Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,463 members, 7,830,319 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Thinking To Do Bad And You Didn't Do It Is That A Sin? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thinking To Do Bad And You Didn't Do It Is That A Sin? (7264 Views)

How On Earth Thinking To Do Twosome With Your Wives — Stop Watching Adult Film / Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses / Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thinking To Do Bad And You Didn't Do It Is That A Sin? by Deboxoxo(m): 9:31am On Mar 18, 2018
This is a very good question. I will answer based on my infinitesimal knowledge.
The fact that you thought abt something bad and you didn't put it into action does not mean you committed sin. It's a sign of fear and faith. This shows that such person knows that his/her maker is watching him in every action he does. This act explains the concept of "worship God as if u are seeing him even tho u can't see him buy he sees you".. I commend the op for such bravious decision to overcome the temptation of the devil. If everybody who claim to be religious act in such manner, religion and life will be very easy. There won't be pastors and imams engaging in bad act or hypocriticy. All I knw is that the fear of God comes from the heart and not sometimes from physical appearance or ur status in religious gathering. The best of u are those who fear God most. In conclusion, OP I think you haven't committed any sin cos you never put it into action but you avoided it because u fear ur lord which may lead to rewarding benefits.

1 Like

Re: Thinking To Do Bad And You Didn't Do It Is That A Sin? by fogechi: 9:34am On Mar 18, 2018
Jabioro:
na lie it must lead to death,after all small and big sin all na sin..

read my post. all na sin but like the bible said some lead to death and some not to death
Re: Thinking To Do Bad And You Didn't Do It Is That A Sin? by Martin0(m): 9:38am On Mar 18, 2018
OboOlora:
Op, it’s a sin if u have been ‘thoughtfully’ masturbating and ejaculating cheesy

Aja aja aja ma ma ma so you nor fit use another example ba
Re: Thinking To Do Bad And You Didn't Do It Is That A Sin? by boxer022(m): 9:39am On Mar 18, 2018
Of course it is a sin. Reference : Mathew 5 vs 28. There you will see it for yourself.
Re: Thinking To Do Bad And You Didn't Do It Is That A Sin? by Akinbahm(m): 9:47am On Mar 18, 2018
Deboxoxo:
This is a very good question. I will answer based on my infinitesimal knowledge.
The fact that you thought abt something bad and you didn't put it into action does not mean you committed sin.
Thinking of doing bad and not executing the bad deed u av a reward from Almighty Allah for not doing it(is not a sin)... would love to quote hadiths/Al-furqan to back my point but my phn key board is malfunctioning

1 Like

Re: Thinking To Do Bad And You Didn't Do It Is That A Sin? by Jabioro: 9:55am On Mar 18, 2018
jamboloun:
All sin lead to death if they are not repented of, Romans 6:23 says the wages of sin is death
lf have wrong me and l thought doing you bad,along the line you did something commendable meanwhile at previous deed you're not awared that you had err,and l told you or drop my bad thought is that a sin?
Re: Thinking To Do Bad And You Didn't Do It Is That A Sin? by boxer022(m): 10:07am On Mar 18, 2018
Of course it is a sin. Look at Matthew 5 vs 28.
Re: Thinking To Do Bad And You Didn't Do It Is That A Sin? by jamboloun: 10:35am On Mar 18, 2018
The truth is, temptation is never a sin. If u think of evil or you think of doin evil but change ur mind or reject it you have not committed any sin.

Matthew 4:1 down ward talk abt how Jesus Christ was tempted. What actually happen there is not that Jesus and Satan were standing looking at one and other exchanging words, what happen there was a thought.

And that was the only time he had such thought and the Bible say he overcame and Jesus is known to be without sin.

He Jesus told us a parable in the Bible of a man who has two sons and sent dem an herald, but d younger one said he would not go. And latter d one who said he Wil not go was the one who did d bid of the father.
And Jesus said he was he was the one dat is justify.

