Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Biafra: IPOB Again Drags Nigerian Government, Buhari To UN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: IPOB Again Drags Nigerian Government, Buhari To UN (743 Views)

Biafra: IPOB Again Drags Nigerian Government, Buhari To UN / Why We Are Running "Slow Government" - Buhari / May God Give Nigerians Patience To Tolerate My Government – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: IPOB Again Drags Nigerian Government, Buhari To UN by Nobody: 12:29am On Mar 18, 2018
The Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, has written the United Nations, UN, about the ruling of the African Commission on Human and Peoples Rights, ACHR, against the Nigerian government.

The group is demanding the international community to prevail on President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration to obey court order.
The IPOB made this known in a statement signed by the Media and Publicity Secretary of IPOB, Comrade Emma Powerful.

According to the statement, “We, the IPOB worldwide, have today (yesterday) formally notified the civilised world about the interim ruling of the ACHR against the Nigerian government and the need for international community to prevail upon the administration of Muhammadu Buhari to abide by the rulings as pronounced.

“Buhari’s administration is infamous for persistent and habitual disobedience of court orders. They have no regard for the rule of law as evidenced by numerous instances where they have declined to obey judicial pronouncements.

“In the light of this undemocratic and dictatorial tendency of the present regime in Nigeria, we the IPOB through the office of the Directorate of State have communicated to world bodies, the need to hold Nigeria accountable to its international obligations especially its duty to honour legally binding treaties.
“Without any rigorous oversight, the Buhari’s regime will treat the latest pronouncement by ACHR with the same disdain as ordinary court judgements in Nigeria.

“We firmly believe that it is the duty of the civilised world to hold brutal regimes in Africa, especially those that assumed power under the cover of democracy, to account for their actions.”

The ACHR had through its Decision on Seizure and Provisional Measures, on March 8, 2018, asked the Federal Government to rescind its decision branding IPOB and its members as terrorists as well as the proscription.

It also, condemned the “arrest and lengthy detention of Nnamdi Kanu (as IPOB leader); and the lethal military attacks against his person (while he was free on bail), his family, and members of IPOB in September 2017; and which attacks led to many deaths, wounding and military arrests and detentions of IPOB members, including the troubling fact that Nnamdi Kanu has not been seen or heard from since the said attacks.”
The ACHR, while “granting provisional measures,” further stated that, “the continuing and menacing presence of armed soldiers at several checkpoints in the five states of southeastern Nigeria which has created an atmosphere of fear that many more IPOB members (including Nnamdi Kanu – if he is alive) could be shot at sight pursuant to their having been declared terrorists.”

It then asked the government “Not to take any further action so as to avoid irreparable damage to the Victim, IPOB and its members, pending the decision of the Commission on this Communication.”

Copied in the decision were President of USA, the British Prime Minister, United Nations Human Rights Council, the National Human Rights Commission of Nigeria, the European Commission for Human Rights Africa Union, the US Congress, the House of Commons of the United Kingdom as well as Office of the Prime Minister of Israel and Parliament of Canada among others.

SOURCE :http://dailypost.ng/2018/03/17/biafra-ipob-drags-nigerian-government-buhari-un/amp/

Re: Biafra: IPOB Again Drags Nigerian Government, Buhari To UN by Topmaike007(m): 12:44am On Mar 18, 2018
Is IPOB still existing? my fellow Igbo brothers let us abandon hatred and move with one Nigeria.the Yoruba always say that if we don't forget our past, we will not see who to play with. Pls let us forget our past and move forward.

Long live Igbo
Long live Nigeria.
Re: Biafra: IPOB Again Drags Nigerian Government, Buhari To UN by DynasTee: 2:02am On Mar 18, 2018
Just a quick reminder!
The federal government is partially deaf so I doubt he will hear you
Re: Biafra: IPOB Again Drags Nigerian Government, Buhari To UN by Ogonimilitant(m): 4:04am On Mar 18, 2018
Topmaike007:
Is IPOB still existing? my fellow Igbo brothers let us abandon hatred and move with one Nigeria.the Yoruba always say that if we don't forget our past, we will not see who to play with. Pls let us forget our past and move forward.

Long live Igbo
Long live Nigeria.
afonja slave

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: IPOB Again Drags Nigerian Government, Buhari To UN by Topmaike007(m): 7:07am On Mar 18, 2018
Ogonimilitant:
afonja slave
thank you is Biafra now the way out for Igbo?
Re: Biafra: IPOB Again Drags Nigerian Government, Buhari To UN by devindevin2000: 7:11am On Mar 18, 2018
Topmaike007:
I[s]s IPOB still existing? my fellow Igbo brothers let us abandon hatred and move with one Nigeria.the Yoruba always say that if we don't forget our past, we will not see who to play with. Pls let us forget our past and move forward.

Long live Igbo
Long live Nigeria.[/s]

Afonjas...they will not touch this thread below or even look at it of Hausa-Fulani fighting them in their land but will rush enter anything Biafraa...something is wrong with these people. Serious mental disease!
https://www.nairaland.com/4402627/yoruba-hausa-clash-ojota-police/1#65910750

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: IPOB Again Drags Nigerian Government, Buhari To UN by johnmartus(m): 7:14am On Mar 18, 2018
undecided I thought they are educated daft ipob .
Re: Biafra: IPOB Again Drags Nigerian Government, Buhari To UN by OnyeOGA(m): 9:21am On Mar 18, 2018
Topmaike007:

Long live Igbo
Long live Nigeria.
tufiakwa!
A gentleman is a cheated man. I will never be a gentleman.
Nothing like one Nigeria. When my grandfather died during the war you taught am going to abandon our struggle.
Bro, shine ur eyes!
Re: Biafra: IPOB Again Drags Nigerian Government, Buhari To UN by papoudaupolos: 9:33am On Mar 18, 2018
Ipob and dragging, that's why too much wahala de follow em
Re: Biafra: IPOB Again Drags Nigerian Government, Buhari To UN by ozowarac: 1:52pm On Mar 18, 2018
All hail Biafrans.

(1) (Reply)

Jubilation As Presidency Ends Dichotomy Between B.sc/ HND Holders / Senator Ovie Omo Agege Designed Political Obituary Banner Of Bukola Saraki / PHOTOS: Crowd Climb Mast To Welcome President Buhari To Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.