Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Zenith Banks Refuses To Pay Members Of Staff Profit Sharing - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Zenith Banks Refuses To Pay Members Of Staff Profit Sharing (8696 Views)

Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff / Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies / Aero Contractors Sacks 95% Of Workers (with Pictures Of Staff Protest Today) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zenith Banks Refuses To Pay Members Of Staff Profit Sharing by namski(m): 8:25pm On May 07, 2010
@Maitema, the poster has got every reason to be acrimonious as you are implying. If it is you that is being owed your hard earned salary, please are you likely to be saying the sort of rubbish you have just posted. Mind you that this is salary that we are talking about and not some charity donation. If the poster decides to go on a smear campaign, please she has got every reason to do so. If Zenith or the likes of you feel that the reaction is out of place, then let them (Zenith) or you, go and advice them on how to be more transparent in their dealings with people that have got responsibilities to fulfil.
Re: Zenith Banks Refuses To Pay Members Of Staff Profit Sharing by MAITEMA(m): 8:30am On May 08, 2010
Namski,

If you are a staff of Zenith bank, you and Zengurl dont deserve to work there. Lambasting your employers in public and encouraging co-staff to perpetrate fraud because your employer owes you benefits portrays you as ill-mannered and unlearned people.

I am not saying your bank is right to owe you benefits, but you are supposed to protect the image of your place of work. Your bank survived Sanusi's tsunami and you should be proud of it rather than run down its PR in public. If you have grievances, channel them to your HR Dept. and stop behaving like half-baked and waywardly-inbred kids in a public forum.

End of story.

1 Like

Re: Zenith Banks Refuses To Pay Members Of Staff Profit Sharing by zengurl: 9:41am On May 08, 2010
@Maitema,

I feel your pains reading posts like this online. But what do they do when they are in a society that does not listen. Management does not want to listen. They feel whatever they are doing is best and best for the company. They are so concern about their own selfish interest and not interest of other members of staff.

And Mind you, THAT ALLOWANCE they call PROFIT SHARING IS PART OF their SALARY. Its only TAGGED profit sharing ITS A FRACTION OF their ANNUAL PAY, it their entitlement and their right.

So Maitema, please you could just keep your trap closed before dirt comes out of it.
Re: Zenith Banks Refuses To Pay Members Of Staff Profit Sharing by adebaki: 9:45am On May 08, 2010
Er poster , i feel ur pain . Hope you remember all those things in small print when u were signing your acceptance letter so be careful .
I think zenith is a joke when it comes to taking care of its junior level staff or how else would you explain EA and ET , i thought graduate na graduate. Bottom line it still boils down to the fact that nobody cares and our people are greedy bastards.

PS : its not just zenith man , its everywhere.
Re: Zenith Banks Refuses To Pay Members Of Staff Profit Sharing by namski(m): 10:48am On May 08, 2010
@ Maitema,

If Zenith so cherishes it's public image, then things like this should have been addressed before any staff member even complains about it. If your comments implies your sense of judgement of issues, then you have an even bigger issue than Zenith Bank. Please can you justify the reason why an employer should hold back on its staff salaries.

And for the records, please read my earlier comments and tell me how I have supported fraud - the topic of this thread is 'Zenith Bank Refuses to Pay Members of Staff Profit Sharing and the original posters reference to fraudulent activities at the Bank was only to demonstrate how some Zenith Staff members have decided to take their own share of the profit. If you had been too lazy to have read all the comments on this thread before posting your uncoordinated comments, then maybe you should do so now before your next. All these reported fraudulent activities are simply as a result of a natural reaction in response to an employer's irrational and irresponsible attitude.

If anyone is supporting or perpetrating fraud they do so at their own peril as it is criminal to do so. I fully support Zengurl with how she has decided to address her own grievance, however I did advice her to leave the bank if she could not take it anymore.

There can never be any justification for an employer with-holding its staff salaries. If it's early signs of distress then let us know. I said it earlier and still refrain it again, Zenith is a smoke screen.
Re: Zenith Banks Refuses To Pay Members Of Staff Profit Sharing by MAITEMA(m): 11:38am On May 08, 2010
@ Zengurl

Your insolence under the circumstance has enabled me to “size you” and also shows your inability to have a high-pitched delibration where "personal attacks" should be intelligently undertoned rather than direct and vulgar. This explains your tactlessness against your employers.
Re: Zenith Banks Refuses To Pay Members Of Staff Profit Sharing by MAITEMA(m): 12:06pm On May 08, 2010
@ Namski

I believe I said "I am not saying your bank is right to owe you benefits" in my penultimate post therefore you lack basis for insinuating that I am bias or lack judgment in this case.

