Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,565 members, 7,955,096 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:45 PM

Court Jails Babatunde Habeeb, Estate Agent 1,230 Years - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Jails Babatunde Habeeb, Estate Agent 1,230 Years (26936 Views)

$53,000 Scam: Court Jails Graduate For Impersonating Singer, Flavour / Davido Reply Terrible As Zaazu Singer, Habeeb Okikiola, Portable Apologize / Timilehin Taiwo: Teen Stabs Babatunde Ishola To Death "To Escape Rape Attempt" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Jails Babatunde Habeeb, Estate Agent 1,230 Years by Nobody: 4:29pm On Mar 15, 2018
This news is a lie
Was in that ipaye court today for another matter
It is 30 years imprisonment
Re: Court Jails Babatunde Habeeb, Estate Agent 1,230 Years by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 15, 2018
If this man gets this length of jail term,what should treasury looters get.He deserves what he get anyway.
Re: Court Jails Babatunde Habeeb, Estate Agent 1,230 Years by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 15, 2018
This news is a lie
I was in that ipaye court today for another matter
It is just 30 years imprisonment
Re: Court Jails Babatunde Habeeb, Estate Agent 1,230 Years by emmxzy(m): 4:31pm On Mar 15, 2018
Jaysoft87:
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!EVEN METHUSELAH!!!! COME COME!!! THEY SHOULD JUST KILL HIM NAH!!! THIS IS BRUTAL
even methuselah no live up to 1,230 wicked world
Re: Court Jails Babatunde Habeeb, Estate Agent 1,230 Years by emmxzy(m): 4:35pm On Mar 15, 2018
horlarmiidey:
This news is a lie
really but whould a surposed relied forum of good source for information post rubish but y
Re: Court Jails Babatunde Habeeb, Estate Agent 1,230 Years by mokt(m): 4:40pm On Mar 15, 2018
WHAT ABOUT DIEZANI, PATIENCE JONATHAN, KORO ETC.?
Re: Court Jails Babatunde Habeeb, Estate Agent 1,230 Years by Gboom: 4:40pm On Mar 15, 2018
Horlaarsco:
� � � � � this country na joke
how? The judge should have freed him eh?
I know you are trying to compare political looters with this criminal but their case is different.
Polthieves defraud indirectly while this guilty man made people cry defrauding directly.
Politicians connive with each other to loot and share the loot while this man is only with his brother(at large)
Re: Court Jails Babatunde Habeeb, Estate Agent 1,230 Years by christtar(m): 4:41pm On Mar 15, 2018
this is d face of d so-called agent i feel for him today i believe it ll serve as a deterants to others i think justice system is waking up now kudos

Re: Court Jails Babatunde Habeeb, Estate Agent 1,230 Years by KingMicky3286: 4:48pm On Mar 15, 2018
easyfem:
Good for him ,

Pls if u want to earn 300% income .. U can join us on bitclub advantage , check my signature for more details on watsap

You no dey fear naija judges abi...you go soon get 300% jail term soon.

Nobody dey laugh anymore ooo cool
Re: Court Jails Babatunde Habeeb, Estate Agent 1,230 Years by Confor(m): 4:48pm On Mar 15, 2018
AntiWailer:
arghhh just 28 Million

Oga you have to steal real big to stand any chance in Nigeria Court

Metuh 400 Million , he dey use stretcher and Ambulance to do Nollywood movie

FFK, Open twitter account to defend hundreds of millions.

Evans too get mouth to sue Police. Haba!! this Igbosere na die o. shocked Anyway I bid the Man farewell to wherever he is going.
Re: Court Jails Babatunde Habeeb, Estate Agent 1,230 Years by dignitate: 4:56pm On Mar 15, 2018
Is he gonna continue the sentence in the afterlife? Ever since I have never understood such ludicrous sentences. The legal system is skewed generally and sometimes and many at times blown out of proportion.[/quote]

i share your thought bro!
Re: Court Jails Babatunde Habeeb, Estate Agent 1,230 Years by SillyMods: 5:00pm On Mar 15, 2018
0monnak0da:
No it is not an indirect way of saying you are sentenced to life.