Now, there is a different between thought of evil which is known as temptation and the sin of fornication. Ofcurse u knw in Matthew 5:28 Jesus said listing after a woman is fornication already.

This is so because in 1corinthians 6:18 the Bible says all the sins a man committ are without d body, buy the sin of fornication is against d body I.e your spirit.

So if u think of doing evil but u revert it, it is not a sin. But one thing we most not do is not to allow such thought to be reccurrent in us, or else we may not be able to overcome it again den it become a sin.
Re: Thinking To Do Bad And You Didn't Do It Is That A Sin? by Crescentolu: 11:49am On Mar 18, 2018
Please I need help and advice,sometimes back,me and my cousin slept on the same bed and at a time I losses my senses and saw my self touching her and she responded and we started romancing one another and took off our clothes and kept touching each other but in the process we realized it was a sin and an abomination but we didn't do any intercourse(penetrati ve), and we stopped and started regretting and ran and met our pastor ,he then prayed and councilled us,but time to time I feel depressed when I remember it and am feeling to go tell our parents,should I go ahead or I should let it die like that ? Because my image and name is astake here....(or I should have reason to thank God that nothing really happened) please advice me
Re: Thinking To Do Bad And You Didn't Do It Is That A Sin? by gr8tone: 11:53am On Mar 18, 2018
The idea of doing bad may come, that to me is not a sin but keeping the idea, to me, it's a sin. When you abort the idea, you have exonerated yourself from sin. Do you remember that portion where a man asked one of his son to go and work but rudely tells his father that he is not going but he later wen? Similarly, the father went to his second son with the same message. The second son humbly agreed but didn't go. The action of the first son shows repentance. It is not ideal to keep the idea of doing bad because one does not know when dead will visit. Just abort the idea immediately it comes.
Re: Thinking To Do Bad And You Didn't Do It Is That A Sin? by olajide21: 11:54am On Mar 18, 2018
InfernoNig:
Yes its a sin. Thinking it is sin, as well as doing it.

What are you people saying? How could thinking it be acting it? What God do you serve that would punish you base on your thought? YOU WOULD NOT BE PUNISHED!!!
infact ISLAM gave us the bounty of being rewarded for every act of bad you do not carry out. Knowing that people get hurt if you carry out such act, holding back and not doing such act get you reward.
You rewards are added to your scale of good deeds and on the day of reckoning, you would have an heavier scale of good deeds.

Peace be upon you.

1 Like

Re: Thinking To Do Bad And You Didn't Do It Is That A Sin? by olajide21: 12:01pm On Mar 18, 2018
Crescentolu:
Please I need help and advice,sometimes back,me and my cousin slept on the same bed and at a time I losses my senses and saw my self touching her and she responded and we started romancing one another and took off our clothes and kept touching each other but in the process we realized it was a sin and an abomination but we didn't do any intercourse(penetrati ve), and we stopped and started regretting and ran and met our pastor ,he then prayed and councilled us,but time to time I feel depressed when I remember it and am feeling to go tell our parents,should I go ahead or I should let it die like that ? Because my image and name is astake here....(or I should have reason to thank God that nothing really happened) please advice me

Alhamdullilah for His mercies. Satan creeps to our head in many forms and he is experienced.
What you should do now?
Repent sincerely to God. Hate your actions in your mind and body without returning to it. Seek forgive from God and you don't need to tell your parents nor your pastor.
Seek the pleasure of God and pray for His forgivess. He is the most merciful and most forgiving.

Most importantly, seek and worship the only one God.