How does perpetration of fraud rationalize an employer’s failure to pay a fraction of an employee’s salary? A fraudster will always ply his/her trade whenever the opportunity avails itself irrespective of payment package and bonus.

In your words, "Zenith bank is a smokescreen” We have heard thee; o ye soothsayer. We all patiently await doomsday to confirm your prophecy.
Re: Zenith Banks Refuses To Pay Members Of Staff Profit Sharing by danidon: 12:56pm On May 08, 2010
[i][/i]Point of correction. there was an attempted N300m fraud which was frustrated. lets not carry out unfounded rumours. As per profit sharing. Please the name is productivity incentive and it is paid to staff according to their level of productivity. The bank has never reneged and will not even in the face of the present harsh economic situation. The dividends have just been posted to all shareholders and in line with the bank's practice after posting the dividends the staff productivity incentive (which i can authoritatively tell you has been prepared and will be paid to deserving staff) will be paid this coming week. Lets appreciate the fact that this is one of the most solid banks currently operating in this country. Anyone is entitled to his or her opinion but the truth must and should be told. This bank has the highest PBT in the industry despite the provisioning the made. Has the second highest PAT just behind GT Bank because of the over N13b they have to provide as tax against GT Bank's N4b tax provision. Has been in the forefront of Corporate Social responsibility amongst the other banks, Has one of the largest branch networks may be second to First Bank. Has the largest number of Professional Staff in its employment while other banks concentrate on casual workers and contract staff. The only Nigeria bank to year in year out publish its financials a month or two max after its year end. Has an almost unqualified audited statement of account year in year out. I can go on and on. Well, even in the bible days, a prophet is hardly recognised in his domain, but as far as the Nigerian banking sector is concerned, the major players and even CBN and NDIC knows who is who and I bet you any impartial arbiter will always rate zenith among the first three in any available parameter deployed. You can go on with your different opinions but go and crosscheck the facts i mentioned above
Re: Zenith Banks Refuses To Pay Members Of Staff Profit Sharing by danidon: 1:13pm On May 08, 2010
Maitema, i think there is even no need replying to some of these miscreants that one way or the other found themselves in the bank and some of their cohorts. Its only in Nigeria that someone working in an establishment like Zenith Bank will comprehend some of the comments being posted here. Let them go to London and see what the world has turned to. Even several banks here in Nigeria are yet to come to terms with what hit them. Imagine out of 24banks, only 6 could post profit after thorough CBN audit and the bank that posted the highest PBT is still being crucified for nothing. Let them continue, but to the management of Nairaland, pls Zenith has not refused to pay deserving staff the Productivity incentive. In line with the bank's s scheduled pay time, the incentive is paid after dispatching dividends to shareholders and that has just been done.
Re: Zenith Banks Refuses To Pay Members Of Staff Profit Sharing by hispy99(m): 5:16am On May 09, 2010
zengurl:

@Maitema,

I feel your pains reading posts like this online. But what do they do when they are in a society that does not listen. Management does not want to listen. They feel whatever they are doing is best and best for the company. They are so concern about their own selfish interest and not interest of other members of staff.

And Mind you, THAT ALLOWANCE they call PROFIT SHARING IS PART OF their SALARY. Its only TAGGED profit sharing ITS A FRACTION OF their ANNUAL PAY, it their entitlement and their right.

So Maitema, please you could just keep your trap closed before dirt comes out of it.