More likely is it is a case of bad journalism

He was charged with 82 counts and probably sentenced to 15 years on each count .

I wonder who needs to get an education

Likely he is to serve 15 years all running concurrently
So, you even understand this and you were shouting?

And there have been many instances of the scenario I presented earlier.
Re: Court Jails Babatunde Habeeb, Estate Agent 1,230 Years by moustaphah(m): 5:02pm On Mar 15, 2018
Oyinkz1blaze:
Yours will be 2000years imprisonment
Re: Court Jails Babatunde Habeeb, Estate Agent 1,230 Years by ameh99: 5:09pm On Mar 15, 2018
I don't even know what to type
Re: Court Jails Babatunde Habeeb, Estate Agent 1,230 Years by Nobody: 5:15pm On Mar 15, 2018
And politicians that dupe over 200 million Nigerians of gazillions of dollars don't even get a day jail sentence.

Re: Court Jails Babatunde Habeeb, Estate Agent 1,230 Years by Igba123: 5:15pm On Mar 15, 2018
emmxzy:
hyprocrate will not gudge political fraudster,they prefare judging the citizen
dis is whr we are n e don taya me. It's absolute madness.
Re: Court Jails Babatunde Habeeb, Estate Agent 1,230 Years by brownhawk: 5:15pm On Mar 15, 2018
simonlee:
The agent's brother be looking at his brother's wife like...
sick
Re: Court Jails Babatunde Habeeb, Estate Agent 1,230 Years by slimjohn2k5: 5:18pm On Mar 15, 2018
This was fast because he is not a polithiefcian.

How many politicians hv dey jailed for stealing money.

#crazyJustice
Re: Court Jails Babatunde Habeeb, Estate Agent 1,230 Years by Buffalo2(m): 5:19pm On Mar 15, 2018
KUKU KEE ME
Re: Court Jails Babatunde Habeeb, Estate Agent 1,230 Years by Nobody: 5:22pm On Mar 15, 2018
Lol I pretty certain it's a concurrent sentence not consecutive. Meaning if out of all the 82 count charges he will only serve the highest of the term e.g if the defendant was sentenced to 10 years for 81 count charges and sentenced to 20 years on 1 count charge he will only be spending 20years that means the sentence run concurrently.

But in the case of consecutive sentence the defendant has to finish serving the sentence for one offense before they start the sentence for the next one.
Re: Court Jails Babatunde Habeeb, Estate Agent 1,230 Years by 0monnak0da: 5:26pm On Mar 15, 2018
SillyMods:

So, you even understand this and you were shouting?

And there have been many instances of the scenario I presented earlier.

I was shouting?

When?
Where?

Are you alright?
Re: Court Jails Babatunde Habeeb, Estate Agent 1,230 Years by PastorOluT(m): 5:37pm On Mar 15, 2018
donbenie:
Most likely the jail terms will be concurrently served and may not be more than 20 years at the most..

Did u read the sentence? 20 years? I think not cos he will have to serve a lifetime even when the term is done concurrently
Re: Court Jails Babatunde Habeeb, Estate Agent 1,230 Years by Ramos16(m): 5:41pm On Mar 15, 2018
PastorOluT:
Is he gonna continue the sentence in the afterlife? Ever since I have never understood such ludicrous sentences. The legal system is skewed generally and sometimes and many at times blown out of proportion.

He will run them simultaneously, so it should be about 15 years imprisonment.
Re: Court Jails Babatunde Habeeb, Estate Agent 1,230 Years by PastorOluT(m): 5:42pm On Mar 15, 2018
SillyMods:

Get good education and stop embarrassing yourself.

