Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,128 members, 7,838,869 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge (29511 Views)

The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge / Lagos State Government's Explanation Of Land Use Charge / Land Use Charge Law Of 2018: Things You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by oruma19: 6:35pm On Mar 15, 2018
olaboy1:

Lagos 2018 budget is 1.046trillion Naira. To make any significant progress we need around 2.5 trillion Naira. Your crude oil and Apapa port revenues are not enough.
More than 95% of people have not been paying property tax or tenement rate. A serious government is one trying to enforce policies, rules and regulations.
the Commonwealth they v been appropriating nothing good has come out except for the enrichment of the few political elites. Now u want them to fleece the poor the more with no intention of doing any common good abi? If they take 30% of ur monthly income they still won't do any different thing from what they r doing "sharing and looting" how else can one describe making tinubu the sole tax collector in lagos till thy kingdom come? Its in the law books, that one company should be the revenue collector..hhhhmmm. I hope tinubu doesn't die, I hope he lives forever....nonsense
Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by olaboy1: 6:50pm On Mar 15, 2018
adidison:

You sound like you benefit from inside all this, talking about major roads are motorable lol. Dude inside estates in Lag most roads are bad. Plus stop talking about civic duty in Nigeria that the govt don't do ishhh! Your talking about 0.75% in Europe, when was the last time you saw sand sand or dirt on your way to your property? Didn't you see parks? Proper well planned pedestrian routes? Please just stop!

Even if I don't pay somebody will pay. Oh yes!!! Let the senators and govt wife pay. It's their civic duty.

I don’t know of other states but Lagos has the potential to do more. I don’t benefit a kobo trust me.
The government should find ways to collect the money automatically from property owners bank accounts.
Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by adidison(m): 6:56pm On Mar 15, 2018
olaboy1:

I don’t know of other states but Lagos has the potential to do more. I don’t benefit a kobo trust me.
The government should find ways to collect the money automatically from property owners bank accounts.

I believe all states have the potential as well but with the right govt. if you don't benefit ok, I take you for your word. But 1 question, doesn't the state get revenue from other areas? Why make it difficult for property owners?
Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by nex(m): 7:00pm On Mar 15, 2018
olaboy1:

Lagos 2018 budget is 1.046trillion Naira. To make any significant progress we need around 2.5 trillion Naira. Your crude oil and Apapa port revenues are not enough.

More than 95% of people have not been paying property tax or tenement rate. A serious government is one trying to enforce policies, rules and regulations.

How can we tell that the current revenues of Lagos are not enough? Have they shown us the revenue being generated? As they have shown us how they want to spend the money in the budget, let them show us how much they generate, and we will then know whether to slash the budget or how to increase revenue without pushing people to commit suicide.

As long as Lagos continues to hide how much it makes, the Government has no right to ask for more. Ambode is our Public SERVANT. If you send your servant on an errand, and he says you should give him more money, he must be able to show you how much you have given him so far in comparison to what you sent him to go and spend the money on.

4 Likes

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by NotComplaining: 7:10pm On Mar 15, 2018
If Tinubu was paying property tax for all of his illicit properties and appropriations he'd be the poorest man in Lagos.

Lagos is for all, not just for the supper rich to be capping the wealth of the middle class.
Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by INFOTECH2: 7:11pm On Mar 15, 2018
olaboy1:
At the end of the day people must pay if they want good infrastructure. 50% and 25% reduction is a good bargain.

Nigerians like Awoof too much. The property owners with their exorbitant rents will be the first to convert their Naira to dollar and go on shopping spree abroad buying expensive Balenciaga, Gucci etc with high tax.

But to pay tax at home na wahala.

First thing first, whose business is it ?
See the problem is not paying land use tax,it is mainly the over 1000%increase in valu of property.

This act will cripple activities in the state and 50% decrease will not cut it.

Infrastructure can still be managed with 3 to 5% if the government was truly sincere.

1 Like

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by INFOTECH2: 7:12pm On Mar 15, 2018
NotComplaining:
If Tinubu was paying property tax for all of his illicit properties and appropriations he'd be the poorest man in Lagos.

Lagos is for all, not just for the supper rich to be capping the wealth oùf the middle class.

Even the super rich cannot afford to pay this

1 Like

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by INFOTECH2: 7:15pm On Mar 15, 2018
olaboy1:

Stop there.
Collect what automatically. I laughed in isoko.
Joke

1 Like

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by OlujobaSamuel: 7:55pm On Mar 15, 2018
madgoat:

You will stay in naija and suffer with us all. You are going no where!
abeg na my person oo, leave am make e dey go abeg, me sef dey plan join, i fit travel out go my village for osun sef, nigeria matter tire man
Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by boringnigerian: 8:18pm On Mar 15, 2018
Why do I feel like this was what he had in mind in the first place?

Y'know the old tactic - overshoot, cue the outrage then drop down to what you originally had in mind. Perfected by the boys at Balogun and Yaba.

1 Like

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by jashar(f): 8:35pm On Mar 15, 2018
erico2k2:

Ahaha hey toy be hand lauguage ahaha

cheesy
Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by jashar(f): 8:36pm On Mar 15, 2018
obajoey:
No problem, just pray along with me.

I'm on it wink

1 Like

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by persius555(m): 9:06pm On Mar 15, 2018
olaboy1:

Development is a process, a step at a time. Past governments have neglected Lagos and the development in Lagos actually started during Bola Tinubu second term, the first term was used to pacify party faithfuls.

Ambode is doing a good job and if you are not biased you would see a big difference in the development of Lagos, the emergency service for example.

Development will get to you soonest and stop been paranoid and just pay your taxes and have trust in this administration.

