Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,622 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Ojukwu'll Be Proud Of Anambra Voters -- Obiano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu'll Be Proud Of Anambra Voters -- Obiano (840 Views)

Special Announcement For Anambra Voters In Lagos / IPOB Member Beaten Up By Anambra Voters when trying to disrupt election / Photos Of Mr. Peter Obi Inducing Anambra Voters With Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ojukwu'll Be Proud Of Anambra Voters -- Obiano by Yyeske(m): 4:09am On Mar 18, 2018
By Vincent Ujumadu, Awka

GOVERNOR Willie Obiano of Anambra State and his deputy, Dr. Nkem Okeke Saturday took their oaths of office at an impressive ceremony at the Alex Ekwueme Square in Awka, with the governor saying the late Ikemba Nnewi, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu would be proud of Anambra people for overwhelmingly voting for All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, in the November 18, 2017 governorship poll. GOVERNOR WILLIE OBIANO AND WIFE The ceremony was witnessed by four other governors namely, David Umahi of Ebonyi, Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu and Ayo Fayose of Ekiti, as well as the deputy governor of Taraba State, Alhaji Haruna Umaru. Also present were the Ooni of Ife, Deji of Akure, Obi of Onitsha and hundreds of traditional rulers from within and outside Anambra State. Amidst gun salutes, Obiano said: “I have no doubt that when Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu looks down from heaven, he would be proud of what you did on November 18, 2017.
“He would be happy that when the people he anointed to preserve his legacy jumped ship, you fought hard enough to keep the political vessel he bequeathed us afloat on the turbulent sea of Nigerian politics because this is our own. “If our forebears; the Great Zik of Africa, Sir Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu, Mokwugo Okoye, Dr Akweke Nwafor Orizu, Igwe Osita Agwuna, Professor Kenneth Onwuka Dike, Professor Chinua Achebe, Professor Chike Obi, Mrs Janet Muokelu, and other illustrious personages laid the foundation for today’s Nigeria, our generation has no choice than to make Anambra State the quintessence of excellence. This is one mission that must not fail.
“I therefore stand before you today as a product of love; your love; your love for Anambra State; your love for good governance. “I am the proof that we have attained great political maturity in this state. “I am the evidence that when the occasion demands, we can rise together as one and that when we stand together as one; we can bend the tide of destiny in our favour. “This is the moment you have wished for, hoped for and prayed for and I am here to serve.
“Never before had our beloved state witnessed the electoral history that you created on November 18, 2017. And today, I stand on the crest of your love to declare a new season of excellence for our beloved Anambra State. “Our dear state is on a journey of self-awakening and discovery. We are reaching for the stars with the moon beneath our feet. And I am most grateful to you for choosing me and Nkem Okeke to lead you on this journey. “Therefore, my gratitude goes to the Almighty God for saying yes to my dream of a second term in office, and I must thank you for your prayers and your votes that made me your governor. “I bow in humility, to the leadership and members of our great party, APGA, for fighting a good and decent fight to ensure our victory at the polls.
“Let me assure you here that the democratic garden you watered with your votes on November 18, 2017 will bloom with the flowers of progress. “It will flourish to our joy and happiness and to the admiration of all Nigerians. We shall work together, dream together and create new narratives with happy endings for ourselves. “Our dream is within a touching distance under my watch and we can see its gleaming surface on the horizon.”
Going down memory lane, Obiano recalled the promise he made when he was sworn in four years ago saying, “I am happy that we have taken back our cities and communities from brutal armed robbers and kidnappers who once made our beloved state a dread to decent people and a taboo to investors. “We have turned the table on our collective enemies and turned our adversities into advantages. We are Nigeria’s safest state today. We have elevated governance from building roads and bridges to building lives. “We are the new agricultural model for Nigeria. Our cities and communities are aesthetic wonders with dazzling lights at night. “We have re-created our social environment and restored nightlife to our cities. We suspended taxes for low income earners and put more money in the hands of breadwinners. “We have attracted huge investments and touched every community with special projects, chosen by each community.
We grew our GDP by one trillion naira in the middle of recession and increased our Internally Generated Revenue, IGR, while most taxes remain suspended. “We inherited a total of 101 roads with a cumulative length of 641.924KM when we assumed office four years ago and in spite of the poor state of the economy, we successfully completed 55 of them with a cumulative length of 422.050KM, leaving us with a balance of 46 roads with a length of 219.074KM.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/03/ojukwull-proud-anambra-voters-obiano/

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu'll Be Proud Of Anambra Voters -- Obiano by ameri9ja: 4:18am On Mar 18, 2018
Still trying to ride dead and gone Ojukwu's coattails. Pathetic man.
Re: Ojukwu'll Be Proud Of Anambra Voters -- Obiano by Yyeske(m): 4:29am On Mar 18, 2018
ameri9ja:
But he said the truth na, somebody Ojukwu bequeathed with the leadership of the party ran off but Anambra people still believed in the party and voted for a working governor and a working party. Na lie?

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu'll Be Proud Of Anambra Voters -- Obiano by ameri9ja: 4:33am On Mar 18, 2018
Yyeske:
But he said the truth na, somebody Ojukwu bequeathed with the leadership of the party ran off but Anambra people still believed in the party and voted for a working governor and a working party. Na lie?

