Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Table Barrack Obama Took ₦2,000 Meal Preserved Forever In Vietnam Eatery(Photos) - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Table Barrack Obama Took ₦2,000 Meal Preserved Forever In Vietnam Eatery(Photos) (42773 Views)

Catastrophic Flooding In Libya: 2,000 People Feared Dead / In Vietnam, Markets Still Sell Rats, Reptiles Amid Coronavirus Outbreak (photos) / Dozens Of Bodyguards Surrounding Kim Jong Un's Limousine In Vietnam(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Table Barrack Obama Took ₦2,000 Meal Preserved Forever In Vietnam Eatery(Photos) by Luminee(f): 11:14am On Mar 14, 2018
@Explorers check my signature, join a community of African youths and young adults.
Re: Table Barrack Obama Took ₦2,000 Meal Preserved Forever In Vietnam Eatery(Photos) by Theonlycoolmonk: 11:15am On Mar 14, 2018
nextstep:

No evidence you say? People being tortured and "disappeared" is not evidence? Terrorist organizations being funded does not count as evidence? Elimination of political foes? You know, to some people, life in Africa (e.g. Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa) was much better under colonialism... in other words, to them, economic prosperity with little liberty - and the occasional massacre - appears preferable to what we're experiencing now. I'm alluding that Libya - though facing tough times now - will actually be better off in the long term. It's the same crises that _every_ country goes through with major political upheaval, from the French, American, Japanese, Chinese, (etc.) revolutions and civil wars. And having gone through that fire, most countries emerge with strong institutions, protections for citizens, and checks and balances on the re-emergence of tyranny.

Bros you just regurgitated what the western media have been feeding the masses. I am yet to see you post any link to any source that is not the west. I am sure you don't have any concrete evidence other than what the western media has been feeding you. If Obama admits that Libya was a mistake and you are here trying to justify his actions in Libya.

Have you ever asked yourself whether the human right abuse as claimed by the west that is going on in Libya, was worse than that going on in NK? If not why didn't the Obama administration 'rescue' NK which was in a worse situation than Libya?

What you did not take into consideration about nation undergoing political upheaval, is that all the nations you mentioned up there, their change came organically not as a result of an external shocked being engineered and funded by an external actor at the timing of the external actor. You could argue that no organic uprising can survive the mighty arm of a dictatorial government without external funding/help. The main point is that such struggle had only turned out well when it is organic. Let me use a small country as an example, look for an English version of how the poor Belgians rose against the church and how the French fought against the aristocrats and you will understand that for such action to yield the desired result it most come from the people's willingness to change thing. Then you can also look at events engineered by west in the middle east dubbed Arab spring etc, and check if the change yielded the desired result other than satisfying the ego of those that funded and initiated it.
Re: Table Barrack Obama Took ₦2,000 Meal Preserved Forever In Vietnam Eatery(Photos) by iamkingzlee(m): 12:06pm On Mar 14, 2018
wisino1:
Please some body should tell bubu to come and drink sachet Milo and milk with indomil and egg from mallam sule place around 7pm with just one security aid to test his popularity
grin grin This one Weakkk me
Re: Table Barrack Obama Took ₦2,000 Meal Preserved Forever In Vietnam Eatery(Photos) by Bamz(m): 12:49pm On Mar 14, 2018
Juliusdking:
I made it

In life? undecided
Re: Table Barrack Obama Took ₦2,000 Meal Preserved Forever In Vietnam Eatery(Photos) by Bamz(m): 12:52pm On Mar 14, 2018
ogbiwa:
This decision by Mr Obama at the time must've given the secret service headaches. How to screen those hundreds of locals who will be in such close proximity to the president, and in a foreign country where they have no jurisdiction.

OMG I'm sure you probably work with a Security Department. I was thinking the same thing.
Re: Table Barrack Obama Took ₦2,000 Meal Preserved Forever In Vietnam Eatery(Photos) by Juliusdking(m): 12:53pm On Mar 14, 2018
Yes u are on point
Bamz:

In life? undecided
Re: Table Barrack Obama Took ₦2,000 Meal Preserved Forever In Vietnam Eatery(Photos) by ogbiwa: 1:01pm On Mar 14, 2018
Bamz:

OMG I'm sure you probably work with a Security Department. I was thinking the same thing.

