough reason for your general to lead his people into a war that claimed 3 million souls of your people? shocked Let us know, when you finish kissing Ojukwu's arse....
Re: "Yakubu Gowon And S.G Tokida Saved My Father’s Life" - Femi Fani-Kayode (Photos) by Bane2020: 10:41pm On Mar 14, 2018
LaudableXX:

What rational decision did Ojukwu make? You call leading people into a war they could not win, and were not prepared for, a rational act? shocked Guy, look up the meaning of the word 'rational' in the dictionary before you start opening your mouth wide.

And like I told you before; go back and do your research! undecided Gowon was not imposed on anybody. The people who should have taken over power like Ogundipe had declined, and left the scene. You are ill-informed and too egotistic to seek knowledge, that is why your comments are so illogical. Your people were led into a war that claimed their lives by an Oxford-trained general who was too self-centred and myopic to see beyond his selfish interest to rule the SE.

As for Aburi, too many things have been said about it. Even if the Aburi accord was rejected, was that enough reason for your general to lead his people into a war that claimed 3 million souls of your people? shocked Let us know, when you finish kissing Ojukwu's arse....

STFU you dyslexic deviant , so all the Igbos brutally massacred all over Nigeria wasn't a fair "rationale" for them to opt out? Are you so daft or just plain insensitive to have ignored the immediate causes for secession? And if you must know Ojukwu DID NOT UNILATERALLY declare Biafra, he consulted with the Eastern elders and consultative assembly in all constituents of authority at the time, and as a matter of principle got the mandate of the people to pull out of Nigeria, every Igbo and non-Igbo in the East at the time WANTED OUT. Ojukwu wasn't prepared for war and was only hyperbolic in his expressions and statements about the Biafran readiness for a armed conflict just to delay or avoid any war with the Nigerian side, because he never wanted war but had to fight back if attacked, he was a soldier first before anything so can you blame him ... Ojukwu wasn't the one that fired the first shots of war, Nigeria did in July 7, 1967 at the Biafran border towns of Garkem and Ogoja.

So don't come here and try "enlighten' me about the remote and immediate causes of war, with your outlandish claims that Ojukwu led his people to a war that your dumb ass self forgot to understand why he did so in the first place, if you were in Ojukwus shoes, what would you have done? Just wait and be sitting ducks for Nigerian soldiers to come to your own land and kill off your people and then be remembered as the coward general that stood by and watched his people been desecrated? I bet not.

And for the records, Brigadier Ogundipe wasn't the only officer senior in rank to Gowan, Ogundipe didn't just "leave the scenes" he was simply unsure of his safety in those uncertain moments after Ironsi was killed in the counter coup, and with other senior officers left to challenge the legitimacy of Gowons' undeserved rise to Supreme commander when he was just a Lieutenant Colonel at the time, only Ojukwu saw through the bullshit and stood up to Gowon who was the same rank as he (Ojukwu) was!! ...there were others like Brigadiers' Effiong, Imo, Colonel Adebayo and a host of other senior officers I can't remember, pick up a book and read.
Re: "Yakubu Gowon And S.G Tokida Saved My Father’s Life" - Femi Fani-Kayode (Photos) by LaudableXX: 10:56pm On Mar 14, 2018
Bane2020:
STFU you dyslexic slowpoke, so all the Igbos brutally massacred all over Nigeria was a fair "rationale" for them to opt out? Are you so daft or just plain insensitive to have ignored the immediate causes for secession? And if you must know Ojukwu DID NOT UNILATERALLY declare Biafra, he consulted with the Eastern constituents at the time and as a matter of principle got the mandate of the people to pull out of Nigeria, every Igbo and non-governmental in the East in the early stages of the bid for secession WANTED OUT. Ojukwu wasn't prepared for war and was only hyperbolic on his expressions and statements about the Biafran readiness for a armed conflict just to delay or avoid any war with the Nigerian side... Ojukwu wasn't the one that fired the first shots of war, Nigeria did in July 7, 1967 at the Biafran border towns of Garkem and Ogoja.

So don't come here and try "enlighten' about the remote and immediate causes of war, with your outlandish claims that Ojukwu led his people to a war that your dumb ass self forgot to understand why he did so in the first place, if you were in Ojukwus shoes, what would you have done?

And for the records, Brigadier Ogundipe wasn't the only officer senior in rank to Gowon...there were others like Brigadiers' Effiong, Imo, Colonel Adebayo and a host of other senior officers I can't remember, pick up a book and read.

Guy, thank you so much for letting us know that 'dyslexic slowpoke,' is your middle name. Or is it your baptismal name? shocked Whatever. And since you described yourself as 'daft or just plain insensitive,' how on earth can I disagree with you? It is such an apt description of yourself.

You claim Ojukwu consulted with the Eastern constituents. Re-ea-ally? shocked Records show that those he claimed to have consulted with, were the Eastern Consultative Assembly - a committee said to have been used as a ploy or an instrument, to serve as a cover for Ojukwu's ambitions, with the pretext of giving itself the appearance of legitimacy and authenticity, as the representative voice of the masses. Do your research. Elections were not held into that assembly, neither were those in it mandated to speak on behalf of their communities. sad

Now even if the Eastern Consultative Assembly asked Ojukwu to go to war, shouldn't he have explained the inherent dangers and untenable position, they were in, to them? Did he let them know how ill-prepared their entire region was, in terms of men and ammunition, when it came to prosecuting a war? A true leader would have done so.

