Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,131 members, 7,845,754 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Woman Celebrates Her Housemaid Of 13 Years On Her Matriculation (Photos) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Celebrates Her Housemaid Of 13 Years On Her Matriculation (Photos) (47617 Views)

Tanzanian Who Spent 20 Years On Death Row Released, Brother Sold His 6 Houses / Woman Celebrates As Her Husband Marries A Second Wife (Photo) / See How A Woman Treated Her Housemaid At A Restaurant (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Celebrates Her Housemaid Of 13 Years On Her Matriculation (Photos) by HajimeSaito(m): 2:35pm On Mar 16, 2018
After all the bad news that one hears about tales of neglect and sexual abuse, this is a breath of fresh air. May showers of blessings fall on both of them in Jesus name.

3 Likes

Re: Woman Celebrates Her Housemaid Of 13 Years On Her Matriculation (Photos) by dayleke: 2:38pm On Mar 16, 2018
Nice one
Re: Woman Celebrates Her Housemaid Of 13 Years On Her Matriculation (Photos) by bigplayerz(m): 2:38pm On Mar 16, 2018
Good deeds but now every one in her department knows she is a housemaid...they might start calling her ANY WORK grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Woman Celebrates Her Housemaid Of 13 Years On Her Matriculation (Photos) by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 2:40pm On Mar 16, 2018
Beautiful. I love stories like this. This is a story of love. It’s left for the girl now to make them proud. God bless them and every good soul out there. Amen
Re: Woman Celebrates Her Housemaid Of 13 Years On Her Matriculation (Photos) by 1chiboy: 2:42pm On Mar 16, 2018
Gebbson007:

we are sorry for the delay ,ur brain will arrive soon ..
Asineeeeeh... at least a foolish man has brain. this one has non
Re: Woman Celebrates Her Housemaid Of 13 Years On Her Matriculation (Photos) by oluxy(m): 2:44pm On Mar 16, 2018
Wow! From you write-up I see you are indeed a good woman training her like your own n now she's your own. You will be more prouder in future than now even on your own kids, Mark it today.

Don't be afraid, your kids are greatly favoured n thier future is bless.

Thank you for raising n given her future.

1 Like

Re: Woman Celebrates Her Housemaid Of 13 Years On Her Matriculation (Photos) by thunderbabs: 2:44pm On Mar 16, 2018
Other women na pepper and blade dey use on their house maids
Re: Woman Celebrates Her Housemaid Of 13 Years On Her Matriculation (Photos) by Peckygirl(f): 2:46pm On Mar 16, 2018
EVILFOREST:
Unlike women..
Though I don't still TRUST her madam.
She may have ulterior motives....

Na trap be this ooooo
Never TRUST LADIES
Still calls her MAID

You are an ordained IDIOT.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Celebrates Her Housemaid Of 13 Years On Her Matriculation (Photos) by kinzation(m): 2:47pm On Mar 16, 2018
Gebbson007:

aiye mi ooo funke!!!!!!
Re: Woman Celebrates Her Housemaid Of 13 Years On Her Matriculation (Photos) by Nobody: 2:48pm On Mar 16, 2018
The resemblance between the girl and man is striking.

Lemme shut my mouth sha lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Woman Celebrates Her Housemaid Of 13 Years On Her Matriculation (Photos) by kinzation(m): 2:48pm On Mar 16, 2018
EZENDIZUOGU:
AND THE GIRLS IS QUITE PRETTY grin
but why did you stop taking the English lessons I paid for?

1 Like

Re: Woman Celebrates Her Housemaid Of 13 Years On Her Matriculation (Photos) by Peterpanny: 2:50pm On Mar 16, 2018
Kestolovee95:
Great woman.. thanks for treating her as a your own.
No educated woman can raise iliterate kids whether they are biologically hers or not.
who tell you.oga ade talk watin you know abeg.
Re: Woman Celebrates Her Housemaid Of 13 Years On Her Matriculation (Photos) by nobaga: 2:50pm On Mar 16, 2018
May God bless this family. I hope the girl remains grateful but do not depend or expect it. Even, you cannot depend on your children these days.

Ma'am, by your deeds, she has ceased to be house girl a long time ago. Your description could be a little better. Otherwise she would distance herself out of embarrassment in her new life and friends. It is up to her to say she started as house girl.

This is what we used to and many still do in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Woman Celebrates Her Housemaid Of 13 Years On Her Matriculation (Photos) by safarigirl(f): 2:50pm On Mar 16, 2018
jagugu88li:
I won't mention how great a job it is that she managed to send her to school. Well done Ma'am

With that being said, I see comments congratulating her on how well she has treated her housemaid......You all mean to tell me that 13years back this girl qualified to be a housemaid? She doesn't even look 18years now and yet she has been housemaiding since 13years back.

Someone will come and ask me if she hadn't been a maid would she be now graduating.......small ones.
virtually every chil is a housemaid in their parent's home. So, this girl was not put through anything she wouldn't have gone through in her parent's home. If anything, considering how poor her parents were, she probably had things better.