You would know those who are feeding on crumbs falling off politician's palm.

1 Like

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by stieyven(m): 9:32pm On Mar 15, 2018
PaChukwudi44:
bullshit!!!!!who the Bleep values the houses? This criminals in alausa will see a house worth N30M and say it is N600M.God must surely punish both Tinubu band Ambode.What the Bleep do they even mean by the current value of the properties? Did the landlords even tell anyone they wanted to sell their houses?
Love your enemies and bless those who curse you and pray for those who despitefully use you. LUKE 6 :28
Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by d33types: 9:34pm On Mar 15, 2018
oruma19:
u must be one of the cursed politicians. May thunder fire all of u that are fleecing the people whilst enriching yourselves. Lagos does not have infrastructure that warrants such payments, they don't have social programs that warrant such payments. All the monies they get from monthly federal allocations , all the monies they get from all the satanic inventions (taxes) they have introduced in almost all sectors in the economy what have they done with them?, what about the ports that they make billions from? What about personal income taxes? What about cpmpany taxes they rake in on per sec bases? Tibubu is just a wicled man, Awolowo was never like this. U people enjoy watching the vast majority suffer kn hunger and deprivation while u swim in luxury. All the monies go to tinubu and his cohorts. God will visit all u wicked men with sickness and problems money will not solve to ur fifth generation. U r equating London or new York with lagos that has the highest number of poor people in the southern part of nigeria. May thunder visit all politicians with annoyance, devils in human form. I spit on ur grave, ekwensu.. When there will be no more for the poor to eat or place to live, they will eat u the politicians and live in ur houses. It sure will happen in nigeria, its just a matter of time and the time is too close to call.

Err..

I think you quoted the wrong person o
Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by blackboy(m): 10:32pm On Mar 15, 2018
My problem is all the complaints but come 2019 its APC all the way. Fashola did his own taxes, increase in tolls etc people shouted and cursed him but he still got his 2nd term and continued.

Lagos has been sold. U fit unseat Tinubu and his annoited? Me Omo eko i quietly leave Lagos for him till Lagos govt starts looking at people n Lagos to make better and not to extort.

1 Like

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by LaudableXX: 10:56pm On Mar 15, 2018
maclatunji:
I think Estate Surveyors and Valuers are fighting to be the ones to do it.

We Nigerians are too lazy when it comes to governance, we expect everything on a platter. This law should never have been passed in this form if many of the people posing as 'enlightened opinion leaders' actually know their left from their right.

Very true! undecided They should just reverse the charges to what they were before, sef. Enough is Enough! angry Na wetin?
Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by LaudableXX: 10:59pm On Mar 15, 2018
NotComplaining:

Lagos is for all, not just for the supper rich to be capping the wealth of the middle class.

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by oruma19: 12:50am On Mar 16, 2018
adidison:

This guy hunger don block your eyes? Spit on my grave? Relax man! Your talking to the wrong person, read before you quote and start insulting/ praying for thunder to fire ... if I were a politician, you'll probably have heard about the good things happening around me. Read what I said 1st mate.
sorry bro, I wanted to quote the other guy supporting this God forsaken gvt of APC. Sorry for the error. Meanwhile, I am just fighting for the vast majority that are hungry. I am not hungry as I have a job and a flourishing business. I dont work in nigeria, I only live here. I know what I pass thru to meet the needs of the hungry pple around whenever I come home so I am rilly pissed by the "APC change " gvt. Weda we like am or not, e de affect us too no matter how much we make , pple around that are hungry and jobless will always deplete our fund cos u can't watch dem die of hunger and lack whilst u feed fine

3 Likes

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by adidison(m): 1:05am On Mar 16, 2018
oruma19:
sorry bro, I wanted to quote the other guy supporting this God forsaken gvt of APC. Sorry for the error. Meanwhile, I am just fighting for the vast majority that are hungry. I am not hungry as I have a job and a flourishing business. I dont work in nigeria, I only live here. I know what I pass thru to meet the needs of the hungry pple around whenever I come home so I am rilly pissed by the "APC change " gvt. Weda we like am or not, e de affect us too no matter how much we make , pple around that are hungry and jobless will always deplete our fund cos u can't watch dem die of hunger and lack whilst u feed fine

I feel you bro. The way people are complaining is not funny at all. APC or PDP I feel it's the same old story, something needs to be done. It's good we have Nigerians thinking like this. God bless your business as you continue to help bro.

1 Like

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by Nelodivine: 2:22am On Mar 16, 2018
All the market women and men that pay tax every day in Lagos. when they retire from their business or work, who pays them during their retirement? our politicians are criminals, always bringing western rules but not be able to implement like the westerners. A system without a correct database for all the citizens and you are collecting a tax.

Ordinary citizens in Nigeria are been used by politicians to enrich themselves. God will help us.
Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by LaudableXX: 8:09am On Mar 16, 2018
oruma19:

You are so-oo-oo right! wink This is what many people do not understand. You are saving up for something, or working hard to complete a project, but the needs of the poor, sick and unemployed around you, will not allow you to turn a blind eye in their direction. You just have to help, no matter how little. And this always affects you to a certain level, no matter how small. undecided
Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by bedspread: 4:58pm On Mar 16, 2018
obajoey:
My visa to Canada this year will not pass me by in JESUS MIGHTY NAME.
AMEN... I Claim it too for I and My Wifey.... Amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by obajoey(m): 6:05pm On Mar 16, 2018
Amen.
bedspread:
AMEN... I Claim it too for I and My Wifey.... Amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Our Landlord Is Torturing Us / Agents And Landlords Exploit House Seekers In Lagos / Flooding About To Collapse A House In Imo As Woman Cries For Ihedioha’s Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.