Nonesense. Be your own man. Leave Ojukwu alone. Even his son did not support u folks.
Re: Ojukwu'll Be Proud Of Anambra Voters -- Obiano by Yyeske(m): 4:39am On Mar 18, 2018
ameri9ja:

Nonesense. Be your own man. Leave Ojukwu alone. Even his son did not support u folks.
His son he has disowned even before he died? Abeg stick to topic and stop bringing irrelevant issues into it

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu'll Be Proud Of Anambra Voters -- Obiano by ameri9ja: 4:48am On Mar 18, 2018
Yyeske:
His son he has disowned even before he died? Abeg stick to topic and stop bringing irrelevant issues into it

That's a lie. Not that son. The person he picked as his true heir. Who u think u trying to fool.
Re: Ojukwu'll Be Proud Of Anambra Voters -- Obiano by Yyeske(m): 5:02am On Mar 18, 2018
ameri9ja:

That's a lie. Not that son. The person he picked as his true heir. Who u think u trying to fool.
Ojukwu will be proud of Anambra voters, what do you think even if I knew you never voted.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu'll Be Proud Of Anambra Voters -- Obiano by ameri9ja: 5:05am On Mar 18, 2018
Yyeske:
Ojukwu will be proud of Anambra voters, what do you think even if I knew you never voted.

Proud of Anambra voters my ass. Ojukwu would have spear-headed Obiano's removal.
Re: Ojukwu'll Be Proud Of Anambra Voters -- Obiano by Nobody: 6:06am On Mar 18, 2018
The only thing i know Ojukwu will be proud of, is Biafra actualization!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu'll Be Proud Of Anambra Voters -- Obiano by Herdsmen: 7:06am On Mar 18, 2018
One afonja jobless tröl running lose here..

Hin skull dey leak..

Rest on Ikemba.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu'll Be Proud Of Anambra Voters -- Obiano by muykem: 7:25am On Mar 18, 2018
crazysaint:

The only thing i know Ojukwu will be proud of, is Biafra actualization!
Ojukwu said Biafra is dead and buried.
Re: Ojukwu'll Be Proud Of Anambra Voters -- Obiano by NonsoWow: 7:50am On Mar 18, 2018
ameri9ja:
Ojukwu is dead but his manhood lives on!
Re: Ojukwu'll Be Proud Of Anambra Voters -- Obiano by NonsoWow: 7:55am On Mar 18, 2018
Willie is working. This fact was confirmed by the total victory that Obiano got from voters who were so happy with his performance in the 1st leg. No other governor in anambra history have matched that feat.
Re: Ojukwu'll Be Proud Of Anambra Voters -- Obiano by deboysben(m): 8:58am On Mar 18, 2018
All these calibers of igbo wannabe and Anambra precisely. Una no go bring shame to my dear state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu'll Be Proud Of Anambra Voters -- Obiano by ameri9ja: 1:55pm On Mar 18, 2018
NonsoWow:
Ojukwu is dead but his manhood lives on!

U mean his pennis. No, his pennis is dead too.
Re: Ojukwu'll Be Proud Of Anambra Voters -- Obiano by gidgiddy: 3:06pm On Mar 18, 2018
Willie Obiano is a deluded man. Riding on the name of Ojukwu to get where he is but not able to live by the principles that made Ojukwu. Ojukwu made his name by rising up to defend his people, not by winning elections.

This was the same Obiano who heard that unarmed people were being shot in his own state but could not rise up to ask why. This same Obiano heard that many people were in hospital with bullet wounds but he chose to visit a mosque instead. This same Obiano heard about how Soldiers broke into a Church in Nkpor and opened fire on people sleeping, he did nothing.

Would Ojukwu have become what he became if he was someone looked the other way as his people were being needlessly killed?

Obiano is starting his second term but has lost the respect of the people. He is starting a second term with elections where 90% of the electorate didnt bother to come out to vote. He is starting a second term but there is no out pouring of support or enthusiasm from Anambrarians for him.

If Ojukwu walked the streets of Anambra, people will come out to cheer him

If Nnamdi Kanu walked the streets of Anambra, people will come out to cheer him

But if Obiano walked the streets of Anambra, people will take one look at him and say "onye nkea esikwa ebeh?"

Igbos need Ojukwu's and Kanu's, not Northern slaves like the Obiano's.
Re: Ojukwu'll Be Proud Of Anambra Voters -- Obiano by Yyeske(m): 3:18pm On Mar 18, 2018
Look at them deceiving themselves about Obiano, Ndianambra had spoken so your rants on nairaland is inconsequential.
Peter Obi is off the radar for now till he does the needful before APGA and Ndianambra before he can be forgiven, as for IPOB miscreants, your case has been forgotten and buried. We need another less hateful group to champion Biafra and not that swine filled bile filled group.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu'll Be Proud Of Anambra Voters -- Obiano by Yyeske(m): 3:26pm On Mar 18, 2018
gidgiddy:
You again, if I should take you on each point you raised here, you'll snap as usual. Ndianambra are not deceived by your antics and that was why we did the needful so as to teach IPOB miscreants some lessons.

IPOB was dealt a heavy blow by Nnamdi Kanu's absence but the master stroke that finally buried it was Ndianambra's resolution to rescue their state from some rogues masquerading as freedom fighters.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Governor Wike Sworn In High Court Judges / Tension As Hon. Chinda Moves For Buhari’s Impeachment / Another PDP Member Defects To SDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.