The woman even stated where she returned the girl to her parents, but the girl's father pleaded they take her back.

Some people will fare better in another man's house than in their father's house

7 Likes

Re: Woman Celebrates Her Housemaid Of 13 Years On Her Matriculation (Photos) by Tunagee(m): 2:55pm On Mar 16, 2018
metronaija2:
Gloria Ernest Samuel, took to Facebook on Wednesday, March 14, to celebrate her housemaid of 13 years, who recently gained admission into a higher institution. Read her post below...

I am proud of us...

On 17th February, 2005, my husband brought her home as my house help. She was smaller than l wanted. I needed a much bigger girl, but the mum could only allow her as the elder sister was elsewhere. The only option was to manage her, but managing meant that l had to nurse her as she was too small to even wash her own clothes, the breakable kitchenwares etc.
It wasn't also easy to raise a child with certain orientations.
But l tried. When the task became too tedious,
I packaged her home, but the father gave us a mind boggling question: if she is your daughter, will you throw her away? Please, train her as yours. I want her different.
As stunning as that question sounded, l thank God that l took that challenge seriously and to my heart.
I teach, I scream, I plead, l appeal and l advice...
To make sure she turns out better than she would.
Sometimes, she makes me furious, laugh, cry, and proud, just like now.
From Primary 2, she had gone through to secondary, made her papers, have trained on computer literacy before going for skill acquisition.
Today, she has moved to a higher level. She is matriculating at Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education, and l am so happy that our 13years together is not a waste after all.
She has long ceased to be a maid in my home.
She is now Aunty's Auntie, my little sister, my children's Auntie. And no one knows she is not my sibling.

Uchechi, today is the beginning of a new life for you.
We are happy for you. Sky is your jumping pad.
We pray that you graduate with flying colours. And we continue to pray for financial breakthrough so that you do not suffer any stress concerning your education.
Congratulations, dear. We are super proud of you.

More photos below...

http://www.metronaija.ng/nigerian-woman-celebrates-her-housemaid-of-13-years-on-her-matriculation/

Even our so called materialistic pastors and GOs cannot do this for mankind. The so called very affluent Nigerians with distinguished personalities cannot do this for mankind. Madam, whether u tithe or not; or whether u go to church or not, the fact that u have given a life to a hopeless, heaven sure for u by His Grace. Keep doing good as this is what humanity is all about. This is the reason we are in this world; to add a life and value to humanity.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Celebrates Her Housemaid Of 13 Years On Her Matriculation (Photos) by MAJORBANKZ(m): 2:56pm On Mar 16, 2018
the story for be top notch if she had gained admission in a university. But all the same congrats to the little lad you achieved what buhari neva thought of the story for be top notch if she had gained admission in a university. But all the same congrats to the little lad you achieved what buhari neva thought of the story for be top notch if she had gained admission in a university. But all the same congrats to the little lad you achieved what buhari neva thought of
Re: Woman Celebrates Her Housemaid Of 13 Years On Her Matriculation (Photos) by heendrix(m): 2:56pm On Mar 16, 2018
Britishcoins:
I almost drop tears in my screen, a stranger training another man's daughter.
But my uncle wanted me to stop education in JSS 3.
Thanks God that we can still be successful through our hard work.
I love you madam. Just as you praid, may God continue to bless you and your family financially.... Amen

drop down in tears say weytin happen? you're sick or someone stole ur lunch undecided

stay there dey form one estranged whity. you're kuku not doing me. hissss
Re: Woman Celebrates Her Housemaid Of 13 Years On Her Matriculation (Photos) by STOjo: 3:01pm On Mar 16, 2018
God bless you for helping this generation. Unfortunately no media house will feature this type of news.
Re: Woman Celebrates Her Housemaid Of 13 Years On Her Matriculation (Photos) by Reelmii: 3:02pm On Mar 16, 2018
At least there are still some women who fear God
Re: Woman Celebrates Her Housemaid Of 13 Years On Her Matriculation (Photos) by lastempero: 3:06pm On Mar 16, 2018
Madam that gal resemble u,u sure say no be ur run away daughter and u didn't tell us that you do beat her.
Re: Woman Celebrates Her Housemaid Of 13 Years On Her Matriculation (Photos) by Pataricatering(f): 3:14pm On Mar 16, 2018
Muafrika2:
She's still a child. Shame on the women using her as a maid angry
depends on how you treat her ! After all there are children working in nollywood , doing adverts etc - work na work !make sure the child goes to school , her work doesn’t affect her studies , no abuse etc , make sure her health is attended to , her psychological needs are met etc- seems the woman tried her best !
Re: Woman Celebrates Her Housemaid Of 13 Years On Her Matriculation (Photos) by brainhgeek(m): 3:18pm On Mar 16, 2018
Gebbson007:

no one could have responded better. Thanks for the perfect response
Re: Woman Celebrates Her Housemaid Of 13 Years On Her Matriculation (Photos) by Britishcoins(m): 3:20pm On Mar 16, 2018
heendrix:

drop down in tears say weytin happen? you're sick or someone stole ur lunch undecided

stay there dey form one estranged whity. you're kuku not doing me. hissss
Which one is your own. Somebody cannot make a comment in peace again?
If I slap you now, people will think that I am wicked. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Woman Celebrates Her Housemaid Of 13 Years On Her Matriculation (Photos) by Jackipapa: 3:25pm On Mar 16, 2018
happney65:
She would ended up fuccccking ur husband.. grin grin grin