How can profit share be your entitlement and right? There's a reason it's called profit share (a) It is paid when the bank makes profit (b) the full amount is not guaranteed. I have worked in previous banks that had profit share as part of salary and I understood it was not an entitlement or right. So what happens if the bank declares a loss? Where are they supposed to get the "profit" to share in this case, or they should pay you from depositors' funds just because it is your right and entitlement?
Re: Zenith Banks Refuses To Pay Members Of Staff Profit Sharing by nomanicole(f): 11:57pm On May 12, 2010
;Dunnecessary grammar,why don't you leave anyone who has anything to say instead of throwing insults, i 'm thinking some of these people attacking the poster are somehow related to this "zenith bank"name calling isn't what she asked for,i believe this is democracy so let her say her mind and if you have to respond you dont need to talk to her in an unsuitable manner to make your point.at least she didnt call names,she just said zenith bank.or your papa name na zenith bank? cooland for the poster if u aint satisfied with your job,take a walk,look for something that's worth it you'll enjoy and that will help you pay your bills,nobody come look uche face! lipsrsealed wink
Re: Zenith Banks Refuses To Pay Members Of Staff Profit Sharing by Cleaner: 4:58pm On May 19, 2010
Zenith Bnak just paid Dividend and bonus? ??
IRONY, Here we are discussing about management and staff sharing profit yet nobody has mentioned the POOR SHAREHOLDER
YES THE "POOR SHAREHOLDER" who brought the bank shares (IPO) at N33.00 per share and is been given 45k as dividend and yet employees are discussing sharing profit.
Please, take a deep breath and put yourself in the place of the shareholder , , your entire family setup a business and employ others to run it.

After a year they give you 45K for every N33.00 you gave them this translate to N13,636 for every N1 million naira invested.

My dear it is sad. Top Bankers and middle level bankers live large and commit "ethical stealing"while low level bankers are stealing and running aboard by the day

yet THE POOR SHAREHOLDER IS LOST AND FORGOTTEN. WHAT AN IRONY. NIGERIANS HAVE A CHANGE OF HEART. THINK OF YOUR FELLOW MAN AND SHOW SO LOVE.
Wherever you work, ask yourself is my salary commensurate with the profit I personally contribute to the company? Set targets eg. salaries must be less than 10% of profit.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA AMEN
Re: Zenith Banks Refuses To Pay Members Of Staff Profit Sharing by zoogy2007: 2:39pm On May 21, 2010
Those who are calling on the poster to resign are all probably jobless. The truth is, If zenith declares a profit then she needs to pay PS as earlier agreed with staff or otherwise communicate any shortcomings. LET LEAVE SENTIMENTS OUT OF THIS
Re: Zenith Banks Refuses To Pay Members Of Staff Profit Sharing by zenboy: 1:30am On Jun 20, 2010
Hello all,

I confirm to you as a staff of silly Zenith Bank that all you have said n heard is true, Even today , 19/06/2010, Zenith bank held a bank wide anti-money laundering / fraud awareness training for the staff. The management of zenith only deceive themselves. How can you be holding such trainings every wknd when u r the primary cause of the fraud cases by staff?
We only deceive ourselves in zenith. Pls people, i will advise you not to always blame some of us when we are rude to you(the customers). I laugh at people that said they left zenith about 2 - 6 yrs ago,,, what if they were around till now, i wonder what they would have said because they even left when zenith was paradise,

Lets reason out this together,,, You work in a place where management wakes up one morning and takes crazy decisions (without prior communication) against staff and customers, You work in place where employer/employee relationship is ZERO,
You work in a place where corporate prostitution is encouraged by your boss just to meet outrageous targets and declare billion billion profits, Remember as a staff of zenith, for everything u do that was deemed wrong, you must be debited ( from 1,000 to 250,000) depending on the offence and the level of the officer, A must for marketers is that u must be debited if you do not bring money & other bank’s cheque back to the bank each day and this explains why no zenith marketer would want to work in their south-south region, i.e, Trans Amadi, Port Harcourt Branch. Is now a culture in that branch for marketers to be shredded and abused using foul languages ( by Patrick Okaekwu – the branch & Adaeze Udensi - the GM, along side with other senior officers) while he/she is standing before other marketers and the shredding goes round. You can never have a clear understanding of what you re reading unless you have a friend/family member in that bloody branch.

They are always thinking of how to witch-hunt staff & customers…
For staff,eg,, NO MEDICALS, REDUCTION IN SALARY,,, BREECH OF CONTRACT WITHOUT RECOURSE,,, etc,,,
Most of us at the entry level ( ET, i.e, 77,000 naira monthly), exceeding agreed time (by extra 2 years)for elevation/promotion without communication and all manner of injustice, Mind you the ETs are not entiltled to any form of allowance's' like xmas allowance, 13th month salary, leave allowance, no medicals ( for all staff now) and others.
This explains why a staff of the bank sued the bank for 20 million naira which prompted them to hurriedly do promotion of few staff out of hundreds of ETs that are long over due by over 2 years.

