Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

You Disobey Jesus Whenever You Say Someone Is Your Spiritual Father - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Disobey Jesus Whenever You Say Someone Is Your Spiritual Father (14635 Views)

"Uma Ukpai Is My Spiritual Father”, Pastor Adeboye Declares / Why you don't need a spiritual father or mother!!! / Prophet Bernard Siam: Stop Calling Me Spiritual Father If You Don’t Pay Me Tithe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Disobey Jesus Whenever You Say Someone Is Your Spiritual Father by Kobojunkie: 8:21pm On Mar 24, 2021
CharlieMaria:

He was only speaking against pride in that passage, do not translate the scriptures literally...
Jesus Christ was not speaking against pride.. He made Himself clear in what He meant.

Matthew 23 vs 8-12
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8. But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brothers.[c]
9. And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.
10. Neither be called instructors, for you have one instructor, the Christ.
11. The greatest among you shall be your servant.
12. Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
Re: You Disobey Jesus Whenever You Say Someone Is Your Spiritual Father by Kobojunkie: 8:23pm On Mar 24, 2021
InansBobo:
Again, Saint Paul refers to himself as the father of believers in 1 Corinthians 4;14-15, “I am not writing this to make you ashamed, but to admonish you as my beloved children. For though you might have ten thousand guardians in Christ, you do not have many fathers. Indeed, in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel.
Paul was wrong in his declaration

Matthew 23 vs 8-12
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8. But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brothers.[c]
9. And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.
12. Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
Where the Kingdom of God is concerned, we have only One Teacher and One Father, just as Jesus Christ commanded
Re: You Disobey Jesus Whenever You Say Someone Is Your Spiritual Father by Kobojunkie: 8:24pm On Mar 24, 2021
Acehart:
You are correct but you did not write initially to correct the guy who put up this topic and your initial response was not sufficient. The topic seems to address the norm where men have the 'title' - spiritual father. Paul didn't put it as a title. He wouldn't have wanted any one to.
Paul was wrong! As far as the Kingdom of God is concerned, no man is father over anyone, as Jesus Christ Himself commanded

Matthew 23 vs 8-12
Re: You Disobey Jesus Whenever You Say Someone Is Your Spiritual Father by Kobojunkie: 8:26pm On Mar 24, 2021
nwamehn:
Mehn, u were so on point!!! Especially in that ur fifth point. Our issue is that we read Bible these days with much more human than spiritual understanding.
I am afraid the one you responded to is in fact wrong. As far as the Kingdom of God is concerned, Jesus Christ indeed commanded you against calling any man father...

Matthew 23 vs 8-12

You call men in the world father and teachers, but when in relation to the Kingdom of God, it is a sin to do so.
Re: You Disobey Jesus Whenever You Say Someone Is Your Spiritual Father by Kobojunkie: 8:28pm On Mar 24, 2021
LukeLook:

Well said. I agree with some of your post. But I wouldn't conclude totally the way you concluded, although I accept your logic follows your conviction.

Jesus did not encourage titles in the Christian Church. No Teacher, No Doctor, No Father, No Mother Jerusalem, No Shepherd, No Reverend, No Deacon and certainly No Pope.

However, there are teachers, sherpherd, fathers, mothers, deacons etc inside the church who would fill the needs of the brethren. No one should assume titles the way a doctor or a lawyer assumes life titles.

For Christians there is only one Leader only one Father only one Shepherd...
You are wrong! Jesus in fact commanded you against calling any man Father or Teacher, as far as His kingdom is concerned.

Matthew 23 vs 8-12
It is written in plain language for all to comprehend. You have your doctors, fathers, teachers etc. in the world, and that is fine, but when it comes to the Kingdom of God and all that has to do with it, it is a sin to call any man Teacher or Father, just as Jesus Christ declared.
Re: You Disobey Jesus Whenever You Say Someone Is Your Spiritual Father by Kobojunkie: 8:29pm On Mar 24, 2021
CharlieMaria:

Go read my post, I only referred to The Catholic Priesthood and not daddy Go. 2Pet1:20-21 "No prohecy of the scriptures is made by private interpretation " so you need to listen to the Church as I mentioned before for 1Tim3:15 says "The Church is the pillar and foundation of truth. " Also Ephesians 3:10-11 explains that the Church is the teacher....so listen to the Church which was founded by Christ in Luke 22:32, Matthew 16:17-18 and John 21:15-17....Jesus eventually charged them to teach all nations in Mathew 28:19-20....Trace history and you will find that the Church is The Catholic Church...
So long as it is assumed to be of the Kingdom of God or among those who claim to believe in Jesus Christ, even your catholic priest are in the disobedience of this commandment