Devil incarnate, devilish mind from on go......
Re: Woman Celebrates Her Housemaid Of 13 Years On Her Matriculation (Photos) by agarawu23(m): 3:34pm On Mar 16, 2018
Nice

13yr? I will like to know the age she started being her maid.
Re: Woman Celebrates Her Housemaid Of 13 Years On Her Matriculation (Photos) by kpaofame: 3:53pm On Mar 16, 2018
jagugu88li:
I won't mention how great a job it is that she managed to send her to school. Well done Ma'am

With that being said, I see comments congratulating her on how well she has treated her housemaid......You all mean to tell me that 13years back this girl qualified to be a housemaid? She doesn't even look 18years now and yet she has been housemaiding since 13years back.

Someone will come and ask me if she hadn't been a maid would she be now graduating.......small ones.

I guess you skipped the part where she said she sent the girl back to her parents that she was too small to be a maid...

2 Likes

Re: Woman Celebrates Her Housemaid Of 13 Years On Her Matriculation (Photos) by Chochovini: 3:58pm On Mar 16, 2018
A GOOD Deeds like this always attracts the equivalent good comments that in turn attracts the attention of Heaven‘s unfathomable blessings. I pray that would be your lot super-madam. U are the best! Love ya!
Re: Woman Celebrates Her Housemaid Of 13 Years On Her Matriculation (Photos) by Rhaspody(m): 4:05pm On Mar 16, 2018
for those saying she's too small to be a maid 13 years ago, read the post again. she wanted someone bigger but the mum pleased that she take the girl. she practically trained another woman's female child. a girl that will marry and go-to another man's house. how many of you can do it.

madam anywhere you are, I pray your anointing will not go dry. your source of income will increase indefinitely.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Celebrates Her Housemaid Of 13 Years On Her Matriculation (Photos) by Born2Breed(f): 4:12pm On Mar 16, 2018
Gebbson007:

Kai! See finishing.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Celebrates Her Housemaid Of 13 Years On Her Matriculation (Photos) by cytell56: 4:15pm On Mar 16, 2018
metronaija2:
Gloria Ernest Samuel, took to Facebook on Wednesday, March 14, to celebrate her housemaid of 13 years, who recently gained admission into a higher institution. Read her post below...

I am proud of us...

On 17th February, 2005, my husband brought her home as my house help. She was smaller than l wanted. I needed a much bigger girl, but the mum could only allow her as the elder sister was elsewhere. The only option was to manage her, but managing meant that l had to nurse her as she was too small to even wash her own clothes, the breakable kitchenwares etc.
It wasn't also easy to raise a child with certain orientations.
But l tried. When the task became too tedious,
I packaged her home, but the father gave us a mind boggling question: if she is your daughter, will you throw her away? Please, train her as yours. I want her different.
As stunning as that question sounded, l thank God that l took that challenge seriously and to my heart.
I teach, I scream, I plead, l appeal and l advice...
To make sure she turns out better than she would.
Sometimes, she makes me furious, laugh, cry, and proud, just like now.
From Primary 2, she had gone through to secondary, made her papers, have trained on computer literacy before going for skill acquisition.
Today, she has moved to a higher level. She is matriculating at Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education, and l am so happy that our 13years together is not a waste after all.
She has long ceased to be a maid in my home.
She is now Aunty's Auntie, my little sister, my children's Auntie. And no one knows she is not my sibling.

Uchechi, today is the beginning of a new life for you.
We are happy for you. Sky is your jumping pad.
We pray that you graduate with flying colours. And we continue to pray for financial breakthrough so that you do not suffer any stress concerning your education.
Congratulations, dear. We are super proud of you.

More photos below...

http://www.metronaija.ng/nigerian-woman-celebrates-her-housemaid-of-13-years-on-her-matriculation/

This is how life should be, not like those Olooso that maltreats other people's children.
Re: Woman Celebrates Her Housemaid Of 13 Years On Her Matriculation (Photos) by Gebbson007(m): 4:15pm On Mar 16, 2018
1chiboy:

Asineeeeeh...
at least a foolish man has brain. this one has non

his case is hopeless ..

1 Like

Re: Woman Celebrates Her Housemaid Of 13 Years On Her Matriculation (Photos) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 16, 2018
That's Mrs Gloria Ernest Samuel. A lecturer in IMSU, who is popular as one of the honest and ethical ones. Just got her Doctorate degree from University of Witswatersand, South Africa last year. She has also authored a novel titled "Dear Iheoma". She's a feminist and one of the sensible ones at that. Kudos madam.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Men Married To White Women What's Your Experience? / My Handsome Boy Is A Year Old Today / 5 Tricks Nigerian Women Use To "Trap Men Into Marriage"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.