For the customers, I wonder if u have not taken a close look at your account statement & demand explanation for all those upcountry fees and wan charges you see for every withdrawal and deposit u make. Were u ever told of it before opening the account? Take a closer look, u will see some hidden charges… sometimes, u get alerts on your phone for withdrawals u know nothing about and when u come to the bank they tell you stories,,, funny enough, some branches do that just to make up for their operational cost… do you know of any late person who had account with Zenith? What happens to his/her money? The branch converts it to branch income/profit. How would match zenith operations & GTB operations and the testimonials fro the two banks? Is well known to all that zenith is known for excellent customer service (in the past) but why has it suddenly died? Have you ever reasoned why majority of zenith staff operate account with GTB but the reverse is not the case? Besides blue chip companies / oil firms, who has ever shared testimony that zenith bank gave him/her loan? And yet they aggressively collect money from poor masses only to grow their own selfish interest.
I wonder why EFCC is not looking into the lifestyles of the senior banking officers in zenith… can you believe that the children account of some managers have over 100million naira in it (obviously obtained from shady deals they do). I tell people bankers are the most fraudulent set of people.
If you can recall vividly, in December 2009, zenith system/network was down bankwide, simply because they crashed it to wipe off some dirty / fraudulent deals they have in their books so that CBN and other bodies wont have access to it during their end of year auditing exercise.
Pls dear, stop being deceived by the zenith advert you see on CNN. Lol. Is cosmetic/film tricks.
I’ve never seen / heard such complaint from the so called ‘’ under-rated banks’’; they even tend to be silent performers/achievers.
I’m very PISSED OFF with my employer – Zenithbank. I just wish Sanusi will focus his searchlight on filthy Zenith.
Re: Zenith Banks Refuses To Pay Members Of Staff Profit Sharing by namski(m): 10:40am On Jun 20, 2010
Welldone Zenboy for your post.

As much as it does not provide what many will refer to as concrete evidence, yet as a former staff of Zenith Bank, I very much appreciate and fully understand every single thing you have said. The bank is a smoke screen and I agree with you that CBN should seriously investigate that bank. The truth remians that someday, it must come crumbling down and I only pity those that will be caught out.

A number of fools on this forum will not like your post - obviously the beneficiaries of the dubious activities going on in the bank. Just brush them aside and if you have more things to make us aware of, pls do post it.

Cheers.
Re: Zenith Banks Refuses To Pay Members Of Staff Profit Sharing by candylips(m): 6:00pm On Jun 26, 2010
^^ where is the evidence to back this your claims
Re: Zenith Banks Refuses To Pay Members Of Staff Profit Sharing by yodiyokun(f): 7:10pm On Jun 28, 2010
If you don't work in a Bank in a department like Credit, Treasury, Audit, Fincon, you will not know the level of wayo that goes on in these Banks.

Nobody is going to give evidence on a public forum, when they dont want to loose their jobs or worse be assas***. You can choose to believe it or not.

I never worked in Zenith, however I can believe what has been shared on this thread. This is because I know that even when Zenith was rosy in th early- mid 2000's, CBN examiners where comparing the kind of dollars they get from us in my Bank( name witheld) to what they get from Jim Ovia.

At least, I saw CBN examiners collect dollars from us when they discovered a small account which we tried to hide from them. I also believe Zenith could have wiped off their books, it has been done b4 in my old bank.

Check out the banking supervision and banking examination teams at CBN( this is what they were called up to 2006), they drive horrid cars, wear 1970's suit but find out where their kids go to school.

I used to do CBN runs for my bank, those yeye officials openly ask us for egunje! I beg leave tori!
Re: Zenith Banks Refuses To Pay Members Of Staff Profit Sharing by gbengus26(m): 6:51am On May 20, 2015
This issue you mention here is the one of the biggest problem Nigeria worker are facing and nobody ready to fight for each other. Corruption and greedy everywhere.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Five Things You Wish Your Boss Knew / PHOTOS: Ondo Workers Hold Prayer Session As They Resume / Interswitch Assessment Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.