The sentencing is an indirect way of saying "you're sentenced to life". It's done where the offence doesn't carry life sentence.

Mr learned, the sentence was not detailed and to u that offence warrant life in prison?
Re: Court Jails Babatunde Habeeb, Estate Agent 1,230 Years by Jabioro: 5:42pm On Mar 15, 2018
horlarmiidey:
This news is a lie
l'm surprised at jail term handle over to him..
Re: Court Jails Babatunde Habeeb, Estate Agent 1,230 Years by PastorOluT(m): 5:45pm On Mar 15, 2018
Ramos16:

He will run them simultaneously, so it should be about 15 years imprisonment.

Based on ur assumptions right, the judge never mentioned ow the sentence will be served.
Re: Court Jails Babatunde Habeeb, Estate Agent 1,230 Years by Bluffly: 5:45pm On Mar 15, 2018
iliyande:
Lagos – Justice Oluwatoyin Ipaye of a Lagos High Court sitting in Igbosere Thursday sentenced an Estate agent Babatunde Habeeb also known as Babatunde Salawudeen, who duped 101, prospective tenants of N28million, at 59 Oriola, in Alapere Ketu area of Lagos, to 1230 years imprisonment.

Justice Ipaye found Habeeb guilty of the 82 counts charge of conspiring with his brother Alahaji Ishola Salawudeen who is still at large and obtained the sum of N28million, under false pretence from unsuspecting accommodation seekers.

He was charged with 82 count charges bordering on conspiracy, obtaining under false pretences, stealing and fraud preferred against him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission EFCC .

The convict had promised to rent out 13 apartments to the accommodation seekers, whom he collected various sums from and issued receipts and thereafter disappeared.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/03/breaking-court-jails-estate-agent-babatunde-habeeb-1-230-years/amp/#click=https:///9CtDJwx3vn

It is becoming apparent that our legal system is a joke. What of the Politicians duping close to #180 million Nigerians. Haba, see as them concluded case sharp sharp with a comedy judgement.
Re: Court Jails Babatunde Habeeb, Estate Agent 1,230 Years by Tunks2017(m): 5:54pm On Mar 15, 2018
And A. Diezani, B. saraki & co are still playing free up and down angry

Re: Court Jails Babatunde Habeeb, Estate Agent 1,230 Years by Jethrolite(m): 5:57pm On Mar 15, 2018
See ignorance everywhere. The 82 counts carry a certain year. That's the cause of the large number, the terms will run concurrently. I should confirm from a lawyer.
Re: Court Jails Babatunde Habeeb, Estate Agent 1,230 Years by einsteine(m): 6:44pm On Mar 15, 2018
duni04:

This is not true. The verdict was 3years for each of the 5 counts. That banker will spend 15years in jail.

No, the sentence runs concurrently. So, 3 years. Also, the Nigerian prison system counts a day as 18 hours, so in actual fact, he would serve 2 years 3 months. If he has been in police or Efcc custody prior, that time will also be deducted from the actual time he will serve.
Re: Court Jails Babatunde Habeeb, Estate Agent 1,230 Years by einsteine(m): 6:46pm On Mar 15, 2018
Jethrolite:
See ignorance everywhere. The 82 counts carry a certain year. That's the cause of the large number, the terms will run concurrently. I should confirm from a lawyer.

True. Although I have seen a judge who pronounced that the sentence should run Consecutively. Some sentences are concurrent, some are consecutive. But the Nigerian press never reports the full story.

1 Like

Re: Court Jails Babatunde Habeeb, Estate Agent 1,230 Years by divineappo(m): 6:57pm On Mar 15, 2018
Tolbanks:
Na wa ooo shocked
na so we see am oo

check my signature, I supply organic items

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Arrested For Killing His Ex-wife For Rituals In Benin. Graphic Photos / Another Set Of Kidnappers Terrorizing Abuja-kaduna Highway Arrested. Photos / Suspected Cultists Kill Young Man In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.