Watched "Secrets of the Secret Service" bro
Re: Table Barrack Obama Took ₦2,000 Meal Preserved Forever In Vietnam Eatery(Photos) by jobbers: 1:41pm On Mar 14, 2018
oh
Re: Table Barrack Obama Took ₦2,000 Meal Preserved Forever In Vietnam Eatery(Photos) by DONFASZY(m): 1:47pm On Mar 14, 2018
wisino1:
Please some body should tell bubu to come and drink sachet Milo and milk with indomil and egg from mallam sule place around 7pm with just one security aid to test his popularity
jungle straight up frm mob dat hate him
Re: Table Barrack Obama Took ₦2,000 Meal Preserved Forever In Vietnam Eatery(Photos) by Enmas078(m): 2:20pm On Mar 14, 2018
CSTR2:
This is the same Vietnam where America fought their bloodiest war.

Both nations are now allies.

I won't be suprised if North Korea become an ally tomorrow.

No permanent friends no permanent enemies within the international system... That's politics...
Re: Table Barrack Obama Took ₦2,000 Meal Preserved Forever In Vietnam Eatery(Photos) by introvertedsoul: 4:29pm On Mar 14, 2018
harmbhrosz:
lol I guess you were expecting him to come and develop Africa for us abi

Ever heard of the term bilateral trade/partnership. . . Not the current one sided business relationship dictatorship we have with the US?
Show me a picture of Obama walking freely in Africa, like the one shown in the OP's picture (Vietnam)?
Whenever he came to Africa, which was on very rare occasions, all he ever talked about was "GAY this, LESBIAN that". Always trying to dictate to Africa, whereas strengthening ties with the Europe and Asia. Citing one of his ridiculous, borderline-retarded quotes as example: “Africa doesn't need strongmen, it needs strong institutions'. With words like that it is obvious he wants to continue annexing Africa and having puppets he can control and threaten with halting financial aids and grants. Little wonder China overtook America as the leading partner in Africa under his Gay crazed administration. And now that America has a mentally deranged Russian puppet as president, it is safe to say, they are almost done for in Africa.
Re: Table Barrack Obama Took ₦2,000 Meal Preserved Forever In Vietnam Eatery(Photos) by wasspord: 4:56pm On Mar 14, 2018
nextstep:

I thought it was one particular ruler of Libya (along with his family and cronies) who ruined Libya with 4 decades of repression, corruption, nepotism, terrorism, totalitarianism , assassinations, disappearances, and a civil war (albeit one side was aided by the West)... but I could be wrong...