Instead of ranting and raving on this thread, please pick up some good books (not propaganda material, o!) and read about the issues that led to the war. Just try to educate yourself. War does NOT prove who is right and who is wrong - it only proves who is left. undecided
Re: "Yakubu Gowon And S.G Tokida Saved My Father’s Life" - Femi Fani-Kayode (Photos) by Bane2020: 11:06pm On Mar 14, 2018
LaudableXX:

Guy, thank you so much for letting us know that 'dyslexic slowpoke,' is your middle name. Or is it your baptismal name? shocked Whatever. And since you described yourself as 'daft or just plain insensitive,' how on earth can I disagree with you? It is such an apt description of yourself.

You claim Ojukwu consulted with the Eastern constituents. Re-ea-ally? shocked Records show that those he claimed to have consulted with, were the Eastern Consultative Assembly - a committee said to have been used a ploy or an instrument, to serve as a cover for Ojukwu's ambitions, with the pretext of giving itself the appearance of legitimacy and authenticity, as the representative voice of the masses. Do your research. Elections were not held into that assembly, neither were those in it mandated to speak on behalf of their communities. sad

Now even if the Eastern Consultative Assembly asked Ojukwu to go to war, shouldn't he have explained the inherent dangers and untenable position, they were in, to them? Did he let them know how ill-prepared their entire region was, in terms of men and ammunition, when it came to prosecuting a war? A true leader would have done so.

Instead of ranting and raving on this thread, please pick up some good books (not propaganda materia, o!) and read about the issues that led to the war. Just try to educate yourself. War does NOT prove who is right and who is wrong - it only proves who is left. undecided
Now I'm justified when I call called you a dyslexic... You are obviously without mincing reality devious with the truth, however spurious and hackneyed your theories are, but I'll overlook your ignorance and all the balderdash you just typed and ask you again...against the backdrop of one of the worst pogroms in black history been meted out to your people, and you were in the shoes of Ojukwu, what and what would you have done any differently? note that you just wanted the mandate of your people to chart the course of their own destiny, without declaring war on the rest of Nigeria... but somehow shots were fired on your people FIRST by your aggressors, so on a passive-aggressive indices, what then would you have done? Please answer the question as honestly and cognitively as you can, cause I hate people who just revision history to suit their their diabolical interest.
Re: "Yakubu Gowon And S.G Tokida Saved My Father’s Life" - Femi Fani-Kayode (Photos) by LaudableXX: 11:11pm On Mar 14, 2018
Bane2020:
Now I'm justified when I call called you a dyslexic... You are obviously without mincing reality devious with the truth, however spurious and hackneyed your theories are, but I'll overlook your ignorance and all the balderdash you just typed and ask you again...against the backdrop of one of the worst pogroms in black history been meted out to your people, and you were in the shoes of Ojukwu, what and what would you have done any differently? note that you just wanted the mandate of your people to chart the course of their own destiny, without declaring war on the rest of Nigeria... but somehow shots were fired on your people FIRST by your aggressors, so on a passive-aggressive indices, what then would you have done? Please answer the question as honestly and cognitively as you can, cause I hate people who just revision history to suit their their diabolical interest.

Hehehehe....I can see you are still ranting. wink All your rants and lamentations, will not change the fact that your Oxford-trained general led your people who were ill-prepared and ill-equipped into a war they could not win, which directly or indirectly caused the death of more than 3 million souls. May the souls of the departed rest in peace.

Now, you can resume your rants! cheesy
Re: "Yakubu Gowon And S.G Tokida Saved My Father’s Life" - Femi Fani-Kayode (Photos) by Bane2020: 11:15pm On Mar 14, 2018
LaudableXX:

Hehehehe....I can see you are still ranting. wink All your rants and lamentations, will not change the fact that your Oxford-trained general led your people who were ill-prepared and ill-equipped into a war they could not win, which directly or indirectly caused the death of more than 3 million souls. may the souls of the departed rest in peace.

Now, you can resume your rants! cheesy
Of course you deflect once again from the question, shows you are just a hypocrite and a very unintelligent one at that. If your version of historical truth is what you will carry to your grave, then please don't pass that seed of ignorance to your children, rather let them read and have an unbiased perspective of their nations history.. Have a good life.
Re: "Yakubu Gowon And S.G Tokida Saved My Father’s Life" - Femi Fani-Kayode (Photos) by LaudableXX: 11:22pm On Mar 14, 2018
Bane2020:
Of course you deflect once again from the question, shows you are just a hypocrite and a very unintelligent one at that. If your version of historical truth is what you will carry to your grave, then please don't pass that seed of ignorance to your children, rather let them read and have an unbiased perspective of their nations history.. Have a good life.

Now, why should I answer your questions, when you refuse to answer mine? shocked Like I asked you earlier: "Did Ojukwu let them know how ill-prepared their entire region was, in terms of men and ammunition, when it came to prosecuting a war?" You carefully dodged the question.

Well, since you get a high from calling yourself unflattering names, I will not argue with you. The words 'hypocrite,' and 'unintelligent' suit you rather well. It shows you know your character, inside out. You even told us that you carry the 'seed of ignorance'. Interesting. wink Make sure you bequeath those seeds to your kids.... undecided

Re: "Yakubu Gowon And S.G Tokida Saved My Father’s Life" - Femi Fani-Kayode (Photos) by billyG(m): 11:59pm On Mar 14, 2018
Heroine usage causes amnesia which coup took place in 1996?
Re: "Yakubu Gowon And S.G Tokida Saved My Father’s Life" - Femi Fani-Kayode (Photos) by Nobody: 2:32am On Mar 15, 2018
Like father like son.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rare Video Of Biafran Special Forces Attacking And Advancing On Ikot Ekpene. / Graft Allegations: Why FG May Not Prosecute Magu / Anambra 2021: Accord, The Only Alternative Party For Ndi Anambra' - Alexreports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.