Matthew 23 vs 8-12
Re: You Disobey Jesus Whenever You Say Someone Is Your Spiritual Father by Kobojunkie: 8:29pm On Mar 24, 2021
Cutehector:
Many Christians disobey Christ but obey their pastor..
That is the problem. Men have become gods onto those who claim to believe in God.
Re: You Disobey Jesus Whenever You Say Someone Is Your Spiritual Father by Kobojunkie: 8:30pm On Mar 24, 2021
Cutehector:
Many Christians disobey Christ but obey their pastor..
That is the problem. Men have become as gods onto those who claim to believe in God.
Re: You Disobey Jesus Whenever You Say Someone Is Your Spiritual Father by Kobojunkie: 8:30pm On Mar 24, 2021
Acehart:
Who is your spiritual father?
God is my one and only Teacher!
Re: You Disobey Jesus Whenever You Say Someone Is Your Spiritual Father by Kobojunkie: 8:32pm On Mar 24, 2021
deb:
Oga this thread is about addressing people as your "spiritual father" and not biological father or any other thing like professional title.

The writer himself states that Pharisees want to be seen and addressed as rabbi because of their ego. That same analogy applies to making a "spiritual father" of people. One is 6, the other is half a dozen
Yep! Jesus Christ's teaching was to those who belong to the Kingdom of God and this commandment applies to them, commanding them against setting men up as fathers or teachers in His Kingdom.

Matthew 23 vs 8-12
Re: You Disobey Jesus Whenever You Say Someone Is Your Spiritual Father by Kobojunkie: 8:33pm On Mar 24, 2021
Edelweiss44:
God of Adeboye or God of Oyedepo is no different from saying "God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob" as used in the bible several times. As long as Adeboye or Oyedepo serves the true God.
Wrong! God never declared Himself of your Adeboye... so how do you know that He is the same God as the God your Adeboye or Oyedepo worship? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: You Disobey Jesus Whenever You Say Someone Is Your Spiritual Father by Kobojunkie: 8:41pm On Mar 24, 2021
Lovine:
Nothing wrong about it. God of Abraham, God Isaac, God of Jacob, etc
Everything wrong about what you claim. God alone is the one who can declare Himself of any man. it is not for Men to assign such titles to God.
Re: You Disobey Jesus Whenever You Say Someone Is Your Spiritual Father by Kobojunkie: 8:41pm On Mar 24, 2021
Monaco2:
What about father in the Lord?!?
Read again

Matthew 23 vs 8-12
Re: You Disobey Jesus Whenever You Say Someone Is Your Spiritual Father by Kobojunkie: 8:42pm On Mar 24, 2021
cinoedhunter:
Sweethrt u don't understand the word father then.... even African settings, u don't have only one father .... wink
Read it again and learn from what is written to you

Matthew 23 vs 8-12
Jesus Christ commanded against calling men, in His Kingdom, Father or Teacher
Re: You Disobey Jesus Whenever You Say Someone Is Your Spiritual Father by Kobojunkie: 8:43pm On Mar 24, 2021
Dnaz:
Also Apostle John called some Christains Fathers

13 I am writing to you, fathers, because you know him who is from the beginning. I am writing to you, young men, because you have overcome the evil one. I write to you, children, because you know the Father.
1 John 2:13

14 I write to you, fathers, because you know him who is from the beginning. I write to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one.
1 John 2:14

John was wrong! Jesus Christ did not call you to follow His apostles. He told you to follow Him, your only Teacher

Matthew 23 vs 8-12
Re: You Disobey Jesus Whenever You Say Someone Is Your Spiritual Father by Kobojunkie: 1:55am On Mar 25, 2021
CharlieMaria:

Can you prove that the Hail Mary Prayer is wrong,? From the scriptures?
Absolutely! When asked to teach them to pray, what Jesus Christ gave His apostles, what not the "Hail Mary" prayer, but instead what we now refer to as "the Lord's Prayer". undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? / Physically In Church. But Mind Elsewhere - Please Help / Timely Marriage is GOD's Original Plan For Mankind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.