Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,103 members, 7,953,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:58 PM

Many Feared Dead As Yoruba, Hausa Youths Clash In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Many Feared Dead As Yoruba, Hausa Youths Clash In Lagos (665 Views)

President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket / PDP, APC Youths Clash At Benin Airport Over Motion To Impeach Buhari / Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Many Feared Dead As Yoruba, Hausa Youths Clash In Lagos by KEVIND: 12:06am On Mar 17, 2018
Some persons were feared killed as Yoruba and Hausa youths clashed at Gida Panli , Kotomola, in the Ojota New Garage area of Lagos State .
It was learnt that the clash broke out on Thursday after a Hausa youth reportedly beat up his Yoruba counterpart over a misunderstanding .
Some area boys in the area were said to have avenged the assault on the Yoruba youth , leading to the clash which spilled over to Friday morning .
Our correspondent learnt that several motorcycles were destroyed in the melee while commercial activities in the neighborhood were paralysed .
Police have been drafted to the troubled spot to restore normalcy .
“There was a misunderstanding yesterday ( Thursday ) between a Yoruba and Hausa youth. The Hausa guy reported him to some area boys in the area and they settled the issue .
“Afterwards , he went to attack the Yoruba man and beat him up. That made the area boys to be angry. They attacked the Hausa man and the clash started . Traders had to vacate the area and many Hausa people had been chased away .
“I learnt some people were killed , but I am not sure of the number yet . Police have been trying to restore normalcy ,” a commercial driver in the area , Wale Ajayi , said .
The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Chike Oti , confirmed the clash and promised to get back to our correspondent with further details .
Details later.

http://punchng.com/panic-as-yoruba-hausa-clash-in-lagos/
Re: Many Feared Dead As Yoruba, Hausa Youths Clash In Lagos by Apelex(m): 12:07am On Mar 17, 2018
Nigeria and bad news are like five and six.

Please anyone who knows buhari shut tell him. I wanna give him my salary for life as a patriot
. He said just back to cattle rearing in daura pls.

I weep for this country.

Cc
Mynd44

(1) (Reply)

An Icon Struggling Between Kwankwaso And Ganduje! / Anambra State Govt Stopped All Activities Of ATMA And VIO In The State / Breaking: Dino Granted Bail, Police To Re-arrest Him Again As Lawmakers Protests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.