1 Like

Re: Thinking To Do Bad And You Didn't Do It Is That A Sin? by Bhol28: 12:07pm On Mar 18, 2018
May God help us,it is a sin but to me I believe d fact that you always feel bad when your mind wanders to dirty ways you will soon overcome such thoughts with help of God.Some people don't feel bad at all.
Re: Thinking To Do Bad And You Didn't Do It Is That A Sin? by femi4: 12:20pm On Mar 18, 2018
MhizAJ:
Na wa oo
Are you sure one will make heaven because every little thing seems to be a sin
Even eating too much is a sin
Re: Thinking To Do Bad And You Didn't Do It Is That A Sin? by gr8tone: 12:22pm On Mar 18, 2018
olajide21:

What are you people saying? How could thinking it be acting it? What God do you serve that would punish you base on your thought? YOU WOULD NOT BE PUNISHED!!!
infact ISLAM gave us the bounty of being rewarded for every act of bad you do not carry out. Knowing that people get hurt if you carry out such act, holding back and not doing such act get you reward.
You rewards are added to your scale of good deeds and on the day of reckoning, you would have an heavier scale of good deeds.

Peace be upon you.
Well, I appreciate you for bringing the Islamic perspective in this. That's is Islamic teaching but you see, evil thoughts will always come as a temptation to try ones faith. A wise fellow will quickly discard such thoughts away but it is not so with all of us. Some do keep these thoughts until they hatch.When such thoughts come, they're not sin but keeping the thought is what can be regarded as a sin because this thoughts can become wish. And it's bad to wish evil for anybody
Re: Thinking To Do Bad And You Didn't Do It Is That A Sin? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 18, 2018
No. It is not a sin. However, Read, Meditate on these words: Prov 13:13, Psalm 119: 11, 105, 110, 1 Pet 2: 2-10,
Re: Thinking To Do Bad And You Didn't Do It Is That A Sin? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 18, 2018
No. It is not a sin. However, Read, Meditate on these words: Prov 13:13, Psalm 119: 11, 105, 110, 1 Pet 2: 2-10
Re: Thinking To Do Bad And You Didn't Do It Is That A Sin? by Toay(m): 1:06pm On Mar 18, 2018
Sundaygeorge:
You know the good book said that when you look at a lady lustfully that you have committed sin, so now I want to ask, if you think of to do bad thing and latter you didn't do it, is that sin, I mean you creating that bad thought in your mind is that a sin?

I don't know about Christianity; but in Islam, if you think of committing a sin and then decided not to execute it, you earn a reward. This is because you've been able to overcome your zeal to do evil.

However, if you didn't do it because you were unable to, then have no sin & no reward (some act eg lustful gaze at the opposite sex are sin whether you execute the temptation or not).
Re: Thinking To Do Bad And You Didn't Do It Is That A Sin? by blazepascal(m): 1:08pm On Mar 18, 2018
When we reach puberty our sexual thought arise so we can think of any sexual activities with any girl in our mind but dat dosent make us holy the real sin is when you do dat shit
Re: Thinking To Do Bad And You Didn't Do It Is That A Sin? by Toay(m): 1:09pm On Mar 18, 2018
olajide21:

Alhamdullilah for His mercies. Satan creeps to our head in many forms and he is experienced.
What you should do now?
Repent sincerely to God. Hate your actions in your mind and body without returning to it. Seek forgive from God and you don't need to tell your parents nor your pastor.
Seek the pleasure of God and pray for His forgivess. He is the most merciful and most forgiving.

Most importantly, seek and worship the only one God.

Spot on

1 Like

Re: Thinking To Do Bad And You Didn't Do It Is That A Sin? by Polymat9(m): 1:17pm On Mar 18, 2018
InfernoNig:
Yes its a sin. Thinking it is sin, as well as doing it.

OK what if you thought of stealing something and eventually you didn't, hope that is a sin too?
Re: Thinking To Do Bad And You Didn't Do It Is That A Sin? by Toay(m): 1:23pm On Mar 18, 2018
Crescentolu:

In addition to olajide21's advice, I want to add one more from the teachings of Islam:
Continue/increase your good deeds (especially charity) because "goods deeds erase bad ones"

1 Like

Re: Thinking To Do Bad And You Didn't Do It Is That A Sin? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 18, 2018
Chikita66:
I don't think its a sin, you not doing bad means that you have overcome the temptation to do bad.

