Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,588 members, 7,955,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:33 PM

N13.5 Lawmakers’ Salary: What Nigerian Senators Must Do Now – Suleiman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N13.5 Lawmakers’ Salary: What Nigerian Senators Must Do Now – Suleiman (399 Views)

Senate Confirms Members Receive N13.5 Million Monthly, Separate From Salaries / Nigerian Senators Receive N13.5 Million 'running Cost' Every Month - Shehu Sani / Sleeping Nigerian Senators: These Are The Senators Representing You (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

N13.5 Lawmakers’ Salary: What Nigerian Senators Must Do Now – Suleiman by 10Ebisco: 10:57am On Mar 18, 2018
A former Minister of National Planning, Prof. Abubakar Suleiman has called on members of the Senate and House of Representatives to passionately meet the executive to have a downward review of the jumbo pay they collect every month.

He also urged relevant government agencies to take urgent steps to reduce the remunerations of the lawmakers.

He said the lawmakers’ monthly pay must be brought down in tandem with the current realities.

Senator Shehu Sani representing Kaduna Central in the Senate, had revealed that a senator receives N13.5 million as running cost every month.

Reacting to this when he spoke with the Sun, Suleiman said, “I will agree that it is not the decision of the National Assembly to decide what they earn.

“But in the spirit of fairness and considering the situation in the country, senators and members of the House of Representatives should passionately meet the executive to review their remunerations.

“Considering the situation in the country and the fact that the price of oil in the international market has gone down, I think they should reduce it. That money is too outrageous.

“It’s too killing and it does not make sense. During my days as a minister, I didn’t go home with up to N1 million every month.

“If a minister does not earn that in one month, I don’t think lawmakers should earn it.

“The N1 million I am talking about, my housing allowance was included. Something should be done about the pay and done urgently too.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/03/n135-lawmakers-salary-what-nigerian.html

Re: N13.5 Lawmakers’ Salary: What Nigerian Senators Must Do Now – Suleiman by dignity33: 11:26am On Mar 18, 2018
Let us do a simple investigation on how Ekweremadu made his fortune through government in a transparent manner, firstly we have just heard from Senator Sani that each senator recieve N13.5m. monthly that are not their Salary which I believe that federal government are aware about it. N13.5m . ×12 month =N162m for a year . N162m ×18yrs =N2.9b not minding his monthly salary and allowances, monthly salary of senators are N750,000 ×12=N9m × 18yrs = N162m let us assume that his allowances which I did not included and his salary which is N162m are the expense and taxes he paid.

HE ALSO GETS THIS
Severance Gratuity............ N7.43m
Furniture allowance ..........N7.45m
Motor Vehicle Allowance...N9.94m

We also didn't include during the period he served as Chief of staff and Secretary to state Governors. Now let said he has made N3.5b when include the period he is chief of staff and Secretary to enugu state government. Now my question is can N3.5b buy all those properties mentioned by Saharareporter? From my estimate N3.5b can acquired those properties mentioned by Saharareporter though not saying he is a Saint.

(1) (Reply)

ASCSN 21 Days Ultimatum Of Industrial Action Is A Saboteur To Buhari's Regime / Swiss Accounts Own By Nigerians Blocked Over Alleged Nigerian Oil Bribery Case / ‘fayose’s Successor Has Greater Work To Do’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.