Yes, you are indeed quite wrong. You have to get this notion of good/bad, right/wrong, left/right outta you head. There are no good guys and likewise there are no bad guys. The fact remains that broadly, everyone was relatively better off with Gaddaffi in power. Indeed, the Libyans generally maintained a relatively high standard of living, trafficking of young sub-saharan men and women was kept under control and he was amongst other things an advocate for Pan Africanism.
Now did he do a lot despicable things, undoubtedly he did but in the words of HRC: what difference does it make?!
Well the difference is that a reasonable portion(s)of Libya are now sh!tholes thanks to the depose or would I say disposal. This in turn has led to IS making inroads into these destablized region and down right into sub-Saharan Africa allowing for the unfettered flow of manpower and weapons for BH and its ilks. It has also allowed for the flooding of low skilled, military aged men (and perphaps women) across the Sahara into Libya enroute Europe in search of greener pastures. This influx of course did not go unnoticed in Europe (and even across the pond) as we can from the elections ever since that this has led to the resurgence of far right wing political groups taking advantage of the general discomfort and racial tension induced by the presence of these young men as well as increase in incidents like rapes, narcotic dealings, pimping, gang warfare and even terrorism.
Countries like Sweden all of a sudden have frequent Grenade attacks which were practically unheard of prior to their admission of refugees.
Germany for the pass two consecutive New Years Eve have required police presence and speed bump (or whatever they are called) to prevent sexual assault and car attacks respectively.
Italy just not too long ago has their one of refugee center attacked by Luca Toni in probably revenge for the Italian girl who died from probably overdose from heroin or something given to her by a Nigerian drug dealer who then had her body dismembered and dumped in a bag. There are many more cases like this in almost every European nation that admitted 'refugees'.
Now back to Gaddaffi and in extension Obama can you objectively tell me that He (and almost every other US President aside say Jimmy Carter) would not be found guilty of majority of your aforementioned charges? Now I must say that while he was, IMHO, one of the least financially corrupt in modern US presidential history or at least compared to say Bush 41 and 43 or Trump or (for me the worst of them all) Bill Clinton. He was indeed obsessed with image and is guilty of embezzling (unmerited) goodwill (a NOBEL PEACE Prize for what in the hell's sake?) as well as repressing those wthree felt tried to denigrate (lol, pardon the pun) his image (tried to exclude FoxNews from WH briefings and Steve Jobs also observed that too when they met - never wanted to look bad and such) and despite what that new AP poll says, it was under his reign that racial tensions become so tense, his regime gave us the Tea Party, OccupyWallStreet, Black Lives Matter and the likes, what Trump did was just to tap into all these angst and channel them to propel his candidacy.
Finally, to buttress my point, I'd leave this:
The Nazi to Winston Churchill and the British were the bad guys - the evil ones but how would you describe the latter to the Bengalis of the then British India who died by the millions from starvation while Churchill diverted and stockpiled food in preparation for an invasion? Should he let them have their grains while the British Army fight the Nazis on empty stomach?
Re: Table Barrack Obama Took ₦2,000 Meal Preserved Forever In Vietnam Eatery(Photos) by harmbhrosz(m): 5:02pm On Mar 14, 2018
introvertedsoul:

Ever heard of the term bilateral trade/partnership. . . Not the current one sided business relationship dictatorship we have with the US?
Show me a picture of Obama walking freely in Africa, like the one shown in the OP's picture (Vietnam)?
Whenever he came to Africa, which was on very rare occasions, all he ever talked about was "GAY this, LESBIAN that". Always trying to dictate to Africa, whereas strengthening ties with the Europe and Asia. Citing one of his ridiculous, borderline-retarded quotes as example: “Africa doesn't need strongmen, it needs strong institutions'. With words like that it is obvious he wants to continue annexing Africa and having puppets he can control and threaten with halting financial aids and grants. Little wonder China overtook America as the leading partner in Africa under his Gay crazed administration. And now that America has a mentally deranged Russian puppet as president, it is safe to say, they are almost done for in Africa.
someone above quoted me with the reply I intend to give you and it's Nobody wants to associate itself with a failure Africa is a highly selfish, greedy, corrupt and unserious continent.

on a personal level Obama doesn't owe Africa anything, USA made him who he is, not Africa not Nigeria and not Kenya.

On a political level tell me what Africa has to offer to a country like US then compare it with what Europe and Asia has to offer, you don't go to people that will only take from you without adding value to you. That is not how politics or business is done.

You're exhibiting a well known sign of failure and laziness by expecting another country's President to come develop and steer your own country to success when you have all the Potential to do so yourself. So leave American presidents alone and face your own President, the annoying part is that 99% of their citizens doesn't give a bleep about you.

show me where African Presidents walk freely in public like Obama did in Vietnam.

Trump called Nigeria a shit hole without any reserving apology and Buhari could not even say peem

Be responsible and hold your leaders accountable for turning your country into a place of ridicule
Re: Table Barrack Obama Took ₦2,000 Meal Preserved Forever In Vietnam Eatery(Photos) by JMOB(m): 5:06pm On Mar 14, 2018
On the same thread, someone prayed for break through and yet still on the same thread, some people are blaming Buhari for their weakness...na wa o
Re: Table Barrack Obama Took ₦2,000 Meal Preserved Forever In Vietnam Eatery(Photos) by Augiiee(m): 7:29pm On Mar 14, 2018
Zanas:
You're the one who is brainless

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ICJ Orders Russia To Immediately Suspend Invasion Of Ukraine / How Israel Was Created - Aljazeera Documentary (video) / Why Putin Is Invading Ukraine? (The Cable)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.