You're absolutely correct.
Re: Thinking To Do Bad And You Didn't Do It Is That A Sin? by kuss: 2:04pm On Mar 18, 2018
One of the six things God hates is a heart that devices evil imagination
Prov 6:16-19
Re: Thinking To Do Bad And You Didn't Do It Is That A Sin? by tioluwani91: 3:08pm On Mar 18, 2018
Every bad thought is a suggestion from satan, ones ability to overcome devil's temptation gives grace to overcome sin...
Re: Thinking To Do Bad And You Didn't Do It Is That A Sin? by piagetskinner(m): 3:25pm On Mar 18, 2018
according to the bible portion that says if a man looks at a woman lustfully he has already committed adultery with her...so even tho u dint sleep with her physically UV already slept with her in ur mind

the way ladies dress is highly suggestive... moderation is key

guys don't dress to expose any part if their bodies even the irresponsible ones amongst them...ladies should take a leaf from them
Re: Thinking To Do Bad And You Didn't Do It Is That A Sin? by Konye1: 3:38pm On Mar 18, 2018
Yes it is.. God's concept of sin is not in the action, but in the thoughts prior to the action.

Sin in itself is a spiritual thing that affects the soul..

Your soul is you as a person, your soul lives in your body.

And you think and reason with the faculties available to ur physical body and that available to your soul which is your mind.

The thoughts in itself corrupt your soul and a corrupt soul is dammed already.

That's why Jesus said looking at a woman lustfully is already adultery.

Your mind is the greatest assets God has given you, your mind is where your battles are fought and won.

A good man can be beaten to the point where he succumbs and obeys oders to stab somebody, to God he is still a good man.. His soul didn't do it, only his body did.

As a christian learn to discipline your mind to work in the light of Gods word.. Shallom
Re: Thinking To Do Bad And You Didn't Do It Is That A Sin? by emmy3k(m): 3:49pm On Mar 18, 2018
I don't think so
Re: Thinking To Do Bad And You Didn't Do It Is That A Sin? by olajide21: 4:45pm On Mar 18, 2018
gr8tone:
W[b][/b]ell, I appreciate you for bringing the Islamic perspective in this. That's is Islamic teaching but you see, evil thoughts will always come as a temptation to try ones faith. A wise fellow will quickly discard such thoughts away but it is not so with all of us. Some do keep these thoughts until they hatch.When such thoughts come, they're not sin but keeping the thought is what can be regarded as a sin because this thoughts can become wish. And it's bad to wish evil for anybody

Alhamdulillah for the blessings of Al-Islam. Thought is not Action. So far your thoughts are not carried out, you are reward bound. Now check this out
In Islam, God would reward you for Good intentions which you intend to carry out but couldn't due to genuine reasons. Isn't that wonderful? Such is the goodness in Islam.
Re: Thinking To Do Bad And You Didn't Do It Is That A Sin? by Holuwatoobii(m): 6:50pm On Mar 18, 2018
Its a sin and its still not a sin on the other hand, reason why its not a sin? its the devil that brings those kinda thought to us human beings, thats the more reason why you shouldn't be alone, because many thoughts will be flowing in your mind(bad or good), try to be with someone and always seek for advise
Re: Thinking To Do Bad And You Didn't Do It Is That A Sin? by Gbelex(m): 7:28pm On Mar 18, 2018
Sundaygeorge:
You know the good book said that when you look at a lady lustfully that you have committed sin, so now I want to ask, if you think of to do bad thing and latter you didn't do it, is that sin, I mean you creating that bad thought in your mind is that a sin?
As a man think in his heart,so it his.so, I tynk d tot is d issue,so don't think it @ all

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Solemnization Of Holy Matrimony Or Church Wedding Biblical? / 7 Streams Of Income - God's Will / Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.